PaintHorseKate81

Posse Party. . . Part Deux

Yes indeedy folks! Step right up and join me in the second installment of Da Posse Party!

We're a fun and lively bunch for certain. . . and methinks we just MIGHT have had the longest running. . . or at least the LARGEST thread going with the ORIGINAL Posse Party. Good thing we get to have a sequel. . . eh!?!?!? [big Grin]

Step right up and enjoy the fun! We're all friends here!

Alrighty. . . just so that we have it for reference. . . here's the link to our FIRST INSTALLMENT! Let's keep up the momentum folks! I don't wanna lose anybody! [big Grin][Wink]

http://forums.horsecity.com/cgi-bin/bb/ult...7&p=1307#019618

[ 07-08-2008, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: PaintHorseKate81 ]

HAHA. First to POST!!

Liz, Kate. I understand. You're not bringing me down at all. I was in the horsecity chat room and they looked at her bloodlines. Come to be, looks like she is inbred. Now sure how, but you can go look at her. But I really don't want to get a mentally messed up horse. Lol. So, I'll have to look for another one

Liz, I have a cell phone. I just need a fulltime job to be able to Cover that other stuff...

There... Now everyone can read it on the new board. yay!

Hey Banditt. . . Pm me the link to her advert. . . and her bloodlines, if you don't mind, eh??? I always like to have a looksie into that kind of stuff. [Wink]

I'm heading off for bed! Catch y'all later! [smiley Wavey]

So to invite more people to the mayhem let me be the first to introduce myself.

Hello My name is Patty and I have one AQHA mare named Star. Two Labradors, Hailey a chocolate and Tanner a yellow. Oh and a Hubby, Dan.

Star and I like to trail ride. I like to work in the arena too but she doesn't think it's necessary. [Roll Eyes] I've had her for three years.

Such a sweet girl.

-

One of the many trails.

-

But this represents better what the trails are like.

-

And the two goober dogs.

-

Right. Introduce time, Correct. If this thing grows, I'm gonna have a hard time remembering what our Posse has posted

My name is Courtney, I'm 19 and I own a 3 year old Tobiano Paint Gelding.

-

-

Our son learnt on young horses, but then he had his father to steer him in the right direction if he needed it.

Rick also does our own farrier work and Phil will be learning trimming by himself in the next 12 months, but once again, he'll have his father there for guidance.

Having said that, we do know of a fellow who has learnt how to do his own horses. But he has read HEAPS on the function of the foot and how it all works, he has gone to clinics. He is self taught...but still learnt from those with the knowledge.

As for being bred too closely....we have a mare here that was half brother over half sister....she's brilliant, and so are her progeny...including the buckskin filly Jessie.

Like was mentioned before, if it works, it's line breeding, if it doesn't it's inbreeding.

However, at her age, she should already be displaying her tendencies towards things like temprement and willingness to learn. Don't just write her off due to bloodlines.

Kate - you would hate working in a bank...not only do you get blamed for what you do, but also what someone else from your branch did, what someone else from ANOTHER branch did, what the processing centres did, what the call centre did, what Jo Blow down the road SAID happened to him. How things SHOULD BE and not are to their liking, like charges (like it is US that set these charges and not the big wigs who sit quietly in their offices) [Roll Eyes] Need I go on? [Razz]

You just need to learn to let THEM have THEIR bad day and try not let it affect YOU too much. The next customer is a fresh start [smile]

HEELLOOOOOOO everyone! [smiley Wavey] Okay, let me get my introductin post out of the way. NEWBIES, jump on in! Nows the time!....Well, anytime is the time but this thread had SO little info to get caught up on! [Wink]

Kay, gonna go crazy with pics as usual!

My name is Liz and I have a 3 QH's. My pride and joy and my baby is a 5 yr old, Cheyenne. We have had MANY ups and downs and fear issues but we are finally having MORE ups and moving forward. I wouldn't trade this girl for the world.

I do everything with Chy but we both LOVE working cattle. We started that last summer. This summer was the first time we ROPED a steer!

-

-

-

Hubby and his rope horse Rio (10 yrs)

-

Hubby on our gelding Buddy (17yrs)

-

I'll post more but my computer is running the pace of a turtle today. [Wink]

Oh, Court, I agree with RT. If it works, it's called line breeding. I've seen horses with a LOT more linebreeding than that. That isn't bad at all.

Morning all.

Well Kota just could not get to sleep last night! WE didn't get her settled down until near 11:30 at night! We started trying to put her down at 8! I think she was jsut way overly tired and it was affecting her. Poor thing. She woke up fresh as a daisy this morning. Chippper and happy. So my guess is that.

I'll do a seperate post to introduce my herd.

Courtney- If I were you, I would just concentrate all my attention on ONE horse. Bandit. He needs your attention desperatly. It wasn't that long ago that you were telling us how you couldn' afford board. How will you afford board on 2? I won't even start on trimming your own horses. Bad idea. Trust me. Its not as simple as it seems. You can do damage that takes MONTHS if not longer to correct.

Patty- I absolutly LOVE seeing your train pictures. Its like your riding in a tropical rain forrest! I love it!

~stars

Ah yes. . . I suppose the 'getting to know you' post is a pre-requisite. . . isn't it???

ALrighty. . . here we go!

I'm Kate. . . I live in Illinois, about an hour west of Chicago. I own one horse. . . my fantastic, awesome, Chunky Monkey of a pasture puff. . . Lando. He's a 9 yr old sorrel sabino overo Paint Horse. I've actually OWNED him for 5 years, but I've had him since he was born. We mainly ride western, but I recently started putting the big chunk in an english saddle to see how he goes that way as well.

-

-

-

-

-

-

I also have two dogs. Arnie is my female Redbone Coonhound. She's such a character! Talks ALOT, and so very playful. . . then we have Jack. . . he's a wire-haired Jack Russel Terrier. We adopted him when he was right around a year old. . . he's the sweetest little buggar, and a great playmate for my Arnie.

Here's Arnie

-

and apparently. . . the photo of Jack will have to wait. . . my computer is having hissy fits with photobucket. [Roll Eyes]

Now that I've overloaded y'all with photos. . .

PattyCakes OOOOOOHHHHH GIRL! Thanks for the pics of the lovely Star-mare! I just absolutely ADORE her! Did I ever tell you that I normally DON'T really like the palaminos??? YEah. . . not a big fan of the color normally. . . but Star has such a rich coat. . . and she seems like such an outstanding fun horse. . . You've got the most LUSH, beautiful trails to ride on! Don't be surprised if I arrive on your doorstep someday and beg to go on a trail ride! Love the pics of Tanner and Hailey! Their cute little Lab ears flapping in the wind!

Hey ASH!!! HAH! Don't work in a bank! I DID. . . for THREE YEARS. I was quickly promoted from regular teller, to weekend Vault Manager, to Senior Teller. . . and they WANTED me to be the Lead teller. . . I said NUH UH. . . Going home with Migranes every day wasn't for me. Which is why I left the banking world to wash windows for a year. . . and then I snagged my job at Sears. . . selling appliances. . . and for the most part, I really like it. . . but it IS a retail/customer service position. . . and as such. . . I get to deal with the idiots on occasion.

Yeah. . . you're right. . . Inbreeding when it doesn't work, Linebreeding when it Does. I was checking out that filly's pedigree. . . and what had me scratching my head was that her maternal granddam was bred back to her own SON to produce this filly's dam. . . that's a little too close for comfort for me.

Ello y'all. I'm joinin.

My name is Katie. I am 14 years old, 15 in about a month, and I'm pretty much your average horse lover. Since I'm 14 I don't really 'own' my horse, my mom does!! So my mom owns My mare Abbey, and my sister gelding Happy. My sister is 16 going on 17 in about a month, and she rides saddleseat. As for me, I ride everything I can. From bareback/bridleless... to saddleseat, and everything in between. Western, Hunterseat, barrels, haven't tried poles yet, dressgae, WP, driving (funny story, never driving again), parelli, and my love of my life, JUMPING.

Abbey is a 14.3HH Arabian, not exactly what you'd expect to be jumping 4', but she does. She is my prdie and joy that my mom has owned now for six years, of those year I've ridden her 4 and 1/2. She used to be a huge pain, couldn't even walk down the arena wall without turning around a cantering off. But now, like you've heard, I can ride her bareback and bridleless just fine. There is only a couple things she is not suited to do, driving and being a cow-horse. She is freaked by cows, and can't stand anything like a pole being on her side. She proved that when 3 years ago my mom and I were trying to see what she was best at, and we tried driving, we got the harness on her and she looked as cute as a button, then we attached a small PVC pole for her to drag around while we were long lining her. My mom did about 10 minutes of work with her and she was fine, then apparently out of nowhere she figured out she was dragging a pole [Roll Eyes] . She freaked, and drug my mom around a bit, then she kicked the pole about 30 feet into the air, and stood there like nothing happened [ROTFL] . Silly mare.

Here are a few pictures.

-

-

Now for Happy boy. He is a 14 Y/O ASB Geldin, and he does SaddleSeat Pleasure with my sister.

-

I also have a couple dogs. One that is a crazy Miniature Bull Terrier (Target Dog), his name is Cowboy (Cody) and he is approximately 12 years old, and he has heart faliure, none of my family is expecting him to live past this year [Me Cry] . Then theres Annabelle (Annie) a noisy Beagle that is Approximately 7 y/o. they are both rescues we got Cody 4 years ago and Annie 3 years ago. No pics I want to put on here of them yet.

But here is a barn cat that thinks anything that moves is food, including your arms, hands, legs, your horses muzzle... nothing is safe.

-

[ 07-09-2008, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: ArBensMusic ]

Awesome Kate, my mare might not look it, but she is also Sabino, I forgot to say that but your post reminded me. She has roaning patches that get more white every year. The only thing that sucks about it is that whenever she gets a cut the hair growns back in white [big Grin] ... wait a sec, that isn't the only thing, she doesn't have enough white to join the Sabino Arab club, she is only one requirement away.

She has high whites,

lip markings,

and I forget the last one,

but she doesn't have enough white on her back yet, it is almost like she is pinot, but the spots that would be pure white on a pinto are strawberry roan on her, she has a huge patch of roan right where the saddle goes and down her belly, but it still wont count [Mad] .

Well I'll introduce myself. I live in Mn and have a nice little herd and loving man, and an adorable baby girl.

First my Kentucky Mountain Saddle horse Blondie

with my good friend Brenna aboard.

-

My mutt. 1/2 QH X 1/4 morgan X 1/4 Saddlebred

-

My OTT Standardbred that I adopted from www.4thehorses.com

He's a hunk

-

Shanni my APHA mare

-

And Thor. he's APHA as well.

-

and my cute little girl Dakota Rose. Or Kota for short.

-

~stars

Hey ArBens! Welcome to Da Posse! Cute ponies! When I first learned to ride it was english and I did some jumping. Not show or anything. just for fun. LOVED it and I'd like to still try it with my mare. She is such a lazy butt though sometimes, I'm not sure she could drag her big ol booty over those jumps!

Sounds like you and your mare have a great time together now. And it's the BOND that makes her yours, not the money! [Wink]

Big howdy from Missouri! I showed up briefly on the old posse threads, then I got busy and THEN lightning ate our computer.

I have three horses.

6 year old appy/tb cross who is mine all mine (he is alot of horse!)

14(?) year old QH pny mare that belongs to my children. They like to play cowboy and indian and practice "falling" off her butt. She mostly just stands there and eats grass the whole time.

3 year old QH gelding, the only registered animal I have. I have put him through lots of groundwork and he is ready for me to start riding. He is going to be my husbands horse.

I am technically challenged, so you will have to wait for hubby to put the photos in photobucket!

I also start and train horses. My two current trainees are a 3 year old QH very appropiately named Tank, who is going to make a super horse, and a rather wild-eyed spotted walking horse named General Lee. He needs lots of de-spooking.

I also teach at a pre-school, got three kids and two dogs.

I also love to garden!

[smiley Wavey] Howdy everybody!!

Ahhhh back from the beach! And I am ashamed..... [Embarrassed] I took my camera fully prepared to come back with millions of pictures to WOW the Posse with and .....

I have about three to put on here.

>

>

>

>

>

I am sorry. I took the camera to the beach with us on Friday and snapped a few shots of the water and birds etc. nothing much. Mostly I wanted to sleep so that is what I did. hehehe

Then I TOTALLY FORGOT the camera when we went to Charleston! [Duh] I think I got too much sun on Friday. So... I will post the few beach shots I did get and then I will CHEAT and post a few Charleston shots from the trip we took last year. Yeah I suck. Sorry. But I still want to put the pictures up for those of you who haven't been or may never get there! It's a BEAUTIFUL city full of history. [smile]

So stay tuned for my next picture-full post!

The Atlantic Ocean as seen from Folly Beach, which is the eastern most tip of the US.

-

-

One of the birds that saw me munching on Pringles and began begging me to share. Remember the gulls on Finding Nemo? Yeah. That is totally what they are like!

-

-

Then this bird made himself at home on the umbrella some people had set up nearby. He was up there for about twenty minutes!

-

Well, not trim horses. I put that wrong. I know how to take the flare off and all that Jazz. Grandpa taught me and my Dad's friends gave me a video. I wouldn't do more than anything. I understand whjat you are all saying.

Welcome new comers. This post requires lots of photos. Lol.. I'm gonna have to make me a list of everyone that joins.. haha.

Ok. Love your guy's horses. I've rode an Arabian mare. Fat chunky little thing. She could fly like the wind too.

Okay, gotta upload the Charleston pics to photobucket so I'll be back again with those and my INTRO post. Gotta go check on the ponies. [smile]

Well Mith. . . I'm HIGHLY disappointed in how few photos you took! [Wink]

LOVE the beach shots! And don't worry. . . I'll have more than PLENTY beach shots for our Posse when I get back from my trip to the Outer Banks in September. (Not ALL that far away, is it!?!?!)

Can't wait for the Charleston photos! Even if they ARE from last year! [Razz]

A big WELCOME TO THE POSSE for ArBens. . . Cute little arab you've got there! My first horse was a lanky, gray arab gelding with way too much "GO" for a beginner! [Razz]

That stinks that you can't get your girl into the Sabino registry. Is it solely based on physical characteristics? Or would they allow her if you had the DNA testing done to see if she is, indeed a sabino???

One of the little arab mares that my gelding is pastured with is a sabino. . . high whites, white lips, roaning along her flanks and a spot or two on her belly. The old gal is a cutie for sure!

MoBlondie. . . Welcome back! Can't wait to see what photos you have for the Posse! Get that hubby of yours on the job so we can see em! Sounds like your youngins are getting plenty of use out of that sturdy pony! Gotta love it! [big Grin]

Hey ya'll. So ... yes it is the sometimes present RT. Not a regular poster, however I am a poster child for poor riding. [big Grin]

Mith -- great pics! Very nice scenery there!

Kate -- Look at Lando! Does he have an English accent when he rides now? Heeheh. Looks like that saddle hits you in all the right places, back, knees, ankles! Use it in good health! The aussie and I are getting loads of good miles, especially with my SIMCO in the shop for cleaning, wool, strings and seat.

All else -- Waving hi! I'll try to comment more, really I will!

First things first -- here's someone much more photogenic than I ever will be. Mrs. R'kins, and her mare Breezy.

-

Rios Remington and his maternal great, great grandma, Poco Lena.

-

Rio and I.

-

The tater -- Outlaw's Rolling Thunder

-

-

See ya'll later! [big Grin]

Wow a guy leaves for a few months and you start a new thread! Greatings from South Dakota, and Hi to all the newbies.

Hope everyone is doing well! I was going to try to catch up with about 250 pages but just takes to long.

Went ridding in the Black Hills last week and had a great time. Here are a couple of pics of Curly and Jack, and I will get more up soon.

-

-

Oh hey Bandito! Just wanted to let you know..... I GOT SUNBURNED!! [Duh] I actually did put sunscreen on but realized it was about 2 yrs old which is not good. But thought you might like to know you're not alone. lol

Here's a few of the Charleston pics

One of the cemetaries

-

-

There are a bunch of beautiful little passageways between the houses and through back yards

-

More scenery and stuff you can see around the town. If you've ever seen North/South or whatever the movie is that Patrick Swayze was in about the Civil War, it was filmed in Charleston.

-

-

These are taken at The Battery which is a park at the end of the Peninsula where they had the cannons etc for the War. It's a very pretty place and lots of people have weddings there. The flowers in the Gazebo were left over from a wedding that morning.

-

-

One of the courtyards of the old houses on Rainbow Row.

-

Buck, our carriage horse on the tour around town. If you ever get there you really should take a carriage ride. You learn SOOO much about the town.

-

And now for My INTRO. lol

My name is Christine or Chris whichever you prefer. [smile] I have one horse, a Paint/TB mare named Cheyenne that was a gift from my Uncle in Indiana. Two dogs, Spanky & Jesse, two cats: indoor cat, Pumpkin and outdoor cat, Viggo. And I have a goat, named Boromir but gets called goat or devil as the occasion requires. [Razz]

I'm currently riding my friend's TB mare, Catty Cat. She's a work in progress.

Oh yeah, I also have a husband who helps pay for it all. [big Grin]

I guess I'll HAVE to upload some pictures of the clan. lol Cuz I KNOW how much we all LOVE pictures! [Jump]

Oh, and I had another little Arab named Frisco. He was a bit crazy when I got him but we had a lot of fun experiences together learning to ride English and jump.

I know longer officially own him but he is still in my heart and has a forever home with me if needed. He's currently a companion for a friend of mine's older horse.

-

-

-

this is when he first came home to me

-

The pics of that ocean make me sad!! [Frown] I miss not being able to go to the beach whenever I want too [Me Cry]

I have new pics of my horses up on Diesels post..

Wow! We have a part two!! [Yay] It took me a minute to find this! [Wink] I guess we did get kind of big. It was nice of the mods to allow us to start this new installment! [Not Worthy]

Kate, Glad to hear you evening got better. I watch America's Next Model and Project Runway too! [Wink] Usually I have to tivo all these shows because I'm not home at the times they are on.

Banditt, Sorry but I would have to ditto what the others have said. I myself would love to have another horse too but realistically I don't have the money or time for 2. So I am content with my girl! [big Grin]

Patty, I love those pics of you on the trail! So green! Brings back a lot of memories of hiking when I lived in WA as a kid.

Liz, I love how Chy's tail looks right now, with her red dorsal stripe coming down the center of it. So cool!

ArBens, Cute horses you have there. It sounds like you have a ton of fun with your mare!!

MoBlondie, I also work at a child care center. My kiddos are 1 though. Can't wait to see your pics!

MM, Great shots of the ocean! That bird is just too cute!! I bet that tree is pretty spooky at night!

Joe, Welcome back!!

Ok now in the next post I'll reintroduce myself. [Wink]