SGrace

Go Big or Go Home...

Go Big or Go Home

This is a western version of Pushed To The Top.

You're a teenager between the ages of 13-19 and you've been around horses, and other livestock, for as long as you can remember. Ever since you started competing, your parents and trainers have pushed you to win. Their moto is, " GO BIG OR GO HOME ". You live and breathe rodeos, futurities, and jackpot runs. If you don't at least make it into the top 2D, you and your poor horse are punished. You're made to take your horse through the pattern again and again until your trainer is satisfied with it, even if it means your horse is dripping with sweat and very hyper at the end of it. You're not allowed to take your horses for a trail ride unless you're with a trainer, but most of the kids do it anyways to give their horses a break from the ring and from intense training. This is what keeps them sane.

All your parents and trainer see when they look at your horses is just an animal that can be easily replaced. If it can't do the job, it gets tossed out and you get a new horse to replace it. Yes they get the best money can buy, as money isn't a problem, but they will be worked for as hard and as long as it takes to get it perfect. The trainers don't believe in slow work and the basic fundamentals and only focus on the pattern. " As long as you can get on a horse, walk, trot, and canter, then you don't need basics " is what you get from them. You've seen what has happened to some horses that have gone through this and you don't like the outcome. Your horses are all top dollar horses that love their job, but for how long? Will you try to stand up for what's right and save your poor horses? Or just be yelled at again for not knowing what you're talking about?

*PLOT*

You all board at the same place, where there are hundereds of acres and quite a few houses on the property. It's a georgeous and huge place that normal kids would only dream to go. You're getting ready for a huge futurity coming up in a few months. You know you'll be competing against the best of the best and your trainer is pushing you now, more than ever, to win.

Do you have what it takes to be the best?

Can you and/or your horses handle the pressure?

*RULES*

- You must post more than one sentence and it has to be interesting.

- No PP/GM/MS ect.

- You play the people, not the horse.

- No pictures of famous people.

- Stay active.

- If you read everything put "I <3 barrel racing" at the top of your post.

Stats-human

Name:

Personality:

Looks: pic or no pic....No one famous!

Competes in: Anything western that deals with speed. No pleasure.

Stats-horse

Name:

Barn name:

Breed:

Height:

Description: pic or no pic

Competes in:

*Thanks to Naughty Neigh for letting me use the idea and more of Pushed To The Top.*

I'm really new at this so please bare with me. Tell me what you think. [smile]

[ 04-22-2008, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: SavannahGraceBR ]

Stats-human

Name: Rhylie Ullman

Personality: Rhylie excells at everything she does. She might be young, but she knows her stuff. She can become very competitive at times and will do anything to win, except break the laws/rules. She's always a hard worker and takes any challenge thrown at her. She can be shy or rude at times, espescially when she doesn't know you and you're messing with her horses, but she doesn't mean anything by it. So many people have tried to hurt and even kill her horses so many times before. But if you get to know her, you'll find out she's exactly the opposite. She's a fighter and loves her horses to death. When she has a problem or something's on her mind, you'll most likely find her at the barn with one of her horses.

Looks: Rhylie

Competes in: barrel racing, pole bending, reining

Stats-horse

Name: Savannah Grace

Barn name: Grace or Gracie

Breed: AQH

Height: 14.3

Description: Grace head Grace body

Competes in: barrels, poles, and reining(Rhylie's main horse)

Name: Moonlight Gaze

Barn name: Bandit

Breed: APH

Height: 16.2

Description: Bandit

Competes in: barrels and poles...learning reining

Name: Dreams Come True

Barn name: Dream

Breed: APH

Height: 16.1

Description: Dream

Competes in: barrels, poles, and reining

Name: Watch Me Go

Barn name: Spencer or Spence

Breed: AQH

Height: 16

Description: Spencer

Competes in: reining and barrels(hates poles)

[ 12-27-2007, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: SavannahGraceBR ]

I <3 barrel racing!

Stats-human

Name:Audrey Rayes

Personality: She is quiet, she doesnt talk much. But when she does she makes a point and backs it 110%. She hates know-it-alls and she doesnt even really like her trainer, truthfully if you ask her she hates her. and if you ask her why she stays with her, its becuase she knows what she is doing and is an aswsome trainer.

Looks: These are my photos! -1

Competes in: Roping, And Cutting *if thats ok*, and Reining

Stats-horse

Name: Isa Lost Dream

Barn name: LC

Breed: AQHA

Height: 15.4

Description: 1

Competes in: Roping

Stats-horse

Name: Somethin Special

Barn name: Bug

Breed: AQHA/APHA

Height: 16.0

Description: A Palimino stud.

Competes in: reining

Stats-horse

Name: Just Cruzin

Barn name: Justice

Breed:Foundation QH

Height: 16.2

Description: click

Competes in:Cutting

[ 01-02-2008, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: SoCalDesertRider ]

OOC: You can compete in ANYTHING you want as long as it's western and deals with speed. (example: barrel racing, cutting, reining, pole bending, ect.)

[ 12-30-2007, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: SavannahGraceBR ]

GRR. I had the stats, then like.. lost them.. .ARGHH.

Stats-human

Name: Leah

Personality: Leah is very friendly nad outgoing. Ask her for help, and she'll help. To much yelling and she might tell you how she feels and wants her horse to live. She basically speaks everything off. Can be stubborn and hard headed.

Looks: Uhh. No. Wavy blonde hair to her shoulder. Slim. Tan. Short. 4'11" Premature. Blue eyes

Competes in: Barrels and Poles

Stats-horse

Name: Mix me Up

Barn name: BJ

Breed: Quarter Horse

Height: 15.2

Description: BJ

I <3 barrel racing!!!

Stats-human

Name:Chad Hawkins

Personality:A kind ,Hard working Boy who Hates to pe pushed he some times talks back to his trainer , only to be punished...again

Looks: http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g315/Nig...ruba/haru-1.jpg

Competes in: Cutting, barrels and roping

Stats-horse

Name:Keepin it cool

Barn name:Kit

Breed:AQHA

Height:16'

Description: http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee80/TheaLee/bqhzzb.jpg

Competes in:Cutting, barrels and roping

I <3 Barrel Racing!!

Stats-human

Name: Shay Law

Personality: Not very outgoing. Shy at first, but opens up and would give you the shirt off her back when you get to know her. She is all grit when it comes to barrels and poles and puts all her time and effort into her horse, Train.

Looks: Face

Shay

Stats-horse

Name: Rebels Blue Beau

Barn name: Beau

Height: 15.3 hands

Description:Beau

Stats-horse

Name: Seven Across

Barn name: Cross

Height: 16 hands

Description:Cross

Competes in: Backup Horse (Barrels and Poles)

Her Truck and Trailer

[ 01-06-2008, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: NBHABarrelRacer ]

Ill join as a guy also!

Stats-human

Name:Matt Kozak

Personality:Alec is a hard workin cowboy. He has a quiet understanding hand with horses, and will ride any horse you want.He is a get the job done kind of guy and knows when its time to have fun and when its time to get serious.

Looks: Matt Competes in: Reining, Cutting, Tie down roping

Other: Miranda's older brother

Stats-horse

Name:Rocking Slide N Roll

Barn name:Junior

Breed:AQHA

Height:16

Description:

Junior

Competes in:Reining Cutting and Roping

I <3 barrel racing

Stats-human

Name: Jeff Hutcherson "Hutch"

Personality: Very honesty,loyal, and trustworthy. Hutch can be stubborn and hardheaded at times but only every once in a while. Hutch is a very gentle,caring, and loving guy. He can be very passionate with his loved one and is very wise for his age as well. He's very outgoing and can be quit quiet and stay to himself if he wishes. There's only one probably, Hutch is very short tempered and gets angry easily

Looks: Standing 6'3, Hutch is a handsome tan skined boy. His body is ade up of nothing but muscle mass Hutch

Competes in: Reining, Roping

Stats-horse

Name: The Black Stallion Of Nightmares

Barn name: Black

Breed: American Quarter Horse

Height: 16.3

Description: Black

Competes in: Reining

Stats-horse

Name: Wild N Reckless

Barn name: Cyclone

Breed: American Quarter Horse

Height: 15.3

Description: Cyclone

Cyclone 2

Competes in: Roping

Chad Rounded the last pole and slid to a stop.As he slid off his horse his knees buckled"What was that?!That looked terrible!Do it over!"Chad leaned against his sweaty horse"I already did it seven times."He answered

"Excuse me?I dont care , Do it over! and dont talk to me like that Hawkinws or i shall speak to your Parents.Now do it over"Chad Remounted and loped around once before Doing the course...Again.

Shay led Beau to one of the outdoor arenas and double checked to make sure her saddle was tight. She mounted Beau and began to warm up. They walked, trotted, and loped around the edge of the arena, side passed both ways, and did flexion excersizes. Shay slid off her horse and set up barrels in the large arena. After doing lots of trotting and loping through the pattern, she let Beau catch his breath before they made a practice run.

Rhylie wakes with a jump. She looks to her alarm clock. "Oh no, it's 11:45pm! I'm gonna be so dead!" she tells herself as she rushes to her bathroom to get ready. She has a lesson with her trainer, Ms. Marry Kennedy, at 12 and it takes 7 minutes just to get from her house to the barn. Rhylie quickly changes, brushes her teeth and hair, and washes her face then races downstairs where her mother is waiting. "You were suppose to be up at 9 to go and feed. Thankfully, Brad had already done it by the time I called. Now let's go or you'll be even later." Mrs. Ullman tells her daughter then adds quickly, "Oh and your surprise should be here in a few hours."

Rhylie shuts the front door behind her then walks out to her mother's new Titan and climpbs in. As she shuts the door, she starts thinking about Brad. "Oh he's so cute." she thinks to herself. Brad is a 19 y/o guy that her parents hired to help with their horses. Then Rhylie's thoughts go to her surprise. It is her birthday today and her parents always get her the most expenssive things, but today was even more special because it is her 16th birthday. "I wonder what it is." Just then, the truck comes to a stop and Rhylie is shaken out of her daydream. She hadn't even heard her mom start the truck let alone drive it. She opens the door and races over to Bandit's stall. It's now 12:15. The big paint stallion looks at her sith his soft, kind eyes and nickers a greeting. "Hello my beauty. Sorry I'm so late. Let's see what we have to work with." Rhylie tells Bandit while clipping the lead rope onto his halter and leading him from his stall. She places him into the crossties and hurries to groom him. Once he's clean, she quickly tacks him than leads him to the indoor arena.

As Rhylie walks up to the entrance, she can see Ms. Kennedy standing there looking at her with a very ugly look on her face. Rhylie haults Bandit before entering the arena and checks her girth. Once it's tight enough, she clicks to him and walks up to Ms. Kennedy. "I'm so sorry I'm late. I overslept." she tries to explain.

"I don't want to hear it! This isn't the first time you've done this, but it better be the last! I don't come out here to just stand around and wait on someone to show up. I expect you to be here and warmed up by the time I get here. Now, you have 10 minutes to warm him up. Get going." Marry Kennedy tells her then steps back and watches from the bleachers.

Rhylie swings herself into the saddle and walks Bendit once around the arena each way. Then she pushes him into a trot and doesfigure eightes and circles up and down the arena. Finally she pushes him into a slow canter and they go around the whole arena once each way doing a lead change in the center. Bandit gives a few playfull bucks then settles into the canter again. Rhylie slowly brings him to a stop in the center of the arena and faces her trainer.

"Ok." Ms. Kennedy says as she walk towards them. "I want you to push him into the left lead canter from a stop and go around the arena once. Then come down the center, from one of the far ends, push him into a gallop right in the center and do a sliding stop before you get to ther other end. Collect and back him up then do a rollback and repeat on the opposite lead."

Rhylie gathers her reins and slightly pushes with her right leg. Bandit takes off on his left lead as Rhylie guides him around the arena. Once they reach the far end, she guides him down the arena and pushes him into a gallop in the center. About 20ft from the wall, Rhylie sits deep and Bandit does a sliding stop. It's not very good, but he tries. What can you say, he's only been in training for reining for a couple of weeks. She quickly gives him a rub then gets him to collect and do a fast back for a few steps. Then she lays the reins accross his neck and he does a very slow rollback, but doesn't stay in place with his back hoof.

"Do that rollback again until he gets it right!" Ms Kennedy yells from accross the arena.

Rhylie rolls her eyes and tries again and agian with Bandit to do a correct rollback. Once he does in correct, but slowly, Rhylie rewards him with a quick pat then continues with her instructions. Shs pushes him into a canter again, but her picks up his left lead instead of his right so she stops him and tries again. This time he picks up his right lead and she guides him around. Bandit does a sliding stop and backup better than the last, but throws a fit when Rhylie tries to do a rollback. He starts half rearing and crow-hopping, but then calms down and does it correctly. It is now 2:30pm and they've been working for well over an hour. Rhylie walks Bandit over to her trainer and waits on more instructions.

"I want you to work on your rollbacks and stops. I have another lesson to do now so I will be back next week the same time and do NOT be late again or you will be finding yourself a new trainer." Marry Kennedy tells Rhylie then walks out of the arena, leaving Rhylie and Bandit alone.

Rhylie hops off of Bandit and loosens his girth. She leads him back to the barn and places him on the crossties then slowly untacks him. Once he's untacked, she grooms him and places his cooler on since he's steaming from all the sweat on him. She places him back into his stall, gives him a peppermint, and latches the stall. Rhylie walks out of the barn, after checking on her other 3 horses, and sees Shay riding Beau. She walks over and watches for a minute. "Hey Shay. How's Beau doing today?" she asks after they make their run and are cooling off.

Miranda jogged Dixie around the arena. Matt folowed on Junior.A tall, stocky man stood in the middle of the arena in a black cowboy hat, white shirt, wranglers and justin boots with long spurs on. "Miranda use two hands you know better.I want to see you get more out of that lazy mare". He spat, then added "Matt shorten your reins and relax your seat, Junior is a lot of horse, now both of you pick up a canter.Once around the ring, then make two seperate circles in the opposite direction.Flying changes, no break down" he yelled across the large arena.

Matts horse went into a hyper canter, but stayed in time with his rider.Miranda had to push Dixie a little harder to make her move.Both riders cantered around the ring. "Speed it up Miranda. MORE! And Matt let Junior have his head a little more." The riders did as told. Dixie swushed her tail and sped up. Matt had to pass Miranda, Junior had a huge stride. "Now do a flying change and swtich directions." The trainer vigourously said as she clapped his hands.

"Miranda thats a barrel horse, I want to see a smaller quicker circle!"The trained ran up behind Dixie and whipped her but.Dixie jumped, speeding up reluctently.

Shay smiled at Rhylie and walked Beau over the spot where Rhylie was sitting on the fence.

"Today it was really nice to take it easy because my trainer, Kate Mills, called and said that she was sick. She told me that I 'better work Beau until he's good an sweaty." Shay replied, repeating Mrs. Kate's words. "She's really pushing us on barrels. She wants us to go out there and really do our best."

"How was your lesson?" She asks and then her face lights up. "Don't you have a birthday today!? What did you get?" she asked as she slid out of the well worn barrel saddle. She led him over to the gate and loosenedhis girth while listening to Rhylie.

[ 01-05-2008, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: NBHABarrelRacer ]

"Yeah trainers can be harsh. My lesson went ok, I guess. I was late, again, and Ms. Kennedy didn't like it one bit. She said that if I'm late again, I can find myself a new trainer. One good thing came out of it though. I didn't have to work Bandit for 2-4 hours like normal. More like an hour and 15 minutes. I can't stand her, but she's not as bad as some trainers I've seen. And surprisingly, she does have a nice side to her. Bandit tried very hard for me today and I'm so proud of him. He's getting much better at his stops and rollbacks." Rhylie says then smiles at Shay and continues. "Ya. I turned 16. I'm excited to have made it this far. I got my lisence yesterday! So no more mom driving me, except for today because I was late and didn't feel like driving. Mom and Dad have a surprise coming for me in a couple of hours. I can't wait to see what it is. I'm not having my party until tonight and you know you're always welcome to come. So I'm just gonna have to see what else I get. I was gonna go see what else was going on today then go work with Grace and Dream. I think I'm gonna give Spence today off and just let him be a horse since he worked so hard for me yesterday. You wanna come?"

"Happy Birthday!" Shay said. "I hope I get a new saddle for my next birthday!" She laughed and glanced up at her well broken in saddle.

She started to lead Beau back to the barn. "Yeah, I'll ride with you. I need to ride Cross, too. Maybe when we get done, we could go on a short trail ride. I want to get Cross out of this stall get him back in shape. He's been eating too many treats!" She laughed again and put Beau on crossties in front of his stall.

She untacked the big roan and brushed him, made sure he had water and hay and put him back in his stall.

She grabbed Cross's lead rope and put him on crossties in fron of his stall and began to groom and saddle him.

OOC: Would you mind if Shay and Rhylie were best friends? Kinda like they've known each other almost their whole lives?

BIC: "Thank you. Well, I hope you get that new saddle." Rhylie says with a laugh and follows Shay into the barn. She walks up to Grace's stall and gives her a carrot that she grabbed from the feed room a little while ago. "Hey baby girl. You ready to go riding?" she says while clipping the lead rope onto Grace's halter and leads her to the crossties. Grace gets hooked up neck to Cross and starts nipping playfully at him. Rhylie begins to groom her and before long, has her all groomed and tacked up ready to go. "You ready?" she asks Shay.

(Yeah. That's fine with me! LOL)

Shay dropped a kiss on Grace's soft nose when Rhylie put her on the crossties.

Once she made sure Cross's saddle and pad where adjusted, his boots were on right, and his headstall was just right, she turned back to Rhylie.

"Yep! I'm good to go! What arena do you want to go ride in?"

The roar of a diesel flooded the air as hutch came pulling in with his black dodge diesel with a horse trailer in tow. Two horse heads popped out of the windows as he killed the engine of the loud truck. Opening the door he hopped out and looked around before shutting the door and walking back behind the trailer to unload Black and Cyclone. Opening the trailer door, both stallions nickered loudly as the light entered the entrence of the trailer. Only a sile played on his face as he walking in and began unloading both one at a time. It wasn't long till both black and Cyclone stood side by side tied to the trailer.

"Ummmm. I think I wanna go into the covered. I noticed that it had just been raked and wanted to be one of the first ones to ride in it. It's so much easier to track where you're going when you can accually see where you have traked. If you know what I mean." Rhylie replies and smirks. "After I work Grace, I wanted to take her out on the trails. You wanna risk it with me?" Rhylie bursts out laughing knowing they're never allowed on the trails unless a trainer is with them, but Shay and her have done it several times before and have never gotten caught.

She walks next to Shay, with Grace on her other side, to the covered arena and walks onto the freshly raked dirt. Grace stands as she mounts and they walk around the arena calmly then Rhylie pushes her into a slow trot and she keeps that pace for 2 times around the arena each way. Once she's going good, Rhylie asks for the canter. Grace picks it up effortlessly and they do 1 lap around the arena each way. Then Rhylie starts getting her to do more serious work. They do circles, serpentines, circle serpentines, figure eights, breaking at the pole, flexing, bending, half-passing, side-passing, ect. Anything Rhylie could think of, she got Grace to do. "Good girl." she praises and gives her a rub on the neck.

"You want me to set up anything?" Rhylie calls to Shay.

Shay laughed at Rhylie until her sides hurt. "You mean 'the forbidden trails?'" Shay asked as her eyes grew wide with fear.

The dirt in the covered arena was just right today, not too deep, not hard or too dusty. Shay mounted Cross and landed gently in the saddle and adjusted her feet in the alluminum sturrips. She and Cross started off going down the trail at a smooth trot and then a lope. Shay also worked on flexion, serpentines, and backing, and spins. " I have been watching you do too much reining" she said picking on Rhylie.

"Whatever you want to set up is fine with me. Cross only knows barrels and poles, so you choose!"

Shay noticed a trailer rumbling up to the barn.

"Who's here?" She called to her best friend.