Sign in to follow this  
webo124

**The Offical English October Chat**

Let's have a nice chat here on this little dying English Board. Post updates, pictures, critiques, whatever you want. Don't let this post die... and dissapear. You can talk about anything, even if it doesn't have to do with English riding!

Please remember, no flaming, no advertising, and be nice! [big Grin]

Let's have a nice chat here on this little dying English Board. Post updates, pictures, critiques, whatever you want. Don't let this post die... and dissapear. You can talk about anything, even if it doesn't have to do with English riding!

Please remember, no flaming, no advertising, and be nice! [big Grin]

I'll post my update. Well... let's see, hmm what's new? OH YA!!!!!!! I GOT A HORSE! His name's Tempo and he's a 15 year old 16hh chestnut Thoroughbred gelding. I'm really happy with him, and we've come really far already! Let me just post some pics [Wink]

-

-

-

You may critique if you want! Thanks, let's hear about all of you! [big Grin]

I'll post my update. Well... let's see, hmm what's new? OH YA!!!!!!! I GOT A HORSE! His name's Tempo and he's a 15 year old 16hh chestnut Thoroughbred gelding. I'm really happy with him, and we've come really far already! Let me just post some pics [Wink]

-

-

-

You may critique if you want! Thanks, let's hear about all of you! [big Grin]

Umm... I guess I'll start this little shin-dig... I just got back from a show this morning and wow... what a long day yesterday was! Up at 3am and home at 1:30 this morning... But never-the-less it was really great. Nuala's second 'rated' show and it turned out much better than her first (thank goodness!). She did very well and we recieved quite a few compliments and it was really great to see how all the work that I've put into her has paid off.

Umm... I guess I'll start this little shin-dig... I just got back from a show this morning and wow... what a long day yesterday was! Up at 3am and home at 1:30 this morning... But never-the-less it was really great. Nuala's second 'rated' show and it turned out much better than her first (thank goodness!). She did very well and we recieved quite a few compliments and it was really great to see how all the work that I've put into her has paid off.

I got a chestnut OTTB this summer too. I have him for about 3 months. He's such a doll. He's come really far. We haven't started cantering, but he's doing really well at the trot, I just need to slow him down more. Does anyone know any english exercises I can do? (other than serpentines, circles, and firgure 8s)

Edited: posted some pictures, and I forgot to sya what his name was, [Duh] his name is Ice. I think some of you may have seen the pictures I posted.

Here are some pictures:

-

-

[ 10-02-2005, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: LaurentheGreat'sMax ]

I got a chestnut OTTB this summer too. I have him for about 3 months. He's such a doll. He's come really far. We haven't started cantering, but he's doing really well at the trot, I just need to slow him down more. Does anyone know any english exercises I can do? (other than serpentines, circles, and firgure 8s)

Edited: posted some pictures, and I forgot to sya what his name was, [Duh] his name is Ice. I think some of you may have seen the pictures I posted.

Here are some pictures:

-

-

[ 10-02-2005, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: LaurentheGreat'sMax ]

welll....ummm... I am leasing a horse this month. His name is Country News, and like the rest of you he is a tb gelding [smile] I luv him to bits. I have been riding him for a while. I think we are going to start jumping soon i am so sikeddddd [big Grin]

welll....ummm... I am leasing a horse this month. His name is Country News, and like the rest of you he is a tb gelding [smile] I luv him to bits. I have been riding him for a while. I think we are going to start jumping soon i am so sikeddddd [big Grin]

My friend just got a new horse...not really happy bout the situation I guess...

She was looking for a young horse (under 6 Y/O) could jump 3 ft courses, was at least 16 hands, and was pre-trained to perfection. Well obviously that isnt something easy to find. So she traveled to Massachusettes from NY to look at one, a 4 year old percheron X TB,16 hands, and jumps 2'6. Sounded really nice. So naturally she baught her after missing school to go down and see her. I got to look at her a few days after she got her...and personally I dont think she was really worth the long drive and money [Frown] She has a percheron head and front end, with a tiny thoroughbred but and thin legs. Then the horse wouldnt go into the stall because it was just being a brat. It also, while "trained beautifully", comes completely apart when my friend rides her and looses her nice round frame. I personally dont like her,but my friend does as of now...we'll see how long that lasts though [Confused]

My friend just got a new horse...not really happy bout the situation I guess...

She was looking for a young horse (under 6 Y/O) could jump 3 ft courses, was at least 16 hands, and was pre-trained to perfection. Well obviously that isnt something easy to find. So she traveled to Massachusettes from NY to look at one, a 4 year old percheron X TB,16 hands, and jumps 2'6. Sounded really nice. So naturally she baught her after missing school to go down and see her. I got to look at her a few days after she got her...and personally I dont think she was really worth the long drive and money [Frown] She has a percheron head and front end, with a tiny thoroughbred but and thin legs. Then the horse wouldnt go into the stall because it was just being a brat. It also, while "trained beautifully", comes completely apart when my friend rides her and looses her nice round frame. I personally dont like her,but my friend does as of now...we'll see how long that lasts though [Confused]

I am going to be riding a horse for my friends barn manager. He doesnt have the time to spend with this horse because of the other one he owns. She is trained western but he is letting me school her a bit in english to see how she goes. Her name is Nell. She is a palomino paint about 14.3 hands. She is a typical ranch horse and is definately not going to win any beauty contests. She has scars from being out "on the range" as well as an unclipped bridle path and greasy hair. I have ridden her twice. She aparently has some issues with a bit so she goes in a hackamore. Im going to try to work with her to get her to trust that no one is going to hurt her in a snaffle. It will take time but I think it would be a great project. She moves really nicely and has a ground covering trot and canter. She seems really well balanced too. She got her hooves trimmed on friday and was too sore to ride (first time without shoes all summer) so I gave her a bath and spent some time bonding with her. Anyway, Ill try and get some pictures soon. Anyone have any tips for training a horse from western to english?

I am going to be riding a horse for my friends barn manager. He doesnt have the time to spend with this horse because of the other one he owns. She is trained western but he is letting me school her a bit in english to see how she goes. Her name is Nell. She is a palomino paint about 14.3 hands. She is a typical ranch horse and is definately not going to win any beauty contests. She has scars from being out "on the range" as well as an unclipped bridle path and greasy hair. I have ridden her twice. She aparently has some issues with a bit so she goes in a hackamore. Im going to try to work with her to get her to trust that no one is going to hurt her in a snaffle. It will take time but I think it would be a great project. She moves really nicely and has a ground covering trot and canter. She seems really well balanced too. She got her hooves trimmed on friday and was too sore to ride (first time without shoes all summer) so I gave her a bath and spent some time bonding with her. Anyway, Ill try and get some pictures soon. Anyone have any tips for training a horse from western to english?

Hey! Im new to the English board [smiley Wavey] I've been riding English for 4 years, and before that I rode western for about 3 years. I have a four year old (1/2 paint, 1/4 arabian, 1/4 TB, but registered as 'Arabian Type' in PtHA) gelding.. yes interesting cross, but is gonna kick butt in the show ring next year! Hes done well in some small schooling shows so far. He is nice sized.. 15.3 and Im 5'1 yes he is huge! Im starting him jumping this winter. I'll get pics soon!

I'm excited to seeing y'all soon! Maybe even see each other at some shows. (expessially you Iowans who compete at Kirkwood or any PtHA members)

Hey! Im new to the English board [smiley Wavey] I've been riding English for 4 years, and before that I rode western for about 3 years. I have a four year old (1/2 paint, 1/4 arabian, 1/4 TB, but registered as 'Arabian Type' in PtHA) gelding.. yes interesting cross, but is gonna kick butt in the show ring next year! Hes done well in some small schooling shows so far. He is nice sized.. 15.3 and Im 5'1 yes he is huge! Im starting him jumping this winter. I'll get pics soon!

I'm excited to seeing y'all soon! Maybe even see each other at some shows. (expessially you Iowans who compete at Kirkwood or any PtHA members)

In an effort to help keep the English board alive ...

Here's some pictures of Ozzie in August. My trainer's daughter (a professional rider/trainer in DAllas) is riding him. I bought Ozz in December. He had a number of issues, including poor teeth, poor attitude, swapping leads at the canter, rushing jumps, rooting the bit, not stopping, etc. But he had a lot of potential as a jumper ... super scopy horse!

I've been working with him, and he's come along very nicely and faster than I've expected. Had his teeth done in the spring and it really helped. He's now quite good on the flat and very well mannered on the ground. We've recently begun conquering the issue of rushing through corners after a jump (before the jump is great) and got his flying changes down. He's such a smart boy and a fast learner.

Hopefully, I'll get to take him to some A shows next year and maybe Paint World in the Jumpers.

We'll see. I love Ozzie!

-

-

[ 10-04-2005, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: LubbockJumper ]

In an effort to help keep the English board alive ...

Here's some pictures of Ozzie in August. My trainer's daughter (a professional rider/trainer in DAllas) is riding him. I bought Ozz in December. He had a number of issues, including poor teeth, poor attitude, swapping leads at the canter, rushing jumps, rooting the bit, not stopping, etc. But he had a lot of potential as a jumper ... super scopy horse!

I've been working with him, and he's come along very nicely and faster than I've expected. Had his teeth done in the spring and it really helped. He's now quite good on the flat and very well mannered on the ground. We've recently begun conquering the issue of rushing through corners after a jump (before the jump is great) and got his flying changes down. He's such a smart boy and a fast learner.

Hopefully, I'll get to take him to some A shows next year and maybe Paint World in the Jumpers.

We'll see. I love Ozzie!

-

-

[ 10-04-2005, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: LubbockJumper ]

Yay I have more people to tell about my grand lesson on wednesday!

Ok so I ride this BIG 16 .2 hh Thoroughbred gelding named Country News (As you all know lol)And have been riding him for like 6 months. He's a real sweetheart.lol Anyway I had my lesson and near the end she put up crossrails and I jumped them a few times and did wonderfully. Then, unexpectedly, She raised it to like a 2foot verticle (Higher than I've ever jumped) And told me to take it. So i started to canter and rounded the corner (It was on the diagonal away from home) And jumped it beautifully. Then came the flying change which I dont exactly know how to do lolz. Lucky for me, Country is very good at them if your not really thinking about it. So i did a perfect flying change and my instructor said I did beautifully. I was so excited! [big Grin] I hope to video tape some soon/take pics. If i do, I'll let you all know (I'll put it on putfile)

[ 10-06-2005, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Kinchy_TB_luver ]

Yay I have more people to tell about my grand lesson on wednesday!

Ok so I ride this BIG 16 .2 hh Thoroughbred gelding named Country News (As you all know lol)And have been riding him for like 6 months. He's a real sweetheart.lol Anyway I had my lesson and near the end she put up crossrails and I jumped them a few times and did wonderfully. Then, unexpectedly, She raised it to like a 2foot verticle (Higher than I've ever jumped) And told me to take it. So i started to canter and rounded the corner (It was on the diagonal away from home) And jumped it beautifully. Then came the flying change which I dont exactly know how to do lolz. Lucky for me, Country is very good at them if your not really thinking about it. So i did a perfect flying change and my instructor said I did beautifully. I was so excited! [big Grin] I hope to video tape some soon/take pics. If i do, I'll let you all know (I'll put it on putfile)

[ 10-06-2005, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Kinchy_TB_luver ]

just thought id try to keep this up-and-going

i just bought a new saddle today [Jump] (well its on trial)...its a bit snug in the gullet area, but its corrected with a reverse pad...its a shires c/c saddle and is used...oh and anyone who has ridden in a shires before please share lol...i havent talked to anyone who has ridden in one before and was wondering if it was good (in your opinion)

thanks! [smile]

just thought id try to keep this up-and-going

i just bought a new saddle today [Jump] (well its on trial)...its a bit snug in the gullet area, but its corrected with a reverse pad...its a shires c/c saddle and is used...oh and anyone who has ridden in a shires before please share lol...i havent talked to anyone who has ridden in one before and was wondering if it was good (in your opinion)

thanks! [smile]