Sign in to follow this  
hastflicka

Does the mirror lie?

Oh and draftie...that fabulous photoshop job looks like something I saw on fugly a while back...the rescue lady that photoshopped her butt to make it look smaller!

Yours is a MUCH better job though.

Why do they have mirrors in the arena??? how horrifying....

The mirrors are so you can see what the judge sees at a show... It's great to see how straight your horse is, especially the halts, but I just have a hard time looking in the mirrors (yes, we have mirrors along the whole short side (at C) and one mirror in the middle of one long side (E) and one in the middle of the other short side (A). Believe it or not, I usually dont' see a thing [Crazy] I can't ride and look in the mirrors at the same time, and we never LOOK as good as we on occasion FEEL.

OK, Hast, to make you feel better...

My sweetie had a minor knee surgery yesterday. The tall female anesthetist came in post op, passed by at least three other groaning patients, made a beeline for his bed, (I am so not even making this up to make you feel better) stopped dead in her tracks and gave me the "who the h*** are you?" look.

She then asked, in that way that every female on here will recognize..."And you are?" You know, with that tiny bit of a sneer that comes with many years of bia practice?

Then she said..."Wow, you are short. That must make things awkward. (I am totally not blowing smoke up your hinie to make you feel better. I have a witness!)

I then parried with a "Yes, there is a height difference, but, believe it or not, we ballroom dance, and dance well"

She then said....waaaaiiiiit for iiiitttt..."You must look like Mutt and Jeff"

At that, I mentally tipped my hat, gave her a silent "Well done, madame" and afforded her the last word. And made sure I kicked sweetie's knee on the way to the car. (Noooo, I didn't, but sure felt like kicking somebody)

ETA: I'm having a rough year, actually, now that I think about it. That does it; I'm flying to meet you Hast, and we are tying one on.

[ 05-29-2008, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: DraftHorse ]

Nah, I'm thinking pure bia.

Seriously, I think she was a wee bit interested in him, and was disappointed to discover a partner at his bedside.

And to add insult to injury, she's tall, he's tall and I'm...well, not tall. My tall buddies tell me they really don't enjoy seeing short girls with tall guys; it lowers their stats, so to speak.

Oooh, makes sense hast. Kind of like have the mirror in ballet class. (Which I loved when I was a kid, now...not so much.)

DH...you didn't even trip her or anything? You're stronger than I am.

[Eek!] Oh my GOODNESS DH. [Eek!] And you didn't even hurt her [Not Worthy]

My hubby is tall... I'm short [Crazy] I've found that it's a very good combination ...he can reach things I can't reach. [Razz]

[ROTFL]

DH you are my new hero.

[Not Worthy]

"ette"

[ROTFL]

NOTE TO SELF: Yep - another HC broad on the "must meet list.

[Cool]

I try not to look too. my mom says I'm not large but I'm never satisfied. mirrors lie.

Not to worry kiddo--my husband is 6'3" and I am 5'3" and a half !

I think I would have said something to that nurse like, "It must suck to be you". [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by DraftHorse:

Nah, I'm thinking pure bia.

Seriously, I think she was a wee bit interested in him, and was disappointed to discover a partner at his bedside.

And to add insult to injury, she's tall, he's tall and I'm...well, not tall. My tall buddies tell me they really don't enjoy seeing short girls with tall guys; it lowers their stats, so to speak.

I look large every time I step in front of anything. Window's are something that I really cant stand looking at. I detest walking in front of the walmart window's and seeing myself and think if I look that big going in, I hate to think what I look like walking out [Crazy][ROTFL]

I sure hope mirors lie because I do not like what I see staring back at me. Menopause is so hard on a woman's body. It's just not fair.

quote:

Originally posted by Jazzmatazz:

It most certainly does lie. My mother is living in mine, and I'll be darned as if I know how she got in there.

[ROTFL][ROTFL][ROTFL]

Cactus Rose... "Hero-ette". [ROTFL][ROTFL][ROTFL]

Prairie Rose...your "couple dimensions" pretty much match ours!

Hast...I agree, the tall ones are very handy to have around for those things on the top...er...middle shelves.