Sign in to follow this  
Banditt

Family Breeding Facility (Full!) Lovin, your needed!

"Ok so I guess I will start with the tack, then work someone," Addy mumbled to herself as she was walking over to the stallion's barn. She thought how great is was that the Ridge family consider her their own, she had know the family for almost ten years. She walked into the stallion's barn, " 'Ello Boys! Hows everyone doing this morning?" She got a few nickers in reply, then she walked into the tack room and picked up a couple headstalls and got to work.

The pounding of a hoof and a few snorts made Addy put up the two headstalls she had finished and she walked down the aisle to see who the culprit was.

She came to Jettin' Easy's stall, and he was pounding away. Addy liked this horse OK but it wasn't one of her favorites to ride. None the less she went and got one of the few western saddles and tacked him up in his stall. That was one thing Addy liked about Jettin' Easy, he was an easy stallion to maintain. She tightened his girth then held out the bit in front of his face. Jettin' Easy almost swallowed the bit he was so excited. She secured the bridle then lead him out to the arena, "We are gonna have some fun, eh buddy!" She tightened the girth once more jsut in case, the fitted her foot into the stirrup and swung on. Jettin' Easy took off a a trot, with his head held high, but Addy soon got him to lower his head some, so she could have the proper control. She kissed at him to make him lope, and started working on some figure eights.

Syd mounted Daz in the indoor ring, and begain to do some trotting, Moving her into a nice Working Tot. she posted the trot, and made Daz Tuck her head. She then asked her for a nice Canter, not to fast, but not to slow for Hunters. she took Daz into some figure eights doing flying lead changes in the middle.

She then pulled her down to a walk and gave her a big pat. she walked her a couple times around the arena before asking for a working trot again.

[ 10-10-2006, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: syds ]

OOC: Wow a lot has happened why I was away from a computer!

BIC: Sarah was in her office working on paper work as everything outside was being taking care of by her kids. She finished her last paper and checked her email which always was full of something interesting. After reading a couple emails she came across one from one of her closest friends who was a Pro Barrel Racer. The message was telling her about a nearby barrel race that many of the Pros were showing at on Saturday. She wished that she could go, but she was rarely able to get away from the farm or family long enough. Maybe she could get Cara or her husband to take over her chores so she could go, but she doubted it.

After finishing everything up, Sarah walked out of the office to see what everyone was up to. Seeing Cara scratching her eventing horse Joker, she walked over and set a hand on Cara's shoulder. "You have done such a good job with him," she said reaching forward and stroking the paint in between the ears. Cara was just like her in her training methods, paitent yet stern, which worked well with the horses. "Would you have time to take Chick out later for me? I'd like you to do some basic dressage with him like we have before," she asked knowing the horse responded better when barrel racing after a few dressage lessons during the week. Cara was the only one she allowed on Chick because of the horse's attitude. "And if your not busy in about an hour I'm going over to a nearby paint breeder has some nice two and three year olds for sale that I think would make nice western and english prospects. It would be nice to get your opinion," she said knowing Cara would give her another opinion beside her own.

(( yea i know what ya mean ))

Syd continued her ride, she really wanted to work day. Daz was full energy. she she kicked her into a nice working trot again. she Tucked her head, and continued to move her out a little more. she did some circles and such. and then kicked her into a smooth canter again, asking her to drop her head, she threw a nice buck, and Syd smacked her hard with the crop, but she continued her little show, Syd Kept riding it, trying her best to stay on.

[ 10-10-2006, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: syds ]

Addy continued with Jettin' Easy by cantering him in circles, then moving to barrels. He wasn't a barrel horse, but Addy was a barrel racer, and Jettin' Easy could do just about anything. She worked him for about another ten minutes and dismounted him.

The two walked over to the the stallion barn, and Addy untacked him, and put on his halter. She walked him out to a paddock. He picked up his head and pawed at the ground while Addy opened the gate and let him in. Jettin' Easy had a bucking fit. But what stallion wouldn't? SHe walked back into the stallion's barn and put up the lead rope, then walked to the mare and gelding barn to check on Cheveyo. She walked by Cara and Mrs. Ridge, "Hey guys," she said politely as she walked by. "I just need to pick Cheveyo's stall, then I will go finish the tack, and I haven't decided who else to ride." Addy talked to them while petting Cheveyo's face, and putting on his neon oranage halter. "Hiya Boy," she whispered to the horse while kissing his velvet nose.

Cara noticed her mom walking over, as she gave a pleased smile, almost prepared to lbush at the comment, for it was nice to hear something like that from her mom. Cara gave the horses neck ample patting, as she listened to everything her mom had to say, paying closer attention to it. Cara held a smile, for sure shye could never turn down a Dressage ride with Chick, it was an honer to ride her, knowing she was one of the few. But then moving on to the prospects, Cara had problem with either. She believes the kid's will be able to handle themselves pretty well, so it shouldn't be a problem. Her mom soon finished, and so it was her turn to speak. Cara thought for a moment on how she was to place it, bust soon began her own retort:

"Well, I have no problem riding Chick. I'll have to get on Joker at some point today. But I can ride him tonight when everything's settled, and before check. And I'll be more than willing to check out new prospects! Just get me when your ready to go!"

Cara said with a smile, as she leaned up against the stall, just enjoying her break right now, but getting ready to ride soon, though she would probably want to see if her mom wanted to watch how Chick rode. So Cara then continued:

"Well, do you want me to ride now, so you can see how she moves?"

Eventualy Syd got Daz to stop bucking. She kicked her into a canter again, and Daz threw another hard buck, but this time Syd came off. she landed on her shoulder, and quickly jumped to her feet, and tryed to calm her horse down. Easy Girl She cooed to the horse, who finally settled down and let her catch her.

She decided that was enough for today,and begain to walk her horse. after about 10 minutes, she walked her into the barn, and into the cross ties again. un bridling her, and slipping her halter on. she clipped the cross ties to her, and started to un-saddle her.

Rylee climbed into her year old roping saddle and led him into the ring and started him in a slow walk, moving him into a trot a few moments later. Blu listened to her, keeping a slow trot as she posed. Later, she let the calf out and Raced herhorse to catch him, sending the rope across the air, missing the calf. She stopepd ehr horse and spun him around. "Dang it." She pushed him back into the box and let it open once again, chasing the calf.

Addy brought Cheveyo to the crossties, and hooked him up. She then brought the wheelbarrow and began picking out the two piles of poop and a wet patch of straw. It only took her ten minutes and once she was through, she put Cheveyo back in his stall, "I'll ride you later, promise!" She petted her gelding's nose and then quickly headed off towards the Stallion barn.

She went immediately into the tack room and began cleaning saddles and headstalls. She got down one of the nicer roping saddles and started with it first. She throughly cleaned the horn and seat, and gently scrubbed everywhere else. She put back the heavy leather saddle and brought down another, and another. Within one hour she had cleaned six saddles and eight head stalls. She wiped her brow and walked out into the aisle. She walked down the right side, then back up the left, when she stopped at Panther 's stall. "You could use a little work, huh?" She grabbed his halter and a stallion lead rope then proceded to put his halter on. Panther would have nothing of it. His ears were pinned back and he was a biting type of stallion; A pity, becasue he threw such great foals. She quickly pulled the halter over his nose, but he shyied and got out, then bit at her shirt. "Oh no you didn't," she said angrily at the stallion. She tried once more and won the fight. she quickly attached the lead rope and led him out of the barn while grabbing a lounge line on the way out.

BANDITT MY ONLY OUTLAW

Ha ha Daddy tot he rescue! [big Grin]

Human Stats:

Name: Arron

Discription: He is tall, 6'0, black haired country gentleman. His stong figure makes every women envy his wife.

Personality: He is a true gentleman, kinda stern on his kids but everyone of them are his baby girls. He can be very strict on them but is usually relaxed and very down to earth.

Picture: Arron

History: He grew up in southern Texas and still has his deep country accent. He was a true rodeo boy and loved the life, he still does it but trys to help all of his girls succed at what they want to do before he goes back to the rodeo.

Other:

Horse Stats:

Barn name: Jr

Registered Name:Flames of Desire

discription: His big muscular build makes him intmadtion to even the best of riders, his wild fire attitude make everone a little neasy when he is on the spot.

Personality: Rebel, Wild , unpredicatable, Daring

Quirk: He stricks randomly at people expecially syd.

Picture: Jr

History: HE was born here on the ranch from his mare Desire Me Not and his stallion Guilty Flames of Rebel. He was raised by Arron and trained by him.

Other: THe only person who he doesnt test is Arron and for some reason he doestn test Rylee. These are the only two people that Jr. Listens to perfectly without question.

Horse Stats:

Barn name: Desi

Registered Name:Desire Me Not

discription: SHe is a well built paint mare that has alot of color and knows how to use it.

Personality: She is a calm, easy going girl to a cow comes into the picture. Then she is pumped and hard to handel

Quirk: she rubs against you during halter class and after a show

Picture: Desi

History: SHe was bought for a prgect horse for arron to break and resale, but he had gained alot of love for her and just couldnt sell her.

Other:

Horse Stats:

Barn name: Rico

Registered Name: Guilty Flames of Rebel

discription: He is one heck of a stud, he is alot like his son, but boy does he have attitude.

Personality: He is nothin but alot of trouble, he has speed, and attitude and boy if he doesnt want to do it he has power! He's got a sweet side on occasion but dont let it fool you when that saddle goes on be prepared for full force.

Quirk: He likes to Stomp his feet in the chute.

Picture: -

History: unknown becuase he was given to arron after he put his rider in the hospital when he was 6.

Other:

Rylee did a few more runs, missing the calf everytime. "Dang it" she groaned, stopping her horse again. This was the first time in a long time she hadnt got the calf. "I need Ronny" she told her gelding, who bobbed her head and moved into a trot when she squeezed gently on his sides. His head hung about shoulder hieght as he trotted, snorting as the calf ran around the ring. Her father got her into riding, especially roping. "Where is he?" she asked herself allowed, stopping her horse and turning him on his haunches.

Pulling up in his truck arron had to go away for several weeks, and was just getting home. HE was going back east to help his father settle ranch issues. Killing his engine arron hopped out and seeing rylee in the arena he smiled and walked over to the arena. "Roll your wrists, it'll help" he said in his think country accent. KNowing his daughter's back was to him but he saw her miss the lsat calf as he pulled up. He had dearly missed all his girls and his wife but he really missed Rylee. She was daddy's little girl, and he had taught her to rope and knew that she could go far doing it. Alot of people questioned him on how he could do it with 7 girls and no boys but he loved every minute of it. He gets the chance to play the big mean dad 7 times a few of which he already has.

Rylee turned her gelding around, Blu standing there. ""I have been doing that, it still dosent work.." she groaned, moving her horse closer to the fence as she side passed him so he was allined with the fence. "good to see you" she siad, sticking her hand out. Blu turned his head and nickered, then blew, whichwas his way of saying hi.

OOC- got to go to bed lovi reply and ill reply tomorrow sometime, nights all!

"Yeah well when i just watched to were doin this" he said tossing pickin up a make belive rope and flapping his hand in the air. Arron laughed "I am really gunna get that calf like that aint i" he said smiling. "Hey blue" he patted the gelding's neck. Comeon cool him off go get Desi and i'll get Jr and we'll show this cow what happening" he said with a laugh "You may be haven a bad day but that rope thowen better improve missy" he smiled and looked at the calf who stood on the egde like he was bored. "YOur never going to place at the show next week if your thrown like that" he laughed and headed to the barn to find the rest of his girls...

Rylee moaned and hopped off her gelding. She hated how her dad procrastinated her tossing of the rope. She led the gelding out and cooled him off, going to get Desi after she got rid of her gelding, putting him in his stall.

OOC- ok really bye bye Lovin.. lol

Taking a step into the barn the aroma of the horses filled Arron's head. He inhaled and exhaled with relief. He was home and glad he was to be. He had been away for a month and a long month at that. Everyday was an actuvity to activty at his dad's place. He didnt relize how much fun he had at home just bein with his family and being away from that showed that outside of this place he was practically worthless. He watced two familiar faces near Joker's stall he grinned. Slowly walking over he leaned to where Cara and Sarah's ears were"BOO" he said with a laugh and kissed His wife's cheek and smiled at hios daughter "Joker's lookin good" he praised and watche the bustle around the barn. "Hows everyone?" he asked them before he walked off to go find the rest of his crew and get Jr. . .

OOC| *Ish absorbing specialness* xD I feel special lol. I'm one of the only other people who get to ride her horsie.. WEE! xD

BIC|

Upon waiting her response, Cara just gave Joker a final pat. His muscles were and easy feel in his neck, seeing she focused more on their Dressage training, rather than their cross country. Although Cross Country is fun, most people don't seem to understand that Dressage is 70% of their score, so if you don't get a good placement in that, than you had better have a fast horse. And this show's another good reason for Cara's hard work in the particular dance. Joker isn't the most grand distance horse, and although they go fast, it's not to speed for he needs the energy to clear the enormous fences that guide their way toward the finish. If they can get pasted the Cross Country, than they are pretty good. Cara just has to remember the darn Stadium Course, and ride better over fences than usual, seeing Joker just goes off and dies what he can to clear them. Which means, most of the work. But she really couldn't have been matched with a better horse. But moving on.

As a breeze blew past, as did a lock of hair, and as Cara went to tuck it behind her ear, out popped a boo. With a small jump, Cara hand just raised, and gave him a back on the back of the head, not exactly hard, but not soft. In the mean time, Joker just jerked his backwards, even if he knew he was coming. But he settled back down, enjoying the many pats and rubs he was receiving. As Cara just focused on returning to reality, she heard his compliment on Joker, and she gave him a warm smile as well, before looking to the beast, and just screwing around with his forelock:

"Thanks. But honestly, how would you know?"

She spoke with a ring of laugh nearing the end, seeing he would know hardly anything about the Eventing sport, or what pieces are in it, but hey, that's fine. But Cara began getting a very good idea of just splattering out a mesh of words sampling about it, but she really didn't have the time to cause confusion now. So with the given moment, Cara drifted off, and went finding Chick. Cara's eyes soon landed on the painted creature that stood not far down the aisle. Cara moved over, greeting him, but instead got her usual personality, which was a stubborn hard head who couldn't resist putting his ears back. Cara just gave him a pat anyways, ignoring any rough 'emotion' that gelding chose to give. So once she made a half way decent friendship with him, she just walked right on to the tack room once again, hauling out her brush tote, her Dressage saddle, pad, and girth. As well as her spare Dressage bridle, for these occasions.

Cara returned, settling the gear on a lift up saddle stand that hung just off the edge of the stall, as well as putting the bridle on another horses halter hook that was currently empty. Before beginning, she just grabbed her whip, helmet, and gloves that were some what near Joker's stall, moving them down to where she was now, being sure everything was in hand before they started out to the ring. Cara then found his halter and lead shank, as she unlatch his stall door, and slipped in beside him, quickly, yet carefully bringing the halter over his head, and latching it. She lead him out to the nearest cross ties to start their unhappy relationship, seeing Chick knew she was going to work him. Cara took out a curry hand, slipping it over her right hand, as she held a soft brush in her left. Multitasking, something she couldn't always do, but in this case, she had no problem proceeding through. Chick just laid his ears, and tried nibbling on the cross ties. His hind feet stomped, but from past experience, he knew very well that kicking Cara, he would get the returned favor and have his butt kicked. So she just ignored his antic's, and life went on. It wasn't long before his spotted coat was clean, and she moved on to picking out his hooves. Cara did this quickly, by using a Thoroughbred Track picking style. She resided on his right side, lifting his hoof and picking and brushing, though hardly anything was there. So once her set that down, Cara grabbed the opposite food, but stayed on the same side, and lifted it with a gentle squeeze of his fore cannon, and she picked and brushed that side as well. Cara move don, repeating the same for his hind legs, before stretching out. Gah, what picking can do to your back. She shuffled her way over to the tote again, grasping a hold of a mane and tail brush, as she went from forelock, to mane, to tail, and soon the horse was spotless. She returned the brushed the nylon bag, and moved for the tack.

Cara settled black, form fitted saddle pad. It was equipt with much fluff on the bottom side for comfort and temperature management, also, for training in Dressage it's better to use a shaped pad, for your aids are more compatible with the Equine. She made sure the girth loop was lined accordingly to the brisket, for proper fit. Soon enough, she settled the bates Dressage saddle down on the pad, and slipped the billets through the girth hole, and then vel-crowed the billet strap to the first billet. She repeated the same on the reverse side. Cara then attached the girth on the right, and moved along and did the same for the left, leaving it just a tad loose for the moment, as she left the right sides billets untucked for a tightening in the ring. With that, Cara slipped her SSG gloves on, which were a around the barn white pair, so she is constantly sure her hands are positioned correctly throughout the ride. She also rolled her hair up, putting the net over her head, and soon placing a helmet on top. She didn't bother fastening it right at this moment. Cara then walked off, disappearing into the tack room, as she took out 4 white polo's from her polo rack, which held multiple colors, but mainly white. It shows you how close your horse is actually stepping, and giving you an idea on how to avoid clipping their pastern and fetlock joints. So returning, Cara carefully wrapped Chick's legs, and by now he had calmed down, seeing the saddle was already on him there was no turning back. So one leg at a time, Cara added a touch of perfection to the wraps, always extremely careful with them. So once all four leg's were finished, she took a firm hold of the double bridle. Although many rider's don't usually ride with these unless the horse is in top Dressage, or at least Third Level, Cara did for her own practice, and for the proper advancement of the horses techniques. So she dropped the ties, and slipped both reins over his head, before moving on to deducting the halter, and slowly bringing the to bits to his mouth, which was a lot at once to the horse, but that's why you take it slow, one at a time. Which was the 4? inch Snaffle, and a 4 and 3/4 inch Pelham. Once he accepted both, Cara just slipped his ears into the bridles 'inner-circle' (xD), and then fastened the throat latch, and nose band to a comfortable fit, before grabbing her whip from the side lines, and just saying out loud:

"If you want to watch, I'll meet you out there."

Cara gave a nod, and moved on, giving a light tug on one rein, not to cause much distress in his mouth, yet also not disobeying the Dressage rule, which was absolutely no noise. So Cara just gave the horse a few occasional pats as they headed for the indoor ring, seeing it was cleared from any other riders('eh?), as well as any jumps. So stepping in, Cara tightened his girth 3 holes, and then tucked the billet into the fuzzed up girth, before soon running the stirrups down the leathers, and walking him around to the mounting block. Cara was probably the only one to use these, but what do you expect. She would rather take the easy way onto a horse, and not hurt their backs at the same time. Seeing mounting from the ground shifts their spines, and can cause later arthritis, or worse. So in she lined him up with the green three stepper, and then slipped her left foot into the iron, and swung her right leg over, fixing her right boot into the iron as well. Currently on this saddle she had her Herman Sprenger jointed stirrups on, seeing they help your position more. Though through competition this upcoming weekend (Or I'll delay if needed.(FairHill)), both saddles will be equipt with these, for heels are an absolute must in cross country, in case of any accidents, she really doesn't want to get stuck. Moving on. Cara collected her reins, and urged Chick forward more with her seat, rather than her heels. She began lowering his head down, and on the vertical, yet in a free, or stretching walk, so his nose is more toward the ground, than round.

Syd finished with Daz and out her back into her stall, she was tryin to figure out who to ride next. she walked threw the barn finding a nice middle aged horse named Sand Piper. Syd threw a halter on him and walked him into the cross ties.

she begain to give him a good grooming, she put his Lime Green Splint boots on, and saddled him with her Lime Green saddle pad. she put her IRH back on and begain to bridle him.

(( i dont know if i should make stats for him or not, since he is just another horse in the barn, but here is his pic!

Sand Piper:

-

[ 10-11-2006, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: syds ]

Reciving the pat on the back of his head from his eldest daughter Arron gave out a simple laugh. Finding his voice again he sighed "Cara Cara, I dont need to know about the sport to know these things. I can tell by the way everyone around here treats him and by the way you look upon him in an approving way. I rember a few times when you werent to happy with horses. Rember I rember Everything" he said with Smirk and a Raised eyebrow. Letting out a laugh he nodded looked into a few stalls "Thanks fo the hello by the way" he said sarcastically replying to her smack. Seeing Syd over in the ties with another familiar face he eased his way over there. "So who had stall duty?" he asked her seeing a few of the stalls hadnt had the new bedding down and they still hadnt been raked up. Knowing this was his coming home he ment it in a sarcastic way. He wasnt one to yell at his kids even if the chores wernt done right away, but instead he got disapointed. Which he had found out made his kids more willing to try harder the next time. He looked over the horse and peered down at Syd. . .

OOC| Don't you be dissing Cara's work yo! She's on double duty xD Because of lazy little people!

[ 10-11-2006, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Jockey_Heart ]

OOC: [Embarrassed] Sorry i didnt mean to! I promise!!! How could i dis Cara although she did just smack her dad... [Question] ... jk [big Grin]

Syd looked up after she finished slipping the Bridle over Sand Piper's head when she heard a familier voice "umm, i dont know, not me, i picked them all out yesterday!she said buckeling the nose band and thoat latch. "so whats ya been uo to dad?" She said looking at him. "i swear you get taller everytime i see you!" She said laughing.

[ 10-11-2006, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: syds ]

'ha ha real funny" Arron laughed a little and gave syd a hug. "Hey i am not goin' anywhere for a long time now. Grandpa's got everything squared away and right now i am stay'n home. I am missn' to much around here" he smiled and patted her sholder. "Thanks mabye i'll grow to be a giant and can watch over ya'll from Alamba" he said sarcastically. He let out a low laugh. "So before you feed tonight and bring in the horses i want YOU to make sure that all the stalls have fresh bedding and make sure there clean" he said and laid a hand on her sholder "Cara has enough to do around here and i'm not going to make her redo what she has done and i know very well that you and Ryllee probably didnt help her this mornin'..." he smiled and tuned on his heel and walked to the office...

"umm...ok..." She said grabbing Sand Pipers reins and headed off for the ring. she tightened his girth 4 holes and mounted him. she walked the ring first then procided into a working trot. she asked him to drop his head and tuck his nose. after working on the trot for a while, she asked him for a nice paced canter. After working on slowing down, she started taking him into figure eights, with flying lead changes. then pulled him down from a trot to a walk. she knew her shoulders looked horrible, but her right shoulder was throbbing from getting bucked off earlyer. she then picked up a sitting trott, and continued her ride

Sarah pushed her brown hair out of her face and behind her ear. She jumped when her husband came from behind and tried to scare her and Cara. She couldn't help but laugh at Cara's teasing since she knew herself that her husband knew nothing about eventing. She had studied many events so Cara and Syd, the two english riders of her children, always came to her for advice not Arron. She rubbed Joker's painted forehead and allowed Cara to go and get Chick tacked up.

After walking down the aisle greeting that horses and giving every one a treat, Sarah went and checked on Cara to see how Chick was acting. She watched from a distance not wanting to disturb Cara or Chick. Chick was being himself hard headed and stubborn just like usual, but Cara handled him like she would herself. She walked closer seeing Cara was finished and answered Cara's question, "Yeah I'll be out in just a minute. Good job not letting his attitude bother you at all."

Sarah watched Cara walk Chick out of the barn then walked over to where Arron was talking to Syd. She happened to catch him telling Syd that her and Rylee probably didn't help out this morning. She walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist then said, "Nice to see you, hun. If you need me I'll be in the indoor ring with Cara and Chick." She unwrapped her arms then gave Syd a hug and patted Sand Piper's neck before walking out of the barn. She headed to the indoor ring which she had saw Cara heading towards with Chick. She walked in and rested her arms on the rail then quietly watched as Cara began working with Chick.