SerahRose

Ligers N Tigons saddles!?

anyone ever heard of the brand? I was dinking around on ebay looking to see what they had for reining saddles, and I came upon all these Demo saddles from Ligers N Tigons--the saddle itself looks rather interesting! Neat tooling, looks comfy--but I've never head of em, and obviously for the cheap price one should be cautious! So, anyone ever seen one in person, or heard anything about em? here is their website iffn you are interested!

Lingers N Tigons

anyone ever heard of the brand? I was dinking around on ebay looking to see what they had for reining saddles, and I came upon all these Demo saddles from Ligers N Tigons--the saddle itself looks rather interesting! Neat tooling, looks comfy--but I've never head of em, and obviously for the cheap price one should be cautious! So, anyone ever seen one in person, or heard anything about em? here is their website iffn you are interested!

Lingers N Tigons

EErie...I was just looking on Ebay at English saddles and saw the same brand! Then I clicked on HC and saw this thread.....weeeeeiiiirrrrrdddd.

EErie...I was just looking on Ebay at English saddles and saw the same brand! Then I clicked on HC and saw this thread.....weeeeeiiiirrrrrdddd.

yea...i saw them in an English search too!! It'd be cool if it was a nice new brand just trying to get their name out there and I got one while they're cheap!! on the other hand...I don't wanna buy a cheap saddle--I want a nice one!! lol

yea...i saw them in an English search too!! It'd be cool if it was a nice new brand just trying to get their name out there and I got one while they're cheap!! on the other hand...I don't wanna buy a cheap saddle--I want a nice one!! lol

I think I may just go ahead and risk bidding on one of the saddles! lol. I e-mailed the company with a few questions about their retail price range and how new the company is. They have only been into saddle making for 3 years, and this is the first year they have marketed their reining saddles.

On the other hand...I can't say I'm too fond of the look of their English saddles. One of the dressage saddles looked to have potential...but they had an wierd view of it--kind of like an ariel (sp?) view--instead of a side-view. So yea...anyone else!? I'd suuure love to hear some more input!

I think I may just go ahead and risk bidding on one of the saddles! lol. I e-mailed the company with a few questions about their retail price range and how new the company is. They have only been into saddle making for 3 years, and this is the first year they have marketed their reining saddles.

On the other hand...I can't say I'm too fond of the look of their English saddles. One of the dressage saddles looked to have potential...but they had an wierd view of it--kind of like an ariel (sp?) view--instead of a side-view. So yea...anyone else!? I'd suuure love to hear some more input!

i personally wouldnt bid on them.. their cheaply made.. (but do look alittle better than the REALLY cheap)..

good quality used is MUCH better in the long run than buyin a cheap new one..

you get what you pay for.. [Wink]

ETA: check out their bad descriptions fo saddle fit... and "how to ride"... after reading that.... check out the CHEAP/bad tooling on the wester saddles..

just my 2 cents...

SAVE YOUR MONEY & RUN FOR THE HILLS!

[ 02-02-2007, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: equi-librium ]

i personally wouldnt bid on them.. their cheaply made.. (but do look alittle better than the REALLY cheap)..

you get what you pay for.. [Wink]

ETA: check out their bad descriptions fo saddle fit... and "how to ride"... after reading that.... check out the CHEAP/bad tooling on the wester saddles..

just my 2 cents...

[ 02-02-2007, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: equi-librium ]

quote:

Originally posted by equi-librium:

you get what you pay for..
[Wink]

just my 2 cents...

lol, yea, saw that! I still really want to see what they look like IRL. Fiding a used reining saddle for a good price is quite literally IMPOSSIBLE!! The cheapest used one I've seen on ebay was already up in the 800's and hadn't hit the reserve yet! Gosh darn spendy lil saddles!

Gonna contact the company again and see if they send out demo saddles (you know...to check fit and such with my horse... [bat Eyelashes] ) then if it is nasty, I can just send it back! [Razz]

quote:

[Wink]

just my 2 cents...

lol, yea, saw that! I still really want to see what they look like IRL. Fiding a used reining saddle for a good price is quite literally IMPOSSIBLE!! The cheapest used one I've seen on ebay was already up in the 800's and hadn't hit the reserve yet! Gosh darn spendy lil saddles!

Gonna contact the company again and see if they send out demo saddles (you know...to check fit and such with my horse... [bat Eyelashes] ) then if it is nasty, I can just send it back! [Razz]

quote:

Originally posted by Serah Rose:

quote:

[Wink]

just my 2 cents...

Gonna contact the company again and see if they send out demo saddles (you know...to check fit and such with my horse...
[bat Eyelashes]
) then if it is nasty, I can just send it back!
[Razz]
Haha that's the way to go! lol

quote:

Originally posted by Serah Rose:

quote:

[Wink]

just my 2 cents...

Gonna contact the company again and see if they send out demo saddles (you know...to check fit and such with my horse...
[bat Eyelashes]
) then if it is nasty, I can just send it back!
[Razz]
Haha that's the way to go! lol

Actually I came upon this thread because I was google'ing around. I recentely aqquired two Ligers-n-Tigons saddles from a business here in California. I must say that so far they are very good quality. What is exceptional about these saddles is that by the way they look you can tell I will use these on my quarter horse for years to come. The leather is nice and thick, the tooling is gorgeous and the quality is good if not better then your Circle Y that you spend 2,000 on. I am happy about my choice....just thought I would let the world know....My advice is to pick up more of these saddles before their prices skyrocket!

[smile] RIDE FREE IN THE WIND!!!!!!!!!

Actually I came upon this thread because I was google'ing around. I recentely aqquired two Ligers-n-Tigons saddles from a business here in California. I must say that so far they are very good quality. What is exceptional about these saddles is that by the way they look you can tell I will use these on my quarter horse for years to come. The leather is nice and thick, the tooling is gorgeous and the quality is good if not better then your Circle Y that you spend 2,000 on. I am happy about my choice....just thought I would let the world know....My advice is to pick up more of these saddles before their prices skyrocket!

[smile] RIDE FREE IN THE WIND!!!!!!!!!

Hello All,

It's been a year since this thread was last posted. I'm looking at a Ligers n Tigons roper saddle on ebay and was wondering if there is any more information or opinions on this complany. Any information would be appreciated.

Hello All,

It's been a year since this thread was last posted. I'm looking at a Ligers n Tigons roper saddle on ebay and was wondering if there is any more information or opinions on this complany. Any information would be appreciated.

I have seen the auctions on E-bay as well and have purchased one of the saddles. I have completed some basic research into this brand "Ligors and Tigons" and found them to be unique as far as the adjustable bar (maybe padding). It's been awhile since I read up on them but was intrigued, with these saddles going for these prices I thought I could afford to get my hands on one first hand and really look it over. If you get a chance to read this and want further information I can do so after receipt of my saddle, which should arrive around the middle or latter part of next week (maybe 02/25/09 or so).

bootsnspurs, I would love an update when you get it! and real pictures if you have a digital camera! I rarely trust the "stock" photos of anything! haha

I did eventually buy a reining saddle (not a ligers and tigons brand) from ebay for a great price, so I am no longer looking, but am still curious about the brand in general. I'd like to know how the customer service and everything is with them as well. I had some contact with them and was really impressed with how they marketed themselves.

bootsnspurs, I would love an update when you get it! and real pictures if you have a digital camera! I rarely trust the "stock" photos of anything! haha

I did eventually buy a reining saddle (not a ligers and tigons brand) from ebay for a great price, so I am no longer looking, but am still curious about the brand in general. I'd like to know how the customer service and everything is with them as well. I had some contact with them and was really impressed with how they marketed themselves.

I certainly understand how you feel about stock photos and putting any faith in them for such a purchase. Well I got the saddle yesterday and I really like it for appearance and quality now to see how it fits the horses. The trees are reinforced fiberglass which is ok, it does make them lighter than wood trees. They have a two year warranty on materials and craftsmanship also. The one I purchased is a roping saddle (even though I don't rope) with a hard seat. The bars are QH which are somehow padded, so I don't know how this works, but feels really good, I hope the horses think so too. I am for sure ready to ride now, plus I have an authentic Mexican Charro saddle here too and would like to see how it feels to ride one. :)

post-51683-1235745442_thumb.jpg

post-51683-1235745461_thumb.jpg

post-51683-1235745485_thumb.jpg

I would love an update as well if you could.

I posted an update to the Ligor and Tigon debate with pictures of the saddle. Now for the true test to see how it fits the horses.

oh very cool. I actually like the look of the "real" photos more than the stock photos. How did the fit end up being?

oh very cool. I actually like the look of the "real" photos more than the stock photos. How did the fit end up being?

I used it on one so far and the fit seemed to be good (the average built one of the group, now for the two thinner framed and the one mutton withered one). One note to the negative though the stirrups are small I will replace those soon. The seat rode well even on the difficult terrain that we rode in so that is a plus. Now here is a picture of a saddle that I have added to my collection.

post-51683-1236210244_thumb.jpg