Sign in to follow this  
aplus

Saddle Sores

I have returned to riding after not riding for a number of years, and I am getting saddle sores between the cheeks. I have tried changing from Wranglers 13mwz to Levi jeans, tried using biking shorts apposed to underware, but I still get abraisions. I am working with a trainer as well who also can't figure it out. Can anyone help me? I love to ride, and would ride more often if I could find out why I get the sores. I own two great horses who just want to please me.

Aplus (Dan) [Eek!]

I have returned to riding after not riding for a number of years, and I am getting saddle sores between the cheeks. I have tried changing from Wranglers 13mwz to Levi jeans, tried using biking shorts apposed to underware, but I still get abraisions. I am working with a trainer as well who also can't figure it out. Can anyone help me? I love to ride, and would ride more often if I could find out why I get the sores. I own two great horses who just want to please me.

Aplus (Dan) [Eek!]

Try a liberal dose of Gold Bond Powder. Also try a pair of men's cotton briefs. If you're riding a padded seat go to a slick seat. I've ridden a slick, or hard seat, for years and never have gotten a sore.

Try a liberal dose of Gold Bond Powder. Also try a pair of men's cotton briefs. If you're riding a padded seat go to a slick seat. I've ridden a slick, or hard seat, for years and never have gotten a sore.

LOL My husband can feel for you. He had the same problem. He wasn't riding with the horse and he had what I called basketball butt..LOL But anyway, it'll get better the more you ride and a smooth saddle seat will help too.

My trainer use to make him hold a glass of water when he was riding and pretty soon he figured out how to sit without getting wet and then the saddle sores on his cute little cheecks went away.

Baby powder on your hiney might help too. I use to get rubs on my right knee and ended up putting socks with the toe cut out on. When my riding got more fluid I didn't need the socks anymore.

Don't give up riding...it just takes time.

LOL My husband can feel for you. He had the same problem. He wasn't riding with the horse and he had what I called basketball butt..LOL But anyway, it'll get better the more you ride and a smooth saddle seat will help too.

My trainer use to make him hold a glass of water when he was riding and pretty soon he figured out how to sit without getting wet and then the saddle sores on his cute little cheecks went away.

Baby powder on your hiney might help too. I use to get rubs on my right knee and ended up putting socks with the toe cut out on. When my riding got more fluid I didn't need the socks anymore.

Don't give up riding...it just takes time.

Thank you to all whom have responded to my pain in the A$$!

I have tried All kinds of jeans, and all kinds of padded what evers.

More riding I guess!

Loping is usually the culprit!

Dan

Thank you to all whom have responded to my pain in the A$$!

I have tried All kinds of jeans, and all kinds of padded what evers.

More riding I guess!

Loping is usually the culprit!

Dan

Mike,

Thanks for the response, it was funny!

Dan

P.S.:

What do think about putting the Corn Starch on the inside of cycling shorts, and no undees as a combination of things?

Mike,

Thanks for the response, it was funny!

Dan

P.S.:

What do think about putting the Corn Starch on the inside of cycling shorts, and no undees as a combination of things?

Hey to all who have helped me resolve my saddle sores,

I have narrowed down the problem, and fixed it! I switched saddles to a deeper seated saddle and higher cantle. Even though the saddle is an inexpensive Wintec, it doesn't give me sores. I am looking for good quality leather deep seated and high cantle used saddle. Also looking for a very old and inexpensive two horse BP trailer I can restore.

Aplus (Dan) dan@dmatloff-enterprises.com [Roll Eyes]

Hey to all who have helped me resolve my saddle sores,

I have narrowed down the problem, and fixed it! I switched saddles to a deeper seated saddle and higher cantle. Even though the saddle is an inexpensive Wintec, it doesn't give me sores. I am looking for good quality leather deep seated and high cantle used saddle. Also looking for a very old and inexpensive two horse BP trailer I can restore.

Aplus (Dan) dan@dmatloff-enterprises.com [Roll Eyes]