Sign in to follow this  
pony_lover

*asks bashfully*...

Critique pretty please?? [Embarrassed]

This is from a few months ago, but I these are the best pictures of me riding that I have so far. I was riding in walk/trot on a draft. He was about 17.0hh I believe. I won the class, and I felt really comfortable, but of course, I'm always curious as to what others think. They have a slight motion blur. So here ya go!

In the first picture, I think my leg was starting to slip to the girth. This guy was w--i--d--e. [Eek!] But if he was for sale, I would have bought him no questions asked.

Thank you! [smiley Wavey]

http://community.webshots.com/photo/229405...229405457YUaVLg

http://community.webshots.com/photo/229406...229406728kKegRW

Critique pretty please?? [Embarrassed]

This is from a few months ago, but I these are the best pictures of me riding that I have so far. I was riding in walk/trot on a draft. He was about 17.0hh I believe. I won the class, and I felt really comfortable, but of course, I'm always curious as to what others think. They have a slight motion blur. So here ya go!

In the first picture, I think my leg was starting to slip to the girth. This guy was w--i--d--e. [Eek!] But if he was for sale, I would have bought him no questions asked.

Thank you! [smiley Wavey]

http://community.webshots.com/photo/229405...229405457YUaVLg

http://community.webshots.com/photo/229406...229406728kKegRW

Hmmm, not the best pics to critique but the main thing I can see is that dropping your stirrups a hole or two would be beneficial and that you have piano hands slightly...thumbs on top! [big Grin]

Hmmm, not the best pics to critique but the main thing I can see is that dropping your stirrups a hole or two would be beneficial and that you have piano hands slightly...thumbs on top! [big Grin]

[shocked] how wide is the saddle on that guy??

hmmmm.. i think you look ALITTLE small on him...

[big Grin]

i was looking through your album, you seem to ride/have a lot of draft or draft crosses, thats awsome! is that the samw horse that your jumping in the other photos? i cant tell.

[ 07-18-2005, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: BisQuickDoc ]

[shocked] how wide is the saddle on that guy??

hmmmm.. i think you look ALITTLE small on him...

[big Grin]

i was looking through your album, you seem to ride/have a lot of draft or draft crosses, thats awsome! is that the samw horse that your jumping in the other photos? i cant tell.

[ 07-18-2005, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: BisQuickDoc ]

Your leg is too far forward and you appear to have a chair seat. Ditto to the piano hands, you ideally want them forming an upside down 'v'

/\

Cute Horse!

Your leg is too far forward and you appear to have a chair seat. Ditto to the piano hands, you ideally want them forming an upside down 'v'

/\

Cute Horse!

No jumping photos. Those are of some of the other girls on the team. I was just walk/trot then.

I don't remember having piano hands, but it's possible. As for the stirrups, I think they were short too. But this was an IHSA show. No schooling. Just get on, adjust to how you think, and ride.

He had an enormous stride and had a trot that nearly through me out of the saddle. Basically felt like I was posting to the canter, which I can't do! lol So the chair seat probably came from the fact that I was a bit behind. But I do remember the coach telling me to keep my legs under me. I had a problem with that at the time.

But yeah, it definitely felt like I was riding a barrel. [big Grin]

Thanks for the critiques! If I get some decent new ones, I'll definitely post them.

Anyone else?

No jumping photos. Those are of some of the other girls on the team. I was just walk/trot then.

I don't remember having piano hands, but it's possible. As for the stirrups, I think they were short too. But this was an IHSA show. No schooling. Just get on, adjust to how you think, and ride.

He had an enormous stride and had a trot that nearly through me out of the saddle. Basically felt like I was posting to the canter, which I can't do! lol So the chair seat probably came from the fact that I was a bit behind. But I do remember the coach telling me to keep my legs under me. I had a problem with that at the time.

But yeah, it definitely felt like I was riding a barrel. [big Grin]

Thanks for the critiques! If I get some decent new ones, I'll definitely post them.

Anyone else?

I'm at the University of Mary Washington. IHSA is the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association. You can't use your own horse, your own tack, etc. You draw a horse, if you're lucky you get to so him go in another class, then you get on, adjust your stirrups (nothing else) and go out into the ring. It's stressful, but fun. Sometimes you draw great, sometimes you get the worst horse alive.

For the pics I posted, I drew excellently. I was the only one to ride him. He was brought out for me at the end of the day, and stabled afterwards. He was a talker, too! For the entire time he was just whinnying to everybody. Felt really weird! [big Grin]

I'm at the University of Mary Washington. IHSA is the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association. You can't use your own horse, your own tack, etc. You draw a horse, if you're lucky you get to so him go in another class, then you get on, adjust your stirrups (nothing else) and go out into the ring. It's stressful, but fun. Sometimes you draw great, sometimes you get the worst horse alive.

For the pics I posted, I drew excellently. I was the only one to ride him. He was brought out for me at the end of the day, and stabled afterwards. He was a talker, too! For the entire time he was just whinnying to everybody. Felt really weird! [big Grin]

I wanna say he was about 17hh. I nearly ripped my breaches trying to get on him. My coach asked if I wanted a mounting block or a leg up. Well...let's just say I'm glad I didn't opt for the leg up!

I'm about 5'7", so you can see how huge he was. Just a doll though. He gave me a kiss when we were done. [Wink]

I wanna say he was about 17hh. I nearly ripped my breaches trying to get on him. My coach asked if I wanted a mounting block or a leg up. Well...let's just say I'm glad I didn't opt for the leg up!

I'm about 5'7", so you can see how huge he was. Just a doll though. He gave me a kiss when we were done. [Wink]

The angle of the pictures is very hard to critique...but from what I can see you guys look very good.

I'd like to see you bring the leg back and ride slightly more off your crotch so that you can feel your seatbones in the saddle. Your hands look quiet....just bring the thumbs up darling!

[Jump]

The angle of the pictures is very hard to critique...but from what I can see you guys look very good.

I'd like to see you bring the leg back and ride slightly more off your crotch so that you can feel your seatbones in the saddle. Your hands look quiet....just bring the thumbs up darling!

[Jump]

Thank you, monkeyboys!

He was so wide that I think I was starting to grip with my knees. It didn't feel like my lower legs were on his side at all!

LOL! I just thought about something else! We were being judged at the walk (the commands come over the loud speaker), and we were doing just fine. All relaxed, he was chatting, people were pointing and talking about how cute he was. Then "trot your horses please". He wasn't super-sensitive, but I squeezed him into the trot, and he took a HUGE step. I thought he was cantering! But that's just his trot stride! So I experienced whiplash going 5 mph. My legs slipped forward, my heels came up, and I don't even want to know what my face looked like. Of course that all happened in front of the judge. [Roll Eyes] But I guess I covered pretty well.

I can share sympathy with you. I rode a Percheron cross(17+hh) that had the worst trot EVER. I felt like I was on...I don't know but he threw me like a foot out of the saddle. And lets just say I ended up getting bucked off by the end of the ride. [Mad]

The only thing I see wrong is your chair seat. I do believe though in the ISHA you cannot ride in your tack. If that saddle was yours, it definitely doesn't suit you. It is an all purpose and the flaps look too long/straight(more of a dressage length). I think your stirrups look too long. Try riding a draft(if you can) without stirrups and see if you still ride in a chair seat.

Thank you, monkeyboys!

He was so wide that I think I was starting to grip with my knees. It didn't feel like my lower legs were on his side at all!

LOL! I just thought about something else! We were being judged at the walk (the commands come over the loud speaker), and we were doing just fine. All relaxed, he was chatting, people were pointing and talking about how cute he was. Then "trot your horses please". He wasn't super-sensitive, but I squeezed him into the trot, and he took a HUGE step. I thought he was cantering! But that's just his trot stride! So I experienced whiplash going 5 mph. My legs slipped forward, my heels came up, and I don't even want to know what my face looked like. Of course that all happened in front of the judge. [Roll Eyes] But I guess I covered pretty well.

I can share sympathy with you. I rode a Percheron cross(17+hh) that had the worst trot EVER. I felt like I was on...I don't know but he threw me like a foot out of the saddle. And lets just say I ended up getting bucked off by the end of the ride. [Mad]

The only thing I see wrong is your chair seat. I do believe though in the ISHA you cannot ride in your tack. If that saddle was yours, it definitely doesn't suit you. It is an all purpose and the flaps look too long/straight(more of a dressage length). I think your stirrups look too long. Try riding a draft(if you can) without stirrups and see if you still ride in a chair seat.

Yeah, not my tack. The only horse that's even remotely as wide as he is, is a haflinger something cross pony, and he's only about 14hh. No real big-bodied horses around here that I can think of.

But that's what I want...a draft/draft-cross. [Wink] I actually just found a website that I'll be watching very closely for horses like those.

[ 07-18-2005, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: pony_lover ]

Yeah, not my tack. The only horse that's even remotely as wide as he is, is a haflinger something cross pony, and he's only about 14hh. No real big-bodied horses around here that I can think of.

But that's what I want...a draft/draft-cross. [Wink] I actually just found a website that I'll be watching very closely for horses like those.

[ 07-18-2005, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: pony_lover ]