PaintHorseKate81

A little sumthin sumthin for Jack Baumgartner. . . Part II. . . come join in!

Found this way over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> on oage 6. I've finished the TexTan saddle and it's a beauty! I started in on a saddle that my "adapted" daughter Angela brought me several years ago, knowing I don't work on other people's saddles. It was her Mother's Circle Y that she used to ride in on their California ranch. She said she wouldn't trust anyone else with the saddle. She's "family" so I'll do it for her.

It needs a good general cleaning and oiling and polishing, a new riggin' catcher on the off side, latigos and new fleece on the skirts. It'll be purdy when it's finished.

Then it will be back to work on saddles of my own. I've got TexTans, Bona Allens, Big Horns, Simcos, Circle Ys and a few lesser-known saddles to choose from. Still have some collectors' saddles around the place.

Hasta whenever :smileywavey:

Hi Jack, not much going on here, just thought I'd relay a message. be watching your PMs.

Your mailbox is full.

Edited by luther

Sorry I've been so long gone! I'm sorry to say Im currently without a computer. No idea when I'll get that situation fixed. Until then, I have to settle for a few stolen moments on friends computers.

Hope all is well with y'all.

Hi Jack, not much going on here, just thought I'd relay a message. be watching your PMs.

Your mailbox is full.

Sorry about that, but I'm not even sure how to access my PM box any more since they changed the system. I'll try to get after it.

Thanks for the "heads up."

To get your PMs scroll to the top of the page. In the right-hand corner is a blue box with your name and a number. Click on the arrow next to the number. You will get a drop-down saying "_________ has started/replied to a personal conversation". Click on personal conversation.

It's still full.

Edited by luther

I saw all that bullroar. People okaying my request to be friends when I made no such request. I wish they would go back to the old way. I don't understand how my box can be full when just a few people have "okayed" my request to be fiends. And what happened to messages I'd saved under the old way? Could it be that HC wants to be like Facebook (I don't speak that language either)?

Sunday we went for a ride around town and I finally got to use the Schoelkopf. It still needs some more oil and I need to go get a new latigo (I stole the black nylon one off the pony saddle for now) and a new flank cinch.

We've been working with the new little buckskin we bought back in March. He should make an awesome little rope horse. He's by an own son of Two Eyed Red Buck and out of a good heel horse that's a grandaughter of Mr. Winchester Bar. We bought him cheap because he was still real shaggy and was small for a yearling (looked more like a weanling).

You should have been with me on Wednesday. I spent the day at Weaver Leather in Mt.Hope, Ohio. Got there at 8:30 AM and the yearly leather and related items consignment auction began at 9:00 AM. All I bought in the bigtop tent was a side of leather, but in the warehouse I bought nearly $300.00 worth of stuff - four gallons of pure neatsfoot oil, two gallons of U-82 Top Grade Saddlers oil, two dozen 72" latigo saddle strings, a dozen 40" chrome-tanned strings and some various Blevins buckles. The prices were higher than the last time I was there in 2001. Neatsfoot oil was $13.50 a gallon wholesale and U-82 Saddlers oil was $15.50 a gallon.

I'd rather go to Weaver's warehouse than go to Disney World or the Bahamas. They always treat their customers well. For paying with cash I got a 5% discount in the warehouse. Pin a rose on me!

Okay, I cleaned out my inbox a little bit. I'll have to go back there and clear out some other extraneous stuff.But I'm kind of sure I made some room for anyone who wants to leave a message.

Hasta whenever :smileywavey:

message sent

BTW, did ya know that PHK might be moving? It sounds like a good deal.

Yeah, I saw her notice posted on another board. Sounds like a double-wide mobile home on acreage. Perhaps with minimal rent. Hope she gets it. It's more of a take care of the place while the owners are out of town for a year or so kind of deal. Watch over the property and tend to the barn cats.

Jimmineycrickets! This was way over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> on page 7!! I almost had to get a passport to go there! I showed them my bullshipper's card and they let me through.

Well, Kate, have you moved yet? We're waiting with bated breath for word from you.

I'm almost finished refurbishing Angela's saddle, the Circle Y that was her mother's. I just have to stitch the new fleece to the skirts and re-assemble everything, then put Twist'n'Wraps on the stirrup leathers, to put the stirrups in the riding position.

hasta whenever :smileywavey:

Where O where is our dear Kate? I found this way back on page 11. Hope she's okay and got moved with no problems.

I wanted to brag about the good deals I got at the dealers' tack and equipment auction. I bought six cases (72 jars) of Black Rock Leather'n'Rich leather dressing. It cost me $4.00 a jar, but it was worth it. I use a lot of that stuff on saddles I refurbish. I probably won't have to buy any more for the rest of my life! I also bought one hundred screw-in conchas for saddles for 45 cents each. All told, I spent nearly $500.00 at the sale.

I took along a nice lariat I picked up at a yard sale and gave it to my friend D!ck, whose boys still rope, and also ten roping gloves. I like to do stuff like that for friends.

My back is still giving me a lot of hurt and I'm taking Hydrocodone 5, a generic for Vicodin 5. Trouble is, you can get sleepy while driving when you take that stuff.

Hasta whenever, or when Kate gets back. :confused0024::smileywavey:

Ya know, bumping this is a good idea - but the curse of the 7 snotty stepkids is a bit extreme IMO (even tho I don't know zactly what it is). It sounds horrible enough that I wouldn't wish it on many people. I would on some - but not Kate.

I'll see if I can find her and/or get a message to her to let her know ya miss her.

Be expecting a PM about another subject.

Your PM box is full again. dangit

Edited by luther

The curse is that they have to cohabit with seven snotty orphans.

How did I get step-kids from orphans? Must be a brainfart.

I don't have contact info, but found out that she did move. She doesn't have internet, but does go on Facebook occasionally. You might find her there.

Would you be interested in going on a road trip during labor day weekend? I might be going to a wedding NW of you. It's a lonnngg drive & I could use the company. You know her & I'm sure she'd be tickled if ya made it.

Thanks, but I won't be able to attend the wedding. Yes, it would be a treat to meet the prospective bride. We missed each other last year when she was on her way home to Michigan from Rolex. She drove within a couple of miles to our places.

Oh, and about Facebook? I've had lots of friends ask me to join Facebook, but I'm afraid I don't speak the language. I'm a troglodyte about the use of computers and don't even have a camera, let alone know how to upload pictures. See, I wouldn't even have had a computer, but my daughter gave me her old one back about ten - eleven years ago. I learned very little about how to do things beside jump on the Internet and set up an e-mail account.

Thanks for the offer just the same.

Thought I'd bump this up for ya.

I'm still planning to go to Broo's wedding. It's about a 12 hour drive, so I'll probably leave Fri evening, drive all night & rest Sat. To my understanding, there will be several others there that I've been wanting to meet for some while. This could be the opportunity of a lifetime.

Yeah, it would be a real treat to meet so many BB's, but I've been having some health issues that, if things keep going on as they have been, I'll be lucky to be alive that weekend. No, not really, but it's a real mess.

This thread has been lying dormant since last August but I thought I'd better try to refresh it. Kate originally started it when my wife went on a cruise and would be gone for three weeks. Sort of an attempt to keep me occupied with BB's so I wouldn't have time to get lonesome.

The other day she told me that she, her sister and her brother are going on a cruise that will last over two weeks, beginning in late April. So, perhaps I can get some people to keep me from getting lonesome this time. Everybody's welcome to join in!

I have only lurked for a few years, so though i would just pop in and say ;

howdy