Sign in to follow this  
HoRsEcHiCk12

A dog that leaks?

Not pees leaks waterish stuff. Its not my dog so im not totally sure it isnt pee, but they say it isnt. She will just be lying down and leak out this stuff. Anyone know what it might be? Oh, and she isnt being frightened by anything either

I'd take her to the vet. It could be a normal disharge but I'd have it checked out just to make certain hopefully it's not a long term issue.

The dog needs to go to the vet. I could be a number of things. Off the top of my head, hormones, or an infection. Either way she needs to go to the vet.

Hope this helps

If it's a spayed female it could be urine due to hormonal inbalance. The vet can prescribe hormone pills that will clear it right up. If it's not hormonal inbalance then at least the dog is at the vets and he can figure it out! [Wink]

I have a diabetic dog that started "leaking" just a little while she was napping and just relaxing. My vet put her on a med called Proin 50. He said the muscles have losened up somewhere, I can not remember, and this tightens them up and it does not happen any more. She has been on it for 3 years now and does not leak at all. It is not expensive but a vet needs to see this dog first because it could be a number of things. Proin 50 is on prpescription anyway.

Like people say there are many things it could be. I had a young dog that would leak when she slet or was relaxed. found out she had bad kidneys. had to change her diet to NO protein and had blood work done many times. she was about 14 months when we found out and lived to be 3 yrs.

It's a situation that could be caused by a few different things. Vet check is in order. And most of the time it can be controlled through prescript drugs.

My cattle dog would do that. It's common in older spayed females. Somebody else would have to give you the "medical" particulars.

But it was fine with a daily dose of PROPALIN. Stopped it right away. Had to give it to her the same time everyday. Lasts a good long time. You do have to have the vet prescribe it though.