Sign in to follow this  
PaintHorseKate81

Da Posse Party

Necey, Dang girlie your sick again? We're going to find you under a mountain of snotty puffs in the spring. You better get this all out of your system before your trip. You wouldn't want to get on a plain with a head full.

My feet were doing good, great really. So I pushed it and didn't slip my shoes on to go to the b-room in the middle of the night. Well, this evening they are tender again. So I don't think I'll be doing that again.

quote:

Originally posted by jcdawn23:

Good cooking tips Liz! I'll have to remember the one about the brownies.
[big Grin]

How long have you lived near Lincoln? Were you there when that Tornado hit that little town of Hallam? Wiped the whole town out. I had friends that lived in Hallam at the time. They had about 25 horses. Ended up having to put I think 3 of them down. Found their stud 25 miles away.
[Eek!]
And another one was in a tree. So sad.

?

He, he...My address is Hallam! but we didn't start building on our land until the year after. We are about 5 miles away from Hallam. I went to UNL so I have lived here since 97. Good ole Nebraska. I wwould gladly move someplace warmer! [big Grin]

Ya'll have been a bunch of chatty girls...

Neceynads - Those golf carts are outrageous! And as far as the heely goes...how do you and the boys do it? I would surely bust my arse, but not you...you are a diva that heelys in da grocery store! Tell Bodacious "Thanks!"

Lopen - Check out that hair! I think that is actually what my legs are starting to look like...don't tell Necey, but it was me in that store bathrooom [Crazy]

JC - Is Zoey's white hair longer than the dark hair? My appy almost gets a 3-D look about her b/c of that happening. So you're a nanny for twins...how old are they? Do you keep your sanity? How long have you been doing it? Oh so many questions...

Patty - Foot, teeth...dang girl! You need a vacation...C'mon lets all get on that cruise with the Campbellini's!

Rhiatta - I just love the expressions on ol' Boo Boo Lip's face. He's has very subtle changes...he's the Tyra Banks of the hoss world!

Sandy - I would've loved to have seen you jump in that tree...I'm sure it was scary as heck when it happened, but good to look back on and laugh now

Kit - Glad to hear that Poco will be moving...is she going to the place that is closer with all the trails?

Kate - [Angel] for you...make sure to get your dose of "Rockstar" before you go in to that interview [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by necey435:

P'Pali & Lopen ~ Spring is coming!

Bella is shedding too.. not like Star and Chy, but still is shedding.

!

NO Necey! CHy hasn't shed a single HAIR yet. That is why I was surprised everyone else's are. BUT I don't blanket either so the cool air hitting her every day tells her...I better keep my coat on! When shedding starts, I KNOW it is almost spring. I will let you guys know when I see that first hair fall!

Can you tell I am trying to get caught up???

Necey...ZICAM! Seriously. Kicks the cold right in the gut and it is gone before you know it!

Kate, GOOD LUCK!!! This one's GOTTA be for you . They will see your gypsy diva-ness and BEG you to join them. Good money too! Uh...more than I make!!!!! I think I outta change professions....Hmmmm. [Wink]

Liz: Thank God you didn't live in Hallam when the tornado hit! Pretty scary stuff living in Nebraska during tornado season. [Eek!]

Kate: Good luck with that job interview. I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Oh and I'll take the recipe for that Stay Healthy Concoction. I'm into all that natural herbal stuff. It really does work! [Wink]

Necey: Sorry to hear your sick. [Frown] Thats no fun. Where did you find all those cute sick little smilies? I love em! I guess Nebraska is good for some things like zoos and they have tons of awesome parks in Lincoln! [Wink] Yeah, I will be careful with that little booger. He has such a bad attitude. I have tried body language and voice but that seems to just rile him up even more. I just want to get my baby out and give her some dinner! [Me Cry] I will definitely get my longe whip out. Just gotta find it now...

Babalu: Yes her white hair is longer then her black hair. I have never had a horse with this much white it, so I was really suprised to see how long her hair grew. She looks like an old man with a long white beard. [Razz] I will have to get pictures this next week. I wonder why white hair grows longer? [Question] Yes I am a nanny for the two cutest little girls. They are fraternal twins who look nothing alike. They are now 18 months. I have been there for a little over a year. I started Jan 1 of last year, when they were 5 months old. It a very fun and yet challenging job. Long hours, and while I love the actual job part of it, I hate being a live-in. I am so ready to have my own place again, where I can really leave work.

Patty: No nachos for you last night either huh? Poor us. [Frown] Reminds me, I really need to get some grocery shopping done. I hate grocery shopping. Oh and I guess I'm a little behind here but what happened to your poor foot? Hope it feels better soon!

JC- I believe it is the fact that the white hair doesn't absorb the UV light the same way the dark hair does. You will notice in the summer after a bath that the black dries a lot quicker than the white.

My foot is a long story. I'll try and make it short. I went through a very painful year last year with shots, casts and trying lots of different things. I didn't get to ride for most of the summer. It came down to the fact that I have structural issues that when I put bare feet on the floor without support I pull tendons. I have a conformational fault. So I'm just going to always have my shoes on so I don't hurt.

I have made a decision though. I'm not going t complain anymore! I'm tired of sounding like a whiner. So you will not hear it from me! [smiley Wavey]

Patty, you like a pony that needs to have shoes on all the time. That kind stinks cause sometimes it just feels good NOT having shoes on. But I suppose it would be good for me cause my feet are always so dang cold!

SO we had lunch at noon and away from the kids. Now the parents are watching our classes while we do whatever we want. I would prefer to take a nap but i did get all of next week planned so now I am taking my brain break. Not much else is new. It is so quiet in here, I don't know what to do with all of my own thoughts floating around. AMAZING!

Anyone out there??? [smiley Wavey]

Hi girlie.

I have finally figured out how to tie Star in the barn isle way. She is a pull back horse so I will never put her in cross ties. But tying her to the side of the isle gets in the way of people going past. So we decided to clip the two cross ties in together in the middle and then thread the lead rope through the clip. She can pull back and the rope slips through the clip. I just hold onto the end of the rope so I can pull the slack up. I have the tie rings but I don't want to hang them up every time. Very clever if I do say so myself. [Wink]

I know, random thought. [Confused]

WOW! Congrats. Chy used to pull back quite a bit. Not as much anymore thankfully but I still try to always tie her to something solid.

I bet she will eventually learn not to, the way you have described. It sounds like one of those tie rings. Man, I am getting bored! Not used to so much quiet time. Glad you got something accomplished today Patty! [smiley Wavey]

Hey girlies!

Neceynads, you look so sleepy! Aw. If I were there I would wait on you hand and foot so you wouldn't have to move from that couch of yours! I would call the tropicana twister company and have them send a truckload on over to your house so we could pump YOU up! Then I would get a couple bags of cheetos and I would even make you some rice krispie treats! Poor thing! [Huggy]

SO patty, did you get some good quality time with your Star girl today? How is the shedding process going? How close is the barn where you keep her? I assume very close since you talk about being able to hear them.

Well, the usual evening battle. What to have for supper with a broken oven. Maybe just mac n cheese again [Frown]

I am getting a touch of a headache. Hope it leaves when I go to bed. After letting the horses in tonight, I climbed the rail of Chys (makeshift) stall and lay across her back. She was so warm and just listening to her eat and her smell. I could have slept out there. If I wasn't married, I would ahve a sleeping bag right next to her stall so I could wake up every morning right next to her!

Okay, not every night but at least on the weekends! [Wink]

So, No, I did not have quality time with her. She is now sporting a wormer mustache. [bang Head] I haven't ever had problems with worming her until today. What a poop. I guess I have some work to do. She may have gotten half a dose and the fact it is winter I will do it again in six weeks.

She is just across the street and down a few houses from my house. It's like having her at home but I don't have to do the work. That works for me. [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by sandance kid:

hey i'm a big talker!and am pretty new to HC, and would love....more talkers...

so hello!
[smiley Wavey]

[Yay]

I'm a big talker too! Hi1

So I am so excited that it's Thursday, because 3 of my favorite shows are on. I love The Office, Grey's Anatomy and have started watching Men in Trees. Do any of you watch these shows? I've also been watching American Idol this season. What kind of shows do you all watch?

Hey! I catch Men in trees once in awhile!!! It's pretty darn good! That guy that Anne Heche has a thing for is pretty hunky. . . I love the rugged outdoorsey look! HUBBA HUBBA

Poco will be moving to the work off that fatty butt place. [Cool]

That lump I told ya guys about is nearly gone, just flaking skin left now. aint it great. [Yay]

Hey Al! Welcome to Da Pig Pen [big Grin]

Lopen - Girl you're gonna have to get creative on the stove top aren't you...If I remember correctly, Miss Gypsy Diva has a lot of good recipes...Or start throwing things in the crockpot and have chili or spaghetti & meatballs...

Neceynads - I'm not sure which tan I'm more jealous of yours or Hognads'

Patty - Everything will be fine as long as you get reset every 6-8 weeks [Huggy]

Okay, so shows that I watch...Let me remind everyone that I'm a dork so I watch shows like "How It's Made" or almost anything on Animal Planet, National Geographic, or the Discovery Channel. Also, I love JAG reruns and I faithfully watch all the CSI reruns on Spike along with anything UFC related that they show. Brad and I did actually watch the American Idol show on Wednesday though, but that was the first time we'd ever seen it.

HEY LIBBY JEAN! - Did you see, Book 7 is due out on JULY 21st!!!! Woo hoo!!! So I probabaly will have taken off of work by then and will spend a day or two simmering in the baby pool(like a pot roast!) with my floating glass of lemonade and my HP7 book... [Yay]

Book 7? What book is that? I love books!

I LOVE greys anatomy! Great show. Watched it the very first time and got hooked. Other than that, I watch RFD tv most of the time. But I like all that national geographic stuff. I will be watching a show about lions or something and tim will say "what the heck are you watching?" THEN he gets totally hooked also!

My day is almost over! AND all us teachers aree meeting at the local bar after school! YAY! [Yay]

My dear Liza Jane...Book 7...the final installment of the wonderful Harry Potter series.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows being sold out at bookstores near you on July 21st

I'm such a nerd, I can't wait [Yay][Yay][Yay]

Silly girls. We can't read Harry Potter here at our Catholic school. "Catholics" don't recognize it because we don't believe in witchcraft and sorcery. DO the kids here read it at home?....Heck yeah! We just can't have it at school. Silly.

I never did start reading those. Maybe I otta pick one up and try.

Ugh. i am so glad it is Friday. I have a plan time right now and then one more half hour and I am out of here! It is going to be a high of 15 all weekend but feel like 0 with the wind chill I guess and flurries. I think it will be the perfect weekend to get caught up on laundry and house cleaning...and coming up with new recipes that don't involve an oven. We had speghetti last ngiht that wasn't real great.

My poor Wyatt has a hot spot on his paw in between his toes. He has to wear his cone and I have to treat is twice or more every day which he hates. They take so long to clear up and are painful. He limped the whole first two days I was treating it. He pouts all evening long, just laying around. I don't know why he is so prone to getting those. After giving him a bath I have to blow him dry becasue with his thick winter coat, it holds all that moisture in and he gets those festering bacteria filled wounds. Although we are good at controlling them these days but with the ground wet, it stays in his paws.

Nuff of that. Later all!

Patty- I think you will do great in your corrective shoes [Huggy] . Your conformation fault may even get better because of it.

I know Rhiatta's corrective shoes helped his conformation fault [Wink]

Before

-

After

-

Glad that something may help you though..even though it means shoes 24/7 [Huggy]

JC- I love American Idol...even though I feel bad for some of the people that try out [Wink] .

I am also a BIG 24 fan [Embarrassed] .

Hehe...I can't really get into the Harry Potter books. I read 1-4..and then just stopped, maybe I will give it another try. Everyone talks so good about it.

I just finished reading The Thirteenth Tale: A Novel by Diane Setterfield. It was amazing, she is a new novelist...but wow her descriptions were astonishing.

I started reading Riding Lessons by Sara Gruen yesterday, and I am almost done. It is pretty good. And she definitely knows what it can be like trying to board [ROTFL]

Riatta: Yeah I feel sorry for some of them too. But some of them are so awful you gotta wonder if they aren't just on there to get attention and just to be on TV. [Roll Eyes]

I also am a huge book lover! Barnes and Noble & Borders are two of my favorite stores. Never did get into the Harry Potter books though. Haven't even seen the movies yet.

Liz: Poor Wyatt! What kind of dog is he? I'm assuming he is a dog. [Wink] Is your oven broken? Can you at least cook on your stove?

Lopen you need to visit the frozen dinner section of the grocery store and pick up some of those deals you throw in the skillet for 7-9 minutes. Yeah they are 4-6 bucks, but you've got your veggies, meat, sauce...all frozen into one baggie of tasty goodness.

I got into the HP thing kind of late, but I just love them...there are just so many different underlying themes and little details that mean so much more later on...but books are my way to escape and laugh...that's why I like HP and some other sci-fi ones along with the ol' historical romance (Amanda Quick and Jo Beverly are my favs)

Romance = Mindless reading...you know like watching that show Passions [big Grin]

Rhiatta - Boo Boo's special shoes really helped him! Great work by the singing farrier

Patty - Hopefully, there won't be any kids yet...I'm hopin' I do the whole full term thing instead of early...July is a busy busy month for us and I've got to help out a little bit or mass chaos will ensue [Eek!] Plus with the chitlens around I've got a feeling I won't be able to do much in my spare time but try not to drool all over everything when I sleep [Crazy]

P'Pali ~ Ouchie.. I'm sorry da foot has not been good [Huggy] but am glad you've found that keeping your shoes on protects the tendons.

Star isn't the only one that's been acting up. Wait'll you hear about the happenings in da bridle path & cotton field, from Monday [Duh]

Just what is so scary about this field with NOTHING IN IT!!!

-

-

To make matters worse.. two hosses came walking by and she thru an absolute fit and acted like a complete hoss' @ss"

"OH NO! I'm afraid of what I am.. A HOSS"

This is Bodacious' last weekend of working the landscaping, in the front.

Thank gawd I'll finally get my husband back, for awhile.. then they'll start on the back.

Speaking of the backyard.. i saw bales of hay at the neighbors so I expect new hosses to be across the bridle path this weekend.

HOSSES! OH NO!! THAT MIGHT SCARE BELLA!!!

Of course I'll set up the tripod and camera the first time I ride past them [Crazy]

Lil' Mama ~ That tan was from last summer. Bodacious snapped a pic of me as my usual self.. a lounge lizard.

I'm white as Casper now.. i do believe I shall go to da Bahamas and fetch a tan [Crazy]

Awww.. you need those hairnads on those legs.. it's cold near Squamsterville, gots to keep warm gilrie.. ahhaha!!

Do you know what's on the Discovery Channel this month don't you? "BEYONE DA BULL"

I watched two back to back episodes last night and it was the 2005 World Championship when Justin ride on the side of da bull for half his ride.. "IEEE-HA!"

You know.. bull riding has been in my family for the past 3 yrs now.

Yep, I got my own little riders.. well, only one of the two still does it...

Bull ridin' Campbellini style, with da pillow.. look at that **** naughty dog, he was trying to make da bull buck more [ROTFL]

Actually Mathew (must've been 3yrs old) spanks his own butt for the big bucks.. Ahahahha!!

-

Then this show about notrious outlaw brothers came on.

Their names were Frank and Jesse.

Of course I watched.. them is kin to sumbody I know!

JC ~ Lets see.. I like to watch "Prison Break"

I must admit "Men In Trees" sounds interesting.

Do they ever fall out of them, like coconuts do?

R-1090 ~ Look at Rhiatta's feet.. even I can see a difference.. "hip hip hooray!"

Kit Kat ~ you make me laugh.. glad to hear Poco will have a new home

Off to pick up Chitlens.. it was pajama day today.

Of course I'm still in mine.

I've worn nothing but jammies since Tuesday.

Of course I made quite the fashion statement when I went to feed in them.

My muck boots added just the right touch.

I'll be back to finish up with the rest of you later..

PPatty, well sadly i haven't seen my dear avery boy in about a month.we moved to the city 6 months ago, and the horses got left behind at a boarding stable 2 hours away.last tim i saw him he wasn't shedding though.i think thats bazar(sp?)

Babaloo, yeahthose things are fun to look back on!

and i LOVE greys anatomy.practically the main reason for having a tv.we watch a lot of movies though.