Sign in to follow this  
Mudder

Farmer needs a wife

No, not Wuffy. Did anyone watch that last night? I giggled like crazy. City girls vying to be the chosen one for the farmers wife. [ROTFL] Picking up straw bales (they called them hay bales) in high heels, grinding tractor gears, stalling the tractor. OMG it brought back memories. Minus the high heels. I'm not that stupid. [ROTFL]

I'd like to see more of them actually doing farm labor type work, than bickering over who is real and who is being fake. That would separate the real farmer type women from the wussy girls. Anyone can pick 6 dozen corn cobs. That's not real farm work in my book.

I wanna see them in a field, driving a tractor pulling a cultivator, and taking out half the fence line, working the neighbors field, or take out a few trees at least!! Come on!! That's half the fun of learning to be a farmers wife. What about the real dirty kind of jobs? Like oat and barley dust? Baling and stacking by hand? Grease under your fingernails and no place to wipe it off, if'n you had any nails left that is. I need to see more reality to this show. I bet none of them can even cook a real turkey dinner, or bake a cake! [Wink] And some of them need some lessons on how to apply makeup. [Eek!] A real farmers wife doesn't get gussied up to get dirty. [ROTFL]

Hmm got to find this show. Sounds good for a laugh or two. And you forgot about stepping in a cow pie, cleaning sheaths, branding cows, loading pigs, collecting eggs,and burning brush. [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by doublelhorses:

Hmm got to find this show. Sounds good for a laugh or two. And you forgot about stepping in a cow pie, cleaning sheaths, branding cows, loading pigs, collecting eggs,and burning brush.
[big Grin]

Actually one of them did step in a cow patty...with high heels on! [ROTFL]

They have been showing reruns the last two weeks. I get a kick out of watching it.

I watched the last half hour of it last night. He took one of the girls on a date and they went horseback riding. She has shaking (for lack of better word) the reins to make the horse walk faster. She was wearing the type of shirt you would go out on the town in, it was ridiculous!

I know it makes the show more entertaining when they have the girliest girls they can find, but come on, none of them would last on a farm. I agree that we need to see them do some REAL farm work!

I don't know what channel it was on. [Confused] I watched bits and pieces of it. I was trying to convince Wuffy to watch it, so he could choose a new hired woman to put up with the oat and barley dust, so I could go riding. [big Grin]

I want to see them chase loose pigs in those high heels. [ROTFL] Have a rooster attack em, or a turkey or goose. [ROTFL] How about putting in some fence posts by hand, and then wire it too!! [Eek!] Give some cows some shots, and try to outrun a Black Angus cow when you take her calf. [ROTFL]

I watched it for the first time last night. A customer at work told me it was funny.

I laughed through the whole thing.

Ya think they would find some real country girls for this guy if he really wanted a wife to work on the farm, not a bunch of city girls. I think it would be more interesting if they had some real country girls doing real farm work not the crap that they have these girls do. But then it wouldn't be so funny.

Mudder,

Didn't see the show, but bet it was hilarious, a well trained farm girl, will put many a man to shame. My daughter has been married to a farmer for 14 years, but has never drove a tractor, but can put a cow any place she wants her. PD

Originally posted by Mudder:

quote:

I want to see them chase loose pigs in those high heels.

Actually, I think they did lol.

And you can't forget them showing those poor country moms how city girls dance [Eek!] And they were supposed to be virgins....

Oh there you are Miss Mudder [smiley Wavey]

I bet they don't know how to run snowmen over properly either!

Dang I missed them chasin pigs in heels!! [Frown] I wish I'd watched the whole thing, but I needed to shower, cause I smelled like one of those pigs. [Eek!]

Sorry City-gal. [Huggy] But, somehow, I don't think you'd be classified as pathetic, like these true city girls are. [Wink][big Grin]

It should be called "Who thinks they have what it takes to be a farmers wife?" And really make them learn and do some serious farming work. Sorry city girls but there is very few barn dances to attend and not enough hours in a day to get everything done, when you got multiple kinds of critters "and" cows, "and" haying to do. Throw house work, garden, cooking and lawn mowing into that scene. Oh and lets not forget the 2.2 kids. You of coarse have more time for fun stuff if it was strictly a grain farm. You forget real fast about doing your face every day. Your lucky if you get your hair combed and enough sleep. [Eek!]

quote:

Originally posted by Cactus Rose:

quote:

....I was trying to convince Wuffy to watch it, so he could choose a new hired woman....

-

[ROTFL][Eek!]

Does this mean you want to be his hired woman CR? Cause if so...SOLD!! [bat Eyelashes]