Sign in to follow this  
Dynamic

Want to be Critiqued?

To Arko III: I can't really see very much. Do you have another picture? Maybe clearer and of you moving? The only thing I can clearly see is taht you are arching your back a little too much. You guys look cutie together.

To Arko III: I can't really see very much. Do you have another picture? Maybe clearer and of you moving? The only thing I can clearly see is taht you are arching your back a little too much. You guys look cutie together.

To GC RIDER : What a cute horse! And super clean!Nice Job! Put on a helmet. Don't ride without one on, you could get hurt. your horse is nicely on the bit, arabian right? Are you doing a tranisition down from a trot? If you are still troting, you need to move her forward. She is not even close to tracking up. Your heels are nice and so is your lower leg. Your knee seems to be just slightly pointing out, just a little. Yout hands are WAY in you chest. Bend at the elbow to bring our hands up. Your contact is uneven. It looks like she is slightly bent out, but maybe thinking of coming in. your back is arched. I would like to see you tuck your tailbone in, so your butt is not sticking out wich will bring your back in. Try to roll your shoulders back. You are looking where you are going, good. You seem to know what your doing, just work on some of the basics. Keep up the good work and you could go far.

To GC RIDER : What a cute horse! And super clean!Nice Job! Put on a helmet. Don't ride without one on, you could get hurt. your horse is nicely on the bit, arabian right? Are you doing a tranisition down from a trot? If you are still troting, you need to move her forward. She is not even close to tracking up. Your heels are nice and so is your lower leg. Your knee seems to be just slightly pointing out, just a little. Yout hands are WAY in you chest. Bend at the elbow to bring our hands up. Your contact is uneven. It looks like she is slightly bent out, but maybe thinking of coming in. your back is arched. I would like to see you tuck your tailbone in, so your butt is not sticking out wich will bring your back in. Try to roll your shoulders back. You are looking where you are going, good. You seem to know what your doing, just work on some of the basics. Keep up the good work and you could go far.

quote:

Originally posted by DynamicDuo:

well thank you!!Your advice was very decent and well put out, i appreciate it. It was at a transition or i think it was a sitting trot ahh...lol i don't remember [Confused] . But yes my horse does need to track up anyways. Your actually the first person to like where my horse headset is i think. But in some of my other pics my hands are too low and creating an artificial headset. This was the only pic i kinda like. But don't worry everything is improving highly. Thanx much ur a great person to have critique!!

xoxo,

~~*DrEa*~~

quote:

well thank you!!Your advice was very decent and well put out, i appreciate it. It was at a transition or i think it was a sitting trot ahh...lol i don't remember [Confused] . But yes my horse does need to track up anyways. Your actually the first person to like where my horse headset is i think. But in some of my other pics my hands are too low and creating an artificial headset. This was the only pic i kinda like. But don't worry everything is improving highly. Thanx much ur a great person to have critique!!

xoxo,

~~*DrEa*~~

Might as well, just for fun, to see someone else's perspective on it. They aren't the best pictures, and not necessarily my best form, but if I did have great form I wouldn't be taking lessons to learn, now would I? [Wink]

The pictures were from a lesson last fall (I don't really show much). The horse is a lesson horse, so please don't be too hard on him, I know his form is probably just as bad as mine [Wink]

-

-

-

Might as well, just for fun, to see someone else's perspective on it. They aren't the best pictures, and not necessarily my best form, but if I did have great form I wouldn't be taking lessons to learn, now would I? [Wink]

The pictures were from a lesson last fall (I don't really show much). The horse is a lesson horse, so please don't be too hard on him, I know his form is probably just as bad as mine [Wink]

-

-

-

Thank u dyamicduo- like I said that was a while back, I now have a great trainer I work for to get lessons u can visit her webpage at Summer Breeze Stables My horse did VERY well as did I yesterday, sorry I didnt take any pics from there but I was doing so well and concentrating i forgot to tell my mom to take some. I was shown some of my mistakes such as the hands(my big pain) but that seems to be fixed now after a few lessons!My horse perfectly held her head and now i feel stupid for calling her stupid horse. Well i will try to take some pics tomarrow after school at my place and show ya our improvements. As for my bro he has been out riding for a while, his horse hurt herself.I am also teaching him what I learn, since my parents cant quite fork out money out due to my gramps death! Hey but I will try throwing him up on my horse. Yes my bros horse is an App and thanks alot about my braiding job and my horses show shape!!Hey keep this up, its a great post, ur very helpful, are u a trainer?JW!! [big Grin][angel]

Thank u dyamicduo- like I said that was a while back, I now have a great trainer I work for to get lessons u can visit her webpage at Summer Breeze Stables My horse did VERY well as did I yesterday, sorry I didnt take any pics from there but I was doing so well and concentrating i forgot to tell my mom to take some. I was shown some of my mistakes such as the hands(my big pain) but that seems to be fixed now after a few lessons!My horse perfectly held her head and now i feel stupid for calling her stupid horse. Well i will try to take some pics tomarrow after school at my place and show ya our improvements. As for my bro he has been out riding for a while, his horse hurt herself.I am also teaching him what I learn, since my parents cant quite fork out money out due to my gramps death! Hey but I will try throwing him up on my horse. Yes my bros horse is an App and thanks alot about my braiding job and my horses show shape!!Hey keep this up, its a great post, ur very helpful, are u a trainer?JW!! [big Grin][angel]

quote:

To hunter-jumper'nstuff: Finally! I like how you look in this picture, the jacket, the number, breeches, boots, and your hair is back. Next time I would wear gloves. Your horse is not as spiffy his mane might need to be braided along with his tail. However, his coat is glossy! I am not a fan of fuzzy girths, unless your horse really needs one. His legs are up, but not too tight, but ok for the hight. Your leg looks like it has fallen behind the girth a little too much. This has made you just slightly jump ahead. Your hands are nice, but you don't look like a begineer so don't touch the neck. You could move your whole nbody down a bit so you can recover from the landing beter. Your back is nice and flat. Did you take this jump at a diaonal? Keep up the good work.

Wait, just a tad bit confused...so your saying I should get closer to his neck, but i'm jumping ahead? Wouldn't that just make it worse? Or did i just read it wrong [big Grin] (it's been known to happen [Roll Eyes] )

Thanks for the critique though!! It was the 2nd time i had ever jumped that horse so we decided to be safe and go for a 2'3" class, but he was an [angel] so i could have at least done 2'9", oh well... Anywhoo, it was a schooling show, and I was riding another horse, and I am the worst braider of all time so I didn't braid *wince*!!! Better learn how to get better pretty quick!!

Thanks again!

-mia

quote:

To hunter-jumper'nstuff: Finally! I like how you look in this picture, the jacket, the number, breeches, boots, and your hair is back. Next time I would wear gloves. Your horse is not as spiffy his mane might need to be braided along with his tail. However, his coat is glossy! I am not a fan of fuzzy girths, unless your horse really needs one. His legs are up, but not too tight, but ok for the hight. Your leg looks like it has fallen behind the girth a little too much. This has made you just slightly jump ahead. Your hands are nice, but you don't look like a begineer so don't touch the neck. You could move your whole nbody down a bit so you can recover from the landing beter. Your back is nice and flat. Did you take this jump at a diaonal? Keep up the good work.

Wait, just a tad bit confused...so your saying I should get closer to his neck, but i'm jumping ahead? Wouldn't that just make it worse? Or did i just read it wrong [big Grin] (it's been known to happen [Roll Eyes] )

Thanks for the critique though!! It was the 2nd time i had ever jumped that horse so we decided to be safe and go for a 2'3" class, but he was an [angel] so i could have at least done 2'9", oh well... Anywhoo, it was a schooling show, and I was riding another horse, and I am the worst braider of all time so I didn't braid *wince*!!! Better learn how to get better pretty quick!!

Thanks again!

-mia

well here is some up date pisc(hint i kinda f hurt my elbows last night during gaming when I fell off so thats why my arms are a lil straigh, horse spooked and I landed on my elbows, well have fun with these

- Jump~I think I didnt close my hip right.

- I think this is a good take off

- I think I went a lil too back for this landing

- I personally like this one

- Ugly sit-trot - Trotting

well here is some up date pisc(hint i kinda f hurt my elbows last night during gaming when I fell off so thats why my arms are a lil straigh, horse spooked and I landed on my elbows, well have fun with these

- Jump~I think I didnt close my hip right.

- I think this is a good take off

- I think I went a lil too back for this landing

- I personally like this one

- Ugly sit-trot - Trotting

quote:

Originally posted by aqha reiner:

BarnBarb- Not to sound all hoity-toity but you deserve a medal for jumping that horse. Heavens to Betsy!

Thanks [big Grin] He's a challenge! His head tends to go in whatever way it wants, and he sometimes forgets he has 4 feet, lol. He used to be a pasture ornament before he was bought by the barn I ride at, so he tends to "complain" about actually having to work, lol. There are only a handful, maybe around 5 or so, of people who ride him out of all the people who take lessons at the barn, so you must be a special kind of crazy to ride him [big Grin][Razz]

On the plus side, he does seem to enjoy jumping, just not really flatwork. He probably expends more energy swishing his butt, cow-kicking, or bucking than he would if he just did what we were asking in the first place [Roll Eyes][Razz] during flatwork

quote:

Originally posted by aqha reiner:

BarnBarb- Not to sound all hoity-toity but you deserve a medal for jumping that horse. Heavens to Betsy!

Thanks [big Grin] He's a challenge! His head tends to go in whatever way it wants, and he sometimes forgets he has 4 feet, lol. He used to be a pasture ornament before he was bought by the barn I ride at, so he tends to "complain" about actually having to work, lol. There are only a handful, maybe around 5 or so, of people who ride him out of all the people who take lessons at the barn, so you must be a special kind of crazy to ride him [big Grin][Razz]

On the plus side, he does seem to enjoy jumping, just not really flatwork. He probably expends more energy swishing his butt, cow-kicking, or bucking than he would if he just did what we were asking in the first place [Roll Eyes][Razz] during flatwork

No jumping pics due to some horse issues, however I do have a few horrible pics of the Lu and me at the first show of the season. I realize my position is pretty much vomit inducing and I know everything that I need to work on pretty much but I thought that this would be fun anyways. I might be able to get some better ones tomorrow, depends though.

Pic one (Friday)

Pic two (Friday)

Pic three (Sat)

No jumping pics due to some horse issues, however I do have a few horrible pics of the Lu and me at the first show of the season. I realize my position is pretty much vomit inducing and I know everything that I need to work on pretty much but I thought that this would be fun anyways. I might be able to get some better ones tomorrow, depends though.

Pic one (Friday)

Pic two (Friday)

Pic three (Sat)

Coulden't find where my pipe opener pictures were from 3 weeks ago. Mom likes to hide them. So heres from a year ago. My ridings improved ALOT since then and I got the coat cut down, so BUTCHER ME!!

-

Walk...

-

Canter. Dunno what Im doing with my hands. But he was being a bum dragging me down.

-

'Nother canter photo.

-

Im the one on the far right on the grey.

Oh lookie! January pictures!

-

Grey arab.

-

Caught mid-turn.

Thats it! Thank you!

Coulden't find where my pipe opener pictures were from 3 weeks ago. Mom likes to hide them. So heres from a year ago. My ridings improved ALOT since then and I got the coat cut down, so BUTCHER ME!!

-

Walk...

-

Canter. Dunno what Im doing with my hands. But he was being a bum dragging me down.

-

'Nother canter photo.

-

Im the one on the far right on the grey.

Oh lookie! January pictures!

-

Grey arab.

-

Caught mid-turn.

Thats it! Thank you!

quote:

Originally posted by Just_Ducky:

Just_Ducky: were those pictures taken at Oxley Equestrian Center (aka Cornell horse barn)? The arena looks really really really familiar. lol. Anyways, that's where I ride Bugsy and hope to board him if i get him. [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by Just_Ducky:

Just_Ducky: were those pictures taken at Oxley Equestrian Center (aka Cornell horse barn)? The arena looks really really really familiar. lol. Anyways, that's where I ride Bugsy and hope to board him if i get him. [big Grin]