PaintHorseKate81

Posse Party. . . Part Deux

Hey Patty, I got an orange tabby for ya...but he only has three legs! Sweet as pie though! [Wink]

Here are some pics for you guys...

Sunset after the storms last night.

-

And a recent visitor to our pond. He was here last night too. My guess is he's chowin down on all the frogs!

-

-

-

I think it's an egret or a blue heron. Not sure. [big Grin]

Liz. . . LOVE the sunset shot. . . very dramatic!

I believe that is a blue heron! We get them around here. . . I'll see them stalking fish and frogs in the creeks and drainage ponds. . . they're such beautiful, elegant birds!

That's what I figured too after looking it up! He is elegant looking. He's even MORE gorgeous when he's flying! [Wink]

Well, I was laying out and got hot. SO went out to feed horses and then came in and made a smoothie. Lemme tell you, it's the best danged smoothie I have EVER made! I've alerady had 6 brain freezes and I'm not even half done with it yet! [ROTFL] I used strawberries, vanilla yogurt, raspberry sherbert and ice. Holy COW! [Jump]

ETA** STARS, that's a great picture of you riding. Nice and green then! [big Grin]

[ 07-10-2008, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: lopenslow28 ]

Where the heck IS everybody?! Sheesh! Nothing like sittin in the corner of the room by yourself! [Confused]

Well, we had a rough night at roping practice. It started with the fact that there were like 20 different horses there which allowed for more chaos and calling out than last time. TIm worked the chute for a while while I ATTEMPTED to ride my beasty. She decided she was NOT gonna leave Rio to go work without a fight. SO, Stupid me took her to the middle of the arena and tried to start working her and she was all head tossin and being a total brat, randomly rolling back and trying to run back to Rio. That was about ENOUGH of that!

So I got off, put her halter and lead back on and longed her butt off RIGHT next to where Rio was tied. You gonna hang with Rio, you gonna WORK! GOt her puffin real good and got back on and worked her some MORE right next to Rio. [bang Head] I felt her WANT to stop so we worked some more....THEN I let her trot off to the other end of the arena and we chilled there. Relaxed. I wanted THAT to be the good place. We STILL went back to Rio to work another time or two JUST to reinforce that it is only WORK down there. She was good after that but she still threw my back outta whack with her shennanigans...dang her. [Roll Eyes]

So while down there, we gathered up some cattle, watched some runs, worked the catch pen gate and loped some VERY nice circles. WHy oh WHY does she feel she needs to learn somethings the hard way? At least now I KNOW where to start next time...RIGHT next to Rio! [Roll Eyes]

Next it was Rio's turn to be naughty. TIm's first run was GREAT. He even got the steer heeled which was awesome cause he has never caught one when heeling. Just started learning it. Well, I jinxed it and told him he did GREAT... [Eek!]

Next run, Tim cinches his rear cinch up a notch right before the run.... [Duh] They come out of the box and Rio turns roughstock on Tim and takes off BUCKIN. I mean BUCKIN! Tim...thinking it through somehow, (I can't think when I'm in that position!) decides he most likely won't be able to sit through it so he bales. He went straight up (REALLY HIGH) and straight down and lands on his feet...but with one ankle turned under him. RIO on the other hand continued to buck ALL the way over to Chy and I! [shocked]

That is why we think it was the rear cinch being tighter...even though he was having some buddy sour issues too. Tim got back on and rode the PI$$ out of him and did a dry roping run on him with no rope just to make him do it and boost his own confidence I suppose. Then we called it a night. TIm is now sitting on the couch with ice on his knee and both ankles. Poor guy! His left ankle is swollen up pretty good. That's the one he rolled when he landed. He's tryin to tough it out though.

SOOOO....Enough of the drama. I'm pooped and headin to the shower and then off to bed. Crazy animals wore me out! You can DARN well bet there will be some hard riding tomorrow though...we've got some attitudes to straighten out! [Roll Eyes]

I'm still here for a little bit. Great pictures! I hate storms, but sometimes they do the neatest things to the sky.

Liz, It sounds like all 4 of you got quite the workout today. I hope the beasties learned their lessons and I hope you and Tim are feeling good tomorrow. You may want to substitute multivitamins for Advil tomorrow morning. [Huggy]

Brenna

Geez Liz! That was certainly an EVENTFUL night for ya!

I hope Tim's knees and ankles are feeling better by tomorrow. . . it sucks when the apendages that hold you up hurt too bad to stand!

Rest that back of yours tomorrow if it's feeling ouchy! No point in pushing yourself!

It's odd that BOTH of your horses were acting so outa whack tonight! I wonder if the frequent, stormy weather has got them feeling squirrely. . . [Question]

Hmmmm. . . well. . . I'm absolutely TUCKERED OUT. . . Catch y'all later! [smiley Wavey]

Man....I'm offline for a bit and you guys up and start a new thread [Cool] BTW, here's a piccy of Mr. Smokey boy and I at Bear Lake this last weekend -

Munchkin

-

And of the flammy

-

(All except for my other boxer that doesnt want to behave around Smoke)

There are some more posted in GHT, but I wanted to share a few with y'all [Wink]

Wow, ev'rybodies pictures are so great [big Grin]

My beloved posse has such beauitful riders and horses to match [big Grin]

Sounds like ev'rybody is keeping busy with their lives.

I have no life, so it's just been plain ol' boring here in 'zona [Frown]

Nothin' fun or good ever happens in 'zona [Duh]

It'll be just another el boring-o weekend at home.

I don't know why I'm laughing [ROTFL]

Maybe I'm back on da fed [Yay]

Hey, who wants to see Bellanads' reaction to gun fire [Question]

I know I do.. and that's next on the list for this coming week.

Nothin' exciting ever happens in 'zona [Crazy]

When Paulette gets her acct straightened out I want ALL DA SECRETS ON PATTY.. i want ALL DA DIRT!

**** yes Paulette can tell lies.

I don't care hahahhahahaha !!

As long as their good and juicy, it doesn't matter to me.. lol

Okay, I'm off to bed 'cause I have a limo picking me up in the morning to tend to business with da family fortune, then a nice lunch with Brad Pitt and maybe we'll sing by Jerry Van Dyke's for a float in da pool and fruity drinks.

See.. that was easy and a fun lie, lmao

Wow, poor Timbob

Rio did need the ever lovin' p!ss rode out of him.

You wanna be a hoss' @ss then lets move crappity smacker "IEE-Ha!"

Good lord.. i just gave myself goose bumps [ROTFL]

I know you know what REAL buckin' is.. i bet that scared the crap outta you seein' Tim ridin' a few of those bucks [Huggy]

And then when Rio heads for you and Chy [Eek!]

Holy crapini.. did Chy tuck her butt and get outta the way or did you two bolt outta there!

Tell Timbob Da Necey says, "feel better"

Hey, maybe he'll stay home tomorrow and get a three day weekend outta the deal [ROTFL]

quote:

Originally posted by necey435:

Nothin' fun or good ever happens in 'zona

NO right...hanging out with Al DUnning SOOO boring I'm SURE [Crazy] Or is it that AFTER hanging out with him life is boring? THAT I would believe! [ROTFL] Silly girl!

Um...well, I didn't see Tim ride out a few bucks. I turned around in time to see Timbob doing a flying trick through the air and then land horribly! I imagine it would feel like it would when you have kids. Just sucks the wind out of your lungs and you want to rush to them and cry FOR them. I KNOW how scary that SH** can be. But later on, when he was complainin about how cold the ice was...I reminded him of places I had to ice once! [ROTFL] He laughed and didn't complain anymore! [Wink]

ANd when Rio came towards us, Chy just stood her ground like she always does whether it be cow or horse or two team ropers chasin a cow! She's so lazy she'd rather just stand there and watch herself get nailed! [Roll Eyes] No, Rio stopped when he got to us cause gosh darnit, that was where he WANTED to be!

The first time we went, it was only like 5 of us and it was calm and laid back and not that many horses. I think just the added commotion (when your horse is not used to lots of horses) was enough to get them set off and it was downhill from there. Then some of the wives and kids took their horses for a ride down the road and through the field across the street. That set off ALL the horses and had them ALL hollerin. [Duh] Buncha drama queens is all.

Well, I actually went to be earlier last night and gosh darnit....I was UP earlier today. Go figure. I WANTED to sleep but...ah well.

Utah, looked like a nice fun family trip to the lake! Your daughter looks SO much like hubby in that picture! [Wink]

So, wanna hear something funny? Our local stations on our satellite weren't coming in. Kept gliching in and out. I thought..."well, we might have to call the guy out to look at them and line them back up maybe". Well, I got frustrated enough I figured I'd go out and give it a kick and see if that helped at all...turns out...it was a WEED problem! There were weeds all in front of it! [ROTFL][Duh] GLad I didn't call the guy out after all. THAT would have been a bit embarrassing! [ROTFL]

Mornin Everybody!

The beloved husband o' mine let me sleep in again... ahhhhh he's wonderful. [Not Worthy] I was up by nine but still.... it was nice. [big Grin]

Utah~ Nice to meet you and lovely pictures! That looks like sooo much fun through the water. What kind of horse is Smokey?

lopen~ WOW [shocked] What a day! It's funny how just a few different things will set horses off into crazy antics like that. Glad everyone survived and hope Tim's ankles are doing okay!

Necey~ what are you on???? I want some! [ROTFL] You are trippin me out! Hey, whatever happened with your shoulder? Those were some crazy lookin pictures you had up!

Well, I hope to have some more pictures to post over the weekend. I was thinkin how Kate had Lando 'cross-dressin' in English duds, so I plan to get out my Western gear and try it on Cheyenne. She's probably gonna be pretty PO'd since I haven't done more than hop on bareback in oh... seven months! Now that she's away from the abusive love of the pony she's finally starting to gain a little weight and her wounds are healing. [Mad] Dang Pony!

Well off to clean house. sigh... my payment for Friday morning sleep ins.. gotta make it shine for when the honey gets home! lol

Catch up with ya'll later!~ [smiley Wavey]

Good morning 2veryone! Thanks for the comments on the pics [smile]

Lopen...sheesh, I just got done reading about your herds desicion for a rodeo night. How's the back and the hubby's ankel/knees? Sounds like you did the right thing with Chy, even if she was being bratty.

Morning Mithril [big Grin] Pics would be great so I can put some faces to names (four legged ones included LOL!) Smokey is a quarter arab cross [smile] Have fun cleanin the house.

Ah, I thought I saw some Arab in there. [big Grin] Yep I'll have some pics up this weekend. I do have a few on the first couple pages of this thread. Some beach pics and then of my critters. [smile]

OMG Posse! I have been gone so long that the last post is gone and you have started a new one. The good news is that it makes it easier to catch up. This way, I only have 8 pages to read, the other, well... who knows how many pages I missed.

Why did the old posse thread get closed? And what about the sumthin sumthin thread? Both the threads I posted on are started over [Confused]

I didn't come home from WA until the 1rst, then I had the 4rth to contend with and TONS of homework that I was behind on. I still am trying to catch up. Don't know if I ever will!

Lopen, wow, some ride. Do you think that Timbob was thinking it through or just thinking about getting off?? Me, all I can think about is NOT leaving the saddle and NOT grabbing leather!! I will have to keep your work near Rio trick in mind when I ride, 'cuz once in a while, Sassi gets the same idea about staying with another horse.

Hey phKate! What about Red River Valley for your song collection? It's an old cowboy song taught to me by an old cowboy that I miss greatly.

Cowboy Version

From this valley they say you are going.

I will miss your bright eyes and sweet smile.

For they say you are taking the sunshine.

That has brightened our pathway awhile.

Chorus:

Come and sit by my side if you love me.

Do not hasten to bid me adieu.

But remember the Red River Valley

and the cowboy that loves you so true.

From this valley they say your are going.

I will miss your sweet face and your smile.

Just because you are weary and tired,

You are changing your range for awhile.

I've been waiting a long time my darling

For the sweet words you never say.

Now at last all my fond hopes have vanished.

For they say you are going away.

O there never could be such a longing

In the heart of a poor cowboy's breast.

That now dwell in the heart you are breaking.

As I wait in my home in the west.

Do you think of the valley you're leaving?

O how lonely and drear it will be!

Do you think of the kind heart you're breaking.

And the pain you are causing to me?

As you go to your home by the ocean,

May you never forget those sweet hours

That we spent in the Red River Valley,

And the love we exchanged mid the flowers.

Hi ya, Necey! Never boring when you're around!

Utah, great pics of your horse running through the water! Isn't it fun?

Banditt, how has summer been treating you? I went through Missoula a couple of weeks ago and as I was going I thought that I should have called you and we could have met for coffee or something. I have to go through again sometime this summer, what do you think, should we meet?

Hi to everyone I have missed!

I guess I better do an intro post for all the folks that don't know me, so I'll do that next.

This is me, Pamela or Pam, on Sassi. She is my horse, more or less. She is a good horse, and often she is the one that any company we have rides, but she still can be spunky. She is 1/2 paint, 1/2 Arab.

-

-

Here is my youngest daughter on Mousse. Mousse is a draft cross and a nice horse that is just a little thick skulled sometimes, but a real love!

-

-

Our pony Jenny. She is 25, and taught many children to ride.

-

My daughter's 1/2 thoroughbred gelding, Tony. He is 19 and been there done that sorta horse with attitude.

-

This is Foxy, my daughters other horse. In case you can't see it, she is an Arab.

-

I'm gonna have to do another post, because I can only post so many pics at atime! I'm not complainin' 'cuz that gives me chance to post more pics!

Just a few weeks ago, we gained Sparky, a nice solid colored paint gelding. He is a cool horse with a gently disposition and sweet attitude.

-

Sparky and Mousse.

-

One of our dogs, Norton.

-

A silly picture of my jrt, Taz.

-

Here he is looking out the window. He is waiting for my hubby to come home and that is where he watches and waits when it gets close to the time when my hubby comes home.

-

We also have a barn cat in hiding from Taz, a cockatiel, an aquarium with a crab and 3 tropical fish, and some turkeys.

-

Heck, I might have to change my HC handle from 4horses to 5horses, whatcha think? If I change, I will change to something without the amount of horses I have, that way if it changes again, I won't have to change my profile name.

Thanks for reading about our eventful ride guys! Tim says his ankles and his knee are stiff. Says it hurts like heck to get in his truck at work cause he can't bend it that well. I'm sure he'll be fine though. Not sure he'll RIDE with us tonight but we'll see. [Wink]

4horses, the mods asked Kate if she would start a new possee party cause the other one was getting too long for HC to support. No biggie! Not sure what happened with the other thread. I saw it locked but didn't know the result of things. [big Grin]

Mith you're so lucky getting to sleep in again! You KNOW we want pics if you ride Cheyenne in western gear! [Yay]

Utah, glad you're back and the hectic days are slowed a bit for you right now! Take some time to R-E-L-A-X! [Wink]

Kate, don't work to hard today, okay? It's Friday and you've had a BUSY week! [Huggy]

Good morning all. [smiley Wavey]

Hi Utah and 4...oh I mean 5horses! It's good to see both of you back. I loved the pictures of the lake Utah. Smokey is such a handsome horse. He is a lot lighter this year isn't he? I wonder how many years it will take him to be totally white.

Now 5horses don't be leaving us for some boring old homework. Stick around we are more interesting anyway.

I got an e-mail from Paulette this morning. She is all logged in, just needs a little guidance on how to post. [Yay]

Yee haw Liz and Tim provided the entertainment for the night! Liz with her dizzy circle work and Tim with his flying act! ( I hope you two aren't feeling the affects too terribly)

We are headed to Canada again this Sunday. The people that run the car show called and have invited us to join them at there home afterward for a bar-b-que. The hold it for the people that help with the show and a few of there friends. I'm so honored to be considered one of there friends. They are so nice. If we do go to it though it will mean that we won't get home until eleven or twelve o-clock that night so I'm not sure if he will want to go. I sure feel better driving that far in the light though. [surrender]

Here is a little food for thought guys....

That girl I'm giving lessons to? Well, every lesson gets shorter and shorter...today was cause she's "so tired". I'm not sure if it was cause she WAS tired, bad attitude or bored. If it's because she's bored, it's cause she only wants to walk and she has trouble keeping her horse at a walk without stopping. SO we've been working on her just keeping her horse going forward. I have taken cones out there to use and do patterns around so they can work on steering.

Any ideas how I can spice it up and make it fun yet still at a walk? A very VERY slow walk? She trotted last time but after seeing him fall with me, she does NOT want to even TRY to trot. SO I got on him and trotted him and troted him and did ORS's with him from the trot so when she DOES want to trot he'll stop for her. I also worked on getting him to back (which he does NOT do) and giving vertically to the bit. [Confused]

I dn't know. I don't want to have her be bored but I don't want to deal with her bad attitude either. If she doesn't want to learn, I don't want to go out of MY way.... [Question] Any ideas?

Aahahh...Patty, you only live once! Go to the car show and the barbeque and have a GREAT time enjoying your new friends! Live it up! [Yay] And take me with you! It sounds like fun! [Wink] We're going to a rodeo tomorrow night. My friend Jody is barrel racing in it. Sound be fun. [big Grin]

I'd love to come pick you up but I don't think we could afford the gas to get us there. [shocked]

Hey there 4horses! Good to see ya again. [smile]

lopen~ hmmm.. the girl seems like maybe she's rethinking the work aspect of riding? I don't really know how to give lessons especially to kids, but when I gave my nephew lessons a few years ago he would get bored after about ten minutes. So I started adding poles on the ground and making him practice two-point over the poles and using those muscles.

Then I would have him ride with his arms in the air out to the sides and then rotate them in different directions. Then I'd have him lift his legs up one at a time and then both together. He could use his hands on the grab strap the first time but then he had to hold his hands out. It was cute seeing him balance on his little bum in the saddle!

My goal was to improve his balance but he thought it was fun to try to stay on while the pony was walking around. It works really good on a pony that you could maybe put on a lunge line to move in a circle. Especially good if they don't walk TOO fast. [smile] Then you can keep the horse going forward and the kid can concentrate on balancing. [Confused] Does that help?

Or you could have her hold things like an egg-n-spoon type thing? Maybe do games type things but at a walk and then she gets more secure can move to a trot? [Confused]

lol I feel like I'm just rambling on and on...

I need lunch.

No Mith you're making perfect sense. Only, she's kind fo shy and she's 12...so I'm not sure I could get her to lift her arms and legs all over the place! I'll give it a try though. [Wink]