Sign in to follow this  
Scotlands_Gemster

A Scots Quair

ooc: Sorry Lydia. Knew I'd end up forgetting someone. Ok your charries where told to go with Nial.

Micheal walked down the road to where in ended, the sandy shore leading to the start of a huge Loch, dotted with islands, the far end of it out of sight. 'The isle nearest, its 50 metres oot, or there abouts' he said. He then turned and looked at Kali. 'Go on then quean, swim' he said to her.

Daoine walked over to a box of helmets. She shifted through them until she found one. 'Here see gif this fits' she said holding it out for Garrett.

'Weel, we hae a job tae dae, but this could be interesting. I'm gaun tae watch' Gordon said to Daren and Juan.

'I assure ye I'm nae joking. Go on city quean. Get swimming' Micheal said, his face and tone showing he was dead serious.

Kali sighed in defeat. She stripped her sweater off. "In my cloths?" She asked, not bothing to wait for an answer, she dove in. It hit her like ice, she muffled a scream and came back up shivering.

underwater, it was so quiet, she could stay under forever.. Exept it was cold, very cold... And her lungs where running out of air.

"Where?" She called shakily, looking up the short drop. She wasn't going to chicken out.

[ 09-12-2004, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Nickers ]

'Ye donnae ave tae wear it if ye donnae want tae' Daoine said grabbing her own helmet, a rather battered velvet hat, which may have once been black but now turned brown with dust and dirt. Jist donnae sue me if ye fa an brake yer heed' she added looking at Garrett.

'Tae the isle, and back. Then we'se see hae cantie ye are' Micheal replied smirking.

Garrett looked up at Ranger. "He's not that big." He said as he stretched his left foot up to the stirrup. Garrett managed to jump on his right foot a few times and propel himself towards the saddle. "Oof." He said as he landed on his stomach, sprawled across the saddle. Not about to admit that Daoine had been right, Garrett grabbed a chunk of Ranger's mane and pulled himself up into the saddle correctly, ignoring the pain that was now shooting through his left leg.

Kali wanted to turn back, right then.. She was shivering, her whole body was numb, she felt sick.

"No.." She wispered, "They'll think I'm a wimp.." She told herself. And continued swimming, the island seemed so far away.

Lachlan moved to start up the boat. 'No lad, lessons must be learned' Micheal called noticing the movement. Lachlan sat down again, eyes never leaving Kali.

Daoine shook her head. 'Ye sure ye donnae wan that helmet?' she asked though she already knew the answer.

Garrett's eyes flashed for a moment. "I said I didn't want it. If I change my mind I'll let you know." He said gruffly, his voice rather intimidating when he wanted it to be.

Garrett didn't say anything as he fiddled with the stirrup leathers, feeling extremely unbalanced as he had to lean over slightly. After a bit he had them adjusted comfortably; the left stirrup two holes shorter than the right.

Daoine watched, on one side so didn't notice the difference in length. 'Ok, squeeze to make him move up a pace, pull back on both reins to stop, one rein to turn but be gentle with his mouth' she said once he was finished. She wasn't particuarly worried. Like all trekking horses Ranger would just follow on behind Tp, no matter what Garrett did.

Daoine squeezed Tp and walked forward out the stables, setting off up along the road towards the farm, her signals almost invisible, as she relaxed, truely comfortable for the first time that day.

Garrett pressed his legs against Ranger's sides. He was surprised at how hard it semed to keep his balance at such a slow pace. Finally, Garrett managed to get the hang out it a little more; ralaxing a tad as he sat back in the saddle.

Kris looked at the water, remembering what Kali had said about it. She shivered at the thought of becoming enclosed in an ice cube... in the water.

"Aww, heck, I can swim to that island faster than that!" Chris taunted Kris, having seen her tremble. "Hahaha!"

Daoine didn't bother even trying to make conversation. The city boy had been nothing but rude to her in everything she'd ever said so why should she even try. Inside she knew she hadn't exactly been nice to him, but she wasn't admitting that to herself.

'Ye wannae join her?' Micheal said wheeling round on Chris.