PaintHorseKate81

A little sumthin sumthin for Jack Baumgartner. . . Part II. . . come join in!

Well. . . I'll admit. . . I'm a tad worried. . . Jack hasn't been in to say howdy since the 17th. I hope all is well! Please come back and let us know you are ok Jack!

G'mornin'. I was down again on Sunday but talked Jerrie and Tracey out of taking me to the hospital. I've been staying at the new place under their care. Funny, I don't feel at home here. I'll just keep on keepin' on.

Hasta whenever [smiley Wavey]

Went to the chemo oncologist's on Wednesday and spoke with the nurse practitioner. She okayed me to continue with my new round of chemo next Monday. Now they are three weeks apart, and will last just twenty minutes. [smiley Wavey]

I'm glad to hear that you are finally feeling better Jack!

I went home for the weekend. It was my sisters' 15 year anniversary. The family threw a big party for her and her husband. . . flew me home so I could be there as well.

Got to sneak away for a couple hours and visit with my horse. . . got a quick ride in on him, which was very nice.

I had some visitors on Tuesday. My kid sister Judy, who lives a few miles away, brought my older sister Mary Lou, who lives in Columbus, Ohio. We had a great visit. Mary Lou doesn't have a computer, so we can't visit on-line.

It's always nice to have a chance to catch up with family, Jack! I'm glad you were able to visit with your sisters!

Well. . . I've got some good news! I just got offered some extra work in the afternoons, right after I finish up with my regular job. . . it will be about an hour and a half every day, grooming and hand grazing a few horses. The barn owner seemed to think the $12/hr I make cleaning stalls at my other job is worth it to have me around for about 10 hours a week! YAY ME!

The extra money will go toward bringing Lando down here FINALLY. Im very excited!

I'll be happy to see Mark sometime soon. I think my wife and daughter were keeping quiet about it so I'd be surprised. Hope it's either tonight or tomorrow.

Kate ~ I miss you too. I haven't been doing much, and I figure me grousing about the way this thing has me feeling gets pretty old after a while. People like to hear good stuff.

[smiley Wavey]

Had an appointment today with my chemo oncologist. He said I was looking good and that Monday will be my last day of chemo. They'll call me to come in some time in July for a PET scan, then I'll meet with him on August 6th to review the results.

Hope we've beaten this thing.

Edited by Jack Baumgartner

Yep, today's my last day of chemo. My appetite has come back and I'm not limiting myself to small meals of soft food. Felt good to have roast beef for dinner last evening. I'm slowly working out on an exercise bike every day. Our daughter's going to bring her treadmill for me to use, so perhaps I'll get some strength back. If I really get back in good shape, maybe I'll teach y'all how to dance the East Texas Stomp or the Missouri Drag-slide.

Jack. . . I'd LOVE to learn them there dances!

I'm glad you're done with the Chemo! Hopefully you recover your vim and vigor quickly!

I'm keeping busy down here in North Carolina. . . and funny thing. . . Reconnected with a gal I graduated high school with. . . We haven't seen each other since graduation. . . ten years ago. She's been living in Charlotte since 2006. . . heard through the grapevine that I'd moved fairly close by, so she got in touch with me! I went to her baby shower last week, and we are hoping to do lunch soon.

This is me and Julianne at her baby shower.

34645_1388021373601_1024059123_30955231_2058148_n.jpg

And wouldn't you know I'd run into somebody from my old congregation back home in Illinois. . . when I'm at a convention in South Carolina! Go figure! Small world, eh? I love Bonnie. . . she's such a sweet lady!

34514_1388023613657_1024059123_30955234_7348609_n.jpg

As I said before. . . been keeping busy. My friend Chris, and I are fully engrossed in our photography business. . . we're focusing on costumed portraits. . . we've got a gig at a restaurant grand opening on Sunday. . . it's pirate themed. . . we'll be set up with a whole bunch of costumes to do portraits for anybody who wishes.

We were messing around and trying to figure out some poses and prop placement the other day and costumed ourselves up for that. . . so a few photos of the Lady Pirates. . .

34106_131737810191361_118439934854482_206742_4925323_n.jpg

36028_131736890191453_118439934854482_206741_8284752_n.jpg

34075_1387065789712_1024059123_30953844_7809922_n.jpg

Well. . . for the moment, that's all I have to share. I hope everything keeps going well for you Jack!

No need to be skeer'd Jack! I think we'd rather recruit you for our crew than cause you harm! We likes ya!

BUT. . . the look on my face in the following photo is definitely a 'gonna cut you' look though! lol (dont worry Jack. . . I'm NOT gonna cut you!)

34006_132892866742522_118439934854482_212045_2711908_n.jpg

This shot is from Chris' and my first 'professional' portrait gig. . . We set up at a pirate themed restaurant for 'pirate portraits'. . . most of our customers were the actual employees. . . but it was a slow night. . . We will be going back probably once a month, and the owner will be advertising for us. . . really hope it works out!

Well. . . it's hotter than Hades here in Nawth Carolina. . .

So my pal Chris and I are taking our dogs to the river to splash around! If we get any good photos, I'll make sure to swing by and post them for you Jack!