Sign in to follow this  
firststringfarms

WHOO HOO! Leading the nation! Cross posted

As of right this very second, my son Chase and his show mare, TS Playtoy (Gomer to us) is LEADING THE NATION in the Novice Non-Pro Bridle Class!!!!!!!!! WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!

Go to http://www2.nrcha.com/2001/Standings2005.asp?Region=National and scroll down to the Novice Non-Pro Bridle Class. They show him as 5th but that's because they didn't add his points together - look further down and he's listed again, you have to add the points together - 56 from the 5th place and 24 from where he is listed further down - total of 80 points!!!! I'll call them tomorrow and have them fix it - again. This happens after every show, they list him a second time with his latest points, I have to call and have them fix him, and then they do it. I hope they can hurry, I'd like to print it out so I can have a copy of his leading the nation at least once! [smile]

For those not familiar with NRCHA events, the Novice Non-Pro Bridle class is for those riders who are non-pro and have not won more then $5,000 in NRCHA events by the first of the year (doesn't matter how much the horse has won, this is based on rider's earnings). Chase is in some really fine company - the woman sitting second is also from FL and is a TOUGH competitor with a top notch horse (futurity winner). Smart Tucker Smoke (3rd place) is the '03 Limited Open Bridle National Champion. The next horse, TF Montalena, has earnings of over $40,000. A few further down is Amy Bailey and her husband Paul Bailey - they were the World Champion and Reserve World Champion respectively at last year's world show.

This is so exciting. It was one thing when he led the nation as a youth, it's a whole different ballgame now that he's showing against the adults. I'm so proud of him. And he's really done it all on his own this year - I sit in the stands and chat with people, he loads his mare, hauls her there to the shows on his own most of the time, I show up in time for dinner Friday nights, then he takes care of her all through the show. And does it all to get back home again.

Sorry, just had to share this phenomenal news!

ps - he's also leading the eastern region. [smile]

As of right this very second, my son Chase and his show mare, TS Playtoy (Gomer to us) is LEADING THE NATION in the Novice Non-Pro Bridle Class!!!!!!!!! WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!

Go to http://www2.nrcha.com/2001/Standings2005.asp?Region=National and scroll down to the Novice Non-Pro Bridle Class. They show him as 5th but that's because they didn't add his points together - look further down and he's listed again, you have to add the points together - 56 from the 5th place and 24 from where he is listed further down - total of 80 points!!!! I'll call them tomorrow and have them fix it - again. This happens after every show, they list him a second time with his latest points, I have to call and have them fix him, and then they do it. I hope they can hurry, I'd like to print it out so I can have a copy of his leading the nation at least once! [smile]

For those not familiar with NRCHA events, the Novice Non-Pro Bridle class is for those riders who are non-pro and have not won more then $5,000 in NRCHA events by the first of the year (doesn't matter how much the horse has won, this is based on rider's earnings). Chase is in some really fine company - the woman sitting second is also from FL and is a TOUGH competitor with a top notch horse (futurity winner). Smart Tucker Smoke (3rd place) is the '03 Limited Open Bridle National Champion. The next horse, TF Montalena, has earnings of over $40,000. A few further down is Amy Bailey and her husband Paul Bailey - they were the World Champion and Reserve World Champion respectively at last year's world show.

This is so exciting. It was one thing when he led the nation as a youth, it's a whole different ballgame now that he's showing against the adults. I'm so proud of him. And he's really done it all on his own this year - I sit in the stands and chat with people, he loads his mare, hauls her there to the shows on his own most of the time, I show up in time for dinner Friday nights, then he takes care of her all through the show. And does it all to get back home again.

Sorry, just had to share this phenomenal news!

ps - he's also leading the eastern region. [smile]

No need to apologize. You sound like a very proud mom, as you should be. That's quite an accomplishment [Yay] . You brag all you want [big Grin]

Congrats. to your son & to you, you obviously have done a good job at raising him [smile]

No need to apologize. You sound like a very proud mom, as you should be. That's quite an accomplishment [Yay] . You brag all you want [big Grin]

Congrats. to your son & to you, you obviously have done a good job at raising him [smile]