Sign in to follow this  
MareKrazed

Mare Foaled, Now Colicing...They're Home!!! Update pg 17 & pics pg 3, 12 & 16

I just got home from the equine hospital, seeing Iana. On the outside she looks ok; but she still isn't doing well inside. They let her out in a small pen today and allowed her a few bites of grass. She still isn't moving anything really. While we were there she passed a bit of oil; and tooted a few times. The vet said that she is still critical and we are taking things hour to hour; she is not recovering like he would like. The baby is doing well; the vet says he is the devil. Iana isn't making as much milk and while he is nursing they are also tubing him with formula - so far three times today. He will NOT drink from a bottle or pail. She seems to be holding her own right now. She IS a very strong mare.

I asked the vets today about the baby and taking him away and such. They think that is an awful idea as she is such a good mom she would freak out totally if her baby was taken away. He was tired from being turned out and got up to nurse a few times but quickly laid back down to rest.

That is about all I know for now. We are back on no news is no change for the worse. I pray that she feels better tomorrow; I pray for no calls tonight; I pray that by morning she is pooping and getting so much better.

Thank you all, again, for all the good thoughts and prayers. It means the world to me; and I know it's helping Iana.

I'm just getting caught up on the boards after being gone for the weekend.

I am so sorry your mare is going through all this. She is such a pretty girl and her baby is adorable. Many hugs and prayers for her to pull through this. [Angel][Huggy] Many for you too [Huggy][Angel]

I hope she recovers well. That foal is so cute. Will keep you in my thoughts. Tomorrow I hope to see good news on here! [Angel]

I am praying for a good update for you this morning. We were in almost the exact same situation this time last year (without a foal) so I really do know how scared and exausted you are. [Angel][Angel][Angel][Angel][Huggy][Huggy]