Sign in to follow this  
PaintHorseKate81

Da Posse Party

OH, I forgot to mention, when Chy was pullin her log, it must have made a difference having her feel the pull and she must have felt like she was working cause when I said "whoa" she COMPLETELY ignored it! she NEVER completely ignores my whoa so I think she was thinkin about pullin! So cute. I got after her once about it and after that she was good. I also backed her up while pulling the log. She did fine and the second time I left it dallied while backing and the rope was rubbin all over her head and it didn't bother her a bit! I just love her. She was so good.

SO how is it she can REALLY think her way through somethings and be a total over reacting dork about other things???? [Duh]

RT, Touche! MN is really a great state, honest. Even with our mutant mosquitoes (which this year and last I have discovered they are not very resistant to deet anymore....) and our crazy snow storms.

I like it better than earthquakes and hurricanes!

By the wya, nice work. People really are kind of funny when it comes to defining art.

Brenna

Brenna -- You know what a Minnesota Mosquito thinks of Deet? It would make a great breath spray, if it were only a little more zingy.

And thanks to you and Liz, but the real point is for Kate to say to heck with conformity and paint whatever the blue blazes she feels like in whatever way she feels like painting it.

Vive La KatePaint! And go ahead and Paint Horse Kate! [ROTFL]

RT Very nice work. I love the texture study. Even though it is digital it still takes a TON of talent. [big Grin] It's not like your playing around with an etch-a-sketch. [Crazy]

Yeah RT, I got the point of what you were saying. I already try to reiterate that point to my 3rd graders. They ask, "do I do it like this?" I tell them to do it however they want because it is ART! Some people can be so stuffy when it comes to art. [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by Patty'sPali:

RT Very nice work. I love the texture study. Even though it is digital it still takes a TON of talent.
[big Grin]
It's not like your playing around with an etch-a-sketch.
[Crazy]

I suck full-bore with an etch a sketch. LOL.

Lopen -- good for you! Finally an art teacher that teaches the joy is in the exploration, not the pre-determined destination!

Well, it's funny cause these kids don't know what to do without guidance! I try to get them to think deep...use their imagination (which is all but gone with tv and video games these days) eplore a different side of themselves. They are getting better. I am glad I get to teach my own art class so I can do it MY way! [Wink]

Gosh. I'm watching The Bachelor....sheesh. It's a last one. Cryin and lovey dovey. They keep saying "I just want to live happily ever after with him"...well honey... good luck with that! Good looks and money don't make the man! Foo fah. [Wink]

Wow Banditt! Look at all that snow! We are supposed to get some on Wednesday. yuck!

Liz, Im glad you are enjoying you Chy so much!

Patty, How fun trailer shopping! I need to get a truck before I even think about trailer shopping. [Roll Eyes]

RT, Cool pics! I love how colorful they are!

Well today was a long day. I worked my 8 hour day at the daycare then went out and saw Zoey for a bit. She is getting so fuzzy! I worked with her feet today. She stands pretty good for the farrier but Deb said to practice stretching her legs out and placing them forward on the stand. She did pretty good. Tried to pull her back legs away a couple of times but I held on and kept doing it until she was comfortable. It was super WINDY so I didn't stay out there too long. I hate wind! Then I had to go to a staff meeting and now I just finally got home for the first time today.

Morning Posse!

JC, I was wondering where you were last night. You DID have a late night huh? I hope today is better and I hope you get a few days off for Thanksgiving....although in daycare, there aren't many "days off". [Wink]

Well, off to work. TOday is making animals out of clay day. I sure hope I got enough but that stuff is EXPENSIVE! Sheesh. I think I've used about all my school money!

SO glad this is my last day with kids this week. Hope everyone else has a good day! [smiley Wavey]

Morning Posse!

We got MORE snow. Lol. Yea, crazy. Took us three hours to shovel the driveway. So, now we have to shovel it agan. When I said we, and driveway, I ment me and mom. Lol.

Now, mom will have younger brothers shovel it. Haha. I'm kidding. They could shovel the driveway, there old enough, right? tehee

Morning Lopen- Sounded like your ride was, somewhat..amazing, unless I read it wrong. She didn't stop when you sad "Whoa" with the log?

JC- How's Zoey doing?

Hey RT! You are right on with the whole "screw the conventionlists" in the art world! Which is WHY I use my water colors like acrylics and oils... it's fun. . . and different. And all this talk about art has really got me wanting to paint again. . . Ya never know. . . I just might PAINT HORSE. [Crazy][Wink]

RT. . . your work IS impressive. I've never been able to get even the slightest grasp of working on computers. . . The best I can do is crappy little doodles with microsoft PAINT program on my computer. Definately nothing impressive there. The digital world gives you so much versatility and almost limitless possibilities for what you can create. Kudos for getting your work into a nationally recognized venue!

Bandito. . . BBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. . . I am SO NOT READY for snow fall like that! It's only November, for goodness sakes! [big Grin] I'm sure you enjoy shoveling the snow outa the drive way too, dontcha!

Liz. . . I'm glad you are trying to expand your student's minds thru art. A creatively trained mind is much better at problem solving and thinking OUTSIDE the box than one that's only tuned in to the TV and video games.

We used to have this thing in gradeschool. On fridays we would have an "ART LADY" come into class and teach us a lesson about a certain artist, or piece of work, etc. . . then we got to make our own art work based on how we interpreted the lesson. There were a couple different ART LADIES. . . and my mom was one of them. . . needless to say. . . she was very unconventional. The teachers weren't fond of how she taught, or what she focused on. . . but all of us kids loved her most of all! She was fun. . . and she made art fun.

Maybe to help open up your student's minds you could come up with some projects that use unconventional objects to create things they would use in their everyday lives. . . or aske them to find natural elements that they could incorporate into their projects. With the autumn here. . . You could do a class on natural textures. you could show them how to do leaf rubbings, or use dried grasses to give texture to a painting etc. . . leaves and grasses, etc also are great to use in decopage projects.

UUUMMMM. . . I've gone off on a tangent and completely blanked on the rest of what I was going to say. . . SOOOOO

Good morning to everyone!

I've got to go get some work done now!

Ciao [smiley Wavey]

Yea, right Kate. It took us three hours. Me, and my mom. I'm NOT doing it again. ROFL. It's a bit chilly out there. Got to find a day to get out and see Bandito.

Hope your day is fun

Morning posse! Well. I have the camera out in the barn for pictures of brenna! HA TAKE THAT BRENNA! lol I don't forget it today!

Those pictures were beautiful! I am in LOVE with the final fantasy games. The newer ones have a similar look to the pictures you have on there.

I LOVE em'. Well. Its warm today. I do have to agree about those MN mosquitos. persistant little buggers thats for sure! They seem to swarm in the thougsands. Sometimes we have clouds of them following us on the trails at times.

Well I'm off to do some laundry!

~stars

Yeah, Kate I teach my students all the art elements and we do weird stuff. That's why I am known as the cool art teacher! We dump sand in paint and paint with it. We experimented with line by using ANYthing that might paint any kind of line on paper. All sorts of weird stuff. The weirder it is, the more FUN it is. The challenge is making it LOOK good in my plan book so when the principal reads it...she understands WHY we are doing it! [ROTFL]

Today we are using clay to make out shoebox habitat animals. They are SO excited and have bene asking about it all day. I LOVE using clay and have all the tools that we need to learn how to use first. I always tell them if they find soemthing else they could use, to use it. ANYhting can be used as a tool. Should be fun though. AND it will make the afternoon go by fast!

MAN it got chilly out and it is so gloomy. I just wanna go home and curl up under a blanket and watch an old 70's or 80's movie! [big Grin]

Oh goodie! I get to be model for a day! [bat Eyelashes]

Can't wait until 3:40. I love this class, but I am bored (they are testing right now) and cold.

Oh! Funny story. I have taught three lessons so far, two in math and one in reading. Get this, My first math lesson the power went out so I taught in the dark, and today, at my second math lesson, someone pulled the fire alarm right in the middle! [Crazy]

Aparantly someone doesn't want be to me teaching math..... Too bad, it is my favorite!

Only 2 hours and 15 minutes to go!

Brenna

ETA: Lopen, I think I would like the way you teach. It sounds like a ton of fun! You should post the habitats when the kids are finished with them. Just the empty boxes looked so cool!!

[ 11-20-2007, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: pelirrojaloca ]

I was gonna get pics of them making their animals but forgot the camera. Might steal the school camera and take some though quick. They have been asking me NON STOP all day "when are we doing our clay animals?" Over and over and over. They are at music right now and I'm SURE they are having a hard time focusing! Poor things have been DYING for this day!

Brenna, maybe you shouldn't be teaching math! Crazy! I wish my math lesson would get inturrupted more often! I don't like math...even third grade math. We have a SMARTboard though so I find lots of math games and puzzles online that are interactive and can be done as a class. That is what we did today! Plus PILE of thanksgiving pages and we made a turkey table centerpiece. Fun stuff.

I'm still looking forward to getting out of here. Tomorrow we have a meeting in the morning and we are done by noon. YAY! GOnna be SUPER cold so I'm just gona go home and lounge with my snuggly kitties! MAYBE I'll longe my horse if I am feeling up to it! [Confused]

quote:

Originally posted by lopenslow28:

MAN it got chilly out and it is so gloomy. I just wanna go home and curl up under a blanket and watch an old 70's or 80's movie!
[big Grin]

Lizzy's in the mood for the Breakfast Club, or maybe Pretty in Pink! [Crazy]

Oh HECK yeah. Or one of the many John Cusak classics! Stayin Alive or Urban Cowboy! MAn it is getting colder by the second. I pretty sure they high of 55 for the day was at 7 this morning cause it is downright frigid out now! I DON'T WANNA DO CHORES! [Frown]

I've been wanting to watch say anything for quite some time now!!! I'm a huge john cusak fan. I own most of his total filmography.

Well. I'm in a sticky situation. Well lets just say a crappy situation. [Frown] I'm hoping to not have to get into any legal aspects of it with the parties involved. I'm feeling really cruddy lately about it. Why does it seem the barn owner/manager always has to seem like the mean one for trying to protect their business or the best interests of the farm in general? ack.

~stars

Uh oh Stars, what's goin on? Maybe we can give you some advice??? Let me know if I can do anything to help ease your mind! I'll do whatever I can!

Well, meetin some girls for dinner. It may be chilly out but those strawberry Margaritas are callin my name cause I don't have school tomorrow!!!! [Yay]

I took a beautiful picture of Buddy and I 8x10'd it and framed it for EMily. That way, whenever she is having a bad day, i KNWO she will get a smile from looking at it. [Wink]

Stars! What's goin on chicky!?!?!? I understand if you don't wanna get into the sticky details on the boards. . . but if you want you can PM me and I'll do some brain storming. . . see if I can come up with something for ya. . . or even just give ya a listening ear and a shoulder to lean on for a bit! [Huggy]

Liz! Drink a big ol 'Rita for me! Just don't drink it like I drank my last one! hehehe. . . funny story for ya. . . might have told it before. . . I was out with some girl friends for a bachelorette party. . . we were drinking Rasberry 'Ritas. Well. . . these girls can really put away the tequila. . . and I decided to catch up with them. They were starting #3. . . I was JUST starting #2. And so I downed it. . . in about 10 seconds. OOOHHH WEEEEE! Did I get DIZZY right quick!

Anyways. . . back on track here. Liz. . . that's a sweet thing you did for your friend Emily. I'm sure it will help her alot on those down days! [big Grin]

Here is the pic I framed for her. It was a good one of Buddy. She loved it.

-

Quiet around here isn't it? Strange. Well, I am staying warm and snuggling with Spottie right now. I'm here is anyone want's to chat! Clinton comes on in about 40 minutes and Chris Cox comes on too. He has been doing a series on working with a warmblood that has taken to rearing and bucking in the arena while working. This is a top of the line warmblood that is a grand prix horse and a dressage horse. He makes Chris look like one of the munchkins from munchkin land but....it will be neat to see how he progresses. [Wink]

Hey everyone!! [smiley Wavey]

Ya'll ready for Thanksgiving? I just got back from the grocery store and boy was it busy!! Everyone buying their last minute turkeys! And Liz the only day I get off is Thanksgiving Day and I don't even get it as a paid holiday since I only work there 6 hours a day instead of 8! [Mad] I personally think thats a load of crap but whatever thats child care for ya.

It is pretty darn cold here tonight too. Funny how it can be 75 degrees one day in CO and snowing the next. The snow is supposed to start around midnight and we are going to get around 6 inches. Yuck!!

No Fair!!! I want to watch Chris Cox!! I really need to figure a way to get RFD tv!!

What a great pic of Buddy! It shows off his personality! I love it! I bet Emily loves it too!

That stinks about thanksgiving JC. We are going to Omaha to hang with Tim's side and then this weekend, Tim's dad's friend is going to be in town from Canada and HE is a RIOT so I can't wAIT to see him. I guess one day they are coming down HERE to eat. Crazy. SO it will be a fun weekend. Not much rest but what's new.

JC I can't believe you're getting 6 inches! CRAZY! We are supposed to get a dusting I think but that's it....IF we get any. Still mach 4 winds and 30 here tomorrow...ewww.... [Wink]

I wish there were some way for me to record it! I have no VCR tapes here that are blank and our VCR isn't even hooked up cause we never use it anymore! i wonder if you can go on www.rfdtv.com or whatever the website is and see if they can send out past episodes or not....or watch them online. Hhhmmm...I'll have to surf around. Sometiems youtube has parts of shows. I know it has parts of Clintons clinics and shows so ya never know! [Confused]