Sign in to follow this  
Dynamic

Want to be Critiqued?

Can you critique these?

This is me and the horse I show Smudge, she isn't mine, but I do have permission to have her critiqued. Her owner said I could pretend she is mine. Plus, I just qualified for Jr. Champs, so I need to know what I can do to improve her and of course me [big Grin][smileywavey]

I know my hands are awful in most of the pics, I need to bring them up and together, keep in mind that she had only been doing dressage for three months when this was taken. We are showing Tr. 1 and 2.

Smudge

Smudge

Smudge

She isn't square, silly pony. [Razz]Smudge

Smudge

Smudge

I also know that my upper body needs to be brought back a bit more, as well as my leg.

I love this mare! [big Grin]

Thanks in advance!

Can you critique these?

This is me and the horse I show Smudge, she isn't mine, but I do have permission to have her critiqued. Her owner said I could pretend she is mine. Plus, I just qualified for Jr. Champs, so I need to know what I can do to improve her and of course me [big Grin][smileywavey]

I know my hands are awful in most of the pics, I need to bring them up and together, keep in mind that she had only been doing dressage for three months when this was taken. We are showing Tr. 1 and 2.

Smudge

Smudge

Smudge

She isn't square, silly pony. [Razz]Smudge

Smudge

Smudge

I also know that my upper body needs to be brought back a bit more, as well as my leg.

I love this mare! [big Grin]

Thanks in advance!

To RedBand: I love your horse. What breed is he?

1st: You guys are trveling very hollow instead of rounded. Remember not to pull on his mouth for our balance. Here your leg has slipped back. Your toe needs to be in and your heel down. Your seat bones are nice. Sit up straiht with your armas back. You needs your hands to be straight up and vertical and on either side of the horse's neck, look up!

2nd- I would push your horse forward even more to try to move into the contact. He has his head up. Rememebr toe in. and Heel down. Back straight witht the shoulders back. Hands the same as above. Your head and eyes are better here.

3rd-Position the same as above, but here your hands are much better. Do you have the reins wrapped around your hands? Not good. Your back is better here as with your eyes.

4th- Toes in and heel down. He is moving nicly here. Still could go forward. You need to be in the center of your seta bones and in the center of the horse. Rememeber to roll your shoulders back and straighten up your back. Bend a 90* angle at the elbow to bring the hands up and off the neck. Keep up the nice work!

To RedBand: I love your horse. What breed is he?

1st: You guys are trveling very hollow instead of rounded. Remember not to pull on his mouth for our balance. Here your leg has slipped back. Your toe needs to be in and your heel down. Your seat bones are nice. Sit up straiht with your armas back. You needs your hands to be straight up and vertical and on either side of the horse's neck, look up!

2nd- I would push your horse forward even more to try to move into the contact. He has his head up. Rememebr toe in. and Heel down. Back straight witht the shoulders back. Hands the same as above. Your head and eyes are better here.

3rd-Position the same as above, but here your hands are much better. Do you have the reins wrapped around your hands? Not good. Your back is better here as with your eyes.

4th- Toes in and heel down. He is moving nicly here. Still could go forward. You need to be in the center of your seta bones and in the center of the horse. Rememeber to roll your shoulders back and straighten up your back. Bend a 90* angle at the elbow to bring the hands up and off the neck. Keep up the nice work!

To HunterProncess: I love roans! Your guys look very nicely turned out. The horse's amne and tail should be braided at the hight you are jumping. Your boots need to be wiped off before you enter the show ring.

1st- You have collapsed on the horse's neck. You need to start being independent of your horse. Your leg has also slipped forward, which is very odd. I think you were jumping ahead of the horse. I can't see you lower leg. Your hands need not to be tucked into your body. Your eyes are nice. your horse is nicely jumping.

2nd- I don't like the way you came at this jump. You are very croocked and didn't give your horse a nice spot. This really hurt his jumping position here. Here you have jumped ahead again, since your horse took a long spot. Your lower leg is nice, you need to be back in the saddle. I like your back. you need your upper leg to be in the saddle. Maybe it is the saddle, I might look into maybe getting a larger one. try to start getting off the horse's neck.

3rd- Your leg is nice, but again too far forward. Your whole body is still not in the saddle. Yout hands are nice, but you have no contact with the horse's mouth, if he was to shy imediatly after the landing you would be off. Try to have a straight back, instead of hunched.

4th- Your position is the same as the others. Heel down more. You need contact with the horse's mouth, don't throw him away over the jumps.

5th-Same as above, I like your heel better here and your toe. Keep up the good work!

To HunterProncess: I love roans! Your guys look very nicely turned out. The horse's amne and tail should be braided at the hight you are jumping. Your boots need to be wiped off before you enter the show ring.

1st- You have collapsed on the horse's neck. You need to start being independent of your horse. Your leg has also slipped forward, which is very odd. I think you were jumping ahead of the horse. I can't see you lower leg. Your hands need not to be tucked into your body. Your eyes are nice. your horse is nicely jumping.

2nd- I don't like the way you came at this jump. You are very croocked and didn't give your horse a nice spot. This really hurt his jumping position here. Here you have jumped ahead again, since your horse took a long spot. Your lower leg is nice, you need to be back in the saddle. I like your back. you need your upper leg to be in the saddle. Maybe it is the saddle, I might look into maybe getting a larger one. try to start getting off the horse's neck.

3rd- Your leg is nice, but again too far forward. Your whole body is still not in the saddle. Yout hands are nice, but you have no contact with the horse's mouth, if he was to shy imediatly after the landing you would be off. Try to have a straight back, instead of hunched.

4th- Your position is the same as the others. Heel down more. You need contact with the horse's mouth, don't throw him away over the jumps.

5th-Same as above, I like your heel better here and your toe. Keep up the good work!

JustJumpers: You guys are nicely turned out. I would like to see braids. You are at a high level and you need to start being a little bit more nicely turned out. I might have chosen a different color saddle pad. Your leg is nice and on, your toe needs to come in. Your knee needs to be on the horse as well as your upper leg. I like how you are close to the saddle. Your martingale seems a little too long. I like your back, however, it is roached try to make it flat. I like your eyes and head. Your release is good, but I would start relying less on the horse's neck for support. You have tilted your hands, try to make them straight and vertical. i like the contact on the horse's mouth. I bet you guys did very well. What did you place? Keep up the excellent work!

JustJumpers: You guys are nicely turned out. I would like to see braids. You are at a high level and you need to start being a little bit more nicely turned out. I might have chosen a different color saddle pad. Your leg is nice and on, your toe needs to come in. Your knee needs to be on the horse as well as your upper leg. I like how you are close to the saddle. Your martingale seems a little too long. I like your back, however, it is roached try to make it flat. I like your eyes and head. Your release is good, but I would start relying less on the horse's neck for support. You have tilted your hands, try to make them straight and vertical. i like the contact on the horse's mouth. I bet you guys did very well. What did you place? Keep up the excellent work!

Thank you! as for the braiding, it was a college show, so we drew names in the morning for the horses, right before our classes, so there wasn't any time for braids. It was just a schooling show, and there wasn't a single horse there that was braided.

Thank you! as for the braiding, it was a college show, so we drew names in the morning for the horses, right before our classes, so there wasn't any time for braids. It was just a schooling show, and there wasn't a single horse there that was braided.

To *Maddux_Eventer*: I love the pink! ll you need now is a pink helmet and a pink vest. It would be cute! [smile]

1st- It looks like your horse has a lot of talent and is gettting a little lazy because she is dropping her knees a little bit, however she is clearing the jump fine. I would like to see your leg a little bit closer to under your body. I like how you are close to the saddle. I would like to see you a little more off the neck and a little bit more contact on the reins. I like your back, eyes, and head.

2nd- Your leg has slipped back and you are a little behind the motion. I don't like how your horse's legs are crossed. I like your contact a little bit more here. Youare still really hanging on the horse's neck. I would like to see your heel down a little bit more for support. Try to move a little bit more back in the saddle. Just like above. I love your eyes, head, and back. Keep up the excellent work!

To *Maddux_Eventer*: I love the pink! ll you need now is a pink helmet and a pink vest. It would be cute! [smile]

1st- It looks like your horse has a lot of talent and is gettting a little lazy because she is dropping her knees a little bit, however she is clearing the jump fine. I would like to see your leg a little bit closer to under your body. I like how you are close to the saddle. I would like to see you a little more off the neck and a little bit more contact on the reins. I like your back, eyes, and head.

2nd- Your leg has slipped back and you are a little behind the motion. I don't like how your horse's legs are crossed. I like your contact a little bit more here. Youare still really hanging on the horse's neck. I would like to see your heel down a little bit more for support. Try to move a little bit more back in the saddle. Just like above. I love your eyes, head, and back. Keep up the excellent work!

quote:

Originally posted by jockey_girl:

[QB]Could you critique Zeus and me? It was our first show together and Zeus was scared of all of the ppl and noise so if he looks scared or tense, that's why. QB]

]

Where do you ride at if you dont mind me asking? You can pm me if you would like.

Thanks,

Kim

quote:

Originally posted by jockey_girl:

[QB]Could you critique Zeus and me? It was our first show together and Zeus was scared of all of the ppl and noise so if he looks scared or tense, that's why. QB]

]

Where do you ride at if you dont mind me asking? You can pm me if you would like.

Thanks,

Kim

Hope I'm not intruding. But I have noticed an awful lot of riders that would have an awful lot of problems solved if they shortened their stirrups. A couple jumping pics had stirrups so long I wouldn't use them for Western [Crazy]

Dynamic you're doing a great job. If I had any English pics to show you I would post them on here. Next year I will have some good IHSA ones.

Hope I'm not intruding. But I have noticed an awful lot of riders that would have an awful lot of problems solved if they shortened their stirrups. A couple jumping pics had stirrups so long I wouldn't use them for Western [Crazy]

Dynamic you're doing a great job. If I had any English pics to show you I would post them on here. Next year I will have some good IHSA ones.

Right, my sister's friend wants me, again, to post some of her pictures for critique. Yes, I realize she should do it herself, but she's not much with a computer. Anyhow, some of these are sideways, and a little harder. And I'm not even including the blurred up ones [big Grin]

-

-

-

Critique on rider in first and third, pony in second, please. He's not hers, he's a schooling pony. And yes, it has been noted that his saddle needs to be slid back and that the side reins are not necessary. She doesn't ride in them anymore. Thanks! [Not Worthy]

Right, my sister's friend wants me, again, to post some of her pictures for critique. Yes, I realize she should do it herself, but she's not much with a computer. Anyhow, some of these are sideways, and a little harder. And I'm not even including the blurred up ones [big Grin]

-

-

-

Critique on rider in first and third, pony in second, please. He's not hers, he's a schooling pony. And yes, it has been noted that his saddle needs to be slid back and that the side reins are not necessary. She doesn't ride in them anymore. Thanks! [Not Worthy]

critique but not too hard please, I just got over my fear of jumping about 1.5 years ago [Embarrassed] . Oh, and you might not see my pictures for a while, still trying to figure out how to post them, oh, and this is the same horse that silverleprichuan is riding (we're sisters) the pictures will be of me and my baby addie, 2 jumping and some flat if I have any. Thank you very much [smile] Well, here is a shot of postin the pics. These were taken last summer, so some of the fauls have already been corrected, but we haven't been really jumping so much lately, just over 2'6" we're sill working on our control, or should I say my control issues. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/DeR...p7/P1010214.jpg http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/DeR...showstable2.jpg my lower leg has slipped back in the seccond one and my toes are kinda out, but i stink at critiquing, especially myself, so please be kinda tough on that one http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/DeR...7/10sep0527.jpg I'm makin a funny face in this one http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/DeR...7/tp_pix_38.jpg this was taken last summer, her head looks really big (it is kinda big, but not as big as this pic. makes it seem) well, if they show up then thank you for critiquing! [smiley Wavey]

critique but not too hard please, I just got over my fear of jumping about 1.5 years ago [Embarrassed] . Oh, and you might not see my pictures for a while, still trying to figure out how to post them, oh, and this is the same horse that silverleprichuan is riding (we're sisters) the pictures will be of me and my baby addie, 2 jumping and some flat if I have any. Thank you very much [smile] Well, here is a shot of postin the pics. These were taken last summer, so some of the fauls have already been corrected, but we haven't been really jumping so much lately, just over 2'6" we're sill working on our control, or should I say my control issues. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/DeR...p7/P1010214.jpg http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/DeR...showstable2.jpg my lower leg has slipped back in the seccond one and my toes are kinda out, but i stink at critiquing, especially myself, so please be kinda tough on that one http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/DeR...7/10sep0527.jpg I'm makin a funny face in this one http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/DeR...7/tp_pix_38.jpg this was taken last summer, her head looks really big (it is kinda big, but not as big as this pic. makes it seem) well, if they show up then thank you for critiquing! [smiley Wavey]