Sign in to follow this  
MareKrazed

Mare Foaled, Now Colicing...They're Home!!! Update pg 17 & pics pg 3, 12 & 16

Morning all. Iana is still alive....so today and two more days to go until she is out of the woods. We hope that they will allow her to eat today. I'll update after surgeon updates us around 11ish. Right now no news is good news. I'm leaving at 4 today to go visit her....yes, I'm at work now.

I don't remember who asked. The baby, a colt, is now 48 hours old. He was only 1 day old yesterday when they had to sedate him to take his mommy to surgery. He is doing great; and so far Iana is still producing enough milk.

Thanks again, everyone, for all the thoughts and prayers. You have NO idea how much it means to us. Please keep them coming; she is not out of trouble yet by a long shot.

[ 05-12-2008, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: MareKrazed ]

I am so sorry to hear about your mare. I know pretty much how you must feel. I had a 16 month old filly that coliced and was sick for5 days before she passed. She was extremely special to me.

so sending you tons of hugs and prayers!!! [Angel][Angel][Angel][Huggy][Huggy][Huggy][Angel][Angel]

Update sounds promising. Hope all continues to go well. She looked pretty darn good in the pic after her surgery.

Oh, Mare... I feel bad that I wasn't on sooner.

Many prayers for you and the kiddo's.

How's Tyler handling all of this?

(Oh, and did I see the occassional white mark on Buckwheat? A snip on the nose, and a couple at the coronet band? Keeping a positive spin here...)

Mare I just saw this.

What a beautiful baby Iana gave you. Glad she made it through ok. Sendin thoughts and prayers that everythin turns out ok.

[Angel][Angel]

quote:

Originally posted by Char:

Haven't posted but I've been reading along. Sending prayers and good wishes for your mare!

char

me too [Angel]

I just got a bad update. Iana isn?t doing well. The oil that they put in her stomach last night is still there today and she isn?t passing poop. The vet gave her some drugs to help stimulate the digestive tract and is putting her and the baby in a small paddock so she and the baby can move around. The baby is cooped up and keeps bumping her and kicking her and is stressing her out. The vet doesn't know what is causing this. Her heart rate was up to 60. I'm so scared......

Oh no! That is not good. Hoping things take a turn and start geting better soon! Poor momma (and baby!).

[Angel][Angel][Angel][Huggy]

Mare... say the word, I'll pack some stuff & come down... [Huggy]

(Hey, not to be picky... but for those that don't know... it's "Iana.. like "E-ana... not with an "L").

Don't know if it helps in prayers to pronounce it right? [Angel][Angel][Angel]

Oh no!!!! [Me Cry]

So sorry to hear another sad update. I was hoping that she would be well on the road to recovery by now since she came out of surgery so well.

[Frown]

Will definitely be keeping her in my thoughts and I am sending you a TON more prayers for sweet Iana!

Would possibly separating baby from her for now be a good idea if he is stressing her out? I know it's probably not the first choice or something you want to do... but if her life can be spared by giving her some peace and quiet and without the demanding job of nursing him and keeping an eye on him... might help her relax more and able to pass her poop??

I don't know if this is even possible or not, just a wild suggestion... I just hope that your beautiful mare makes a full and complete recovery!

[Angel][Angel][Angel][Angel][Angel][Huggy]

[ 05-12-2008, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: ChaunceyBlue ]

Oh man. Crossing fingers and toes that she takes a turn for the better soon.

Have you looked into a nurse mare just in case? Not trying to be a downer, but might be something that could help her--getting the foal off of her now, you know?

Lots more good thoughts heading your way.

[Huggy]

Oh my, I am so sorry you are going through this. [Huggy]

My HEARTFELT prayers are being sent you're way. [Angel][Angel][Angel]

I have always loved this mare, she is just stunning.

More [Angel][Angel][Angel][Angel] for you guys.