Sign in to follow this  
professionalameture

who else makes saddle pads??

oh! i want one!!! those are so cool- im really hoping my mom and dad got me a sewing macheine for xmas so i can sew stuff!!!

oh! i want one!!! those are so cool- im really hoping my mom and dad got me a sewing macheine for xmas so i can sew stuff!!!

to ProAm - no, you can't have my baby boy because I raised that crazy kid and never thought I'd get through it! [big Grin] he was and still is a handful. Now a infantry Army MAN who's one of the greatest Iraqi vets around. Just hope like heck he doesn't have to go back there!!! Just got him home from Germany last night!! [Yay] Tip for those wondering how to keep the fabric from sliding around - use the fabric spray adhesive - works wonders! but you'll have to change the needle after doing your project. Tends to build up on the needle - but helps keep all those puckers out - plus use lots of pins!! Now you know one of my sewing secrets - Christmas gift to all you sewers out there...

to ProAm - no, you can't have my baby boy because I raised that crazy kid and never thought I'd get through it! [big Grin] he was and still is a handful. Now a infantry Army MAN who's one of the greatest Iraqi vets around. Just hope like heck he doesn't have to go back there!!! Just got him home from Germany last night!! [Yay] Tip for those wondering how to keep the fabric from sliding around - use the fabric spray adhesive - works wonders! but you'll have to change the needle after doing your project. Tends to build up on the needle - but helps keep all those puckers out - plus use lots of pins!! Now you know one of my sewing secrets - Christmas gift to all you sewers out there...

I haven't done saddle pads but after this topic I might try it.

I have been making a lot of foal blankets though and playing around with different quilting patterns. Diamonds, ver/hoz/dia lines, waves, etc. I have been quilting some it different thread colors, they come out neat. What I have been doing is laying it out on my sewing table and then marking my quilt lines with a straight edge based on the guide lines of the table(no measuring that way! [big Grin] ), adjusting them to the pattern I want for waves or triangles, etc and then pin it all together really well with a ton of pins. Some fabrics do well with this but some don't, for those you have to use some type of spray to help hold it all together. Also make sure that the pressure foot, needle and thread is right for the fabric you are sewing. It's much harder to get clean lines if your tension is off or the pressure foot and dogs are off. One time I had to take a lot of lines out when I was trying to use this really neat teal thread on a black nylon shell and it just wasn't working. I don't remember what the thread was, just something I had in the thread box. I swtiched to a different tread and it went fine.

I haven't done saddle pads but after this topic I might try it.

I have been making a lot of foal blankets though and playing around with different quilting patterns. Diamonds, ver/hoz/dia lines, waves, etc. I have been quilting some it different thread colors, they come out neat. What I have been doing is laying it out on my sewing table and then marking my quilt lines with a straight edge based on the guide lines of the table(no measuring that way! [big Grin] ), adjusting them to the pattern I want for waves or triangles, etc and then pin it all together really well with a ton of pins. Some fabrics do well with this but some don't, for those you have to use some type of spray to help hold it all together. Also make sure that the pressure foot, needle and thread is right for the fabric you are sewing. It's much harder to get clean lines if your tension is off or the pressure foot and dogs are off. One time I had to take a lot of lines out when I was trying to use this really neat teal thread on a black nylon shell and it just wasn't working. I don't remember what the thread was, just something I had in the thread box. I swtiched to a different tread and it went fine.