Sign in to follow this  
Magikal_Wish

Blaketon Riding Academy

He joined her the tack room though had to duck slightly. As he listened to her mumble about what she would he glanced at the space in her built in tack room. His was big enough to fit him and his equipment but not another person unless they were completely squished together. As she said Pessoa saddle he quickly grabbed the rich leather saddle and balanced on his right arm.

"Hand me things for I am your slave at the moment," he said with a teasing grin.

He was used to helping people unload or load their tack and could carry a lot at once. Quick tack ups were his specilaty so the fifteen minutes they had until their lesson seemed like the world though to most it took almost a half hour to get everything set up.

DC had been groomed by his groom at his parents place that morning and his trailer had been cleaned by some of the stable hands so no dust and collected on him. Also DC was a clean home keeper and rarely got anything on him in his stall. So the only things he would need to do would be put on his black all-purpose boots that he used in lessons and tack up the seasoned gelding.

"Thanks Scottie."

Ally said as he picked up the saddle. Listening to what he had said, she grinned and began picking things up and handing to them, saddle pad, gel pad, girth, bridle, running martingale, and Fly's boots were all handed to Scottie. She then picked up her small grooming box and helmet. Turning to him, she nodded.

"I think that's everything outta here."

Eyes looked over Scottie and then looked down at what she was wearing and she quickly realized that she was still wearing her jeans, similar to Scottie.

"Are you changing into breeches for the lesson?"

She asked as she remembered half chaps, riding gloves, spurs, and a crop. Bending over, she collected the other items and then stood back up. After one last glance around the tack room, she decided that she had everything she needed, for now. Eyes met Scottie's gaze as she waited for his reply.

"No, I'll throw on some half-chaps. I'm to lazy to change today," he said meeting her gaze solidly

His arms were laden with things and he glanced at what she was carrying and a teasing smile came on to well tanned fae.

"Well I see why you needed me. You'd have to make about fifty trips out here to get all this stuff," he said teasingly shifting everything around so it was more comfortable to carry

"Are you going to change?" he asked with a small smirk on his lips and continued in a joking manner, "Because if you are you should totally do it now where only I can see it."

[ 11-05-2006, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: *Magikal*Wish* ]

Ally listened to what he said, only blinking once or twice as he spoke about how she needed him to help her carry. When he spoke about her changing and doing it where he could see, she shifted the items she had so that she could easily pick up her crop and smack him on the shoulder with it.

"Yea, I don't think so mister."

She said with a smile, trying not to laugh.

"And to answer you question, no, I'm not changing. Jeans and half chaps for me."

She continued speaking, still holding a steady gaze. Navy eyes seemed to be smiling or laughing, showing that she was in a good mood, glad to be back with her friends and joking around.

Rubbing his shoulder where she had slapped her he pretended to be hurt. At her saying no to changing he made a pretend puppy dog face which quickly melted in to a infectious smile.

"Hey, there will be no slapping with crops unless I have one," he said with a warm laugh

The things in his arms were well balanced but time was starting to run out for the lesson. His eyes were warm and happy full of energy. Much better then they had been that morning after leaving his parents. A small frown flickered in to his eyes though it evaporated in a split second to their normal friendly and warm mannerism.

Ally couldn't help but laugh at the disapointment on his face. At his words, she grinned and poked him with the crop several times.

"Alright, we've got about ten minutes till the lesson. I've gotta get my horse ready. Get outta the trailer."

She said, continuing to poke him with the crop in her attempts to push him out of the tack room. A smile remained on her face and in her eyes. Brown hair danced as a breeze blew through the area and forced its way into the tack room that the two stood within.

"Don't know if I'm quiet ready to leave just yet," he said yawning ignoring her crop pokes

The smile stayed as permentately plastered across his face. While tacking DC would take no more then five minutes in a quick tack-up; a good one would take pretty much the full ten minutes they had.

His tall frame was solid and had yet to move even with her pokings and his laugh filtered in to their conversation as he meekly attempted to snatch the crop with what little arm room he had. Juggling to keep the tack upright and grab the crop was no easy task.

"Oh my gosh."

Ally squealed as he insisted on standing her way. However her words all came out in one and her 'my' sounded like a cross between 'my' and 'me'. To top it all off, she was laughing so this made for an interesting word. As Scottie tried grabbing her crop from her, she stepped back yet contiued poking him with it. She then began jumping up and down.

"Come on Scottie, come on... let's goooo.."

She said, jokingly whinning like a four year old. Deciding to play with him a little, she smiled and spoke again.

"Leave the trailer and I'll change for you."

Ally said, her smile plastered to her face, eyes twinkling as she spoke and continued to play 'crop keep away' with Scottie.

Lizzy ignored the shenanigans going on outside and prepared her horse for the lesson. Flash stood patiently as she curried, hard brushed, and soft brushed him. She picked out his feet in a matter of seconds and was soon ready to throw his modest white saddle pad and beautiful Henri de Rivel saddle on his back. With the girth buckled and bridle slipped on, she stuffed her hair in her helmet and was ready to go. She checked her watch before walking Flash out of the barn and hopping on.

She guided him past Ally's trailer where Scottie's rear end was wiggling oh-so-temptingly in the doorway of the tack room. She eased Flash up close enough and...THWACK. She gave Scottie's bum a good one with her crop and immediately trotted off, giggling, to the lesson. "You'll be late, Scottie! Don't torture the poor girl too much!" Flash stretched down low to sniff the dirt road as they made their way to the ring. Lizzy patted him affectionately on the neck as he did so, very pleased to be back at school and back in the saddle.

Lizzy sat in the saddle and slowed Flash down to a walk as they approached the ring. She was surprised to find only Lexi and Prinz warming up inside. "Coming in!" She shouted as she entered the ring, waving to Lexi. "Looking good, girl!" She halted in the middle of the ring and made sure her girth was tight before crossing her stirrups infront of her and warming up Flash.

"Yeah...Define new.."

James stopped mid sentence as almost everyone left. He smiled warmly at Lizzy, deciding he already liked the 'Oh Great Masterful Queen of Fuzzy Slipperdom.' She reminded him a lot of Nina.

And then she left also, leaving him completely alone in the barn with a snorting, antsy chestnut gelding.

"..Right." He said to Geroge, grabbing the gelding's ear affectionatly again. "Everyone here sure sticks around."

He left to his trailer, ignoring everyone else fooling around, and snickering under his breath as Lizzy whacked Scott with a crop. Yep. Defiently Nina's long lost twin sister.

James did a quick grooming job of Gerorge, throwing the well-loved saddle pad and 10 year old Stubben onto the gelding's back with practice ease. Next followed the simple english bridle and snaffle bit, with not even a nose band to be accounted for. Finally, realitvely new half-chaps and a throughly scruffed helment completed the outfit, and James had swung on, drapped the reins over George's neck, hung onto them with one hand and set the gelding at a brisk trot twords the arena.

He carefully aligned the chestnut brute right inbetween the two lady's mounts, smiling at both of them in turn.

"Lovely day." he said, casually, and then his eyes locked on Lizzy.

"Why! Who are you, you exquist creature? You look much like this queen I met, once upon a time. She left rather quick, like everyone else. At least, everyone else shouldn't have left, but she was a queen, and I suppose she had a right to."

He paused dramatically, scratching his cheek. "Now what was her name? The Queen of Fuzzy Slipperdome, I believe." He frowned, and then flicked his blue gaze back to Lizzy. "Ever heard of her, madame?"

OOC: -feels dreadfully left behind- xD

[ 11-06-2006, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: The-Only-One ]

She turned to the other horses and riders coming into the ring.

" why thankyou,I dont believe we met."

She said to both of them.

"Im Alexandria Santini and this is Prinz.This is my first year at blaketon,really should probaly be a third year,but im a newbi."

She smiled while looking over at both of her fellow riders,and their beautiful horses.

[ 11-06-2006, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Luv2Piaffe ]

Lizzy giggled and looked over at James, waving her crop in a mid-air curtsy. "Ah yes, peasant. You have found her. The exquisite creature and her noble steed accept your lowly existence." She smiled nobly at him and caught sight of his blue eyes. Oh, those eyes... Lizzy got lost in her own girlish thoughts for a moment before snapping back to the present.

She picked up the reins and winked at James. "Really sir, you should prepare yourself for the lesson to come. I don't know what you've heard, but..." She executed a perfect canter transition from the walk on to the track before elegantly coming across the diagonal and halting perfectly square infront of James. It was like they had spotted a dime and decided to trample it's guts out. She raised her emerald gaze to meet James', licked her lips, and said, "I kind of kick butt."

OOC: Oooh, this is fun. [big Grin]

James blinked as she looked at him, met his eyes. He could almost see the dreamy look on her face, and he swore inside his head, cursing himself and the popular media. How come every time he even tried to make a girl feel like a princess, she ended up taking it as flirting?

The answer, he would probably never know.

He watched her show off, not critically, just following her across the arena with a his intense gaze. As she stopped, he dropped the reins over Geroge's neck, clapping politely. Once she spoke, he shrugged.

"I will not be warned, because last time I checked it wasn't about how good you are. Unless your into competing, over course." He added the last part swiftly, shrugging again letting Geroge walk, as the gelding willed. The chestnut brute snorted, lowering his head and blowing at the soft sand before tossing his dial skyward. James didn't even touch the reins, and just let the gelding do as he would please.

Scottie yelped slightly as the crop reached his butt from behind. He laughed lightly though it stung terribly. Laughing lightly at Ally's comprimise he stepped gallantly out of the trailer.

"You will not have to be taking your clothes off infront of me today my dear," he said with a light laugh and headed to the barn.

The lesson would be starting momentarily and he needed to get DC tacked up quickly. Setting Ally's tack down on a saddle rack by her stall along with hanging the rest of the tack up neatly.

He quickly headed to DC's and unlatched his door. Walking inside he led the large gelding in to the aisle way and ground tied the composed horse next to the tack room. Rummaging through his organized box he slipped on his half chaps and grabbed the creamy leather splints for DC and then grabbing his rich dark leather bridle he walked back to the aisle-way slipping the bit in to his mouth without an issue and tightened the bell boots quickly. Going back in to the tackroom he realized he'd grabbed all his all-purpose tack even though Thomas preferred the specialty tack. Shrugging he grabbed the comfortable lime green pag and his lighter leather saddle. Walking in to the aisle he finished tacking the patient gelding.

In all honesty DC wasn't a patient or well-mannered gelding in the arena. He was vicious and enjoyed being the center of attention, good or bad. Personality changed in a split second and he was ansty and difficult to control, especially for riders who'd never ridden him before. Scottie knew his habits, good and bad and could control them easily.

Walking in to the tack room one last time he looked quickly for his plain helmet. He rummaged through all of his tack looking for it, knowing that his time was beginning to run out.

"Good," Ally said with a smile as he stepped from the trailer.

She too, jumped out and began walking towards the barn. Feet moved effortlessly over the ground, moving swiftly, time was running out. As Scottie put her things down in front of Fly's stall, she smiled and set the things she had down as well.

"Thanks sooo much," she said, stressing her thanks to him. Without his help, she would have still been unloading the things she needed.

Lowering to the ground, Ally sat and put on her spurs and half chaps. Once the leather and suede Ariat chaps were on and zipped, she rose to her feet. Fingers tightened around a few brushes and then her free hand unlocked and opened Fly's stall. The gelding stood quietly for Ally and she quickly groomed him and tacked him up. Brown locks were pulled into a ponytail and tucked neatly up beneath her GPA helmet. Navy eyes looked over at Scottie, who was getting ready as well. She offered a small smile and then turned back to her horse, who was half tacked, waiting only for the bridle and his boots. It took Ally a minute or so to get the bridle on and all of the straps buckled. She then led the horse from his stall. Fly snorted and protested, but then stood and allowed her to put on his boots and touch up her grooming job. Gloves were grabbed and slid onto either hand before she lightly touched the white rubber reins she loved. Her crop was held loosely in one hand. Eyes flicked over the barn aisle and rested on Scottie.

"Ready?"

His green eyes landed finally on his helmet. Placing it on his head he secured it tightly and mounted DC in the barn. His stirrups were already at his length and the saddle was tightened enough to mount though would need to be tightened again when they entered the arena.

"Eh, if I have to be," he said with a shrug keeping the reins on DC slack

With a crooked grin at Ally he squeezed the dark chestnut in to a smooth walk down to the West Arena. Everyone else was already warming up though he didn't see Thomas anywhere which was a good thing as they would have been on time 2 minutes ago and Thomas was a stickler for being late. The gelding perked his chocolate colored ears towards the arena and immediately tossed his head in excitement.

"Easy boy, let's not embarss me in front of the new people," he said soothing the gelding with a light voice

Glancing behind him he waited for Ally by making DC walk slower and rounded his neck with a light shimmy on the reins.

Like Scottie, Ally mounted her horse in the middle of the barn aisle. Fly snorted and stepped into a walk, moving swiftly down the barn aisle after the other horse. Ebony tail flicked slowly from side to side at they made their way to the ring. A quick glance at her watch told Ally that they were several minutes late. Navy eyes met Scottie's gaze and she smiled when she realized that their instructor wasn't at the ring yet.

"We're so lucky," she said as she squeezed Fly into the ring. Eyes tore away from Scottie and looked at the other horses and riders, all of which were already warming up. Ally and Fly began walking around the ring, fingers loosely held the rubber reins as she waited for Scottie and DC to enter the ring after her.

The dark braided reins tensed slightly ready for DC to do his normal parading though the gelding entered in a calm mannerism and glanced around in a bored manner though his body was tense letting Scottie know he was ready. As soon as Scottie picked up a smooth trot around the arena a large crash was heard at the opposite end of the arena. DC spooked even though it hadn't really scared the dancing gelding.

Scottie glanced and smiled realizing it was Thomas slamming the gate behind him. The man was in his late forties and was internationally reowned for his skills. He sat atop a large German Warmblood whose ears were alert and Scottie immediately recognized him as Thomas' normal mount. The stallion had many titles to his name and had a prescence to him that screamed elegance.

"Hello. Welcome to Blaketon Riding Academy," said the tanned man with a perfect smile, his voice boomed around them from years of instructing, "Today will be the worst or the best of your life. Through the year we will be learning many things though today will be the most important of all..."

As Thomas continued explaining the rules and regulations of the camp Scottie mouthed the words as he said them having heard this speech more times then necessary. DC's ears were flicking at the familiar voice of Thomas and he let out a small hoarse whinny in greeting. Patting his neck softly Thomas explained that the lesson for the day would be all on form, form over jumps, form taking off, and form leaving a jump.

"You," he said pointing at Alexandria, "What is your name?"

It was just as Thomas asked this question that George had decided to act up. As soon as James had seen the old instructor, he had decided to be on his best behavior. Gathering his once loose reins, he had gotten George quickly on the bit at a stand still, and the gelding had stood patiently for the longest time.

And then, once George had had enough of standing around, even as Thomas was talking, the chestnut ducked his head to his chest, turned sideways, and gave once huge, monster of a crow hop away from the group, kicking out at imaginary enemies.

James exclamation was a cross between 'Oh shoot' and a laugh. Instead of hanging on and reining the gelding in, James grabbed a handful of mane and let the reins go lose of all things.

George took a couple nervous steps to the side, but feeling no restrictions to his movements he instantly calmed. Whistling a happy tune as if nothing had happened, James walked the gelding back to his place in line, got him back on the vertical again, and pushed his helment off his forhead, smiling boyishly.

"...Right." He said, meeting Thomas straight in the eyes, as if daring the instructor to scold him for his gelding's random misbehavior (James was still running over everything he had been doing in his mind, wondering how he could have triggered the gelding's outburst), "You were saying?"

Alexandria proceeded to walk her mount around the arena untill the instructor came in. She immediatly walked toward the middle and stopped her steed.She gave him a pat as listened to Thomas. She listened carefully to everyword he said and took down a mental note.

She was a bit startled,but proceded to answer the question Thomas gave.

"Alexandria Santini,sir"

She said with a bright smile.A little unsure if she may have done something wrong already. Her nervs were definitaly getting to her for some reason today.She worried about if she would fit in here or if she had already tried to hard,or if she hadnt tried hard enough.

Lizzy halted Flash in the middle of the ring as soon as she saw her instructor walk in. She made sure Flash was square before letting him bob his head a little. She did not stand on the buckle, however, seeing it as a lazy way to halt. She made sure her shirt was neatly tucked in, gloves fastened correctly, and everything was copacetic. Flash stood stock still beneath her, absorbing Thomas' words like they were meant for him and only him. Lizzy could only imagine what the gelding was hearing; "Oh, Flash. You look lovely today. Ready to show off? Oh, I know you are, you beautiful thing." A smile played at Lizzy's lips and she gave Flash an affectionate pat on the shoulder before giving Thomas her full attention.

Maddy unlocked her arms from around her legs and stood up. Gaining her balnce she slipped into Stealer's stall. "Comeon boy. Time to go have some fun" she smiled a tad bit. Jumping was always fun but would NEVER be the same without Dj. He had redefined jumping for madison. But she has high hope with stealer. Leading the gelding from his stall she tied him in the cross ties. Grabbing his gromming bucket from the tack room she started brushing him down After his black body glistened she diecided to go ahead and saddle him up. Saddling him up with her jumping saddle. After adjusting everythings she took just one step back. Admiring her quick skills and how neatly it was done. Content with what she had done she hurrid off to her trailer where she switched into her breeches. Leaving her t-shirt on becuase she wasnt worried with her shirt attire right now. Walking back to the barn where stealer had waied patiently. Grabbing his bridle from her bridle case she slipped it on him. Grabbing her black riding gloves and her certified helmet that had a slick black cover over it. Fastening hte helmet on her head she slipped on the gloves and unlatched Stealer from the ties. Leading him by the reins she headed to the arena.

Upon entering the arena where she had fallen she paused and took in deep breaths "If i dont do it now it will never get done" she mummbled repatdly. Those specific words were the words that had kept her striving through out her recovery period.Tossing the reins over Stealers neck adn laying them ready for use. Lifting her leg into the iron stirrup she grabbed ahold of a piece if black mane and hoisted her self on. SLipping hte other foot into the stirrup she took in grip the reins. Making a small little sound with a slight squezze that was almost invisble to the naked eye, Stealer picked up his strideful and energetic walk.

ooc Does anyone want to play Jezabella/Thomas? If you do PM me =]

Scott stayed in his corner of the arena listening to Thomas though not remotely interested in what he had to say at the moment since he said almost the same thing every year. DC toyed with his bit ready to be off though he stood patiently awaiting his riders instructions. As James horse went off DC looked at the pair and dismissed them easily as no threat and stood placidly which made Scottie more nervous then DC's normal behavior because it would be really bad if he became completely unpredictable.

Thomas glanced at James though didn't say anything though his body language said enough, more to the horse then the rider, get your act together. He managed a slight smile at Maddy as she entered the arena and didn't comment on her being late. Looking back at Alexandria he studied them for a moment as if deliberating on what he was going to say.

"Take your horse around the arena at a working trot twice, then get in hunt seat and proceed through the warm-up course. Cross, vertical, oxer, cross, vertical," he said pointing with his crop to the North end of the arena where the warm-up jumps sat none of which being over 2' then adressed the entire group, "After Alexandria completes her first lap everyone will follow in this order, James, Maddy, Ally, Scottie, and finally Lizzy. Work on your seat and diagonal while trotting and remember it's a warm-up keep a steady rhythm throughout."

James seemed to be concentrating incredibly hard as George shifted under him. The gelding seemed distracted and upset. He kept tossing his finely shaped head, bobbing the nose th his chest and pawing at the ground. James didn't tighten the reins, and instead gave the brute more slack as George kept pulling the bit farther and farther. James started to play with the reins, jiggling them and running them gently through his fingers, never taking all the slack out. This seemed to upset George even more as, accidently, when James had the reins the tightest he would allow them to go (which still had some slack) George jerked his head. The gelding bounced, pawing at the earth and giving a slight rear, still not settling, tossing his head back and forwards as if warding off invisable flies.

And James got off. He dismounted quickly, flipping the reins over George's head and going to his face, still leaving the reins loose. "What's up?" he asked the gelding, rubbing him right between the eyes.

George pawed once more, but seemed to settle, and eventually started making chewing motions with his mouth as James kept calmly rubbing his forhead. James tilted his head curiously at his best friend, and then, unashamed, turned to Thomas.

"He's freaking out." He explained to the older man, as if the instructor couldn't have seen. "I'm asking a lot of him for the first day. I didn't have time to get him use to the arena, 'tis all." He said, still unashamed at his horse's behavior, or that he had dismounted in the middle of class. Reins still in one hand, James put his hands in his pockets, rocking back in his heels, keeping a shoulder on George's. The gelding seemed to have mellowed out considerably, but was still looking wearily around.

"I pulled one over him mentally." James explained, still going. "My fault, really. Didn't play with him any first, and he was all mentally scattered. I reck' the only reason he kept up with this for so long...This, being me asking him to be on the bit and all...is because he's so emotionally stable."

James shrugged again, finished now, waiting innocently for Thomas's reply.

ooc you guys don't have to go in the specified order...just post your post and if people haven't posted in three days we'll assume they have left us =]

Thomas' harsh eyes got simply harsher looking at the young rider. His own horse hadn't moved a musle since entering the arena with the acception of his tail whisking away the few flies that haunted the horses.

"Do you agree that the horse's mood depends on the rider's mood? And if you do does that not mean that you yourself are making your horse like this? And if this is the case why bother to come and interrupt our entire lesson with your horse's misbehavior? Please just leave the arena and don't come back until you have calmed down enough to ride your horse," he said this very calmly and cooly and looked up at the rest of the riders, "Please begin with your warm-ups this is a short lesson and we don't have much time."

When it came to be Scottie's turn he squeezed the gelding in to a smooth, foward trot. Heading him towards the small blue and white striped cross. While the gelding didn't hesitate before jumps he still needed a constant leg or he'd refuse. Scott had learned this the hard way when he first began jumping him. Keeping his leg pressure thorough throughout the warm-up course he knew they added an extra half-stride between the final vertical because of the half-halt he'd preformed on the over-zealous gelding. Letting DC canter out a quarter of the way around the arena he pulled up with a slow even pressure. Bringing him back to the center of the arena he waited for everyone to finish and the next part of the lesson to begin.

James crossed his arms, glaring back at Thomas.

"Uh uh. You didn't give me a chance to reply if I agreed or not. And I do not agree." He said, as if he was explaining something to a two year old. "A rider's mood effects a horses mood only if the horse is think-ing." James enunciated the word. "If a horse is not thinking, because he is mentally frustrated by new surroundings and being suddenly made to mentally exert himself, and there is nothing a rider can do on the horse's back about it. I will, on the other hand, work with him on the ground until he is mentally collected, wherehence I will continue to ride the lesson as planned. You claim that a rider's emotions effect a horse's emotions...I previously stated George here is completely emotionally collected. He's just a bit mental right now. Don't jump to conclusions, aye? It's just NOT becoming. You may kick me out of this lesson, you may kick me out of this entire bloody school, but I HAVE MY HORSES BEST INTERESTS IN MIND, and as much as I might someday respect you, sir, I'm going to go with what George is telling me. Because I'd rather have his good will and respect then the good will and respect of some man I just met, and I'd rather save George's and I's relationship instead of tarnishing it in hopes of earning a instructor's good graces." James didn't shout the last part, but instead enunciated again.

Was it true? Had James just snapped off to the instructor?

Madison raised her hand in an apologetic way. She didn?t mean to be late, it was an accident and she had lost track of time. Picking up a soft steady trot around the ring she let stealer stretch and has his fun before the jumps. Listening to Thomas she nodded. She was second, and nervous. Playing the pattern; Cross, vertical, Oxer, Cross, Vertical; over and over in her head. Playing the pattern helped her relax knowing that if she had it memorized she wouldn?t screw up. Maddy kept trotting until James had finished. Watching James finish maddy gathered her reins and headed towards the cross jump. Picking up a steady a smooth trot, she prepared stealer for the jump. As they came just strides away, stealer grace a nice and gentle lift off as he tucked his front feet up and he pushed himself over the jump with ease. Doing this with the others until the last vertical. Feeling maddy tense up, stealer decided not to jump. Shying from the jump he trotted away and slowed down to a walk. ?I?m sorry boy. Let?s try it again? she patted his neck and asked for a trot again. This time having more confidence he jumped it clipping the top. Trotting away from it, maddy patted his neck.

A small smile appeared on Thomas' normally harsh face as he listened to James speak. The thing that he respected the most of any rider would be when they put their horse before themselves.

"Very well," he said the light, rare smile still on his face, "Please do what you need to do and we will regroup tomorrow. Everyone once you have gone through the warm-ups you may put your horse away and get unpacked. You'll have a lesson tonight without Jezzie please check the boards after you unpack for times."

After saying this he rode the large stallion away the smile had disappated and he rode out of the arena towards the small private barn.

Scottie dimounted from DC giving the gelding a pat on the neck. He hadn't even worked up a sweat with the short workout and he didn't know why it had been so short but he ran her stirrups up and loosened his girth with ease.

James smiled, and nodded his head back at Thomas.

"Right-o!" he said, and then did something even -more- unusual. He reached over Geroge's head and took the bridle off.

The gelding licked and chewed, bouncing his head as he got use to the feel of no metal in his mouth. James scratched the gelding's ears lovingly, talking outloud to the brute again. "We'll have you ready for the lesson tonight, won't we?" He said to the gelding, stroking the coppery neck.

James turned to the group, shrugging. "Anyone want to tell me where the lunge whips are?" He had a hand tangled in George's mane so the brute wouldn't get in the way as the other rider's finished up. Although, George had long since put his nose on the ground and looked sleepy, ears turned out and eyes drooping, so the likeliness of him going anywhere was slim.