Sign in to follow this  
JAGwebbie

Mounted Police RPG

This is a revamp of an RPG that's been around for a while, but needs some new blood. Please join!

In this RPG, you will play mounted police officers In Washington, D.C. The station is a new construction located in the middle of the city, and hides what could be considered a farm. There are a few acres of paddock space to let the horses get a bit of excersize, and a large barn with a tack room and a lounge. There is also a bit of office space. Now, while the area is a police station, all the horses must be under complete supervision at all time, because there is a chance they may be stolen. At night, the horses are kept in the barn, where each stall is securely locked, as well as the barn door, with a security guard keeping watch. There are more than enough stalls for all the horses there. And as with all jobs, there are shifts.

Officers take 12-hour shifts every day - 8:00 am to 8:00 pm (shift one), and 8:00 pm to 8:00 am(shift two). All the policemen/women here have been tranferred to fill up the ranks, as the department needs a lot of help.

You may have multiple characters, and every single character played will be on shift number one. Having multiple characters for seperate times will just get too confusing. Each character may have only one horse. There are no breed restictions, but please stick with breeds that would be good for the job. Please feel free to post pictures too. And all characters will be moving to the new facility from their previous placement.

The rules:

no pp-ing (without permission)

no god-moding (that's for something like getting shot in the head; no one would be able to survive it. But hey, your character can survive all sorts of numerous small wounds [Wink] )

no cussing (but words like dang and crud are OK)

I also have a little bit on ages:

23 is the lowest age possible. Any younger than that, and they would still be in some kind of training.

Ages 23 to 30 are still kind of new to the game, messing up every now and then.

Ages 31 to about 37 or so are an intermediate level, they know the ropes, but they don't know everything yet.

Ages 38 and up are old pros. They know everything in the book and then some, and end up helping out the younger people a lot. And the older the caracter is, the more experience they have.

~Stat Formats~

You don't have to follow these to the letter, but it would be nice if you did [big Grin]

Human:

Name:

Height:

Hair:

Eyes:

Body build:

Personality:

Came From:

Other:

Pic:

Horse:

Name:

Barn Name:

Breed:

Color:

Height:

Build:

Personality:

Pic:

~My Characters~

Name: Bobby Manning

Height: 6 ft 1 in

Hair: medium-dark brown

Eyes: greyish blue

Body Build: broad shoulders, fairly toned, big boned

Personality: Is serious when he needs to be, but would rather joke around a lot (which he does).

Other: From a rich background, surprised his parents when he wanted to go into law encorcement

Came From: Georgetown, VA

Pic:

-

(With his sister)

Horse:

Name: Many Long Miles

Barn Name: Miles

Breed: Palomino

Color: Palomino (duh! [big Grin] )

Height: 14 hh

Build: well-rounded

Bersonality: very calm, almost seems asleep half the time

Pic:

-

Name: Erika Wheeling

Height: 5' 8"

Hair: red, greying slightly all over

Eyes: brown

Body build: average

Personality: extremely intelligent, very motherly to the younger officers, never takes unnecessary risks.

Other: her whole family has worked with different law enforcement agencies all over the US - it's almost a tradition. Two of her children hope to get involved with law enforcement after graduating college. She has three children, one son almost graduating college, majoring in criminology; a daughter just starting college, wanting to major in forensic pathology; and another son half-way though high school, who is adamant that he will go to college and become an artist; Erika's husband is a paramedic with a local hospital and well known to the department - all of Erika's family members can ride too. (Wow, I just wrote a lot in there [Razz] )

Came From: Right from Washington, D.C.

Pic:

-

(With her husband)

Horse:

Name: Sincerely Yours

Barn Name: Lee

Breed: quarter horse/paint cross

Color: Skewbald Pinto

Height: 13 hh

Build: slightly chunky, but in an extremely endearing sort of way (she almost looks like a big pony)

Personality: almost flirtatious

Pic:

-

[ 03-22-2005, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: I am loyal to Boromir ]

OOC: And because of the image maximum thing, here's the second half of my characters.

BIC:

Human:

Name: Kennedy Berkshire

Height: 5' 12"

Hair: brownish-auburn

Eyes: hazel

Body build: toned, but fairly trim

Personality: a sweet guy, extremely attuned to people's feelings. Because of a slightly weaker constitution than most cops, he probably should have been a teacher. But other than being slightly squeamish around blood and the like, he's a great cop.

Came From: Philadelphia, PA

Other: Has a younger brother, Corey. There's a lot of family resemblance.

Pic:

-

Horse:

Name: Shot of Vodka

Barn Name: Vodka

Breed: Crossbreed, but with enough Arabian for it to show.

Color: Grey

Build: lanky

Personality: Somewhat sneaky, occasionally mean spirited (when he's had a bad day)

Pic:

-

Name: Corey Berkshire

Height: 5 ft 11 in

Hair: dirty blonde

Eyes: hazel

Body build: toned, but a little more streamlined than Kennedy

Personality: maniacally humorous, incesantly jokes around. Is really oblivious to people's feelings - he's more attuned to the minds of criminals.

Came From: Philadelphia, PA

Other: Kennedy's little brother, and a there's a lot of family resemblance

Pic:

-

His horse:

Name: Chaos Theory

Barn Name: Chaos

Breed: Appaloosa

Color: Leopard

Build: average

Personality: skittish, but guns don't bother him at all

Pic:

-

[ 03-22-2005, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: I am loyal to Boromir ]

Human

Name: Samantha Montgomery 'Shorty'

Height: 4'11

Hair: Straight sun bleached blonde hair that falls to her waist

Eyes: Clear blue

Body build: Petite, but surprisingly strong

Personality: Sweet, jokes around, serious when time needs be, entergetic, plays around

Came From: Manhattan, New York

Other: Comes from a rich background but hardly brings her home life up. Actually whenever anybody does she won't talk to them for a while.

Pic: None

Horse

Name: Simply Breathless

Barn Name: Danny

Breed: Thoroughbred

Color: Golden Chestnut

Height: 17

Build: Muscular, huge

Personality: Sweet, Willing, Loving, Tries his best to give you an easy ride

Pic: None

OOD: And becuase I like smiley faces ( [Embarrassed][Cool][smile][Razz][big Grin][Frown][Eek!] )

Here's the beginning of all the action. (Megan hurry and post so nobody takes your names!)

BIC:

Having arrived in the city a few days ago, Bobby, Kennedy, Corey and Erika are all at headquarters, getting ready for a day of work.

[ 03-22-2005, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: I am loyal to Boromir ]

Name:Nicole Hardway

Height:5'8

Hair:Blonde

Eyes:Brown

Body build:average,people think she is to girl looking and built to handle it but she can

Personality:Sweet,Outgoing,Easy to get along with

Came From:Mobile,Alabama

Other:Her dad was a cop and good one then moved to mounted patrol he was well known and then the family moved to South carolina and her dad died and she moved back here

Pic: -

Name:Skips A Million

Barn Name:Skip

Breed:

Color:

Height:15.3

Build:Stocky

Personality:Goofy, when not on the job

[ 03-22-2005, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: barrelqueen23 ]

Erika is brushing Lee , getting ready for the day. "Morning, honey," Erika calls over to Nicole, smiling. "Welome to D.C."

Human:

Name: Vidalia Mercer (Viv)

Height: 5'9

Hair: Red

Eyes: Green

Body build: Slim, not too muscular

Personality: Sarcastic and doesnt want work to be too dull

Came From: Nashville, Tennesse

Other: None

Pic:

-

Horse:

Name: Ace of Spades

Barn Name: Ace

Breed: TB

Color: Chestnut

Height: 16. 3

Build: A little muscualar

Personality: Nippy, determined and sometimes fiery

Pic:

-

Kennedy walks into the barn area where everyone else is. Bobby and Corey trail him, talking between themselves. Kennedy turns aside to go to Miles' stall, and Bobby and Corey see everybody else.

"Whoa!" Corey exalaims, looking at all the girls. "Where did everybody come from?"

Bobby grins, nudging Corey. "And they all look like they're around your age, too."

OOC: Just an FYI, for the sake of this RPG, there aren't going to be any really bad fraternization rules. Just no (really bad) PDA.

[ 03-22-2005, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: I am loyal to Boromir ]

"That's not exactly what I meant, but that works too," Corey says, in reference to Sam's being from Manhattan.

Bobby grins as he hears Viv. "Exactly what he said," he says, pointing at Corey.

[ 03-22-2005, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: I am loyal to Boromir ]

-Human-

Name: Jenna Wallingford

Height: 5'5

Hair: Reddish Brown

Eyes: Grey Blue

Body build: Although she is quite thin you wouldn't believe her muscles. She works out basically everyday and rarely uses her gun.

Personality: Jenna is kind but can be rough at times if you get on her bad side. She is outgoing and always eager for conversation.

Came From: Orange County, California

-Horse-

Registered Name: Sunshine

Barn Name: Sunny

Breed: Paint

Color: Palomino

Height: 16.1

OOC: I'll post later!

"Hey, I'm Bobby," Bobby says, grinning.

"My name's Corey," Corey says, "And the strong, silent type over there is my brother, Kennedy." He points at Kennedy in Vodka's stall.

Kennedy looks out of the stall, and waves once, smiling, before getting back to work.

"And I am the only one who really knows how things work around here," Erika laughs, still brushing Lee. "I'm Erika. And if you'd like, you can call me Mom."

[ 03-22-2005, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: I am loyal to Boromir ]

"Well, I'm glad we're all getting to know each other!" A new voice comes from the barn door. A tall man is standing there, his arms akimbo and a smile on his face. "I'm Joe McKenzie, and I'm the chief here. We're going to let all of you out a little later today, becuase I know you and your rides are all going to get used to the place. I know it's almost..." he looks at him watch, "Quarter of eight am now, but once you get all your things set up, we'll start sending you out to patrol."

OOC: I have to go for the night. You guys can keep playing, but don't leave me in the dust or anything [Wink]

"Nice to meet you all." Viv said smiling. She looked at Erica and said laughingly, "Well im starting to get a little home sick so I think I can handle calling you Mom." She smiled and nodded at the cheif. "Well my Ace is already ready, I rode him here." she said clapping her hands together.

Name: Mackenzie Steele

Height: 5'8"

Hair: Golden Blonde w/ Chocolate Brown Highlights

Eyes: Baby Blue

Body Build: Thin, Athletic, Very Strong

Personality: Outgoing, Sweet, Alert on Job

Came From: Washington D.C.

Other: Nope

Pic: Nope

Name: Inspirational

Barn Name: Indy

Breed: Quarter Horse

Color: Grey

Height: 15.2hh

Build: Stocky, Musclular

Personality: Calm, Goofy, Alert

*Mackenzie walked into the barn throwing the rest of her cappuccino in the trash. "Wow. where did all these people come from," she announced as she saw everybody. "Well, Hi I'm Mackenzie Steele," she said to anybody who was listening.

Kenzie laughed along with her then went to check on Indy. He came to the front of the stall and she pet him and gave him a horse cookie. She let her self into his stall and started grooming him. She turned around to see Indy with a brush in his mouth flinging it around. She went up to grab it then it slipped out of his mouth and it landed in the stall across Indy's(Vodka's).

Human:

Name: Alysse Brown

Height: 5'6"

Hair: waist length strawberry blonde hair, always kept in a braid

Eyes: green

Body build: fairly slim, average strength

Personality: kinda shy at first, but talkative once you get to know her, not a risk taker, nearly always follows the rules

Came From: Jacksonville, Florida

Other: best friend and three year partner of Mark; has been riding nearly all her life, though she never owned a horse of her own

Horse:

Name: Zip It

Barn Name: Zip

Breed: Appendix Quarter Horse

Color: bay w/stripe

Height: 16.1 hh

Build: muscular, has speed when needed

Personality: a challenge to ride at first, he likes to test you, but after you establish yourself as being in charge, he is very trusting and obedient

Other: doesn't actually belong to Alysse, he's owned by the mounted police unit in Jacksonville, but they're free lending him to D.C. so Alysse can ride him

Human:

Name: Mark Heron

Height: 5'8"

Hair: light brown

Eyes: dark brown

Body build: kinda stocky, muscular

Personality: fairly outgoing, sweet, enjoys a good fun joke, may bend the rules if he thinks he is right about something

Came From: Jacksonville, Florida

Other: best friend and three year partner of Alysse; just learned to ride when he signed on with the department

Horse:

Name: Fallen Soldier

Barn Name: Soldier

Breed: Percheron/TB

Color: dapple grey

Height: 17.1 hh

Build: big and intimidating all the way

Personality: gentle giant, not spooky, willing and obedient, loves being a police horse

Human:

Name: Keith Sanders

Height: 6'

Hair: very light blond with a few silverish-white hairs mixed in

Eyes: pale green

Body build: average, maybe just a bit stocky, very fit

Personality: down to business, doesn't waste time, quiet unless something needs to be said

Came From: Annapolis, Maryland

Horse:

Name: Rhyme and Rhythm

Barn Name: Rhythm

Breed: Clydesdale

Color: black with a wide blaze and four stockings that go past her knees/hocks

Height: 17.3 hh

Build: muscular, stocky (even for a Clydesdale)

Personality: bombproof...literally

very experienced police horse, she'll do anything to keep her rider safe

Mark pulled in the drive and slowed to a stop. Alysse immediately hopped down from the passenger seat of the truck and went to check on the horses. Zip was banging about and making a fuss in the trailer. "Oh cut it out you sissy!" Alysse exclaimed. "I'm coming I'm coming Mark can you give me a hand with this gate?" Mark grinned and came around, helping Alysse lower the gate.

Keith was already there, getting Rhythm settled in her stall. He talked soothingly to the mare as he spread another bag of shavings over the floor, then grabbed her two water buckets and went to fill them. Returning, he hung the buckets, and gave the mare a bit of hay.

Jenna had already arrived at the station barn. Leaning against Sunny's stall she watched as the mare at. After a little while she walked into the tackroom to retrieve her groomign kit and her police tack. Brinign it back to Sunny's stall she began groomign over the palomino's back. She was quite clean actually but Jenna made sure her white fur on her side was pure white. After throwing her blue police saddle pad on, she placed the saddle up and tightened the girth. Deciding she didn't need to put her bridle on right that second, so she haltered her and put her on the stall lead line. Letting herself wander down the aisle she ame upon Keith in Rythmn's stall and stopped to start a tad conversation. "Hello! I'm Jenna Wallingford." She grinned. She was quite outgoing and normally was always the conversation starter.