Sign in to follow this  
PaintHorseKate81

Da Posse Party

Hey guys!

Had a half day of school today, then went out to eat after, with some friends.

After we ate, they dropped me off a tthe barn where I met up with my mom. It is gorgeous here today! A little warm, but nice breeze, great riding weather! So we saddled up the girls.

I rode Dreamer, who like her usual 20 year old self, is off to the races when we start, but after trotting around the arena once, is just about dead.

First we worked on some bending and flexing. She was a little stiff bending to the left, so I don't know if hse was sore or what. She could have been beaing a brat, but she would have gotten over it and gave a little more to the pressure, but she didn't. SHe is great on her right side, she keeps slack in the rein while turning, but the left she seems to be resting on the bit. I worked a little on that, but not too much in case her neck was sore.

After that we did some trotting. I posted today because of my back, and lets just say Dreamer doesn't have a pleasure trot! lol Its great to post with, but not so much to sit.

Then we trotted over some poles, I need to work on my 2 point! lol Haven't ridden english in forever!

Then I walked and cooled her down, while my little brother got on double. Then since she was such a good girl, she got to eat grass while getting brushed down, and I even let her rool in the dusty arena and get all dirty! She was pretty happy! lol.

I didn't canter, we don't really with her. She has a bad cross firing problem, we think it may have been from an old injury when she was 5 or younger(when we didn't own her.) So we really don't even mess with it. The only reason I would want to work on it, would be to show her in english classes(shes too fast for western, we already tried that!) but I just take her in walk trot, so its not a big deal.

Over all, had a good day though. I realized when riding her, how much I miss it! Im surprised I rode as good as I did today, haven't ridden in a long time! But I was proud of both of us, it was a good day and a nice ride!

Its still hard some days going out there. I miss Joey so much, I would give the world to just see him and hug him for like 5 more minutes!! Somedays, Im at peace, knowing he is in a better place, other days Im just all outta whack! And I can't stand the thought of it! Thank God I have Dreamer though, don't know what Id do with out her!

Sorry I didn't get any pics, like I said I pretty much came from school, and didn't think to bring my camera this morning. Ill be sure to get some this weekend though! [big Grin]

Got our first home varsity game tonight, should be fun, Im pretty tired though! But YAY [Yay] I was ganna curl my hair, but now Im like w/e! LOL

Talk to ya later! [smiley Wavey]

Stars, I didn't READ the Stallion post but here is my take on "confirmation not changing" and I somewhat agree with this.

A horse being "butt high" is a matter of bone growth. The legs are still growing at that point and that can always change. But I think what the poster meant is that the slope of the shoulder, the angle of the hocks, the point where the neck ties into the shoulder, the shortness of a back....all those things aren't really prone to change very much. You CAN however achieve muscle development in areas that will MAKE a horse look a little different. But as a youngster, you should be able to tell if they are confirmationally sound or not...you don't have to wait until they are full grown and fully developed to know if...comfirmationally, they will be an athlete, a jumper, a reiner etc.

That is just my take on it. I think it is good to get critiques from others and try to see what they see. I think when they are our own, it is hard to see or WANT to see flaws. But that is something we need to deal with as responsible horse owners so we don't push our horses in a direction they physically can't maintain. My horse is very downhill. THis makes it hard to get light on her front end and get her butt under her. I've dealt with that cause I really don't want to push her too hard to a point where she is resentful of our training.

Anyways, that is just my opinion. I'm not saying Thor baby ugly! I love him! I think he is one purdy little guy and I agree that he will change A LOT as he grows. But the strightness of his legs won't change. The angle of his shoulder will stay the same. Where his neck ties into his shoulder will stay the same....etc. WHich is fine cause I think he is fine in all those areas. Sounds like a case of someone opening their big mouth and THINKING they know it all when they really know NOTHING!

Phew.....sorry for being wordy guys! [Duh] I'm gonna head home and ride...or chill out for a bit THEN ride! Be back in a bit! [Wink]

WOW! Quiet around here. I am sure I killed the thread with my babbling. Hope everyone had a good day!

Morgan called me back and said he is riding Monday so I am supposed to head out there around 1. I kinda want to take Buddy AND Chy but when he is around, she is a dufus and will call to him a lot of the time. I want her to be able to concentrate, especially around the cows. I don't know what to do. I know Morgan probably wouldn't mind but...what should I do guys???

Tomorrow I am gonna ride Chy to the neighbors arena. It's been a while since we did that and I am looking forward to it....ahhh....nice flat ground! I don't care if there's rocks. I don't care if there's weeds...as long as the ground is flat!

What's everyone else up to? Good Friday today? [big Grin]

ERG DANGIT [bang Head] You know how I said I have a varsity game tonight in my earlier post, well I was taking a shower, cuz I was at the barn, but I wasnt gannna get my hair wet since I already washed it this morning and Im going to get sweaty again anyways.

Well i forgot, and got in the shower and got my hair wet and so now I have to dry my hair, get my stuff ready, get my uniform on, do my hair, do makeup yadda yadda...in like alittle bit of time!

Gatta go guys! TTYL!

Liz. . . my reaction is to TAKE BUDDY! Chy needs to learn to concentrate no matter WHAT the circumstances. . . it seems that she's already getting a good idea of what her job is on the cows, and also she ENJOYS that job. . . SO. . . a little extra challenge wouldn't hurt! Besides. . . even if it isn't your BEST ride. . . you will learn from it!

OK. . . MY TURN to rant a little bit!

SO. . . I go to the Farm and Fleet after work today so I can get some Neatsfoot Oil for my saddle. But NO! All they have is Neatsfoot COMPOUND. EEERRRRGGGG! [bang Head]

So I figure. . . I'm out, I'll try some of the LARGE home centers, etc. . . Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, Menards. . . see if any of them carry it. Well. . . I'll tell ya. . . I've never gotten so many blank stares in my LIFE! I ask for neatsfoot oil, and the sales people say. . . "WHAT IS THAT?" So you explain it to them. . . and they they get on their walkie talkie. . . {{{mumble mumble. . . neatsfoot oil. . . no. . . never heard of it. . . mumble mumble. . . }}} I'm sorry we don't carry that. [Mad]

I've decided that I NEED to open a saddle supply store here in Dekalb or the surrounding area! There is absolutely NOTHING even remotely useful for even the barest necessityies! AAARRRGGHHH!!! I can't even get a flippin english girth extender anywhere! HAVE TO ORDER IT! I HATE S&H charges!

[bang Head][bang Head][bang Head][Crazy]

Kate, I'm thinking you're right and I should take him....grrr....I just don't get to work with Morgan very often and don't want to "waste my time"....Oooohhhh...crap. I just thought of something. He said he ahs nothing for me to ride now cause the three I rode went home. So I guess that means I have to pay for lessons if there is nothing to ride. So if I take Buddy, will I have to pay more??? Oh geezzzz....hmmmm.

[surrender]

kate, that is frustrating when you can't find what you need. We are lucky, we have a HUGE tack shop and clothing store that is the cheapest around on most stuff in Lincoln. We also have a consignment place in Lincoln that carries new stuff too. Omaha has a tack shop and there is one on the WAY to Omaha. And about every other decent sized town throughout Nebraksa has one! SO I can't empathize, but I sure can sympathize! I hope you find what you need. If you want me to buy something for you and mail it, let me know....not sure that will be any cheaper than the shipping and handling but....

********For all of you that have had your post deleted while you are typing it....hit Control (Ctrl), hold it down, and then hit Z. Brings it right back. Stars I think it was you that had trouble with that today! Thought I would hsare the joy!**************** [big Grin]

EH. . . If all else fails. . . Country Supply has a 16oz container for $3 and change . . . after S&H it'll probably be more like $6. . . I'm sure I can afford that. [Wink]

EEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGG! [Mad][bang Head]

The SMALL size of Neatsfoot oil on Country supply is SOLD OUT! if I go up to the next size, I will be paying almost $17 with shipping and handling! OUTRAGEOUS! [Mad][bang Head]

KATE!!! I know I'm slow but I just watched your video. I noticed Lando doing EXACTLY what Buddy does. Buddy KNOWS how to give vertically but since he is so out of practice, like to really root his nose out at a stop.

I noticed that when you stop Lando...he doesn't so much as root his nose out...like in a rude way. But his head goes up. Then as you start to back him into the rollback, he DOES tuck his head down. Keep an eye out for that and give him TOTAL release! i would just work on it while backing as opposed to a roll back but he IS searching for that relase. When you back him, back him slow, not aggressively. Keep backing until you get that head tuck...it might start out as an accidental "bob" but he will start to realize "everytime I tuck my head, she gets completely out of my mouth and I don't have to back anymore!"

I have been working on this with Buddy. He will trot and lope around with a nice headset but when I say whoa, he SLAMS his nose out there. He is starting to learn that I am prepared for that and he hits that bit pretty hard and I don't let go until he tucks his head. Getting better litle by little.

I'm sure you have already picked up on this but thought I would let you know what I saw. Plus I couldn't really see what your hands were doing so didn't know if you were doing that or not!

[Wink] other than that though, his lope looks nice and not as crazy as you make it sound sometimes! Looked real smooth and not too fast! Get that nose and you will be ready to show! [Yay]

Where IS everyone tonight?! [big Grin]

Hey everyone! I had a totally awesome day at school, but the post would be rather long. So my question is...would anyone like to read the juicy JAMIE details from today???

Uh....SHIAAAAH. Silly girl. When are you gonna figure out that we all want to hear what everyone does around here! i mean...all the good juicy gossip? Who wouldn't wanna hear it! We love reliving our youths through you!!!!

That and no one else is around so it will give me something to do! [big Grin]

haha okay, Lopen! I'm going to skip explaining my classes and go straight to talking about my adorable Jamiebear. hahahaha

I didn't see Jamie til...4th period, I believe. Yeah, English. I just spotted him out the door, no big deal. Then we went to lunch and I talked with Josh, James, Matt, and Frankie. They are my buddies. ♥ Then I looked out the window and saw JAMIE. But he was going into the gym, so I didn't think I'd see him again.

Then after lunch, Mrs. England said we could have recess!!! Yay!!! Just then, Jamie came outside with some of his class. I talked to Josh for a little while and then went and swung on the swings with Alexis, Jamie, and Courtney. I talked to Jamie a little, not much. Just chatting about classes. I was really surprised he talked to me! Oh, and then I overheard him talking to Courtney. She asks "What do you think of Maddie and Alexis?" and Jamie goes "Well, I'm not so sure about Alexis, but Madison is really pretty and she's fun to talk to." I was like WHA?! haha I was very pleasently surprised.

Then after school, I went and talked to my friend Jared for a few minutes til Regina came. I was watching Jamie while he was talking on his cell, and then when Regina came out, we went over there to walk to the car. So Jamie goes "Hold on," to the person he was talking to and I was like "Bye Jamie! See you Tuesday!" and he said, "Yeah, bye Maddie! See you then." AND WINKED AT ME. OH MY GOSH. I ABOUT DIED.

So yes, I had a terribly amazingly awesome day. ♥

I'm around! Kinda, sorta anyways. I'm at least here, there and everywhere... how's that?!

[Crazy]

Don't have time to catch up on all the posts yet, but just wanted to say that YES OF COURSE we want to hear all about your day LE!!!

OF COURSE!! [big Grin][Huggy]

OoooOooooOOOOooooooo!!!! You be seeing stars from now on everywhere you walk LE!! [bat Eyelashes]

Glad that things are going smoothly with CUTE BOY!!! Good luck! [Wink]

sounds like a GREAT day! MAN there are just too many highs and lows for me in that scene anymore! Nice to know how he feels about you though! You gotta learn to talk to the boy! Cause if you can't talk to him, he'll get bored and then you got nuttin! Something other than school. What are his interests? Hopefully once you get to asking him about stuff he likes, he'll start getting curious about you too and that'll get the ball rollin!

AND he winked at you?! My husbadn doesn't even wink at me anymore so enjoy that stuff while you can! [Wink]

I know he's big into motocross...like HUGE into MX. That's basically all he does haha. Other than that, I know he likes to mess around and act like a dork. He laughs at some things he shouldn't, but then again so do I. I have a for instance of those. He likes to play volleyball and shoot hoops every once in a while...I could go on.

haha Aw, that's sad! I do cherish the little things, though. [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by *It's*all*about*the*blues*:

Just letting y'all know that it's me, LE. I got a new account because I was soooo sick of my old screenname. So yep, it's me!

Ok... confuse poor me then, why don't ya!! Me is gonna call you LE Blue... as in "le blue" ....oh that french thingie... pepe le pew....or pu... only... oh whatever. I'm tired and I can't think!

I'm tired and I'm sad and I'm excited all at the same time! Which makes one.... [Crazy]

Oops! Almost forgot...

WE [Yay] LCO [Yay] ME TO [Yay] HC [Yay] LE Blue!!!!! [Yay]

[ROTFL][ROTFL]

Oh my!! I really MUST be tired!! Look at my above post to the all new LE and lookie where all my banana guys are! Smack dab in the middle of WELCOME! Which, done right... looks pretty cool, but NOT like that! Oh well... me is too tired to go and change it... and so I'm not gonna! [big Grin]

I've got just the GREATEST news!!!!!!!!! I'm so EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Yay][Yay][Jump][Yay]

Sorry it's not about Chauncey though... wished it were, but I gotta wait till Tuesday morning... which by the way... please STILL keep her in your thoughts/prayers.... pretty please! [Frown]

But... the exciting *bouncing off the wall a million trillion times* news'll have to wait till morning... it's just gonna have to! Cuz I can't keep mine eyes open, and I gotta find a picture first so I can do this the right way. Hip hip HOORAY!!!!

Off to bed now.... I promise I'll tell ya all about my totally EXCITING news tomorrow!! That is if ya all even care... HA!!! Nighty night!!

OK. . . MADISON. You are just out to confuse us foggies, aren't ya!?!?!?! I like Chauncey's reminder. . . LE Blue. . . I'll stick with that, at least for awhile until I'm used to the new you.

CHAUNCEY! NO FAIR! Get us all excited for you. . . and then BAIL ON US!!! OOOHHH! You are SO gonna get it! (I'm shaking my fist at you in a threatening manner!) [Cool]

WOW MADS! Sounds like a great day!!!

I LOVE when hot guys wink, it makes them even cuter!!!

Do you have any pics of Jamie?!?!?!?!

And ya, you had me confused for a sec, LOL, but I like your new name, and Logan's new name!!!

If you change his again, it should be...Mr Stud Muffin! LOL

Hows he doing?!?!?!

quote:

********For all of you that have had your post deleted while you are typing it....hit Control (Ctrl), hold it down, and then hit Z. Brings it right back. Stars I think it was you that had trouble with that today! Thought I would hsare the joy!****************

Really? I have had this happen so many times and it is so frustrating! [bang Head] I will have to try this next time! Thanks Lopen! [Jump]

quote:

Originally posted by jcdawn23:

quote:

********For all of you that have had your post deleted while you are typing it....hit Control (Ctrl), hold it down, and then hit Z. Brings it right back. Stars I think it was you that had trouble with that today! Thought I would hsare the joy!****************

Really? I have had this happen so many times and it is so frustrating!
[bang Head]
I will have to try this next time! Thanks Lopen!
[Jump]
DITTO!

WOW! it is SSOOO quiet around here! We went to the bar for dinner and then went to grab a couple bales of hay from a neighbor and came home and I check n here and there is only like another....4 posts since my last one?! It's my lucky night!

BUT, while I was browsing through some pics to show Tim, I ran across this.

****STARS***** ...THIS is why I think Thor looks small! This is Chy at 10 MONTHS!!!!! First day I brought her home.

-

Beefcake! THIS is what I am used to seeing around my place! Does this give you a better understanding of the way I think?! LOL! I could see a 15hh 10 yr old and think it was small! [ROTFL]

Nite all! [smiley Wavey]

I've got some wonderful news now that everyone has gone to bed!!! I'm getting another Aussie!! For free!! He is a purebred and he's a blue merle with copper and white trim. He's only 10 months old and house trained. He has a bell that I set up beside the door and he rings it with his nose when he needs to go out. His name is Lloyd and I'm so stoked!!

I don't know what happened in Sammy's past, but he hasn't opened up to my husband, or me verymuch. I wish he would. The kittens are 5 weeks old and soon to be introduced to the outside world in a couple of weeks.

Just wanted to quickly come in here!

Patty- I LOVED the pictures and video of your trail ride! So sorry about the accident [Huggy] . I hope you feel better soon, and I am glad you were not injured more then just a few scratches(it almost looks like a cat got your poor face [Huggy] )!

Wow has your boy become big! [Eek!] . How time flies, he is handsome!

Kate- Lando looks absolutely beautiful! He is such a nice looking guy! The saddle does look like a tiny postage stamp on him [ROTFL] . But I feel it fits him very nicely, and I liked his sweat marks afterwards.

Lopen- Chy was big as a foal wasn't she? Love those thick legs on her!

Dixie- Congrats on the new pup [Yay] ! I also have something to mention to you all. It looks like(plans may change) I will be getting a male collie puppy soon! I am looking at three male pups right now, and if everything works out right...I hope to be picking one up! I have been thinking it over the last few months. With Molly gone, and just my two...I feel it is OK to add a new addition.

I wont be able to get on for the next few weeks as I will be rather busy, hope to check back soon again! [smiley Wavey][Huggy]

[ 09-01-2007, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: Rhiatta1090 ]