Sign in to follow this  
Appaloosa05

New stable RPG

Hey everybody, I'm new to the message boards and I wanted to start a RPG.

Rules:

no swearing or putting others down

No inappropriate or suggestive comments or horse names(in other words, keep all content G-rated).

no power playing

pics are not necessary for your horses

you may have any breed, color, gender of horse that you want(but no Unicorns or other fantasy animals)

you may ride in any discipline just be realistic

you may own multiple horses

to start out, describe your human RPG character and your horse(s)

Setting:25 stall main barn(stalls are 14 X 14ft) for boarded horses and 10 stall lesson barn(stalls are 12 X 12ft) for lesson horses. 10 2-acre paddocks and 5 5-acre pastures. Plus individual 12 X 24ft paddocks attached to the stalls in the main barn.

Name:Rebecca Harpster

Race:white

Occupation:Riding Instucter/Manager of the barn(Foxfield Farm)

Description: 5' 4", 140 lbs, with fairly long, brown hair with a few natural auburn and blonde highlights, blue eyes, not very athletic but loves to be around horses. Has a very fun-loving personality but does not purposely break the rules or do dangerous things.

Clothes: Faded Glory jeans and chaps when riding, horse decal t-shirt or sweatshirt

Vehicle: '98 blue Chevy pickup truck and '00 3-horse slant-load Sundowner trailer with living quarters Also a '95 purple Dodge neon

Background:Rebecca has loved horses all her life and always wanted lessons and a horse of her own. Her parents died in an airplane crash when she was 5 years old and she had been a foster child with a family for 2 years before they adopted her. The family didn't have much money but once she turned 14 they let Rebecca take a job cleaning stalls in exchange for lessons. She had been saving the extra money she earned by grooming horses for 5 years and finally saved enough money to buy her favorite lesson horse, Cowboy.

Riding experience:7 years of riding lessons, she hasnt owned her horse very long and Cowboy is the first horse she ever owned. Does have some experience training green horses but doesnt get the chance to school horses much. Prefers to ride English but has some experience with Western riding and teaches both styles.

Rebecca's Horse:

Show Name:I'm Justa Cowboy

Barn name:Cowboy

Breed:reg. breeding stock Paint QH

Color:Chesnut with a blaze and three socks, one on each leg except for his left foreleg

Picture URL: http://pics.horseland.com/pics1/horse1520433.jpg(This is a picture of the horse that I ride in lessons.)

Discipline:Hunter, Western Pleasure

What he's like:

Cowboy is a people horse. When other horses get in his space he often lays his ears back and lets them know they are not welcome. He does, however, have a nice personality and is well behaved, although he doesnt like to come in from the field. He isnt shown very often, he is more of a pleasure horse. he doesnt like to jump too much but when he decides to he has a very nice jump. He does like to take off too early when cantering a jump though. What he really enjoys is Western Pleasure although he isnt shown that because he has too fast of a trot.

P.S. Cowboy is 10 years old.

P.S.S. Cowboy is 15.2hh

[ 08-13-2003, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Appaloosa05 ]

Tara White

race: White

female

tall with long dark brown hair

Horse lover-what more is there to say!?

Jumper-has slightly been trained in dressage and has trained her one horse dawson

Dawson's Dream <Dawson>

5 1/2

gelding

quarter horse

chestnut with star

sweet but can be a very bad little guy

jumper in training-tara has taught him

horse2301569.jpg

Gold Dust<Dusty>

stallion

palomino

tb

is a sweet guy and is great with stressed out riders and horses

cross country and light breeding

horse2548229.jpg

Rebecca arrives at the stable at 7:00 a.m.; hoping for a few hours with Cowboy before her lessons start to arrive at 10:00. She grabs an apple from his tack trunk and heads out to the field where he is turned out. Cowboy hates to come in from the field so Rebecca always makes sure she brings a treat along. When she gets to the field Cowboy is way in the back of the field grazing with the other horses he is turned out with. Rebecca calls to him but he doesnt come so she walks out across the grass towards him. The sun is shining brightly on this late-September day and the leaves are just starting to turn. Rebecca admires the beauty of the day as she walks across the field. Once she gets to Cowboy and shows him the apple, he starts chomping on it while she attaches his lead to the break-away halter. She leads him into the barn. Attaching him to the crossties she starts to groom him, working at getting all the dried mud out of his chestnut coat. "You must have rolled in the mud last night", she said to Cowboy as she worked. "Oh well, before you know it it will be time to blanket you and you wont get quite so dirty". As she finishes Cowboy's grooming with picking out his hooves, she thinks about thier upcoming ride. Rebbecca decides to work on flatwork today, mainly some dressage moves that they have been practicing lately, such as serpentines and figure eights. Before Rebbecca bought Cowboy he had been used as a lesson horse but he hadnt been ridden much so he had lost alot of muscle tone. Rebbecca wanted to get him working to try to gain that back. Rebbecca finished tacking Cowboy and led him out of the barn...

Name:Crystal

Race:Native American

Description:short blonde hair, blue green eyes, sort of athletic, tanned skin, stands at 5'7, loves to be around horses, loves to take risks, but not when they are risks to her horse

Riding experience:7 years of riding lessons, Name:Rebecca

Race:white

Description:fairly long, brown hair with a few natural auburn and blonde highlights, blue eyes, not very athletic but loves to be around horses. Has a very fun-loving personality but does not purposely break the rules or do dangerous things.

Riding experience:5 years of riding lessons, 2 years of training

Prefers to ride Western.

Horse:

Show Name:Slingshot

Barn name biggrin.gifolly

Breed:TB/Qtr mix

Color:Chesnut with a blaze

Discipline:Western Pleasure, pole bending, barrels, jumps

Attitude: gets VERY nervous VERY easily, is an ex-race horse, only lets Crystal ride him

*the roar of a engine is heard as a red truck and horse trailer pull up, Crystal cuts the engine and gets out, she opens the trailer door and a chestnut tb mare backs out and crystal snaps the leadrope on her halter and ties her up, she gives her water and grain and walks over to Rebecca* "Excuse me? Are you Rebecca? I talked to you on the phone the other night. I'm Crystal White. The trainer."

Person

Name: Andre

Race: White

Description: Lives in Britian and races,she has blue-green eyes with, dirty blond hair wit golden blonde highlights, she is 5'5, age 15, and she races and does dressage, she owns stable in Britian with fater but is competing and staying at this stable for a little.

Horse: Sky dancer

Breed: Arabian/TB

Type: professional racer, mare

Height: 15.3 hands

horse2521950.jpg

Andre pulls up in her trailer with her butler driving. She pulls down the back get and lets out sky dancer. She has her butler hold her while she goes up to one of the girls and asks were she should put her horse for the couple weeks while she stays.And asks were is the person who owns the stable...

OOC: Let's insinuate that Tara has been taking lessons for Rebeeca OK?

BIC; Tara arrives at the stable at 8 o'clock. She walks to Dawson to give him his normal carrot treat. She crunches on her own carrot as she heads to Dusty's stall. After she gives Dusty his morning grain and hay and water she tacks up Dawson and heads to the ring to warm up..."Hi Rebbeca!" she calls cheerily to her instructor..She checks her girth and hops on. She begins to warm up thinking how high she should jump today..she would ask rebecca then..she sees a trailer pull up..then to Dawson"I guess we have some visitors.." she smiles and asks him to trot...

OOC:Is Crystal here to train some of Rebecca's

horses or is she boarding her horses that she is

currently training at the stable?

BIC:After riding Cowboy and cooling him out

Rebecca assists Andre in settling her horse in her

stall. Then she heads out to the ring to watch

Tara warm up Dawson. "He seems to be behaving

pretty well today" Rebecca says to Tara, "I think

we will try jumping him 2 ft."

OOC:Here's the info for the horse that Rebecca will be picking up soon:

Show name:With Hope

Barn name:Hope

Breed:Mustang

Height:14.3hh

Color: overo Sorrel Paint

Picture: http://pics.horseland.com/pics1/horse2407129.jpg (I drew this picture myself. What do you think?)

Temperament:Feisty, but loving and willing to please, very submisive to other horses, tends to get picked on.

Background:Hope has just been adopted by Rebecca from the BLM. She was rounded up 6 months ago. Before that she was wild.

Discipline/Level of training:In training for Western Pleasure./Halters, leads, has only been in a trailer a few times and needs more work on that.

[This message has been edited by Appaloosa05 (edited 12-13-2002).]

After teaching Tara's lesson, Rebecca went to talk to Crystal. "I am going this afternoon to pick up the Mustang mare I adopted. She is the horse that I wanted you to train. If you would like to come along you may, I may need some help loading her into the trailer."

*Crystal nods her head* "Sure thing. Just let me put my mare in the pasture." *she takes slingshot and sets her loose in the pasture, after putting her tack up, she walks back to Rebecca* "When do we leave?"

Tara cools out Dawson.."Do you think I'll be ready for that huge show coming up? I think I wanna try some hunter classes.." Tara looks up at Rebecca.."Also.Is there any thing you would like me to do? I could walk some horses feed or muck stalls, clean tack anything.."

*Rebecca thought for a moment, then replied to Tara.* "You could muck the lesson barn stalls, or at least some of them, the girl that usually does them is sick today and I was going to do them tonight once I got back and got my mare settled but if you want something to do you can do them. If you don't get them all done it's ok. Also if you could throw some hay out in the back pasture and make sure there is clean straw in the pasture shelter and put fresh water in the trough I would appreciate it. That way it will be all ready for when Hope gets here. And if you still want more to do you can make sure Andre is all settled in. Thanks alot Tara, it's so nice having you around to help, I wish all my students wanted to work as hard as you do. Oh, and as for the show, I think you could enter some classes. Just no jumping higher then 1.5ft. Dawson is still kind of young yet and you dont want to strain his legs. Maybe you could do one or two jumping classes and also a few flat classes."

tara smiles and starts to walk toward the chores waiting then spins around.."A new horse?" she said in sudden surprise....

Rebecca looks back at her, "didn't you hear?, I adopted a Mustang mare and me and that trainer Crystal are going to pick her up tonight. Crystal is going to break her in for me." Rebecca replied to Tara. "She is 3 years old and has a real pretty Paint patterning. I am thinking of maybe using her as a broodmare once she gets older, but for now I will be training her for western pleasure, probably I will be showing her later on."

After talking to Tara, Rebecca went to ready her horse trailer for picking up the mare. "Its a good thing this trailer has wall padding", Rebecca thought, "I think we may need it for this mare."

OOC :Dragon Lady-I hope you dont mind but I am going to post about Rebecca and Crystal going to pick up Hope

BIC:After making sure she had everything in the trailer that she needed, Rebecca went to find Crystal. "Crystal, are you ready to go?" Rebecca asked. "Sure," she replied. They both went out to the truck. Rebecca climbed into the driver's seat and Crystal sat in the passenger's seat. They drove to the farm where the adopted BLM horses were waiting for pickup. "How did you adopt her", Crystal asked Rebecca. "Well, I wanted to adopt a Mustang but there werent any auctions anytime soon so I requested pictures and info in the mail on some of the horses they had available and I picked her out. I wanted a horse that wasnt very far along in its training because I wanted to know exactly what kind of training it would have. That way I would know that she was never treated cruely, or at least since she was rounded up." They found the pen that Hope was in and Rebecca signed the papers saying that she had picked her up, then they went to load her onto the trailer. To Rebecca's surprise, she loaded very easily, with hardly any trouble at all. Then they drove back to the farm and put her in the field that Tara had readied. They watched her for a little bit as she trotted and cantered up and down the fence line, calling out to the horses and exploring her new enviroment. "You know," Rebecca said to Crystal, "she had probably never been away from her mother until she was rounded up. Well, I guess she'll get used to it and make new horse friends, it'll just take time." "Yeah", Crystal replied.

OOC: Its kool by me! hehe

*Crystal watches how the mare moves, how she reacts to things* "If you don't mind, I'll start working with her in the morning. After she's settled." *she watched the mares every movement*

tara was walking Dusty around a little and when he saw the mare he whinnes.."O shoot!" she says.."Sorry!"s he throws to Rebecca and Crystal and she puts him away in his stall...

"No, I dont mind if you start her training in the morning. I think we will keep her turned out in the field when your not working with her though. The weather is still nice and I think she will like it better. Once it gets colder though I will probably bring her into the barn." Rebecca replied to Crystal.

*Crystal looks at Tara* "It's kool with me. Accidents happen." *she grins and opens the gate, stepping inside, the filla, running about, comes to a stop, looking at her, nostrils flaring and ears pirked, not sure what to make of Crystal just yet, but crystal just stood there, letting the filla look upon her*

Rebecca watches with interest as Hope seems to accept Crystal in her pasture and just continues to watch her curiously. "What do you think of her Tara?" Rebecca asks.

OOC:

Person name: Jessica

Race: White

Description: 5' 8", skinny, shortish dirty-blonde hair with silver highlights.

Riding experience: Riding since age 4, shows from age 10, training her own horses for 2 years.

Horse name: Classified Information

Height: 16 hands

Breed: Irish Draught/Thoroughbred

Temperament: Calm, but mischevious.

Training level/discipline: In training to be a steeplechaser.

-

Horse name: Boromir

Height: 16 hands

Breed: Hunter

Temperament: Agressive, and sort of nervous, another horse who will let only one person ride him (me! [big Grin] )

Training level/discipline: A steeplechaser for 1 year, has won 3 blue ribbons in local shows.

-

Jessica drives up in a blue Durango with a blue horse trailer on the back.

"Hmmmm" Tara thinks..."I think she's very pretty and has nice confomation..I think you've found a good horse.." she smiles slowly at Rebbeca.....

Name: Ren Tyler

Race: 1/4 Cherokee

Sex: girl

Height: 5'7''

Appearance: tall, dark skin(Cherokee), pretty, long black hair kept in ratnest below riding helmet, dark brown almost black eyes,

Clothes: faded grey tank top (non revealing) used pair of jods

Siblings: Caleb

Vehichles: '93 black Dodge truck and shares 4horse silver gooseneck trailer with brother

Personality: (This will be me!) hilarious, spastic, joking prank-puller, will do almost anything for a laugh, very upbeat, often sarcastic

Sport: stadium jumping

Name: Complete Chaos (Chaos)

Breed: TB/Dutch Warmblood

Sex: gelding

Height: 16.3hh

Color: chestnut

a>

Name: Caleb Tyler

Race: 1/4 Cherokee

Sex: guy

Height: 6'1''

Appearance: tall, dark skin(Cherokee), pretty, dark brown almost black eyes,

Clothes: faded grey tee shirt, Wranglers, hat

Siblings: Ren

Vehichles: '96 red Ford truck and shares 4horse silver gooseneck trailer with Ren

Personality: quiet, reserved, funny when speaks, don't tick him off!

Sport: bull rides and ropes

Name: Painted Sky (Sky)

Breed: QH

Sex: gelding

Height: 16hh

Color: brown

-

[ 12-19-2002, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: AKnackForRiding ]