Sign in to follow this  
PaintHorseKate81

Da Posse Party

OK, I just got home. Sandance, I think Avery is very cute. I love the way he is peaking around the house at you while you were taking the picture.

JCDawn- Poor Zoey did get pretty beat up coming off the trailer, poor girl. But she looks like a good little paint filly. She seems in the pictures to have a pretty decent confirmation. I think you got a pretty good little filly for a good price.

Here are a couple of pictures of my guys

The first one is my mare Magda

-

-

This is Pistol. Magda's colt 10 months old.

No worries about the saddle either. He is not in training yet, I just expose the youngsters to things as they are ready. He will not be "under saddle" until about 2 and 1/2 or so.

-

-

That second picture is from a few months ago when you could see his roan coat. I am anxious for him to shed out his winter coat now and see his new summer coat.

Finally TJ (the red headed step child LOL) 9 months old

-

And all three together

-

Someone really nice did a pencil drawing of this picture and I just love it. [big Grin]

Libby Jean: I agree that I got a nice horse for a very good price. She is my baby. [big Grin] I love Pistol! I have always loved roans. He is definitely a looker! Can't wait to see more of him!

JC Zoey is beautiful! Lucky duck. Are you going to do all the training yourself?

Libby, I LOVE seeing pics of your babies. I didn't realize TJ was that roany! He is gorgeous! Who is his sire? Just curious.

Babs, you are CRAZY for riding in 12 degree weather...although maybe you don't have the 30 mph gusts of wind we have here!

Well, kids I am off to dreamland. Nighty nite! [Wink]

Hi girls. I hate to always be a whiner. I had to go to the dentist again today for the second half of the root canal. I'm not numb anymore and I want to hurt someone. [Mad] They didn't give me any pain meds and so I'm gonna have to take Tylenol.

I can't think of anything soft that sounds palatable. I'm just gonna whine. -

Hey all! I'm gonna change the name of the thread to Da Posse Party. . . just so you all can find it!

OK. . . Sandance. . . Avery is yours, Right? So sweet! what a loveable face!!!

Dawn. . . Zoey is precious! I'm partial to paints myself. . . My big boy is a sorrel overo paint... Did I see your pretty little girl peeking out from under WHITE eyelashes??? That is too cute.

I just wanna hug 'em all!!!

Ok. . . check out the thread on why people don't register their horses. It's in the same forum as this post. . . I laid the smack down. . . very tactfully I think! [big Grin]

Kate, yes Avery is mine, and is very loveable.one time he got his head stuck in the fork of a tree, and did some nerve damage, his top lip was crooked for a week!!and his lower lip now permanantly hangs a bit.now that was a loveable face!poor guy

Patty, feel better soon!i HATE teeth, or dentists

[ 01-30-2007, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: sandance kid ]

quote:

Originally posted by Babalu:

Necey I watched Saw 3 last week too! And I must say, I didn't think it was as scary as the movie Showgirls
[Razz]

OMG "Showgirls" ahahah!!

I need to you come hold da necey's hand during the scary parts!

Those hogs that were sliced, diced and juiced.. Eeeek [Eek!]

I promised Hognads today, as I drove by, I would never let that happen to him [Frown]

I even saluted him [Crazy]

Bodacious drove past, on his way to work on the landscaping, Sunday and he said, "I waved to 'nads for ya.. i know the car behind me thought I was nuts!" [ROTFL]

Bodacious loves his Da Necey and will do just about anything for her [big Grin]

OMG Shaggy was at buckin' practice [Yay] oh man I'd like to get on a slice of that [Cool]

I'm sure he did great!

You could get him a lap top and let him watch clips to get a few ideas for sum new moves

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sCY6pI-_y50

P'Pali ~ There's a 2nd half to a root canal?

Holy Hognads.. i didn't know that!

I hope your sleeping thru the pain right now.. ouchie!

Kit Kat ~ Egad! sounds like it was a 'plosion of the Ex kind!! I confess.. i like all the poppin' Ewwwwww stuff.. ahlsdkfj !!!

Ask Megs she knows.. ahlskdjf !!

Why oh why do I tell all my secrets!! hee hee

One time there was this one boil.. oh, never mind.. i guess I should keep it to myself.

Glad to hear you have a good option if you choose to move Poco.

Lopen ~ C'mon.. you can ride in 30 mph wind.

Think of all the desensitizing you can do with Chy, "IEEE-HA!" ahahhah!

Libby ~ Bodacious stopped all his pushiness & nippiness once he got the snippety doo dah day.

Shhhh.. don't tell him I told you.. he likes his tough guy image ahahh!!

Sounds like it might be "time" for the pluckin' of the 'nads.

JC and Dance Kid have got some purdy hosses.

JC ~ the closer to the ground you are the shorter the fall, trust the words of "She Who Canters To Close To The Ground" (that would be me) ahahah!!

PHKate ~ like the name change

20 Ways to Maintain a Healthy Level of Insanity

1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and point a Hair Dryer At Passing Cars. See If They Slow Down.

2. Page Yourself Over The Intercom. Don't Disguise Your Voice.

3. Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something, Ask If They Want Fries with that.

4. Put Your Garbage Can On Your Desk And Label It "In."

5. Put Decaf In The Coffee Maker For 3 Weeks. Once Everyone has Gotten Over Their Caffeine Addictions, Switch to Espresso.

6. In The Memo Field Of All Your Checks, Write "For Smuggling Diamonds"

7. Finish All Your sentences with "In Accordance With The Prophecy."

8. Don t use any punctuation

9. As Often As Possible, Skip Rather Than Walk.

10. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat with a serious face.

11. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is "To Go."

12. Sing Along At The Opera

13. Go To A Poetry Recital And Ask Why The Poems Don't Rhyme

14. Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area And Play tropical Sounds All Day.

15. Five Days In Advance , Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend Their Party Because You're Not In The Mood.

16. Have Your Co-workers Address You By Your Wrestling Name, Rock Bottom.

17. When The Money Comes Out The ATM, Scream "I Won!, I Won!"

18. When Leaving The Zoo, Start Running Towards The Parking lot, Yelling "Run For Your Lives, They're Loose!!"

19. Tell Your Children Over Dinner. "Due To The Economy, We Are Going To Have To Let One Of You Go."

He He He He He

My faves are #4 and # 14

Kit- Grossss.

Sandy Kid-Avery has such a cute blaze. Like someone dribbled paint down his face.

Libby-Time for brain surgery. Do you think TJ will turn gray or do you think it will be bay roan?

JC- Very cute paint, but I'm partial. It is so interesting how the white hair on a black and white paint is longer than the black in the winter. You can tell the difference with your eyes closed. By the way I'm 5'1 also. It makes for a shorter fall.

Necey- Yes actually three visits when it is under a crown. ( Not the one on my head but the one in my mouth) It was so inflamed he wants to make sure he got all the bits out. Yuck.

Thank you everyone for all the nice comments about Zoey. She is my baby! [big Grin]

necey: I watched Saw3 this week too. Very scary! I am completely traumatized now! [Eek!] So creepy and yet entertaining at the same time. Do you think they will come out with a 4th one? [Question]

lopen: Yes I will be doing her training myself. There are a couple of good trainers at my barn that have offered to help so that is always nice to have that option too. So far I have only done groundwork with her. I wanted her to fill out a bit more before getting on her. she has had a saddle on though and didnt even flinch. she is a very laid back horse, a little to much at times. Can tend to be a bit lazy. How are things with Cheyenne going?

Kate: Yes she does have white eyelashes on one side of her face and then black on the other side. I just love how unique paints are. I would love to see pics of your boy.

Patty: So sorry about the dental issues. Those are the worst. [Frown] I have to say I love your palomino. Absolutely gorgeous!

Libby: Hopefully Pistol will stay roan, although I love grays too. [smile]

sandance: Avery is so cute. He looks so huggabble. [big Grin] His color is beautiful!

Hi Everyone!

Wow I have been gone so long you all packed your bags and moved [Frown] .

I am very sorry I have not been able to get on here recently. I have been going through some 'transitions' in my life which seem to take up most of my day. I try to come on here from time to time to somewhat catch up with you, but usually within a minute of getting on I have to run off to do something else [bang Head] .

I will make it all up to you all though [Huggy] . I think I can actually sit down and use the computer now!!!!! [Yay]

It was very nice to come on here and see you all were still around [Huggy] .

I think there are some new people to welcome!

Hi there! Welcome aboard 'Da Posse' [Huggy] . You guys have some BEAUTIFUL horses [Eek!] . Looking forward to seeing more pictures!

I will great you all a little better when I go back through this new thread and make sure I catch up with everyone.

Oh Rhiatta! I've been worried about you. I hope these changes in your life are somewhat good. Are all your critters OK? Is your sister OK? Your don't have to answer me here if you don't want to. I worry about the people I care about. [Huggy]

RHIATTA!!!! We were all worried chica! Like Patty, I hope the transitions in life were good ones. How is da herd and da pups? Is everything okay with Poppy too? Your sis is still doing well right?

Have Rhiatta and Texas built any snowmen yet?

Hi there Patty and Babs [Huggy] . They are good transitions, but with any 'change' comes a few bumps in the road.

The horses and pups are doing great, they are becoming tired of being 'in' all the time.

Rhiatta was acting like a nut this morning. I was trying to halter him to put his blanket on(the temperature dropped suddenly), and he was running from me squealing and kicking out. Talk about frisky. He has really filled out.....or I have been over feeding [Crazy]

BUT....I do have some new Rhiatta pictures that I took last week...of course I need to take them off my camera and download them [Crazy] .

Mandy is doing great, and she is the 'proud new momma' of Texas. The two of them get along pretty well.

Texas is just wonderful. He is very easy to work with, and does not 'run and squeal' when you bring out his halter [ROTFL]

My trainer thinks he is 'abnormal' because he is so quiet, and he rather be with humans then his horse friends(he will leave them in a heartbeat if you walk out). I just call him special [Wink] . She was telling me the other day that she thinks he is extremely 'upright' to the point of almost knuckling over. I keep looking at his feet thinking, 'okay he IS more upright, but he definitely has an angle'. So I don't know why she thinks he is to the point of knuckling over [Confused] ...oh well, I like Texas no matter what. I decided even if he grows up being one of the most terribly conformed horses it wouldn't matter. His temperament is what I really wanted. He is a big ol' puppy dog.

My sister is doing wonderful. I couldn't be happier for her, and I am still very proud of her. She has held up with her personal transitions so well [Huggy] .

I am looking forward to catching up with you all!

Oh and wonderful me forgot to mention about Poppy! [Duh] She is doing great(or so I am told). She is holding her weight well, and is 'in the crowd'. The new owner sold many of her horses because it was difficult caring for all of them due to the weather. Which I understand, seeing that I had three days worth of Hay two days ago. But thankfully my normal hay guy was able to deliver 30 bales yesterday until he is able to get more. They are planning on using Poppy for 4-H next year. So that is very exciting. Sounds like she is being well taken care of.

Patty - EEEEWWWWWW Dentist. No thank you.

Kit - So good to hear that it turned out to be a grossssssss ingrown hair and not something really bad.

Sandance and JCDawn Thank you for the compliments. Lopen, I am not sure if you meant Pistol being roaned out or if you are asking about TJ with his face markings. At this point TJ is only showing the color in the face, otherwise he is pretty much a bay colorwise. I am anxious to see his summer coat this year and see how he turns out. His older brother, who I suspect he is the daddy as well (another story if anyone wants to know TJ's history)is a dark grey and mom is an appy mustang, so I suspect he will slowly grey out over the years. Pistol on the other hand is a very definate Red roan with no grey in his lines. His sire was a blue roan with heavy Blue Valentine lines.

Necey - Nice to hear that the "surgery" helped to calm Bodacious for you LOL. How are the kidlets doing?

Rhiatta - YEAH, so good to hear from you girl and I am glad that the changes have been good ones. Can't wait to see more Pistol preview (I mean Rhiatta) pictures. How bout some more Tex pics too??

Libby- How is Pistol!? Any plans for him this summer? You have to get that handsome boy out and about!

You are also in luck! I finally got the pictures of Rhiatta uploaded. Brace yourselves for a bunch of repeating Rhiatta pics....he is *cough* a little chubby right now(halter was too large, and was later removed).

oops sorry about the size. I thought I re-sized them smaller then this [Embarrassed]

-

-

-

-

-

And here are some Texas pictures. My 'upright' furball.

-

-

GRRRR I cant check them out till I get home. Now that is a teaser. [Razz]

Pistol and TJ are being ponied around and will get built up for longer trail rides. Maybe even another beach ride if I am still in Cali come summer.

Rhiatta, I missed you and I am so glad you are back! I was so worried about you! Your Boo Boo lip is a BEEFCAKE! Yowzas! Love the pics. And Tex is normal and perfect. His legs look perfect and straight. I wouldn't worry about a thing at all!

JC, that is nice that you are going to do the training and have help. I wish I had more help along the way! I did TONS of ground work with Chy when she was 2 and it helped SO much. Especially since I had her sidepassing on the ground, the transition to saddle was so easy and she picked up side passing really quickly. It definitely helps. Your baby sounds like mine. Real laid back and easy going.

Chy is doing fine but we need to work on lead departures, collection and my confidence! Other than that, she does all the regular, walk, trot canter, sidepassing, backing, good stopping, pivots etc.

Libby, I meant Pistol! He is a doll! I LOVE this silver on him. I kinda miss the baby stage and just worrying about the ground work. They were so much easier then! (and cuter!)

Necey, give NADS a wave for me! WHat a cutie! How is your throat and you kids? By the way YOU gave me your sore throat. I woke up sore this morning!

PPali, I have had a root canal. It came on so fast, the pain sent me to the emergency room at 2 in the morning the night before. THEY gave me pain killers though which made the root canal bearable. Can't imagine going through that two or three times!

Better get back tto the kiddies! [smile]

Rhiatta, Boy howdy Rhiatta has filled out in his chest! And I don't know what your trainer was thinking. Tex has good angle on him. But if you are worried about it ask your ferrier when he comes out to sing to you next time. [Wink]

My friends breeding stock paint was still filling out just last year and he was five.

Libby- Don't you love those good ol' work computers [Wink] . I would like to pony Texas this summer as well, I am also planning on taking him to some shows for the experiance as well. Have you started any kind of round pen work? I am hoping to start this summer. Only for a few minutes(don't want to hurt his joints) but enough where he understands the concept.

Pistol looks so much more mature and built. I keep looking at yearlings and weanlings and thinking that Texas looks a little young.

Lopen- It is great to talk to you again as well [Huggy] . I missed seeing your Chy updates! How is Chy?......probably about 1000 pounds lighter then Rhiatta [Razz] . I think Texas's feet look fine as well. He is somewhat upright, but to me, he doesn't look like he is ready to knuckle-over.

I guess she was telling one of her 'barn friends' about Texas's feet, and they were worried he had the 'growing disease'....I am assuming they were talking about club foot, since club foot is associated with 'growing' and 'upright' feet.....I think they forgot the part that club foot is genetic and both his parents were fine(unless grandsire or granddam had club feet). My farrier thought Texas had great legs....and he would have let me know if he was THAT upright...he definitely enlightened me about Rhiatta's feet when they first met [Wink]

Patty- If Rhiatta keeps filling out like this....I may be scared [Eek!] . I have cut back on his grain, he only gets a cup. The only thing I can think of is the hay. As I have been very generous with it this winter.

He eats well [Wink]

Rhiatta is gorgeous! [big Grin] I just love roans. I was catching up on the 2&3 year old thread on the training board, and remember seeing Rhiatta on there. He is quite the hottie! How is his training going? Texas is a cutie too. [smile]

JC- I just love the pictures you posted of Zoey. She has one of the sweetest faces I think I have come across. I am looking forward to some updated pictures of that beautiful !

Thanks for the compliment on the guys [Huggy] . Roans have definitely grown on me.

Rhiatta's training ended back in December [Wink] . I have not been able to ride him since the Blizzard...which is why he is acting like a nut. I normally make him run in his pen until I let him stop when he is acting like that. But he lost a shoe today, and there is ice in his pen he kept slipping on.

He knows I can't fully get at him right now, and he is taking advantage of the situation [Wink] .

He is going off to training *hopefully* in March for WP. It will be boot camp for him. [Crazy]

Rhiatta, I would listen to the farrier! He knows his stuff. I think Rhiatta is fine being all beefed up for winter. Keeps the warmer! I have been trying to put weight on Chy but she won't gain any. She has round bale, alfalfa and hay at night and grain. [ROTFL] Oh well!

You DID miss out on a couple of Good Chy moments. You know me the drama queen! But I am SURE there will be more!

How ya feelin Ppali?

I am stuck at school cause I have a meeting at 7. Figured I would stay here and...not get work done instead of doing chores at home! Plus my friend and I are going for Mexican. Tengo Hombre!

What is everyone else up to??