Sign in to follow this  
JAGwebbie

Boredom becuae Horseland is down and no one else seems to be on...

OOC: lol I know. And like I said, I want to wait a year as well. It would be too soon for them to get married now.

And that hint wasn't only meant for you. [Wink][Razz]

BIC: Monty continued herding the main group of cows, not wanting them to follow the rebellious steer.

OOOC: Well, Megan, Mike and Jessica are getting married, so I think Sean and Rebecca could wait a little. [Razz]

BIC: Riordan is where he wants to be in approximation to the bull. He manages to get him turned around a little.

"Drat." Monty muttered as a cow and calf broke away from the herd. He sent Tocho after them, while still trying to keep the rest of the herd in line.

Liberty scanned the horizon, a hand to her forehead, sheilding her eyes from the sun. "I'm thinking they should be in site by now..." She said quietly, glancing at Jen and Conall.

OOC: Oh so that's your excuse... [Razz]

lol j/k, I don't think Sean or Rebecca are really anywhere close to being ready for marriage...especially not Sean. [Wink]

"Yeah, unless they're having troubles." Jen drawls cheerily. She grins.

Riordan manages to get the bull back in the herd.

"Oh, alright..." Jen sighs, rolling her eyes and grinning at Conall.

Riordan flicks his whip a few times behind the things that give us Vitamin D milk, keeping them moo-ving to the small pen.

Jen looks up as she hears the herd approaching. "Aw, guess we don't have to go looking for them after all, huh?" She looks at where Guess is tied, and makes sure he's secure.

lol

With Elildh's help, Monty gets the cow and calf back where they belong, then turns Tocho behind the group, driving them on.

Liberty watches silently as dust clouds appear in the distance.

As the herd gets closer, Jen opens up the gate, and waits for them to come in.

Riordan flicks his whip once more, and the herd starts pouring into the small pen.

Monty rides on the side of the herd opposite Elildh, pushing Tocho into them to narrow the stream going into the gate.

Liberty helps shoo the cattle into separate, smaller pens.

Jen sees that the others have everything under control, and she hops off the fence, going to check on the branding irons that are heating up in the small fire burning outside the pens.

Riordan brings up the tail end of the herd, keeping them moving.

Riordan grins and dismounts Apollo, ground tying him. He pulls on a pair of gloves and grabs one of the branding irons. "OK, we ready?" he calls to everybody.

Jen nods and uses a board to prod one of the cows into an even smaller pen, (like the ones at rodeos) where the cow has no room whatsoever to move.

Riordan takes the iron and presses it against the cow's hide. It smokes and the cow bellows for a few minutes, before Jen opens a different gate, letting the cow out in a completely different fenced-in area.

Riordan holds a bradning iron out to Monty and Elildh. "Who's next?" he grins.

"Oh, Elildh!" Riordan holds out anothre branding iron. "Your turn!" He grins.

Jen adds some more wood to the fire and puts some more irons in.

Conall nodded, and quickly walked to it.

Elildh took the iron and branded the cow, before shooing the cow forward. 'Whos turn now?' she asked.

Conall opened the gate, quickly shutting it again when the cow was through.

Liberty shooed another cow into the branding pen.

"Makes more sense to switch off occasionally rather than every time." Monty said. "Though I can do it for awhile if you want."

OOC: Ok, I can see this is gonna get boring if we try to do all 100 plus cows... Let's fast forward a little...

BIC: Riordan grins. "Who wants to get the last one?"

Jen starts to kick dirt on the fire to put it out.