Sign in to follow this  
Scotlands_Gemster

A Scots Quair

Daoine rode back to the path in silence, apart from the occassional command to Mist. As they reached the part of the path where they had to desend she halted, staring down at the village. 'I won't' she whispered.

Garrett really didn't know what to do...no way he was going to ask this girl what was wrong when he'd just met her. He shifted in the saddle slightly, and began rubbing his sore leg.

ooc: woooo 8000 posts. Go me!

As suddenly as it had started, Daoine seemed to snap out of the trance. 'Sorry' she muttered, glancing briefly at Garrett before walking on, Mist driving the sheep forward in front of her.

OOC: Hey you noticed, lol. Happy 8000! I think you're catching up to me.

BIC: Garrett followed as if nothing had happened.

OOC: gtg any minute now so bye, goodnight. *sad wave*

"Lets see you swim then.. Swim to the next island, which looks pretty much like 300-400 metres to me. You'll be dead before you get there. It's near impossible." She called over her shoulder, before sitting down on a log.

"I'm not going anywhere, Micheal, If I wanted to I doubt I could." She started shivering sevearly and put her head in her hands.

"Heck, I'm not gonna catch a cold in that water!" Chris yelled. "These people are crazy for making you swim, and you're crazy to have listened to them!"

'Right enough all of ye befae ye dae my heed in' Micheal yelled. 'All of ye back tae the hotel. Get yer stuff and find yersel an empty room. Ye'll live there fae noo on. Dump yer stuff then come tae the dining area fae lunch, unless yer wet in which case get yersel dried first then come fae lunch. First ae of ye that argues, swims twice tae the isle and back. Noo move yersels!' he said, his tone and expression showing that he really would take no nonsense.

Daoine rode back to the farm, and John came out to meet her, taking command of Mist. 'Thanks quean, I awn ye ae' he said. Daoine nodded and smiled, then nudged Tp on, heading back to the stables.

Garrett followed Daoine's lead rather clumsily, not letting his face show the pain he felt as his left leg hit the ground. Garrett stared at the stirrup leathers for a moment, but couldn't figure out what Daoine had done, so just left them hang down as he led Ranger into the barn.

OOC: We'll have to be careful not to leave Lydia behind.

ooc: I know, I'll keep them at lunch until she posts

Daoine retied Tp, and quickly untacked him, putting his tack away, again not seeming to notice Garrett as she worked away, quietly, quickly, and very confidently.

OOC: I was going to suggest something to that affect - you seem to be getting better at reading my mind. [Razz]

BIC: Garrett wasn't nearly as confident as he took care of Ranger, but didn't let his unsureness (that a word?) show. He untacked, setting the saddle on the ground.

Daoine brushed, quietly muttering to Tp, a small smile on her face as she worked. 'Daoine!' a harsh voice called from a distance. Daoine froze, paling as her expression changed, only one word could describe it, fear.

OOC: Dan's getting on at 5:30.

BIC: Garrett stiffened, his senses on full alert. He'd learned that when someone else was scared, it was best to pay attention to what was going on.

OOC: Yeah I know, I'd rather stay on 'til you have to go. But if I don't let him on then he won't get any time before we leave for church.

BIC: Garrett just watched Daoine.

Kris walked back to the hotel and found herself a halfway-decent room. She dumped her bag in one corner and washed her face. Then she hurried down to the dining room. She'd always been hungry since her parents... This was no exception.

Chris had sauntered into the hotel and took the room next to Kris's. He ignored her and tried to sneak out of the hotel without being noticed.

Kaid, went to lunch, while the sopping wet Kali, walked up to her room. She saw Chris,

"I wouldn't sneak out if I where you. unless you want to swim, it's very refreshing, though, I only talked back to them.. Imagine if you tried to sneak out.." She said with a smirk.

OOC: [big Grin] I'm back! [Razz] Took a little while, I know. An I didn't bother to read the 5 or 6 pages in between, so here I am. [Roll Eyes] If I post something stupid, I'll edit it later.

BIC:

Spencer and Hoshi follow Nial to wherever they were supposed to go.

OOC: [big Grin] Nice and non-commital.