Sign in to follow this  
PaintHorseKate81

Da Posse Party

Hey there everyone.

I saw that the Book 7 is coming out. That is about the same time as the next movie too. I dont know though. As much as I am looking forward to reading the #7. I also have that "It is the last one and then it will be over" thing going on.

I dont really watch that much tv myself, but the SCI FI channel and Animal Planet are my first two destinations when I do get on. And of course there is the Cowboy U. After that I tend to end up watching Trick My Truck, just becuase it is on. I just love what they do for truckers that have had a little run of bad luck or who have given up a lot for their families.

I am expecting alot of shedding pretty soon as we are being told that the weather will climb to the 80s next week and I have seen some minor signs of shedding. I have ruffling under TJs winter coat and looking for what he will do and there are SO many white hairs under there.

Edited because I just have to note that I am a page turner tonight [Razz][Razz]

[ 02-03-2007, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Libby Jean ]

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!! I'm SOOOO frustrated! My manager is already jackin' around with my scheduling. This always happens when you work in retail, and I HATE IT!

So here is the deal. . . when I interviewed for this job w/ Sears, I gave them my availability. . . days, hours, etc, that I COULDN'T work due to my other job, and my church meetings (this is VERY important to me). . . The manager looks it all over and says, "hey no problem. . . we can work around this." So I'm all happy that I have a reasonable manager.

Well. . . I got my schedule for the next two weeks, and what does he do but schedule me for all the times that I told him I WASN'T able to work! [Mad] It's not like I have a severly limited availability or anything. The only day I told him I COULDN'T work was Sundays, due to my religious obligations, and my other job. They pretty much take up the whole day. So what does he do but schedule me for next sunday from 9am to 4pm. . . church is from 9:30am til 11:30am. . . so no way I'm going to make that. . .

I also have religious meetings on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 7pm. And Wednesday nights I have my other job. So what does he do but schedule me to close all those nights that I told him I needed to be off by 6pm. I am available to open the store EVERY DAY except sundays. . . and I can close Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays. . . HE AGREED TO THIS WHEN THEY HIRED ME!!! Do I have a right to be frustrated here??? I think I do.

So I'm going to have a talk with him tomorrow. I'm going to let him know that the situation isn't acceptable to me. He is forcing me to choose between a job and my religious obligations. . . and the fact is. . . the job comes second to me. I expressed to him right up front how important my religious meetings were to me, so it shouldn't be any big shocker to him. I will leave it up to him to decide whether he wants to honor his original statements, or lose a potentially FABULOUS sales person (whom he doesn't know is still searching for a better job). Sorry about the vent, y'all. . . just needed it off of my chest.

That is frustrating. I would wonder if he wrote his notes backwards or something and mixed up the days you cant work with the ones you can. [Confused]

I forget was you interview today??

yep... I didnt know dogs could scream... I mean actually scream not yelp...

My dog screamed this afternoon... Yep. Earlier was barking outside, i got tired of it, claimed the door as mine and he couldnt go near it for a good while.

We let him outside I come and sit down at the computer. next thing you know, you hear a scream. I run outside in my socks, and see my dog and Kyna (other dog) barking at the pool pump. At first i saw a stripped tail, what do I think? "cra.p a coon!" But no it was a cat,a muscley cat at that, a big grey tabby. he was hissing up a storm. Kyna, being the smart husky she is, was using Sirrus as a shield. I chase them off, by going over there in my socks, on the wet ground. They run off since I claimed the area as mine, and mine alone.

The cat stopped hissing and started just growling lowly. My cat Booger came over peeked around and growled too, and they got locked in a stare down, I ended it by grabbing Booger by the scruff of her neck, looking her in the eye and saying 'shoo" and kinda tossed her away, she walked off and sat down, then Boughthrough (other cat) came over kinda curious, at that point I was making Kyna and Sirrus go inside, I poked boughthrough and said "go on now" and she turned and went and sat down.

I went in at that point, made sirrus lay down to check him over, the cat had bitten straight through his eat in one point and made a small puncture on the other end of the ear. Shane got there and I went and got a couple things, tiny scissors, an alcohol swab, doggy antibacterial spray, and napkins. Shane got the lovley task of restraining him. Needless to say i took pictures, once they were clean though they didnt look as bad as they appear in the pictures.

-

-

-

I went to see pan's l;abyrinth tonight, It was certainly NOT what i expected, it was a good movie though and now I know why it was rated "R" and why it said it wouldnt be mistaken for a disney movie.

quote:

Originally posted by Libby Jean:

That is frustrating. I would wonder if he wrote his notes backwards or something and mixed up the days you cant work with the ones you can.
[Confused]

I forget was you interview today??

Interview is NEXT friday... the waiting sucks. If I could get THAT job, I wouldn't have to worry about this crap with scheduling. That job is 8am to 4:30pm, Mon thru Friday.

And he didn't write his notes backwards, b/c I filled out my availability on a written application form. . . he has it to refer to at all times and is just choosing to ignore it. JERK

PKate- that is very odd.

When I worked retail I always put about 10 hours less then I could actually work..because they always seem to add 10 hours more then you asked [Confused] . I thought...okay I can only work 25 hours here, so I will put 15 hours on the application...sure enough, I ended up working the 25 hours I secretly wanted.

I would take your schedule and go talk to him. It could have been a mistake.

That is VERY frustrating though [Huggy] .

Here.....I found this movie quite funny(maybe because I am tired [Wink] ). but it may lighten up your day a little [Huggy]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcDbTYl3i8E...related&search=

Hiiie.

I'm Amanda. This looked like fun, so I decided to join. Plus, I'm stuck at my mom's house and therefore am bored.

This is my boy:

-

This is Angus. He's ten. He's a draft cross. He's pushy and blockheaded, but I love him anyway ^.~ Plus, it's fun to ride a skinny Appy/TB at the barn I work at and then go home to ride this ginormous draft cross. Hee.

xoxo

Amanda

quote:

Originally posted by AngustheCow:

Hiiie.

This is my boy:

-

This is Angus. He's ten. He's a draft cross. He's pushy and blockheaded, but I love him anyway

xoxo

Amanda

Welcome Amanda!

Angus is such a lovely beastie! Draft cross you say??? HHHMMMM. . . can I guess Paint/Perch cross? Gotta love those BROAD backs for comfy sittin. Glad you chose to join our crazy little bunch! Hope you stick around. [big Grin]

KitKat! Your poor puppy's ears! I'm glad it wasn't as bad as the photo's look, but keep a good watch on them anyways. . . cat scratches and bites have a tendancy of getting infected.

I'm glad you are getting Poco moved to a better location for you both. I think you will see her improve 100% (not that you haven't already done a spectacular job with her!) [big Grin]

Kate, I couldn't tell ya - my aunt (whom I live with) got him two or three years ago from a woman in Wrentham, Mass. He's not registered, so there's no way to tell - although, I think your guess is pretty accurate! He's come a long way, and we actually have a pretty nice relationship now. Now that he respects me and I trust him, heh.

Well, seeing as the conversation tends to go all over the place...someone want to help me? My mother owns a German Shepherd that her husband has trained to bite when he wants to play. The dog is extremely skittish and won't let me near him, and as I'm only around every other weekend, it's pretty much impossible for me to do any remedial training. I would take him home with me, but I live with my aunt and uncle, and we already have eight dogs!

Any tips?

Oh, and whoever mentioned the upcoming Harry Potter book -- OMGSOEXCITED. But a little sad. I'm kind of afraid of what's gonna happen!

xoxo

Amanda

Good morning all! You have been busy while I was gone! Let me try to catch up!

Rhiatta Boo Boo Lip's feet look FABULOUS! I was curious as to what they looked like at first. You can see his little tendons pulling. Ouch! I bet he sure loves you for fixin him up!

JC Yes, Wyatt is my dog. oOne of two Austrailian Shepherds. They are my babies. I think I can scrounge up some pics here....hold on..

Here's the Christmas pic...

-

Here's the Wy-man

-

Ramsey after playing a mean game of fetch!

-

AND, the two of them afer a bath.

-

That green grass almost makes me sick!

Kay, i am going to start a new reply so this one isn't SOOO long!

Kay, back at it...

Babs Frozen dinner are a great idea! IF I dont' go to roping practice today i will definitely hit the store for a yummy precooked, prepackaged meal! The stove top does work so I can make some things. Broiler works too. Guess the part we need is back ordered! Sheesh.

NECEY Your story about Balla being scared of the horses reminded me of Chy doing the same thing. The very first time I rode her to the neighbors arena all alone, we were both a mess the whole time. Once we finally got there, someone another enighbor was riding her horse there. My horse was so scared to go into that arena! There was a scary beast in there and she went bazzerk! Dumb A**!

Kate Hope you get your schedule figured out. It might have been a mistake...a dumb one at that but it might have been. And I can't WAIT until your niterview next week. i will be thinkin about you all week! Be sure to let us know right away! (Oh and you have a PM!)

ANgus Your boy is so pretty! I love those big ponies!...but I don't like falling from them! Sounds like you have put some good work into him. Keep us updated on his progress!

Kay, I think I am done now! I am gonna go make some pancakes and put the ponies outside for the day. maybe I can talk Timbob nito taking Chy to the roping practice and just tying her there so she can soak it all in! Not sure I will have much luck but it is worth a try! [Wink]

lopen, thanks! He's a pretty good boy now. We're working on bending and softening so he quits being the Mouth of Steel. Hee.

Your Aussies are BEAUTIFUL. I have eight dogs, but I would GLADLY add in number nine if I could get an Aussie! I think they are adorable and extremely intelligent. Lucky you!

quote:

lopen,

Your Aussies are BEAUTIFUL. I have eight dogs, but I would GLADLY add in number nine if I could get an Aussie! I think they are adorable and extremely intelligent. Lucky you!

Thanks! I love them. They are so extremely smart, they are like little people. You can see them thinking sometimes. I took Wyatts cone off for the morning so he is roughhousing and being a maniac! [Wink]

Our Skye Terrier is currently cone-ified as well (she has a huge hot spot on her butt she won't leave alone), and we only take the cone off when we go out for a hike. She's hilarious! Imagine this hairy hot-dog with big ears and a tail whipping around in circles and bouncing around. It's hilarious.

ooooooooooooooo.....pretty dogs!!i have a border colie, she's startin to age a bit though.and my mom has a pit/heeler/dalmation, and shes deaf, but cuter than heck!

i had a dream about HC last night...it was strange.

[ 02-03-2007, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: sandance kid ]

quote:

Our Skye Terrier is currently cone-ified as well (she has a huge hot spot on her butt she won't leave alone), and we only take the cone off when we go out for a hike. She's hilarious! Imagine this hairy hot-dog with big ears and a tail whipping around in circles and bouncing around. It's hilarious.

Sure it isn't a hot spot??? Is it dry and crusty or oozy, scabby?

Amanda - Hi There! Your boy Angus is very handsome, I LOVE his coloring. What a neat mix as well!

Lopen- Thanks for you compliments on Rhiatta's feet-As well as the rest of you guys [Huggy] -. I am very happy with his feet. Sometimes I look at them, and they almost look normal [Eek!] . What is the weather like your way?

Weather is 7 degrees and sunny. Oh, windy too. Bbrrr.

Timbob is going to roping practice (heated indoor). I always get so bummed when he goes because all I want is to have a normal horse to ride and spend time with my husband and friends. If I don't take my horse, they will all ask why and tell me I shoulda sucked it up and brought her. If I do take her, I won't be able to talk or enjoy my time cause I will be too flustered trying to "ride" my horse. Then they will all urge me to get out there and chase cows and "ride" my horse (if you haven't figured it out yet, all my friends are guys!) I asked Tim if he would take her and just tie her in the arena to get the exposure and he said it wouldn't hurt but it would be best if she were ridden...which I am sure it would be if she were ridden by someone that WASN'T a complete mess!

So I guess instead of goign and riding and being miserable, I will stay home and be miserable. I feel like with my stupid fears, I am letting myself down...and everyone that expects more from me. *sigh*

Edited cause I make way too many typing errors.

[ 02-03-2007, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: lopenslow28 ]

Lopen, I've been thinking about your doggies feet. I've been giving my dogs plain non fat yogurt. It is supposed to help with digestion and any fungal things that are going on. I only give them a good heaping tablespoon in the morning. They love it. Some dogs don't digest dairy very well so keep a look out for that but it may help with his toes. Kind of like with women's yeast infection.

Kate, I'm sorry the new job has become a pain from the start. Lets just have our fingers crossed for the interview.

Rhiatta, His feet are looking fabulous. Is he ever a little ouchy after the ferrier is there?

Necey, Yeah you never know something might come out of nowhere in that big open field. Little bugger. [Roll Eyes]

Welcome to all the new people. I love the draft cross.

Rhiatta - Thanks! He's a good boy, most of the time ^.~

lopen - It is a hot spot ^.~ And a really gross one at that. She's a stubborn little thing and is very frustrated with us because we won't let her chew on it!

I'm sorry, girlie. It sounds like your not having all that fun with your horse. What is she? (Supply pictures, if you can, pur-lease!) I remember when I had fallen off of said Fatboy (also known as Angus ^.~) three times in one month. I was so scared of him, and then when we were riding in my yard (which is a big hill), he starts taking off with me downhill! Now, a big horse who is not balanced galloping down hill...um, disaster waiting to happen! My aunt told me how to deal with it and we fixed it, but it was flipping scary! I remember feeling less than excited to ride because he scared me a little. It's not a fun feeling, especially when all you want to do is ride and have a good time.

xoxo

Amanda

Thanks Amanda,

She really is a great little girl but I have been off a few times (really only a few) but I guess it is enough to bother me. I guess what keeps me mostly from going is people being there that know me and pushing me to do more or thinking I am a complete weenie for not doing anything. I know she is young and far from "broke". I just haven't hardly ridden her all winter due to the cold.

Tim didn't even take her along to tie her in the arena for me. Jerk. Then he says he really wish I were going! Bull. If he really wanted me to go, he would do everything he could to make me feel more comfortable with my horse. He asked if he should take her and I told him I didn't care. I should have told him yes so he wouldn't have to guess I suppose. He is a guy. BUt...if you haevn't guessed, I am now in a foul mood. I vaccuumed the house and all the furniture! Dusting and laundry next. THEN maybe I will go shopping. That might make me feel better. No, not horse shopping!

Here are some pics of the little sweetheart. I am sure everyone else is tired of seeing the same old pics! TOO BAD!

Cheyenne a couple days ago.

-

This summer

-

Us riding this winter

-

quote:

Originally posted by Patty'sPali:

Lopen, I've been thinking about your doggies feet. I've been giving my dogs plain non fat yogurt. It is supposed to help with digestion and any fungal things that are going on. I only give them a good heaping tablespoon in the morning. They love it. Some dogs don't digest dairy very well so keep a look out for that but it may help with his toes. Kind of like with women's yeast infection.

Good idea. I will pick some up at the store next time I go. [Wink]

oh lopen i know how you feel!i want to be a roper SO bad!but my horse gives me a hard time and i give him a hard time back, and its no fun.there should be like a whole get togather for people like this...

Yeah, we need a support group Sandance! Chickens Anonymous...or something like that.

Well, I went to town and got a better snaffle bit. It is a twiste wire one....not small wire but in between a big one and a smaller one. Somehting with a little more "hellooo...remember I am on your back!" to it. We'll see.

Now I will head out to do chores in the FREEZING weather and stare at a horse I CAN'T ride..okay I can but not in this cold.

I promise, I am ALMOST done pouting! My mom called and asked what I was doing today. I told her I was pouting!

Well, I am off! Keep warm thoughts! [Wink]

Lopen - I just read about your dog. I hope he gets better soon [Huggy] .

Patty - When we first started doing the corrective trimming he was 'ouchy' right afterwards.

I still don't ride him for a few days after each trimming(mostly because I feel it is more polite to him), but he is no longer as sensitive.

Kate, check your barn...if you dare! It is another long one. Sorry. I gotta big mouth!

Rhiatta, thanks! I think Wy will be fine. The cone was off for a while today but as soon as I wasn't looking, he was licking his paw...so back on it went. Booger.

Kay, i am REALLY going to clean stalls now! Be back in a bit. [smile]

quote:

Originally posted by lopenslow28:

Kate, check your barn...if you dare! It is another long one. Sorry. I gotta big mouth!

[smile]

Hey Lopen!!! I have a big mouth too!!! HEHEHEHE

Check that barn again!

Hope you didn't get too cold cleaning stalls! BRRRRRRRRRRR