Sign in to follow this  
rpaid dream

Hugo High School

Her mind was in agony as he went through a rollar coaster of emotions. She had known that it would be hard for him to process, but she just wanted an immediate reaction out of him, not one that he had time to think about. Her acute eyes watched the emotions reeling in his brain through his clear, blue ones. Out of nerves, she wrapped her arms around herself, her fingers gripping the leather of her jacket.

Ryker's first question was the one that she'd been trying to answer herself for the past few years. Why hadn't she told him? She was aware that the arguements she had for hiding it were weak; even in her head. The next question was less expected, how long? Wasn't that obvious?

"Since two weeks before I broke up with you. That's how long I knew I was pregnant before I decided to not tell you."

As he moved closer to her, she found it harder to keep her thoughts focused. She had to look up to see his face. The night before, in heels, he'd only had an inch or two on her; now he had nearly four. Lowering her gaze, Olivia found herself staring at the neckline of his shirt; it was a lot easier to face than his gaze.

"I didn't tell you because...because it wasn't something you deserved to deal with. You never deserved any of the crap that I put you through and I could hide this from you. And now," she said, her smile sad as tears formed and the lump grew harder, "Now you have someone who can make you happy and who won't cheat on you or throw children in your face after four years of being apart. I don't even know why I told you. You would've been better off not knowing."

His eyes followed hers as she watched him, trying to read her as best he could, wanting an answer out of her. There was too much going through his mind to function much more than that. He wanted answer now, one that would help him understand the stressful situation. He didn't understand why she thought she could keep it from him? Even though she could've, he didn't think it was right for her to hide something so big from him, especially since the kid was his as much as it was hers. He wanted to know what made her think she could do that to him.

Her first answer was a bit obvious, he didn't understand why he had even asked that question. Probably because he had been so flustered, there was barely time for his brain to think before he spoke. Still, it was good to hear some real answer come from her mouth, to know that she was actually going to tell him. Sighing softly, his eyes stayed on her face as she lowered her gaze and started speaking again. Ryker listened, his face fell again, hearing her words. It made he sad to see the tears welling in her eyes, but he felt like he couldn't be sympathetic since she had held something so important from him.

"Olivia, even if I didn't deserve it, it doesn't mean you can hold it from me. The kid's mine as much as it's yours. I'm glad you told me, if I had found out any other way..." he said, trying to keep his voice calm. At his last statement, he cringed a little, afraid of even thinking how he would've reacted if he had found out another way. Pausing, his eyes glanced down at the ground, thinking before speaking up again. "Are you going to let me meet him... or her?" he asked, wanting to know if she was going any where with this or just wanted him to know without a follow up.

Olivia felt the lump and the emotions deflating as he spoke. She was aware that Lucy was genetically as much his as hers, but due to her own choice, Lucy wasn't his at all. In her opinion, Lucy wasn't really his at all; she was entirely hers. His final comment was threatening to her. What if she had had Natayla or Brixon tell him? That would have made her life easier. What would he have done?

His question made her instantly shift into her protective manner. She would never want to hurt Lucy in any way, or do anything that would make their life confusing. Olivia frowned in thought and stepped away from him so that she could look him levelly in the eye.

"I don't know if that's such a good idea."

Ryker tried as hard as possible to keep his composure, his face as straight as possible with only the slightest bit of emotion shown. The last question he left her with made anxiety grow within him. He wanted to know if she really would let him meet the child. If she said yes, he'd be happy, and he'd get over the fact that she hadn't told him and now she'd at least let him back into her and the kid's life. If not, he probably wouldn't be able to keep his cool anymore. He probably wouldn't be able to stand her anymore and there was no way he'd be able to forgive her. It wasn't fair to keep the kid from him. Or at least he didn't think so.

As she spoke, his heart fell again and he clenched his jaw tight. He couldn't think about it much, he could only feel his angry rising inside of him. He didn't want to get mad at her ? he had been trying hard to suppress it ? but it was hard when she wasn't even allowing him to know much more about the kid. Now that she didn't even want him to see the kid, he didn't what to do. He couldn't hold his composure much longer.

"Well what am I supposed to do now? Know I have a kid, but not ever get to meet it? Olivia, it's not fair to tell me and then expect me to leave you alone. I can't ignore the fact that I have a kid. I don't know what to think. What am I supposed to do?" Ryker asked, his voice rising with a bit of anger. His eyebrows were furrowed and he could feel the anger inside of him. He wanted to know what she expected him to do now that she had told him.

Olivia watched him get angry. She saw every transformation running across his features. Her immediate reaction was to get angry too, but she was unable to make herself get angry at him. He deserved to be frustrated at the very least. Sighing quietly, she allowed him to say what he needed to say, her eyes watching him the entire time.

He made it sound so simple, like she was just being mean. Olivia had to tell him, he needed to know. But she was thinking more about Lucy than him. What would she introduce him as? Her friend? Lucy's father? It would be fairly complicated no matter what in the long run. What about later on down the road if Lucy wanted to find her father? She didn't know what to do.

"I don't know. You're acting like everything is black and white, but it isn't Ryker. I have to think about how this will affect Lucy."

She paused before going on, unsure of how to continue on with what she wanted to say. Olivia wanted him to know his daughter, that wasn't it, she just was trying to think about Lucy first. She reached forward to gently touch his elbow before continuing, just to make sure he was paying attention.

"It isn't because I don't think you don't have a right to see her, I do, it's just, how will it affect her?"

Ryker tried to be calm as he listened to her talk about how it wasn't as simple as he was thinking. When she finally said the kid's name, Ryker was taken aback by the whole situation. She had finally told him the gender and name of their kid. It was a bit surprising to hear her tell him so suddenly, but it was relief to know finally. It hurt a bit to have her tell him without some introduction, but whatever. He had to get over he could try to understand the situation.

When she reached out to touch his elbow, he felt himself pull away from her, not wanting her to touch him when he wasn't in the best of moods about what was going on. He didn't agree with what she said, but knew if he thought about it longer, he'd see it from her point of view too. His eyebrows creased again, in thought again about what she was saying, his eyes falling away from her and to the ground. He didn't know what to say. All he knew is that he was angry and couldn't handle himself much longer.

"I don't know how it'd affect her even I don't even know anything about her," he said, his blue eyes flickering up to her face. He didn't know if he could stand this much longer. He didn't want to stay here and keep fighting when he knew she'd keep trying to hold the girl away from him. It wasn't fair in his mind, but he couldn't do anything about it.

[[Yes, obviously it is, but they aren't in high school any longer.]]

Olivia clenched her teeth in frustration. This wasn't the way she'd planned on the conversation going. She had always assumed that he'd be more angry about her not telling him than her not allowing him to see Lucy. Walking away didn't seem like an option though, she wanted him to be the one to leave; that way she wouldn't have to worry about making nice.

She didn't mind that he pulled away, physical contact had never been a good thing with the two of them. The fact he wouldn't hold eye contact with her made her even more annoyed. She knew that she shouldn't be irritated with him, he should be angry with her...which he was. Olivia just hadn't expected his emotions to rub off on her.

"Obviously you don't know her Ryker. But I don't really understand when you expect this 'meeting' to take place. You're only available in the mornings, you leave the day after tomorrow, and she has school tomorrow morning," she said through slightly gritted teeth.

[[Well you could still join if you wanted, but they're all in their early 20's now.]]

Sighing again as he could see the frustration growing on her face, Ryker couldn't stand the whole tension of the situation. He just wanted to meet his kid after she had told him about her, he thought it was the right thing to have happen. But Olivia seemed set against it and he couldn't stand knowing but not meeting. He knew he couldn't live the same life knowing he had a kid, but never get to meet her.

"I don't think that's the issue here. This is more important than my schedule. I could figure out a way to get around it," Ryker spoke back, just frustrated now that she was blaming his schedule for him not getting to meet the kid. He knew he could work a meeting in if she had been open to him meeting Lucy. But Olivia had seemed so set against it that it hadn't even seemed to be an option.

He was feeling anger from the situation and didn't know if he could hold his rising temper much longer. He wished she would stop being so stubborn. Having a kid was way more important than spending time with Giselle, at least for the time being. She was a nice person and she'd understand. Ryker'd be willing to take a few more days off he had to, his classes could wait for such an important issue.

[[sorry. I, just, life...my friend died in a car accident and I broke my leg and, I just haven't gotten over the numbness of it all. I understand if you don't want to continue this, but i'm going to post anyway]]

Olivia felt all her energy draining out of her, every ounce of every emotion that she'd been feeling the past few days was killing her. If she hadn't run into him on the subway or seen him at the bar then everything would be the same as it always had been. Destiny had to be telling her something. Her shoulders dropped slightly as she felt herself giving in.

"Okay, you can meet her. Tonight if you want. The three of us can have dinner. Or Brix and Nat can be there of you'd rather. Whatever you want."

Her inability to fight anymore was apparent in her stance and the sadness that hung on her young, pretty face.

[[Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry. That sounds really tough. :[ I'm sorry you had to go through that. ]]

As he watched Olivia, Ryker finally noticed how defeated she looked. He could tell she had been trying to protect her child and he had been too blinded by anger to notice. But now he couldn't help but feel bad that only now after she had put down her wall that he had noticed.

Sighing, he had a hard time deciding on what to say now. He wanted to accept her offer because he wanted to meet their kid, but then again he felt like she was only doing it because he wouldn't have it otherwise. He didn't want her to do it out of guilt and he didn't want to send a bad impression to either of them. The look of defeat on her face only made him feel worse as the seconds passed. He let a long pause pass before opening his mouth again.

"Nevermind... I'm sorry," he spoke the words quietly and in a tone of remorse. He took a few steps back, still facing her and watching her face with his blue eyes. He felt bad for being so angry and felt like he should've just left it alone. But he couldn't take it back now.

"I'm sorry," he said one last time, a bit quieter before averting his eyes down to the ground and turning, heading away. Ryker just wanted to leave and get out, give himself and her some space. Maybe things would work out after that.

[[Eh, it sucks. But I'm coping]]

Olivia felt her eyebrows rise when Ryker changed his mind so suddenly. She was aware that it was probably due to her unenthusiastic manner, but still, he'd pressed hard enough that he'd gotten his way and now he was changing his mind? What the heck? Her mood shot straight to annoyed, not really knowing how else to feel; especially when he turned and walked away from her.

She spun her thin body around, completely hacked at him. If he didn't want to see Lucy then that was his decision, and mistake. Olivia was so caught up in how angry she was that she barely noticed where she was going and ended up at Bloomingdales in a matter of moments. Okay, so it was longer than that, but it was still a blur.

Maggie immediately picked up on Olivia's distress and frowned at her friend. Olivia knew that she was calculating on whether or not the subject was able to be talked about and she silenced her with a frown. The two walked through the store slowly, and as the bill began to add up, Olivia could feel herself relaxing again. She was going to kill Brixon or Natalya when she got home.

-----

I promise I'll do Brix soon :)

Carrying the same coffees he had met Olivia with, Ryker tried his best to hold his emotions level. He was all over the place right now and he didn't know what to think. He knew Olivia was probably ticked off by his actions, but he was just as angry about everything. He knew she had rights for wanting to protect Lucy, but she had been so stubborn and then all of a sudden given in, which made him feel like it wasn't his time to meet her. Sighing again, he wished everything could've gone better, but knew that wasn't possible.

Hurrying back to Giselle's apartment, Ryker dropped the coffees off down on the kitchen counter and headed to the bedroom. Noticing she was still asleep, he was careful to get his back out quietly, but moved swiftly to pack his few things up. He had his mind set and wasn't staying here any longer. Being in the same city as the kid that was his hurt to think about and he felt if he could get away, maybe it'd hurt less. Maybe it would all go away, but ignoring the fact that he had a kid wasn't easy ? or right.

Seeing Giselle slowly wake, Ryker tried his best to ignore her and finish his packing, but it didn't work for long.

"What are you doing?" she asked groggily, sitting up and rubbing her eyes as he watching him, confused.

"Packing."

"Why? It's not Sunday... is it?"

"I'm heading back to Texas," Ryker told her, his blue eyes flashing to meet hers briefly before turning away and throwing the shoulder strap up on his shoulder.

"What? Ryker, wait! You can't just leave!" Giselle scrambled out of bed, quickly hurrying towards him. Ryker was already walking out of the room, grabbing whatever was his that was sitting around the other rooms.

"Something came up. I have to go. I'll see you soon," he said, turning kissing her quickly on the cheek, hoping to settle her a bit so he could leave. He was being harsh and unrealistic, maybe a bit immature. But something told him going back home would make him feel better and fix a little bit.

Hurrying out of the apartment and down to the street, he hailed a taxi quickly and hopped in. He had to go before someone changed his mind.

Brixon grinned at the idea of going to a street fair (Do they have them in NYC? Haha) and was thrilled to be hanging out with Natayla for an entire day. It seemed like it'd been months since the last time they'd spent more then a night, or a lunchtime, together. Drying the dishes off, he set them in their proper place and walked over to where she was leaning against the counter with an easy smile on his face.

He placed his hands on the counter, on either side of her so that she was between him. His smile warmed his features, making his eyes shine happily. Brixon was just estatic to be there with her. He held a steady gaze with her eyes as he spoke, his voice low and slightly husky.

"So, since we're going in public are you going to have to go get your own clothes?"

His question was a half-joke. He could care less what she wore, she was beautiful in his eyes all the time. But, he was aware that most girls preferred more than sweats when they went out. Brixon assumed that since she was wearing his clothes then, it meant that she couldn't find any of hers to wear, which meant she'd either have to wear the ones she wore the night before, or go to her apartment and get new ones.

-----

I don't know what to post for Olivia? Haha. I want to make her go to Texas or something dramatic like that :)

Letting her eyes wander around the room and then back to Brixon as he finished washing the dishes, Natalya held a coy little smile, waiting for him to speak about finalizing their plans. She definitely needed to change, she wasn't exactly a fan of sweats for public outings. Still, she had two options. Either way, she was excited to hang out with Brixon for the day, especially now that it was all planned out.

As he came over and put his arms on either side of her, Nat's smile grew and she held eye contact with him. Hearing his husky sort of tone, Nat giggled softly before reaching her hands forward and putting them on either side of his waist, rubbing them lightly up and down. It was pretty much an obvious question since she wasn't going to wear the clothes she had on now.

"I was hoping yes," she said, leaning forward and giving him a quick peck on the lips before holding a smile and looking at him again. She could change into her old clothes, taxi over to her place and then change, that way she wouldn't be seen in public with sweats on at all.

---------

Hahaha, yeah, that was sorta my idea. Like Giselle freaks out and tell Nat. Nat freaks out and then somehow the news gets to Olivia and there's this rush to Texas? I don't know. Something like that, maybe?

Brixon grinned at the quick peck and stepped back from Natayla after a moment. He'd have to shower and get dressed at some point too. So, he figured she could go home and get ready and then meet him back here since the street fair was only a few blocks from him. The joys of living in Brooklyn.

"Alright, why don't you go home then and I'll get ready. Then you can come back?"

His suggestion was soft and easy going, not really minding if she had another idea.

-----

Great minds think alikeeeeee. Because that's exactly what I was thinking :) Haha.

[[sorry it's so short, and crappy.]]

"Okay," she replied with a smile, leaning forward so she stood without leaning on the counter anymore. Watching him for another second before heading back towards his bedroom, Nat decided she'd go change into what she wore yesterday so at least she'd look okay heading back to her place.

Reaching the room, she grabbed her dress and headed into into the bathroom so she could change and fix her hair a little bit. Slipping the dress on quickly and running a hand through her hair a few times, Nat gathered up the clothes she borrowed and quickly folded them so she could put the away for him. Setting them back where they belonged, she grabbed the rest of her few things before heading back out to where Brixon was.

"So I'll be back in about an hour?" she asked, making sure that was good with him. Putting her shoes back on while she waited for him to reply, she wanted to get there as quickly as possible so they had more time to hang out.

-------

Haha, okay! We'll get that one rolling them. ;]

While Brixon waited for Natayla, he busied himself with picking up Lucy's toys. She definitely had more toys than he had ever had as he grew up. She wasn't spoiled per say, but she probably would be if things continued in the same direction that they were heading in. He was lost in these thoughts when Natayla spoke to him.

"Sounds good," he said easily, with a small smile.

Covering the penthouse in a matter of moments, he hugged her briefly and kissed her forehead in farewell. When she left, he locked the door behind her out of habit. Since moving into the large town, he had learned to lock everything and be fairly mindful of his surroundings.

He placed his phone on the counter in his bathroom. Closing the door behind him, he stripped, quietly except for the rustling of clothes. Brixon stepped into the hot water and began washing himself.

-----

Let's!!!! Olivia is still shopping haha

"See you soon," she said with a smile after the hug and kiss. Nat turned and hurried out of the building, jogging down the steps and down onto the sidewalk where she called for a taxi. After it came, she got in and told the driver where she wanted to go, sitting back and waiting out the slow ride.

When she finally reached her place, Nat was slow to open the door, just in case Giselle and Ryker were still asleep or something. But as she shut the door and entered the front room, she was caught by a different sight.

"Nat! Oh my god! I don't know what wrong! Ryker just left without telling me anything and I don't know what's going on and I was calling you and you didn't answer and he's not answering and?" Giselle huffed out, jumping off of the couch and hurrying over to Nat. She was near tears and Natalya could see she was breathing heavily, probably out of stress. Giselle's actions scared her and the way she was talking and what she was talking was worrisome.

"Wait, slow down," Nat said, putting her hands out to help slow Giselle down. "Calm down and tell me what happened," she said, confused by the actions that she was describing.

"Ryker came and packed up his stuff and told me he's going to Texas! He just took off!" Now Giselle had tears falling down her face and Nat could tell she was freaked out about the situation.

"He's going back to Texas?"

"Yeah! He's just left!" Giselle told her, her voice raising and a bit angry, wild. Nat was highly confused, but worried too. That wasn't something Ryker usually did. Something must've happpened.

Watching Giselle go back to the couch sit down and start to *** into her hands, Nat frowned and furrowed her eyebrows, worried about Giselle and the situation now. Pulling her phone out and dialing Brixon's number, Nat paced a bit as she waited for him to answer.

Brixon stepped out of the shower, he dried himself off quickly and went into his large room. He was utterly relaxed at the moment. Even with the Olivia and Ryker stress, he couldn't help but feel cheerful. Entering his walk-in closet, he grabbed a pair of dark wash jeans and a shirt that matched the brillant blue of his eyes.

He heard his phone ringing in the distance, and stumbled over himself to get from his closet to the bathroom before it stopped ringing. When he saw Natayla's name and picture flash across the screen, his forehead creased with concern almost immediately. If she was calling, something had probably happened that wasn't good.

"Hello? What's wrong?"

His question came out instantly, instinctively. He was unaware of what was happening, just knew that it couldn't be good.

As soon as she heard Brixon's voice on the other end, Nat spoke, her words coming out quickly without much of a filter. She didn't know much about the situation or why Brixon had to know, but he always seemed to know what to do and of course she didn't.

"Giselle just told me Ryker came and got all of stuff and is going back to Texas and he wouldn't tell her why," Nat told him, her eyebrows creased as she stopped in the small kitchen, one arm tucked around her waist as she stood as far away from Giselle as possible. She didn't want her to get more upset for any reason. "He doesn't do things like that and I'm worried. Giselle's really upset and she said he wouldn't answer his phone and I don't know what to do," she added, speaking fast but clear enough so hopefully he could make sense of it all.

Brixon had been around her long enough to know that the faster and more upset her voice was, the more distress she was in. His mind took time unravelling what she was trying to say. He took a moment to figure out what to do. Biting his lip in concentration, he knew that Olivia had been with him that morning, but he didn't understand why Lucy would have freaked him out that badly. Unless Olivia had been a jerk about it. He realized that his quietness had been prolonged and snapped to attention.

"Nat, it's going to be okay. I'll be over soon. Let me call Olivia and see what the heck happened this morning when they met. Oh, I don't think that you should tell Giselle anything just yet. I have to go, I'll see you soon."

He snapped the phone shut without much hesitation. She'd understand his inability to prolong the conversation. Immediately, he dialed Olivia's well known number, what could she have said?

Olivia frowned when she heard her phone ringing. Her pulse quickened at the thought of it being Ryker, but she became concerned when she saw Brixon's number flashing. She shot Maggie an unhappy glance, which heightened her friend's curiousity.

"Hello?"

"Olivia? What happened this morning with you and Ryker?"

"How is that any of your business?"

Her tone immediately became crisp, indicating that she did not want to talk about it.

"Because, he's currently on his way to Texas and everyone is kind of freaking out."

Olivia paused when he shared that information. Texas? As in their home? Well, previous home? Why would he be going there? Anger overcame her when she assumed he was running away. True, she'd run away, but this was totally different in her eyes.

"Liv, you-"

"Yes I'm here and yes, I heard you. What do you want me to do about it?"

"I don't know-"

"Would you like me, the last person he'd like to see or hear from try and reach him? Because that's stupid. Even worse, you want me to try and reach him for someone that I don't like, he'll call his girlfriend if he wants to."

"Olivia." Her head snapped up when she realized it was Maggie who had spoken. She signaled for the phone and Olivia handed it over reluctantly. "Brix? It's Maggie. I'm going to pick Luce up and bring her by your place later tonight. Liv will be by to get clothes; she's going."

Before Olivia could respond, Maggie had ended the call and was holding the phone out of her reach.

"Mag-"

"No, listen to me. Fight, for once, fight for him. You can win. He loves you, I don't care that he's dating someone and that he's currently flying thousands of miles away; he's doing what you did. And you can follow him, just because he didn't chase you five years ago doesn't mean you can't know. I know you still love him, don't deny it, just think about it during your flight. It's on me."

As Maggie spoke, Olivia realized how stupid she'd been for pretending not to care. Sighing quietly, she accepted Maggie's advice and the pair rushed to a cab. On the way to the airport, they discussed how Lucy would be cared for while she was gone and what Olivia was supposed to do once she got there. Olivia had bypassed getting clothes from her apartment because she'd chicken out if she went home. Maggie stayed with her as long as she could, purchasing the first available ticket for Texas.

-----

When Brixon hung up with Olivia/Maggie, he quickly finished getting ready and hailed a taxi. He arrived at Natayla's apartment quickly, well quickly for New York traffic and used his key to entire. He looked at the two distressed females anxiously. He definitely wasn't going to speak freely in front of Giselle. That wouldn't be nice.

"I couldn't get in touch with him either. He'll call."

While Brixon's tone was assuring, there was a faint strain to it that gave way that he wasn't saying anything.

Listening to Brixon as he spoke in response to her frantic story, Natalya tried to stay calm as she glanced over at Giselle. She knew Giselle was taking this hard and was putting the blame on herself. It wasn't going to go well if they didn't clear this up and calm her down. As Brixon confirmed he was going to figure it out, Nat slowly put her phone down on the counter and looked out the small window momentarily. She was worried about what was going to happen, and about Ryker's well being because he was not the type of guy to just run back home. Especially when school was still going on for him.

Walking back over to where Giselle was sitting, she sat down and put her arm around her, hoping she'd calm down at least for a few minutes while she waited for Brixon to get here.

"It'll be fine. We'll figure this out," she said, rubbing her back softly and looking over at her. She could tell Giselle wasn't going to listen to much unless it was information on Ryker. Sighing, Nat sat quietly, trying to be patient.

------

Handing his ticket to the boarding lady who ran it through the scanner and nodded for him to head on. Taking a deep breath and then heading down the long empty corridor that led to the plane. A million thoughts were running through his head and the one most predominate was asking what the heck he was doing? He really wanted to go home and get away from everyone to settle things. But another part of him was screaming at him. It was saying he couldn't do it. It was immature, wrong and selfish. He was doing something he would never do? run away. But it felt like the right thing. Olivia had done it and now it was his turn.

Ryker entered the plane with knots in his stomach, barely able to believe all of this was happening. He never acted like this, but there was always time for change. Sighing as he found his seat about halfway through the plane, he settled in and tried to keep his mind from dwelling on the present situation.

It wasn't long before the plane was off towards Texas and Ryker was trying his best to fall asleep and forget everything for just a shot while. He didn't want to think about the classes he'd miss or the trouble he was in by so many people. He just wasn't to do what he wanted and live through it.

------

As she heard the front door open, Natalya stood and watching him enter, listening to what he said and then looked to see Giselle's reaction. She was worried for how Giselle would react and it was only with a more distressed look and pained expression. She had slowed her crying, but she could tell she was pretty unstable.

"C'mon Giselle. Go back to bed. I promise I'll tell you if we get any news. You should just rest for now," Nat decided, taking her friends arm and helped her up, moving her slowly back to her bedroom. She knew Giselle didn't want to but didn't want to say no. Thankfully her friend went back to the bedroom without a fight and Nat was able to get back to Brixon without using too much time. She knew he must've found out at least something, anything, so at least she could feel at ease.

"Did you learn anything?" she asked softly, keeping her voice hushed as she walked back to him. Glancing around, she moved towards the front room which was farthest from Giselle's room. At least there they'd be able to talk without whispering too much.

Olivia was quiet. She hated Maggie for telling her the truth. No one had been that upfront with her about Ryker in a long time. Her mind was jumping around so much that she was getting naseaous. Her plane didn't leave for an hour and it was a long flight. But she knew that she had to talk to him as soon as she landed.

Her stomach was in her throat, she didn't even know what she would say to him. Plus, she was assuming that he was going to be at his parent's place; if they were still even living there. This thought hadn't even approached her mind. Groaning softly when they called for her plane.

She ran her fingers through her dark hair anxiously as she handed the woman her pass. Taking the comfortable, first class seat and closed her eyes. She hated flying in planes. She would much rather drive anywhere. But that would definitely have taken too long. Tucking headphones into her ears, she allowed the music to soothe her.

-----

Brixon relaxed when Natayla told Giselle to go lay down. That meant they could talk. It was already four in the afternoon, there went their day together. He sighed quietly. True, he was concerned about Ryker. But, at the same time, he was a big boy and could take care of himself.

Following the grim Natayla through the apartment and into the front room he stopped when she did. When she asked him what he knew, he shrugged slightly.

"I don't know much. Olivia is flying after him. I'm watching Lucu. That's about it."

[[i'm just gonna ff with Ryker if that's okay.]]

As the plane declined down towards Texas, Ryker woke up from his nearly restless sleep. The flight had been smooth enough to let him go under, but he was too unsettled and bothered by the situation at hand to be able to sleep well. So many thoughts had made him wake up and then fall back alseep numerous times. At least the last time he slept until the decent.

Standing as the seatbelt light flickered off, Ryker gathered his only bag from the overhead compartment, slinging it over his shoulder and waiting in the aisle for the people ahead to move along. The exit was slow and it took almost five minutes before he was back in the same bland tunnel, this time head up into an all familiar airport. He manuvered quickly through the terminals and got out to the front where taxi's were waiting to take whoever hailed upon them. Getting in the closest one, he told him where he wanted to go and quickly they were off towards home.

It was over an hour by the time he reached home. Ryker paid the driver and then exited the taxi, his eyes quickly sighting his old home. It looked the same. He didn't expect it to look different, but there was this feeling inside of him like it should've. Or like his parents should be running out to greet him. They didn't know he was coming, but he felt like they should. Why didn't they know how much pain he was in right now?

Sighing and walking up the driveway he took the quick walk up to the front door and cautiously knocked. It took a moment for his mother to reach the door, but as soon as she did, her arms were around him.

"Ryker! What a surprise! What are you doing back so early? This is such a surprise!" he excited voice chirped, the overwhelming happiness hitting him hard. It made him sad that she was so excited when he didn't come back to see them. He just came back so he could run away.

"Hi mom," he said, putting his arms around her and rubbing her back momentarily. As they pulled away he shrugged, not wanting to tell the truth yet. "I just felt like I should come back. Just for a few days."

"Well come on in, dear! The house looks rather messy and I don't have anything made and..." Her voice trailed off as she hurried on in, Ryker tagging along behind. He didn't want to upset her and just go up to his room, but he didn't feel like getting another welcome home tour like the last time he came home.

"I'm really tired, mom. If you wouldn't mind I'd just like to head upstairs and take a nap," he said, his thumb jutting up towards the stairs.

"Oh, well, okay. Be down in a bit so you can see dad when he gets home! He'll just be so excited!"

Nodding and giving a faint smile, he turned and walked up the stairs, moving at a slow pace towards his room. Dumping his bag on the floor, he meandered over to his bed and sat down, rubbing his eyes with his hands as he did so. He was in such a mess and he couldn't even fess up to his parents yet.

--------

Looking down at the ground as he spoke, Nat wasn't exactly happy to hear that they didn't know anything. But at least Olivia was going after him, that seemed like the right thing to do. This whole mess had ruined their day together, but at least there was still some of it left to spend. But with Lucy in the picture there wasn't much they could do. Either she could go to his place with him at watch Lucy, or stay here with Giselle. The first option sounded the best, but poor Giselle might take it hard being all alone. Sighing, Nat looked up at him, searching his eyes for so sort of answer.

"Well should we go back and watch Lucy? Or should I just stay here?" Nat asked, her voice sounding a bit hopeful at first, but she didn't think the first option would fly well. Still she wished they could have some of the time they had planned together.

[[Thats fine :) These are going to be kind of lame because I'm at the beach haha]]

Olivia relaxed as the music took over her other thoughts. Even if Ryker probably didn't want to see her, this way she would know that she had tried her hardest. As the plane ride continued, she began shifting I'm her seat more and more. The fourish hour plane ride was allowing her to think more about what she was about to do.

When the plane landed, she turned her IPod off and stepped from the large, commercial airplane. Grabbing her baggage from baggage claim, she rented a car and started driving. She had flown into a larger airport about an hour from her hometown. It was already close to ten and she didn't know if she should just wait until the next day to see Ryker.

She drove fast, realizing slowly how much she'd missed driving without bumper to bumper traffic. Olivia sighed quietly, she didn't have any clothes, tolietries, anything. She was stupid for coming in the first place. She would just reimburse Maggie, there was no way that she was going to go through with this.

When she entered the town, she checked in at the local hotel...the only hotel, and basically crashed onto the large bed. Olivia planned on flying back to New York the next day. Ryker would never need to know that she was there.

The next morning, she woke early. Heading down the street to the local botique, she bought clothes for the day and then went back to her room. Changing quickly, she went to the local diner for breakfast. It was actually nice to not hear honking and sirens constantly.

-----

Brixon sighed at his two options, he knew that she should stay with her friend, but he'd rather she came with him. Smiling slightly. He squeezed her hand lightly and shrugged.

"I'd rather you came with me. But Giselle needs you, so you should probably stay here. I have to go and take care of Luce though."

It didn't take long for Ryker to pass out on his bed, sleeping soundly and deeply through the night. He had meant to wake up to see his dad, but he had been so tired and worn out from the day that the moment he had laid down he was out. As he woke up the next morning, it took him a moment to realize that he was back in Texas. The whole Saturday felt like a dream at first, but then reality sunk in and he felt a pit growing in the bottom of his stomach. He had to sit silent for a moment before getting up, the rush of emotions coming back. He wished he didn't have any so he could be happy for his parents, but that wasn't possible.

Instead of dwelling on the facts, Ryker slowly got changed into the only other pair of clothes he had brought - a pair of black jeans and a plain oatmeal colored sweater. It pretty much matched his emotions at the moment, which was pretty ironic. Ignoring that fact, he went and brushed his teeth and brushed his hair, making himself look a bit more presentable for his parents.

Leaving his phone up in his room and heading down the stairs, he was greeted happily by his mom again.

"Hey sweetie. I didn't think you'd sleep that much. But that's fine," she said with a chipper smile, looking him up and down. He knew she was noticing the tired look in his eyes and the stress that showed on his pale face. He knew she wouldn't say anything because the way he didn't speak much put up the flag to not say anything.

"Oh! We've decided to take you out to breakfast this morning! Just out to that little diner in town. Dad's just finishing a shower and he'll meet us out in the car. C'mon, let's go," she said, putting a soft hand on his back and leading him towards the garage. Ryker didn't want to go, but he wasn't going to refuse. He couldn't be that rude towards his parents.

After a short ride and a small bit of conversation, the three reached the small diner and Ryker followed his parents into the small place. His eyes were on the ground the whole time; his hands in his pockets. He shuffled along behind them, blind enough not to notice Olivia sitting in another booth. As they sat down, he slumped down and listened to his parents, his mind reeling as he tried his best to stay in the moment rather than in his head.

--------

Sighing, Natalya couldn't decide. She desperately wanted to go with Brixon but knew the right thing was to stay with Giselle. Deciding to give in and do the best, she bit her lip and then looked back up at him. Feeling his hand in hers, she didn't want to let go, but knew there was no way he was staying or she was going.

"Okay. I guess I'll stay here," she said sadly, a frown on her face as he watched him, her eyes a bit puppy dog like, but not begging. She knew there was no other choice she couldn't convince either of them either way.

Olivia let out an audible groan when Ryker walked into the diner. He was going to think she was some sort of stalker if he saw her there. Concern for herself subsided gradually when she realized that he looked like heck. Her eyebrows knitted together slightly in concern, obviously he was freaking out. She knew him well enough to read his sleep-deprived and stressed features. Olivia felt as though she never should have told him.

Leaning her head against the plushy, red booth, she thanked god that he didn't see her. Olivia knew she needed to talk to him, but not infront of his parents. They more than likely didn't like her and if he had told them about Lucy then they seriously wouldn't be happy.

She needed to meet him somewhere where they would be comfortable. The park was the first place she thought of, but she had informed him about Lucy in the Central Park and she didn't want parks to haunt him. Actually, Olivia just wanted to walk around town with him and talk. That way she wouldn't have to look at him when she laid everything out.

How to get him alone though? A text message would work, but again, that was how she'd gotten him to meet her about Lucy. Her thoughts were scrambled and she couldn't pick anythng clearly. Coming had been a bad idea. She really was going to kill Maggie. Before she was aware, her food was gone and she stood without really thinking about the fact that Ryker might see her, or maybe that was what she wanted. Him confronting her would make it much easier and if he didn't then she was going to find a way to find him alone.

-----

Brixon nodded at her response, he knew that was what she should do, but he was surprised at how much he had to constrain his selfish desire to beg her to come with him. Pulling her in to a hug, he kissed her forehead softly and pulled away with a small, nearly sad smile. Her friend was her priority and Lucy was his. He couldn't ask Maggie to watch her forever.

"I love you," the words he spoke were quiet and sweet, something he only wanted her to ever hear. He said 'love you' constantly, but the 'I' somehow deemed it as more intimate and he only said it when he deemed it worthwhile. They were three words that he took care of. "I'll call you if something happens?"

As he sat silently at the table, listening to his parents, Ryker's eyes scanned the short menu for something that sounded good. Nothing sounded good after all the feelings that were twisting his stomach into a knot. His parents were telling him all about the things they had done without him and all of their adventures. He wasn't really listening, but nodding every once in a while and making eye contact kept their mouths moving. He knew it was rude, but he wasn't feeling good at all, but he didn't want to tell them why.

After ordering their food, his parents quieted down as they got coffee and had things to keep them busy. His eyes wandered around the place, looking around for anything to keep his attention. The diner was pretty quiet for the hour, but the town was small in itself so it was never really that busy.

Deciding to get up and take a short walk, Ryker excused himself to the bathroom. Getting up and running a hand over his hair, his eyes were averted down towards the ground. Before he knew it, he ran straight into someone, surprised and taken aback. Looking up to open his mouth and apologize, Ryker was surprised more than ever to see who it was. He could barely believe it. His stomach dropped and a million thoughts ran through his head.

Olivia was here. 'Why' was the first thing that ran through his head. How did she find out that he was here? Did she follow him? The whole thing almost scared him. He opened his mouth to say something, but he nearly stuttered, not being able to say anything.

--------

Wrapping her arms around him for a long moment, Nat soaked in the hug, not wanting to let go. But as he pulled away and saw his smile, she let go of her selfish feelings and gave him a weak smile back, knowing they had time to spend another day. Hearing his sweet words, her smile widened and she looked down for a moment before making eye contact again.

"I love you too," she said, pausing and then leaning forward to give him a soft kiss on the lips. Pulling away a moment later, she heard what he said about telling her what's going on. "Yeah, thanks," she added, nodding and letting her smile fade as the moment seemed to end as she realized the rest of the situation at hand.