Sign in to follow this  
PaintHorseKate81

Da Posse Party

Hey y'all!

PHEW! 10:30pm rolls around FAST!

Well. . . my day DID get better. . . once I left work. . . [Wink]

Mom and Dad and I watched "National Treasure: Book of Secrets" on pay per view. . . I've seen it already. . . but it was definately worth a second viewing! I really like Nicholas Cage as a modern-day Indiana Jones. . . He's cute in a nerdy, receding hairline sorta way! [Razz]

I just polished off a rather OVERLY cheesy bowl of mac and cheese. . .and now I think I'll go for some cookies and milk. ( I think it's residual stress eating. . . just TRYING to gain back the six pounds I lost! )

Anyways. . . I KNOW I've got some stuff to catch up on. . . I wasn't really able to focus well enough to do that earlier today.

Casey...OMG! You and Paige look fantastic, girl! She seems to be rather unflappable! Gotta love that! And that is SO AWESOME that you have such a great place to use to desensitize your horse. I'd give my left pinky finger for a nice place like that to ride at! (Nice people to RIDE WITH, too!) Thanks for sharing your photos!

Liz So sorry to hear you lost a duck! That sucks real bad! PLEASE. . . tell me it wasn't PIBB!?!?!?

I KNOW I'm missing out on ALOT of what you wrote. . . so I'll have to read back a page or three and see what I'm forgetting. . .

JC HEY YOU! I want POOO in my barn too! I don't care if you just send me a PM with the word "POOOO" in it! But I want some! [Crazy]

You girls and your Bachelorette viewing. . . I never really got into those "un"-reality shows. Not sure why. . . I much prefer America's Next Top Model and Project Runway. . . Have also been watching America's Top Chef. I know. . . I'm a dork. Any Zoey updates???

Bandit Geez. . . that IS a cute filly. . . But I have to give a big ditto to what Liz said. . . Adding yet ANOTHER untrained young horse to your plate of responsibilities right now could really be ALOT to handle. . . and it could very well divide your time between the two young horses to the extent that it's not good for their training progress. I understand that you like the price and the conformation. . . but it kinda makes me go "HHHMMMMM" when the first thing you mention about her is COLOR. Just remember girl. . . You CAN'T RIDE COLOR. And while I know you enjoy the challenge of a 'project horse'. . . Bandit is. . . in all honesty. . . still very much a project horse. . . if you want a second horse to ride. . . it might be money well spent to look for a slightly OLDER horse that's already trained. . . you might spend more initially. . . but you'll save SO MUCH in training expenses, lost time WAITING for the horse to be trained well enough to ride consistently. . . AND you will have a trustworthy mount for friends to ride, right off the bat, while you continue to work with Bandit. [Confused] Just my two cents. . . but it's worth considering. . .

Also. . . RE: the trainer. . . Again. . . DEFINATELY go watch her ride and work with horses who are at the same level as Bandit BEFORE you commit. I know I'm probably sounding like a HUGE "Debbie Downer" right now. . . But I tend to shy away from people who make such huge, bragging statements about their own training abilities. . . I firmly stick to the "I'll believe it when I see it" motto.

Also. . . judging from her email to you. . . it seems she's got the impression that Bandit is well broke and just in need of a refresher. . . You might want to clarify with her that he really IS just a greeny still. . .

Either way. . . whatever you decide. . . good luck girly! ANd I hope you get that driver's license soon! It will make things ALOT easier on ya!

Uh...Courtney, when did you learn how to trim???? [Eek!] Learning to trim a horse takes time working with a professional...I mean, if you want to do a good job and not sore a horse. Dang, I'd be scared to trim my own horses. Maybe rasp some edges but the trimming I leave to the professionals. Yikes! [Confused]

I guess it's your decision but I guess I was looking at it from the stand point that from what I have seen and heard of you and Banditt, he still seems like a project himself. Your thinking of spending money on him to advance him in his training because either you can't do it or you don't have time. SO I guess I'm just confused why you would add another one to that...regardless of how nice she is. [Confused]

Sorry, I may be a total fun hater. Just trying to think realistically. [surrender] You yourself said you don't have a full time job, a car, a cell phone, gas...that's a big list and are kind fo necessities. I'd add up what I would have in necessities first and see if horse fit in there somewhere. That's just me though. I like to be sure I can handle whatever I take on. [Wink]

ONE more thing and then I promise I'm done. You mentioned something about getting a project horse "just to see how far you've come". Honey, the measure of how far you've come is right in front of you. It's in Banditt. When I look at all the things I've done with Chy, I sometimes amaze myself. But ya know what? Doesn't mean it will go the same with another horse. There are things I've taught Chy that I can't seem to get through to Buddy or Rio. All horses are different and it takes an experienced hand to break multiple horses effectively.

I KNOW you want to be a trainer or be real good at training. Heck, we all do. But the young ones aren't the ones taht teach you how to do it. And it isn't FAIR to them to expect them to teach you. It's the older ones that teach us HOW to apply what we are asking. There are times I have felt SO bad for expecting MY young horse to teach me how to teach her. It just isn't fair to experiment on them. If I try to teach Chy something new, even at this point, I run it by my trainer AND do my research on HOW to teach it.

Okay, done babbling, I promise. I'm not trying to pick on you or brig you down. We just worry about ya and want what's best for you and Banditt! [Wink]

Kate, no, it wasn't Pibb! Thank goodness. [big Grin]

[ 07-07-2008, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: lopenslow28 ]

Hey Hey Mith! Welcome back from da Beach!

You seem positively CHIPPER. . . So I would guess that your trip was just fun-filled and exciting! Glad you enjoyed the Lyle concert! I certainly know I would have LOVED to be there with ya! I've always enjoyed his unique sound and fun songs! [smiley Wavey]

Lookin forward to your pics! (We KNOW you took pics for us. . . DIDN'T YOU?!?!? ) [Wink][big Grin]

Geez Liz! Are we just echo-ing each other here???

You're a 'fun-hater'. . . I'm a 'Debbie Downer'. . .

HEHEHEHE. . . We're such boring. . . GROWN UPS! AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! (runs screaming for the hills)

Seriously though. . . Courtney. We're not trying to be haters here. . . I'm speaking from personal experience here when I tell you that you do NOT want to get into financial difficulties so early in life. . . make yourself a budget. . . factor in those things that are NECESSARY. . . have a SAVINGS account . . and once all that is accomodated in your budget. . . see what you have left for the fun extras. If you can REASONABLY afford a second horse. . . then I say go for it. . . but not just affording it in the money sense. . . can you afford it the TIME it requires??? Just think about it long and hard before you go making rash decisions. . .

OK FOLKS!

We knew this day had to come eventually. . .

But I have been kindly asked by our Mods to start a sequel to Da Posse Party. . . apparently we are TOO BIG! The file size for our little thread here is taking up ALOT of memory. . . So I've got us started off on our second installment!

http://forums.horsecity.com/cgi-bin/bb/ult...c&f=30&t=040230

The mods WILL be locking up Installment One. . . but we will keep a link to it in my first post so that we can refer back to it as needed!

See y'all at the new place! [smiley Wavey][big Grin]

Liz, Kate. I understand. You're not bringing me down at all. I was in the horsecity chat room and they looked at her bloodlines. Come to be, looks like she is inbred. Now sure how, but you can go look at her. But I really don't want to get a mentally messed up horse. Lol. So, I'll have to look for another one

Liz, I have a cell phone. I just need a fulltime job to be able to Cover that other stuff...

ok... Do we post on the new board now?

OK folks, this party's gotten so big ya need to move to a more sizeable location. PHKate has found the perfect place right here.....

http://forums.horsecity.com/cgi-bin/bb/ult...c;f=30;t=040230

.....so join the rest of the gang over there and have fun!

Lockin' up now! [smiley Wavey]