Sign in to follow this  
Wild Rose

Not good news....not good at all....

[Huggy][Angel][Angel][Angel][Huggy]

WR I am so very sorry about your brother.........

Many Hugs and Prayers for you and your family.

[ 03-08-2008, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: FarRiverStar ]

WR, like some others have said, I also believe that your brother will somehow know you're there with him. It will be hard on you but you won't regret seeing him for one last time.

I'm sorry, I'll be thinking of you and your family today. [Angel]

What a long day.

I got home around 10 last night, ate something, and went right to bed. It was a long day, tearful day. [Frown]

They took the life support off Jim around 2:30 in the afternoon, after his other son and daughter got there. He continued to breathe on his own. He kept on breathing, and holding his own so they moved him to the hospice part of the hospital.

He was very quiet. He looked just like he was sleeping. He was on morphine and some other drug, so there was no moving around like he was before. He can move, but doesn't know he's moving. The part of the brain that makes him aware of that is gone.

The doctors showed us an MRI of his brain, and we could see that a LOT of brain cells are dead. The part where he hears is gone, too.

My sis in law stayed there overnight as well as her son (the one I rode down with). I rode home with Jim's daughter and her boyfriend.

I haven't heard anything yet this morning. If he lives long enough, they will move him to the hospice here in town, so that he will be closer to us. But they can't do that till tomorrow (if he lives that long, because they have to contact his insurance to make sure it's covered.

My sis in law said Jim didn't want a funeral, and he wanted to be cremated. So, that's what we'll do. We'll have just a memorial for family. He wanted his ashes scattered at the hunting shack on my mother's old farm.

Some of us suggested having a "remembrance" for him later...maybe even this summer. Jim had SO many friends that I'm sure would like to come.

So, I'm glad I went there, although I really don't think Jim knew we were all there. [Frown] I might go out to my other brother's house today. He would not go to see Jim yesterday. He is taking it VERY hard.

Unless there is a miracle, Jim won't get any better. He's gone already, I'm afraid. [Me Cry]

So sorry for what you and the family are going through. [Angel] Prayers to you for strenght and to let you know I am thinking of you. Many hugs cause I think you are going to need them. [Huggy][Huggy]

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry...How hard for you and your family... [Angel][Angel][Angel]

[Huggy][Huggy][Huggy]

We're here for you. [Huggy]

Thank you. He is only 56 years old! He will be 57 on March 17. I don't think he'll make it that long, but I'm praying for a miracle.

MY SIL said the Saturday before ANY of this happened...before the surgery for the intestinal blockage, which was on a Monday...Jim was not feeling well. He got winded easily, but thought it was just because it was winter and he was out of shape! I WISH he had gone to get checked out then. They would have found the blocked artery that caused the heart attack!

The doctors said that if he'd had the heart attack before the surgery, the outcome might have been different. As it was...and I don't fully understand it all...they couldn't do what they had to for the heart because of the intestinal surgery.

But then, who knows. The brain was deprived of oxygen for too long, and it only takes 3 to 4 minutes. It takes the brain cells two weeks to die, though, so he gradually got to this point. He's been in ICU for two weeks as of last Wednesday.

It was a combination of many things, that has resulted in this.

He had a heart attack 10 years ago, and they did the balloon thing on him. He should have been more careful, and paid attention to signs of trouble!

Sorry, I just need to ramble, I guess.

Wild Rose, just saw this and wanted to tell you how sorry I am. Lost my oldest brother just before Christmes and it is hard. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

I'm still praying for your family.....It's ok to pray for a miracle....they still happen.

I know it's hard, but the Bible says to trust in the Lord and lean NOT on your own understanding!

My Dad died right before Christmas, and I know for a fact that he is in Heaven....no more pain...no more suffering....his sickness is gone and I'll see him again!

[ 03-09-2008, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Sweet Barbie ]

I hope the fact that he is in a peaceful place is helping you find a little solace.

I'll be thinking a lot about you over the next little while, WR.

Ramble all you want... I will listen [Huggy]

I too am praying for some kind of miricle!

You are a strong woman, but its ok to let it out. Let me know if there is something I can do or if you want to talk. [Huggy][Angel][Huggy][Angel]