SerahRose

Ligers N Tigons saddles!?

I bought a Ligers N Tigons reining saddle last July and I absolutely loveeee my saddle! I can ride in it for hours on end and never have any problems with it. It has fit the horses Ive ridden in it great, and I ride almost daily in it. I have shown in it, done trails, ring work... anything... lol. I switched the stirrups on mine too... they are quite narrow at one spot. The tooling on my saddle is drop dead gorgeous! I may be biased becuase its mine... but I payed $415 for it and its sooooo detailed.

100_2241.jpg

100_2231.jpg

those pics are from when I had just bought it... I hadnt even been in it yet. I dont know if I have any recent pics of it... Ill have to look around.

I have used the Ligers and Tigon saddle (high back hard seat, Mexican style horn) for several months now. I repair saddled for a living. I found the saddle to be very strong, with a bull hide wrapped tree and horn. THe leather is first class, strongly secured, thick and deeply carved. Strings are well secured and all conchos are set fast and well. The sheepskin (real) is thick and padded at pressure points. Th stirrups are a bit small, and it would be nice if they were turned and tied. I guess I can't have it all. I have several favorite saddles, mainly old Tex Tans and other ranch saddles, but this one is now my favorite. IF someone tells you they are cheaply made, just look at the leather. Yes, I would prefer that the strings were through the skirts, but I have tugged on them, and not even a hair of give. I highly recomment it for the western rider

Welp,,, I bought a Ligers N Tigons saddle, hard seat, high cantle, pencil roll, Wade tree. I looked at the carving. Yep, it was really carved, and beautifully done. Now, My saddle was made in 2012. I looked at all the fittings, and, since I repair saddles for a living, I knew what to look for. No loose conchos, real sheepskin, thick, heavy high quality leather, bullhide wrapped tree. I am not much for aluminum stirrups, but there they are. Also, the D rings are cheap, though they will not break. The tree is strong and solid. I have rarely seen leather so well carved, or of such high quality on a saddle costing only $500-$600. And the Horn is 3", wrapped in Mulehide. I have read a number of scathing reports on these saddles from a few years back. Seems they have improved their quality quite a bit. I have had mine now for a year, on really bad trails. Holds up well.