Sign in to follow this  
glitterxo

Exercise is not important..

Snowball, I can respect your position. But this honestly has nothing to do with God. And plenty of people gave "loving scoldings"...further, they gave actual REASONS why it's important rather than just "God loves everyone, blah blah blah".

Since the OP has failed to come back and clarify, we are left to respond to the info she provided in the first post. Sounds to me like a kid whose parent is trying to teach some work ethic rather than pat her on the head and say, "You are a child of God and I love you." Bluk. What it *sounds* like is a parent who in the long run, is doing his kid a big favor. In life, we don't always get to do the fun stuff. You have to WORK FOR IT.

Good grief. When did common sense and responsibility become optional?

but i forgot, i shal predict your answer to my last post....of course we are not miserable, we are not cynical, nor are we cold. you will say this because you live in constant denial, and are blinded to the truth of your own state of being. only those who walk with God are able to see things as the are...and i am not talking about christians.

It's called being a REALIST.

And how dare you call either of them cold.

Do you know ANYTHING about either of them?

Oz...you know anything about OZ? She runs a horse rescue. She works her butt off 24/7/365 taking in horses that have been neglected, abused and forgotten. Or horses that people got and then realized "GEEE! Horses are work!" wow, what a concept.

So you can imagine that for her, it's a real stretch to listen to someone complain about cleaning one stall. This woman runs an entire farm by herself and does amazing good work.

And GSD? Yeah, she calls it like she sees it. But she too is very involved in rescuing animals...pets that people forgot about, abused, dumped. She too is a realist. It's hard work.

The reality is that the people who are most vocal about how "spoiled brattish" this sounds are the ones out there busting their butts daily to have the critters that we have. And we all work, have the same number of hours in a day, and make all sorts of sacrifices.

So it's very difficult to listen to someone who is being GIVEN something wonderful and all she must do in return is CLEAN A FREAKING STALL. And by cleaning, "sifting". Anyone who has ever cleaned a stall knows how hard (or NOT) it is. Give me a break.

Stones, glass houses, etc...before you rail on people like GSD and Ozland, THINK. They are not cold. They are rational and logical and have the biggest hearts out there. Just don't have any room for whiners.

in other words....they put animals before people...they are willing to care for, love understand etc. an animals situation before a persons? that makes them big hearted and wonderful? i have been told too many times to count to quit putting animals before people...and its the truth. I NEVER INTENDED TO "STICK UP FOR" GLITTER, but you have forced me to do so. i merely intended to make the point for you people to not come down so hard on someone where you knew absolutely nothing but what is posted....you assumed a great deal and that never is a good thing!

Sheesh, Girlie, of COURSE I put animals before people! People can care for themselves once they get to be teens, animals CAN'T, and must be cared for! Put THAT in your so-called Christian pipe and smoke it! I raised 2 kids, yes I did! And they were taught to RESPECT not only parents, but animals and other people. And yes, they were taught with love, and a good measure of firmness where needed. Neither my boys, nor my grandchildren would put up with the behavior the OP showed in her first (and only) post on this thread. AND they would be the first to tell you how full of it that crap you are spouting is! If more kids lost priveleges for not tending to their chores, they might actually (GASP!!!) learn some responsibility and become good solid adults, instead of whiners.

WOW [Eek!] . I can not believe I just read 7 pages of this. It started as a whine on cleaning a stall and riding. It goes into having things, other than shavings, in your shavings,(which can happen anytime) then into amount of time spent on cleaning a stall....and for the record, I can clean a stall, groom and tack my horse and be about 25 minutes into a nice ride, in the time it takes the OP to do her stall. Then it went into putting yourself in other shoes, to someone proclaiming to know God, children not getting what they need, and then to slamming OZ and others.

Well, Oz my hat is off to you. I do not know you personally, but I have read about you and have checked out your site and you are a Godsend to abused horses. I keep you and your rescue in my prayers.

Snowball...I think you need to dethaw. If you are a Christian, and you know the Lord, then you would not be responding as you are. You puzzled me on one of your last post about you were not talking about Christians. Honey Christians are the ones who do know God. Also if you own a bible, you should read where even God tells us not to trust man. People are just that, people and sinners. Yes even good ole Christians, like myself, are just sinners till the day we go home to heaven. But you are coming across as something strange.

God created animals just like He created us and all things. So, yes I back Oz and others who support and dedicate their lives to helping animals. Humans can help themselves if they choose to.

Wow like I said, we went from cleaning stalls to some heavy bashing. Take a break folks. Breath. Snowball.....go thaw and Oz here is a hug [Huggy] . By the way Bumper.....I loved the way you broke it down. [smiley Wavey]

quote:

Originally posted by Snowballsgirl:

i truly feel sorry for you oz and gsd....it must be miserable to be so cynical and cold

What happened to judge not, lest you be judged.

[Wink]

All I have to say...is..

I spent all day yesterday in the hospital getting scans and tests run, so I was not able to clean my 8 stalls for 1 night. This is what they looked like. (and I was embaressed at how messy they were) I did still however, after being discharged from the hospital, go out to the farm, and bring them in for feedings.

Dirty (hasn't been cleaned for 1 day because of accident)

-

to

Clean (this morning)

-

Took me about 10 min per stall (slow day) I'm still a bit sore.

~stars

I am only posting becacause I was silly enough to read the whole thread! Snow I must be totaly blind as I dont believe in god. The OP is gone so she must be still cleaning her stall. I dont own a stall only a paddock so I dont have to clean. However if I were lucky enough to own a stall and a paddock Id make darn sure I cleaned it before I did any thing else.

Bumber, you have converted me. You should be a lawyer or something! [Not Worthy]

And, to stars_morab, do you horses go to the bathroom at all! My horse would have gone three times as much by then. Maybe it just seems like that cause he kicks it all over the place? [Confused] And yes his stall is cleaned everyday.

[ 12-03-2006, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Horsediva518 ]

i truly feel sorry for you oz and gsd....it must be miserable to be so cynical and cold

Then it's a good thing none of them, or me, really give a rats rear end what you think, isn't it? [Wink]

but i forgot, i shal predict your answer to my last post....of course we are not miserable, we are not cynical, nor are we cold. you will say this because you live in constant denial, and are blinded to the truth of your own state of being. only those who walk with God are able to see things as the are...and i am not talking about christians.

I have the greatest respect for all religions and for those on this board who are devout Christians. I do NOT however have any respect for someone who pretends to dispense "faith" and "compassion" and yet can then turn around and attack others.

I'm a Pagan. It's Christians like YOU who turned me off of Christianity in the first place. Chew on that for awhile. [Wink]

HTTY & GBTUSA

BUMPER

PS: In condemning the others you did exactly what you accused them of...judging without compassion. yeah, that won the day. [Roll Eyes]

snowballsgirl - have you ever had yourself checked out (in the sense of getting checked IN)? I know it hard to be different [Huggy] but sometimes you gotta step back and realize you aren't quite like everyone else. You're...special. [Duh]

[ 12-03-2006, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: GSDLeaderPup ]

glitter should have more respect for her elders, there's no doubt about that. But I think she's gotten the idea that her horse's health and well-being comes first, and even if she hasn't, we've certainly tried our best. And this thread has been about seven pages longer than it ever needed to be, so I'll go ahead and let Dr. Phil put his word in...

-

I promise my penmanship is much, much better in real life. [Razz]

Wow Jake, that feller can squirt smoke signals outta his ears and make WORDS with them!

[Eek!]

HTTY & GBTUSA

BUMPER

Oh..they are PIGS! I have dirt floors, and they insist on grounding it all into micro bits and nearly impossible to clean out well. Its a pain in the arse! The morning before the incident, it looked nice and clean like the second picture. They're all piggies.

~stars

quote:

Originally posted by Stars_Morab:

Oh..they are PIGS! I have dirt floors, and they insist on grounding it all into micro bits and nearly impossible to clean out well. Its a pain in the arse! The morning before the incident, it looked nice and clean like the second picture. They're all piggies.

~stars

Ok, that explains it. My boy just kicks it around in his stall, so it looks like it hasn't been done in weeks. I keep waiting for this thead to end, but i guess im not helping much right now.

Hehe, I have an Arabian mare who, every night, patiently paws all her shavings into a neat pile in the center of her stall, then spends the rest of the night pooping and peeing JUST on that pile! Easy clean-out, I guess, just scrape the center of the stall out, and add a bunch more shavings! Makes me want to keep her in a tie stall!

Oz- What a pill! lol She must cost you a bundle in shavings. lol Might be better off tieing her.

My girls are much easier to clean. They pee in one place, and poop in the others.

My boys just pace and paw, paw and pace, look out the window, turn arounda few more times...

They have to keep an eye on the girls across the aisle from them you know. [Wink]

~stars

As a Christian I have to respond again to this thread. If my kids ever disrespected me like the op did to her father, they wouldn't be sitting down nor would they enjoy any nice things like riding their horse, nope, their butts would be in the sling.

I'm sorry, but if I fail to discipline my kids, I fail as a parent. My young filly only crosses the line into bad behavior if I allow it, If I allow that behavior I end up with a spoiled horse, if I allow it in my children, I end up with a spoiled child.

I'm not afraid to smack my kids on the hinny nor my horses.

Happy Appy- I totally agree with you. I found this girls post laughable . It was childish, disrespectful, and done right sounded as if it came from someone who did not deserve her animal. I currently have 4 of my own, and have 4 borders horses. Which I give the same care to as my own.

Its cold out now, i get to ride maybe once day a week like this. That doesn't mean I would get to slack on cleaning and care, to go ride. If she had stated she had cleaned AFTER she had ridden, there would be no problem.

I can tell you when I was young I was a worker. We had racing qh's growing up. I grew up working hard. We've always done our own hay, except for a few years where family got out of horses, we rented out the field.

Care was always up to us. If we wanted em', we took care of em'. Simple as that.

If you don't take care of it, you don't deserve it.

One time I would not pick up my candyland game. it sat on the floor in the living room for 2 weeks. My mother said if I didn't clean it up, she was goign to throw it in the furnace. (we hada wood burning furnace growing up, yes we had to help dad chop wood to heat the house)

Well. I didn't clean it up, thinking she was bluffing. Well. Mom brought me and my game to the basement, and made me watch her throw it in. No more game.

I didn't take care of it, I didn't deserve it. Stuck with me. Tough love i guess but, I sure learned.

~stars

My kids are so abused, they have to do chores before they get to eat any meal.

Heck, My 12 yr.old daughter does her chores before school(luckily she eats breakfast at school)has Basketball practice, gets home does chores, then eats and does homework, bed and does it all again the next day. Can you imagine the nights when she has games?

The Op had better thank her lucky stars she's not my daughter, there probably wouldn't be a horse for her at my house with that attitude.

Had to think about it...I'm keeping up with 21 horses at present (2 just left), all the feeding and cleaning up after. Last time I actually had a chance to ride one was a bit over a year ago! My, how time flies when you are having fun! [shocked]

i quit, i have a major migraine....and trying to get it thru your heads that I AM NOT DEFENDING GLITTER isnt helping! yes, she was disrespectful. no...i am not going to repeat myself for the third or fourth time! i made a simple statement and you people blew it up all out of proportion! is glitter a spoiled, lazy child? maybe, i dont know, since i dont personally know her. before i was diagnosed with this deteriorating muscle disease, everyone thought i was "just slow, and lazy" thats what they get for assuming things. now i have a disease that will eventually kill me. it never was an issue of being lazy, but i was slow because of the pain in my muscles. we dont know what is in another persons mind and body....that was my point, that is why in the beginning of all this, i said instead of jumping all over her, tell her what she should know about the importance of a clean stall, about respecting her parents, but do it so she will listen. and think about why she may feel the way she does. it doesnt matter how invalid we may think her feeling are....they are very real to her...and should be considered. thats the problem with parents and kids today....or adults and kids....adults think everything should be there way cause they "know best" they are the smarter, "wiser" ones....and with that thought, they never bother to listen to the kids.

oh yes, and as to my statement about not talking about christians....my point was nicely made when someone said this....."this topic really isnt about God anyway" or something like that....here is the difference between a christian and a child of the one true Living God. christians seperate God from their lives...oh, they have a relationship, but not with God, but with their image of Him? how do I know this? when you hear a christian say "oh, i know the bible says this, but Im sure God doesnt mind if...." "or God is a loving God, He wont throw anyone away" or "God has a sense of humour"....none of these statement agree with scripture...therefore these people have "taken the incorruptible God and made Him into an corruptible image" the child of God accepts God just as He says He is, and obeys His laws, including the sabbath (saturday, and no, i am not seventh day)we dont attempt to think Gods thought for Him nor speak for Him, we simply take Him at His word, letting Him teach and guide us.

as to the point....to a christian....there is a time for the world and a time for God....to a child of God....there is only time for God...as the bible tells us, mans whole duty is to please (obey) God. what real purpose to life, to living is there, but to serve God...there is nothing, and EVERYTHING ties into God.

[ 12-03-2006, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: Snowballsgirl ]

quote:

Originally posted by Snowballsgirl:

oh yes, and as to my statement about not talking about christians....my point was nicely made when someone said this....."this topic really isnt about God anyway" or something like that....here is the difference between a christian and a child of the one true Living God. christians seperate God from their lives...oh, they have a relationship, but not with God, but with their image of Him? how do I know this? when you hear a christian say "oh, i know the bible says this, but Im sure God doesnt mind if...." "or God is a loving God, He wont throw anyone away" or "God has a sense of humour"....none of these statement agree with scropture...therefore these people have "taken the incorruptible God and made Him into an corruptible image" the child of God accepts God just as He says He is, and obeys His laws, including the sabbath (saturday, and no, i am not seventh day)we dont attempt to think Gods thought for Him nor speak for Him, we simply take Him at His word, letting Him teach and guide us.

Wait, wait, wait. You're saying Christians aren't children of the One True God?