Sign in to follow this  
webo124

English Chit Chat Thread for June! Introduce Yourself and Your Horses!

Well, I've noticed that this board is kind of... dead. And it shouldn't be, because I know there are many other riders that ride both Hunter/Jumpers and Dressage, or just plain old english. So, if you ride hunters, jumpers, dressage, saddle seat, cross country, eventing, or whatever post! Let's introduce ourselves on this thread and post some pictures (if you have any). Also post and questions or pictures you want to be critiqued. Keep posting stuff on the main board too! I'd really like to get this board active! [big Grin]

[ 06-02-2006, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: -half halt- ]

Well, I've noticed that this board is kind of... dead. And it shouldn't be, because I know there are many other riders that ride both Hunter/Jumpers and Dressage, or just plain old english. So, if you ride hunters, jumpers, dressage, saddle seat, cross country, eventing, or whatever post! Let's introduce ourselves on this thread and post some pictures (if you have any). Also post and questions or pictures you want to be critiqued. Keep posting stuff on the main board too! I'd really like to get this board active! [big Grin]

[ 06-02-2006, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: -half halt- ]

So.. I'm 14 and I live in California. I'm in 8th grade and can't wait for summer! 9 days of school left. I have one horse, a 16 year old Thoroughbred named Tempo. He's an awesome horse. I jump and do dressage.

-

-

-

So.. I'm 14 and I live in California. I'm in 8th grade and can't wait for summer! 9 days of school left. I have one horse, a 16 year old Thoroughbred named Tempo. He's an awesome horse. I jump and do dressage.

-

-

-

Hi! [smiley Wavey] I'm Lexie. I ride an Anglo Arab. We ride, like you said, just plain english, and would like to make stadium and cross country our goals. I like this board. It should be more popular.

Me:

-

Magic:

-

-

-

[big Grin] edited because i forgot to mention that i'm in 12th grade. and have been riding since i was 7. [Duh]

[ 06-02-2006, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Alexandra Marie ]

Hi! [smiley Wavey] I'm Lexie. I ride an Anglo Arab. We ride, like you said, just plain english, and would like to make stadium and cross country our goals. I like this board. It should be more popular.

Me:

-

Magic:

-

-

-

[big Grin] edited because i forgot to mention that i'm in 12th grade. and have been riding since i was 7. [Duh]

[ 06-02-2006, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Alexandra Marie ]

I agree, it's depressing how slow this board is when there's a ton of people on HC who ride English!!!

My name's Jennifer. I'm a senior in high school and 17 years old. I have one horse, a BLM mustang pony named Mustang Sally. I have ALWAYS ridden English, from hunters to dressage. Right now Sally and I are just schooling at home but someday I'd love to get back into the dressage community here. When I'm not at the barn, I'm writing... writing and horses are my main passions. [Wink]

-

I agree, it's depressing how slow this board is when there's a ton of people on HC who ride English!!!

My name's Jennifer. I'm a senior in high school and 17 years old. I have one horse, a BLM mustang pony named Mustang Sally. I have ALWAYS ridden English, from hunters to dressage. Right now Sally and I are just schooling at home but someday I'd love to get back into the dressage community here. When I'm not at the barn, I'm writing... writing and horses are my main passions. [Wink]

-

oh fun thread!

I am Sarah (obviously!); I am 17 and just about to turn 18! I am going to be a senior next year in High School! I have been riding horses for 8ish years, and about a year ago I finally purchased one of my own! His name is Russell he is a 7 year old OTTB, he is 17hh and he is a beautiful bay! He has amazing bloodlines, but he did not have the heart for racing. The best placing he ever got (out of 5 starts) was a 3rd and he won $750. After he was retired, he was purchased by a farm in northern Michigan. They did a beautiful job of training him, but they worked him much too hard & he pulled up lame. Then I stumbled on the sucker and bought him almost instantly! He was one of those horses you could not pass up! You could tell he was something special! And after numerous chiropractor visits he was in top form! He?s registered name is ?Money on the Table?, but I show him under the name ?Affirmation? because his Grandsire is Affirmed. Now he has been off the track around a year and a half and he is competing on the hunter ?B? circuit and coming away with 1st year green champion ribbons. He is also high in the points! He even beats those fancy Warmbloods at the shows [big Grin] lol here are some pics!

Me (I'm the blonde! Lol, I?m a goof if ya couldn?t tell [Razz] ):

-

Russell:

-

-

^ We are a perfect match! LOL

-

oh fun thread!

I am Sarah (obviously!); I am 17 and just about to turn 18! I am going to be a senior next year in High School! I have been riding horses for 8ish years, and about a year ago I finally purchased one of my own! His name is Russell he is a 7 year old OTTB, he is 17hh and he is a beautiful bay! He has amazing bloodlines, but he did not have the heart for racing. The best placing he ever got (out of 5 starts) was a 3rd and he won $750. After he was retired, he was purchased by a farm in northern Michigan. They did a beautiful job of training him, but they worked him much too hard & he pulled up lame. Then I stumbled on the sucker and bought him almost instantly! He was one of those horses you could not pass up! You could tell he was something special! And after numerous chiropractor visits he was in top form! He?s registered name is ?Money on the Table?, but I show him under the name ?Affirmation? because his Grandsire is Affirmed. Now he has been off the track around a year and a half and he is competing on the hunter ?B? circuit and coming away with 1st year green champion ribbons. He is also high in the points! He even beats those fancy Warmbloods at the shows [big Grin] lol here are some pics!

Me (I'm the blonde! Lol, I?m a goof if ya couldn?t tell [Razz] ):

-

Russell:

-

-

^ We are a perfect match! LOL

-

I'm Allison. I'm 15 and a rising sophmore in high school. I do dressage and hunter/jumpers, but don't show much. I don't own a horse yet, but within three weeks this girl will hopefully be mine:

-

I'm Allison. I'm 15 and a rising sophmore in high school. I do dressage and hunter/jumpers, but don't show much. I don't own a horse yet, but within three weeks this girl will hopefully be mine:

-

Yay, more posters! Hello everyone!

Sarah - that picture you posted of your gelding 'smiling' is ADORABBLEEE. It's great that you helped him out of a bad situation. My mare was a fixer-upper too. Her old owners truly appreciated her, but they overworked her and she was arena sour for like, the first six months I owned her. Now she only bucks sometimes. [Wink]

-

She's a total beast. See?

Yay, more posters! Hello everyone!

Sarah - that picture you posted of your gelding 'smiling' is ADORABBLEEE. It's great that you helped him out of a bad situation. My mare was a fixer-upper too. Her old owners truly appreciated her, but they overworked her and she was arena sour for like, the first six months I owned her. Now she only bucks sometimes. [Wink]

-

She's a total beast. See?

I agree....ever since they re-opened the hunter jumper board, no one is here.....

My name is Stef, I'm 23, and own 2 horses. My gelding is learning to jump and we will be showing hunters, maybe even eventing next season. This summer we are doing schooling shows. My mom's mare is a great little quarter horse, with which she just pleasure rides! [big Grin]

Here is Storm, 8 yr old APHA Gelding, my pride and joy:

-

-

-

And here is my moms mare, Misty, 8 yr old QH

-

-

-

Glad to meet everyone!!

Stef

I agree....ever since they re-opened the hunter jumper board, no one is here.....

My name is Stef, I'm 23, and own 2 horses. My gelding is learning to jump and we will be showing hunters, maybe even eventing next season. This summer we are doing schooling shows. My mom's mare is a great little quarter horse, with which she just pleasure rides! [big Grin]

Here is Storm, 8 yr old APHA Gelding, my pride and joy:

-

-

-

And here is my moms mare, Misty, 8 yr old QH

-

-

-

Glad to meet everyone!!

Stef

I'm Jenn and I am 22. I own a 6-year-old OTTB named Montikarla, but she is known as Ellie. I bought her when she was 3. We did hunters in our first year together on the flat, but then she went lame, and then my saddle broke and then I went lame, so we have kinda not done anything. A friend of mine is training her in dressage right now while I heal. Sorry about the small size of the pics, I don't know how to make them bigger.

a>

a>

This last picture is from almost two years ago, when I was able to ride her.

a>

I'm Jenn and I am 22. I own a 6-year-old OTTB named Montikarla, but she is known as Ellie. I bought her when she was 3. We did hunters in our first year together on the flat, but then she went lame, and then my saddle broke and then I went lame, so we have kinda not done anything. A friend of mine is training her in dressage right now while I heal. Sorry about the small size of the pics, I don't know how to make them bigger.

a>

a>

This last picture is from almost two years ago, when I was able to ride her.

a>

[smiley Wavey] Helloo! This thread is a really good idea, it's about time the english board got some friends [big Grin]

I'm Jess, I'm 20 and live in England. I'm currently attending Exeter University in the sunny county of Devon, studying biology. I hope to maybe get into physiotherapy after my degree, and possibly equine physiotherapy. When I'm not at university I live in Essex, about 30 minutes from London. I have a horse on part loan called Spyder, who's a 16.2hh bay Thoroughbred. I do a little bit of everything with Spyder, but mainly have fun! Unfortunately when I'm at uni I have to leave Spyder behind at home so only see him during holidays.

Oooh and I also teach Riding for Disabled when I'm home during holidays!

Here's some photos [big Grin]

Spyder:

-

-

My friends (lilmissme85 on the boards) fat pony Toad who I also ride occasionally:

-

[smiley Wavey] Helloo! This thread is a really good idea, it's about time the english board got some friends [big Grin]

I'm Jess, I'm 20 and live in England. I'm currently attending Exeter University in the sunny county of Devon, studying biology. I hope to maybe get into physiotherapy after my degree, and possibly equine physiotherapy. When I'm not at university I live in Essex, about 30 minutes from London. I have a horse on part loan called Spyder, who's a 16.2hh bay Thoroughbred. I do a little bit of everything with Spyder, but mainly have fun! Unfortunately when I'm at uni I have to leave Spyder behind at home so only see him during holidays.

Oooh and I also teach Riding for Disabled when I'm home during holidays!

Here's some photos [big Grin]

Spyder:

-

-

My friends (lilmissme85 on the boards) fat pony Toad who I also ride occasionally:

-

Hi [smile]

I'm McKenzie and ride dressage. I've been riding for over six years.

I currently own an Arabian mare (VP Mi Alibi) and also lease a mostly QH with possibly some Arabian in him, we aren't quite sure what breed he is [Razz] . I am showing Teddy, the gelding I lease, at First and Second level this summer. We are aiming to qualify for the USDF Region 6 Championships at both First and Second level.

I am planning on showing Alibi next year, hopefully at Third level.

[smiley Wavey]

Hi [smile]

I'm McKenzie and ride dressage. I've been riding for over six years.

I currently own an Arabian mare (VP Mi Alibi) and also lease a mostly QH with possibly some Arabian in him, we aren't quite sure what breed he is [Razz] . I am showing Teddy, the gelding I lease, at First and Second level this summer. We are aiming to qualify for the USDF Region 6 Championships at both First and Second level.

I am planning on showing Alibi next year, hopefully at Third level.

[smiley Wavey]

Well, I'm Hillary. I'm a sophomore in HS and I can't wait for summer lol. I ride primarily dressage and jumpers. I own a 10 yr old Holsteiner mare, Ocean and a 1 yr old Swedish Warmblood filly, Tori. They're both awesome

Here's Tori

-

-

-

And here's Ocean

-

-

-

[ 06-07-2006, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: WBduet ]

Well, I'm Hillary. I'm a sophomore in HS and I can't wait for summer lol. I ride primarily dressage and jumpers. I own a 10 yr old Holsteiner mare, Ocean and a 1 yr old Swedish Warmblood filly, Tori. They're both awesome

Here's Tori

-

-

-

And here's Ocean

-

-

-

[ 06-07-2006, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: WBduet ]

Im Jacquie. Im 14 almost 15. I live in Michigan.

I do eventing with my horse Cruzin Da Big League *AKA BJ*

Ill post pics when Im home in a few weeks, or amybe when Im at my dads. (Im in a hotel rightnow....lol)

Im Jacquie. Im 14 almost 15. I live in Michigan.

I do eventing with my horse Cruzin Da Big League *AKA BJ*

Ill post pics when Im home in a few weeks, or amybe when Im at my dads. (Im in a hotel rightnow....lol)