Sign in to follow this  
webo124

English Chit Chat Thread for June! Introduce Yourself and Your Horses!

Hello hello loves!

I'm Megan, I'm 18 and from NY. I've been riding for... gosh, 12 years now? And I do 3' hunters with my mare Nuala and I do eq with my school's team and I'll continue it in college next year.

-

-

-

Hello hello loves!

I'm Megan, I'm 18 and from NY. I've been riding for... gosh, 12 years now? And I do 3' hunters with my mare Nuala and I do eq with my school's team and I'll continue it in college next year.

-

-

-

Well, I'm Naughty Neigh as you all know...I live in England. I ride anything, anywhere. [Razz]

Ok,ok, I'll go into more detail: I participate in anything english; dressage, showjumping, cross country, mounted games, hacking/trails, bareback [when I can], hunting, etc. I'm a member of a the Pony Club and BHS. Being so I don't have my own horse, I'm part of a centre - which also happens to be where I work and take weekly lessons at. I've ridden western a couple of times, mainly on holidays though and the tack was western. I've left school and I'm doing a diploma in Equestrian Management this september. I don't usually show.

Being so I don't own any horses in my photos, I won't post them publically, but feel free to PM me.

[ 06-10-2006, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Naughty Neigh ]

Well, I'm Naughty Neigh as you all know...I live in England. I ride anything, anywhere. [Razz]

Ok,ok, I'll go into more detail: I participate in anything english; dressage, showjumping, cross country, mounted games, hacking/trails, bareback [when I can], hunting, etc. I'm a member of a the Pony Club and BHS. Being so I don't have my own horse, I'm part of a centre - which also happens to be where I work and take weekly lessons at. I've ridden western a couple of times, mainly on holidays though and the tack was western. I've left school and I'm doing a diploma in Equestrian Management this september. I don't usually show.

Being so I don't own any horses in my photos, I won't post them publically, but feel free to PM me.

[ 06-10-2006, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Naughty Neigh ]

You know what I just realized. In our monthly "chat" threads, we don't chat. We introduce ourselves, show off our pretty ponies and that's the end of it. The thread falls into the abyss of forgotten posts and dies. So let's do it guys. Keep the board alive and TALK!

So today I discovered that I really like cleaning stalls. I've been doing it every weekend at my one barn job for the past, oh maybe two years or so, and it's just been blah. I mean I listen to my music and sing but it's still a chore. Then today, at my trainer's new barn where I board (barn job number two) I was doing some of the stalls and the weather was gross so the ponies were in and it was so nice! I mean, I had to pick around the horses but I got to play with them and let me tell you, love is feeling your horses breath on your neck on a chilly, damp afternoon.

Then I was feeding and we just started giving Nuala Regumate and I was very proud that the first time I fed it I didn't spill any or grow a third head and die. Then we're all paranoid that we're going to cause like a Valdese Oil Spill style mess of hormones and prevent the world from ever having children, so I went to go scrub off my sexy yellow gloves and the syringe thing and I take it apart and dig out the heavy duty soap (leaving the water running because I love to kill fish) and I turn around and the squirty end of the syringe is gone... the drain of the sink doesn't have a cover so I'm assuming it made an escape down there... My trainer spent the afternoon making fun of me.

So that was fun. Then I finally started tacking up to ride and decided that after riding like a duck for years and years and years, I'm going to fix my feet problem here and now. So I dug out baling twine and tied the stirrups to my girth and got on and holy fudge monkies! I never realized how much muscle it takes to keep your toes in! My legs were dying after like 5 minues. But I kept going and did some jumping and got all OCD about my position, but Nuala was really really good so I was happy. It's coming I hope. I figure I'll keep using the twine until I can't tell that I am anymore. But yeah, my feet are so tiny that even when I do keep them where they're supposed to be, they still look like they're sticking out too much. And small feet just look funny in stirrups...

But yeah, that was my day. What about you guys? What are you working on? Anyone made any groundbreaking equine discoveries lately?

You know what I just realized. In our monthly "chat" threads, we don't chat. We introduce ourselves, show off our pretty ponies and that's the end of it. The thread falls into the abyss of forgotten posts and dies. So let's do it guys. Keep the board alive and TALK!

So today I discovered that I really like cleaning stalls. I've been doing it every weekend at my one barn job for the past, oh maybe two years or so, and it's just been blah. I mean I listen to my music and sing but it's still a chore. Then today, at my trainer's new barn where I board (barn job number two) I was doing some of the stalls and the weather was gross so the ponies were in and it was so nice! I mean, I had to pick around the horses but I got to play with them and let me tell you, love is feeling your horses breath on your neck on a chilly, damp afternoon.

Then I was feeding and we just started giving Nuala Regumate and I was very proud that the first time I fed it I didn't spill any or grow a third head and die. Then we're all paranoid that we're going to cause like a Valdese Oil Spill style mess of hormones and prevent the world from ever having children, so I went to go scrub off my sexy yellow gloves and the syringe thing and I take it apart and dig out the heavy duty soap (leaving the water running because I love to kill fish) and I turn around and the squirty end of the syringe is gone... the drain of the sink doesn't have a cover so I'm assuming it made an escape down there... My trainer spent the afternoon making fun of me.

So that was fun. Then I finally started tacking up to ride and decided that after riding like a duck for years and years and years, I'm going to fix my feet problem here and now. So I dug out baling twine and tied the stirrups to my girth and got on and holy fudge monkies! I never realized how much muscle it takes to keep your toes in! My legs were dying after like 5 minues. But I kept going and did some jumping and got all OCD about my position, but Nuala was really really good so I was happy. It's coming I hope. I figure I'll keep using the twine until I can't tell that I am anymore. But yeah, my feet are so tiny that even when I do keep them where they're supposed to be, they still look like they're sticking out too much. And small feet just look funny in stirrups...

But yeah, that was my day. What about you guys? What are you working on? Anyone made any groundbreaking equine discoveries lately?

Herlo.... [smile] I'm Jessica... I'm 14, going into 9th grade... I've been riding since I was seven...wait, maybe it was eight. Yea, I've been riding since I was eight-ish. [smile] I've ridden english and only english and I've been at three barns...

Barn #1 - Three-day eventing barn. Evil trainer. Left after a year.

Barn #2 - Show jumping barn. Trainers could be pretty wacked... but they taught me how to ride. Trainer was a grand prix show jumper. Beautiful barn, AMAZING horse, overall nice people.... Was kicked out after five years.

Barn #3 - Hunter/Jumper barn but we have two trainers there. One is h/j, the other is 3-day eventing. I ride with the three-day eventer. I want a horse really really bad. My trainer is considering buying some half-way decent eventers and I could possibly lease one and take it x-c schooling...possible events... I excited.. [smile]

But yea. No horse for me... yet.

Herlo.... [smile] I'm Jessica... I'm 14, going into 9th grade... I've been riding since I was seven...wait, maybe it was eight. Yea, I've been riding since I was eight-ish. [smile] I've ridden english and only english and I've been at three barns...

Barn #1 - Three-day eventing barn. Evil trainer. Left after a year.

Barn #2 - Show jumping barn. Trainers could be pretty wacked... but they taught me how to ride. Trainer was a grand prix show jumper. Beautiful barn, AMAZING horse, overall nice people.... Was kicked out after five years.

Barn #3 - Hunter/Jumper barn but we have two trainers there. One is h/j, the other is 3-day eventing. I ride with the three-day eventer. I want a horse really really bad. My trainer is considering buying some half-way decent eventers and I could possibly lease one and take it x-c schooling...possible events... I excited.. [smile]

But yea. No horse for me... yet.

Hi [smiley Wavey] Im samantha, im 16 and I ride english for know, but i love love western but, sadly the place i ride at got the western saddles stolen [Frown] so i do english for know. I have done english befor, i think i have done it for umm...4 or 5 years. But i love english to. So if no western, english all the way for me [Yay] lol. I ride a lesson horse but, im mostley the only one who dose. I want to lease him though. Hes a QH and his name is Doc.

Me and Doc..yea chair seat, i turned a bit for the picture

-

Headshot of Doc (hes soo cute!)

-

And standing like a goof wating to go for a ride lol

-

Enjoy! lol

Hi [smiley Wavey] Im samantha, im 16 and I ride english for know, but i love love western but, sadly the place i ride at got the western saddles stolen [Frown] so i do english for know. I have done english befor, i think i have done it for umm...4 or 5 years. But i love english to. So if no western, english all the way for me [Yay] lol. I ride a lesson horse but, im mostley the only one who dose. I want to lease him though. Hes a QH and his name is Doc.

Me and Doc..yea chair seat, i turned a bit for the picture

-

Headshot of Doc (hes soo cute!)

-

And standing like a goof wating to go for a ride lol

-

Enjoy! lol

hi im Jess or Jessie what ever you prefer i am 13 and im going in to nineth im in PA but i ride in Maryland lol i am absouletly in love with my barn buddies trainers friends n horses. i doo not hav one i own but i will introduce the one im training and the one i am retraining to show. i have been riding for 5 years.

these two r me

-

-

and this is rainy i am training her and used to attemp to sho her.

-

finally this is scarlet (all that glitters) i am retraining her to show better here are a few pics from our first show in a year n a half

-

-

-

-

-

and yes all those pictures r me on them

hi im Jess or Jessie what ever you prefer i am 13 and im going in to nineth im in PA but i ride in Maryland lol i am absouletly in love with my barn buddies trainers friends n horses. i doo not hav one i own but i will introduce the one im training and the one i am retraining to show. i have been riding for 5 years.

these two r me

-

-

and this is rainy i am training her and used to attemp to sho her.

-

finally this is scarlet (all that glitters) i am retraining her to show better here are a few pics from our first show in a year n a half

-

-

-

-

-

and yes all those pictures r me on them

My name is Jessica and I'm 15. I ride english -- hunters/equitation. I have been riding and showing for 8 years. I have a 6 year old brown appendix gelding, Gilmore. His show name is Hallmark. I also have a 6 year old grey thoroughbred mare who has been off the track for 3/4 years. Her name is Lady; show name was gonna be Ladies First. She didn't work out but we loved her so we decided to breed her, FINALLY. She's due April 10, 2007.

Meee:]

-

Gilmore:]

-

i ruined the pic!

-

-

-

Lady:]

-

My name is Jessica and I'm 15. I ride english -- hunters/equitation. I have been riding and showing for 8 years. I have a 6 year old brown appendix gelding, Gilmore. His show name is Hallmark. I also have a 6 year old grey thoroughbred mare who has been off the track for 3/4 years. Her name is Lady; show name was gonna be Ladies First. She didn't work out but we loved her so we decided to breed her, FINALLY. She's due April 10, 2007.

Meee:]

-

Gilmore:]

-

i ruined the pic!

-

-

-

Lady:]

-

I agree......no one comes on here. People have to start talking. I was gonna chat on the hunter/jumper board, because that is our main focus, but it seems that chat board is all girls still in school, and I'm 24, so I don't have much to chat with.

Half Halt - your horse is so cute

Sarah - that 2nd pic of Russell looks like it should be in a magazine! He's sooo pretty. My girlfriend I ride with cleaned up on the hunter circuit with her TB, three years in a row! I think TB's make ideal hunters.

Allison - do you have any more info on your future horse? She/he looks so pretty! Good luck in getting it.

Jennifer - Mustang Sally, that's so cute, especially cuz she's such a cute little pony!! LOL

Jenn - DON'T YOU HATE OWNING HORSES AND NOT BEING ABLE TO RIDE? I know I do, I have to kick myself everyday not to

Jess - how nice would it be to have a horse on loan, especially one like yours? You're lucky. I volunteered a couple of years ago at a Rehab Riding School, and it was the best experience I ever had! I understand why you do it.

Hillary - I have seen pics of you and Ocean on the dressage board and I think you guys are gorgeous!! I'm sure her filly will be just as great as she is!!

Meghan - Nuala is gorgeous, I think. My mom has a grey mare, and I'm secretly in love with them right now. And guess what! I LOVE CLEANING STALLS! I also love sweeping. Wierd, huh?

Ok....there is like, 3 Jessica's? Are we going to start having to use screen names? LOL

So, what is everyone doing today? I have a show this weekend, and we're just busy getting ready for it. I'm trying to make it to the barn....just keeps getting further away cuz it's POURING BUCKETS outside and I don't want to go on the hiway!

We placed 2nd in Eng. Eq and 2nd in Eng. Pleasure at the last show (same show, once a month), so this time we are hoping for first! Wishful thinking? Storm has been doing really well, so I think we have a shot!! We are also going in Hunter Hack and the Stakes class. Wish us luck!!!!

I need opinions.....what does everyone do with their horses the nite before show? Do you do all preparation nite before or morning of? I do everything night before, but I don't have much access to stalls, so I don't know what to do.

Sorry it's long, I just want people to start chatting!!

Stef

I agree......no one comes on here. People have to start talking. I was gonna chat on the hunter/jumper board, because that is our main focus, but it seems that chat board is all girls still in school, and I'm 24, so I don't have much to chat with.

Half Halt - your horse is so cute

Sarah - that 2nd pic of Russell looks like it should be in a magazine! He's sooo pretty. My girlfriend I ride with cleaned up on the hunter circuit with her TB, three years in a row! I think TB's make ideal hunters.

Allison - do you have any more info on your future horse? She/he looks so pretty! Good luck in getting it.

Jennifer - Mustang Sally, that's so cute, especially cuz she's such a cute little pony!! LOL

Jenn - DON'T YOU HATE OWNING HORSES AND NOT BEING ABLE TO RIDE? I know I do, I have to kick myself everyday not to

Jess - how nice would it be to have a horse on loan, especially one like yours? You're lucky. I volunteered a couple of years ago at a Rehab Riding School, and it was the best experience I ever had! I understand why you do it.

Hillary - I have seen pics of you and Ocean on the dressage board and I think you guys are gorgeous!! I'm sure her filly will be just as great as she is!!

Meghan - Nuala is gorgeous, I think. My mom has a grey mare, and I'm secretly in love with them right now. And guess what! I LOVE CLEANING STALLS! I also love sweeping. Wierd, huh?

Ok....there is like, 3 Jessica's? Are we going to start having to use screen names? LOL

So, what is everyone doing today? I have a show this weekend, and we're just busy getting ready for it. I'm trying to make it to the barn....just keeps getting further away cuz it's POURING BUCKETS outside and I don't want to go on the hiway!

We placed 2nd in Eng. Eq and 2nd in Eng. Pleasure at the last show (same show, once a month), so this time we are hoping for first! Wishful thinking? Storm has been doing really well, so I think we have a shot!! We are also going in Hunter Hack and the Stakes class. Wish us luck!!!!

I need opinions.....what does everyone do with their horses the nite before show? Do you do all preparation nite before or morning of? I do everything night before, but I don't have much access to stalls, so I don't know what to do.

Sorry it's long, I just want people to start chatting!!

Stef

Yup, 3 Jessicas. I'm oldest though lol [Razz]

I've just been laying around all day watching movies. I have no ride to the barn so I missed my 3:30 lesson. I didn't feel like going all day though, it's my first day of summer and I wanted sleeeep.

Now I'm just waiting for it to be time for me to go to my boyfriend's house. [big Grin]

I don't have a show until July 8th. I was gonna do an A show this month but my trainer and I missed the pre-entry date.

I don't do anything with Gilmore before shows. I just let him chill from the ride the days before because he works hard at shows. I'll usually give him a bath and clip and everything the morning of the show. I haven't had to go early in a while so it works out. I'd still do everything at like 5 in the morning though lol. I like my Fridays. I've been leaving the barn at like 11 and just skipping the morning schooling. He doesn't need it anyways.

Yup, 3 Jessicas. I'm oldest though lol [Razz]

I've just been laying around all day watching movies. I have no ride to the barn so I missed my 3:30 lesson. I didn't feel like going all day though, it's my first day of summer and I wanted sleeeep.

Now I'm just waiting for it to be time for me to go to my boyfriend's house. [big Grin]

I don't have a show until July 8th. I was gonna do an A show this month but my trainer and I missed the pre-entry date.

I don't do anything with Gilmore before shows. I just let him chill from the ride the days before because he works hard at shows. I'll usually give him a bath and clip and everything the morning of the show. I haven't had to go early in a while so it works out. I'd still do everything at like 5 in the morning though lol. I like my Fridays. I've been leaving the barn at like 11 and just skipping the morning schooling. He doesn't need it anyways.

Wow, must be nice to start late!! These shows start at 8am, and I'm in class 10!! I guess I could do more in the morning, I may have to this time because it has been pouring rain all week, so his paddock is a bit muddy!!! I didn't go to the barn today, it's just too gross outside. I started, got 5 min on the hiway and turned around!! I'm just hoping the rain stops by Saturday

Stef

Wow, must be nice to start late!! These shows start at 8am, and I'm in class 10!! I guess I could do more in the morning, I may have to this time because it has been pouring rain all week, so his paddock is a bit muddy!!! I didn't go to the barn today, it's just too gross outside. I started, got 5 min on the hiway and turned around!! I'm just hoping the rain stops by Saturday

Stef

Yeah, he's green so we're doing like 2'6" Special stuff and that's always later. When I was doing 3' with my previous one we would get to the shows at like 7:30 and they'd start at 8. I'd still bathe and everything early in the morning when I got there a few hours before. I should be going early in a little bit. We're working on getting him to look cute over fences, but at 2'6" he's just kinda plopping over them lol. He'll pick his feet up at 3'.

Yeah, he's green so we're doing like 2'6" Special stuff and that's always later. When I was doing 3' with my previous one we would get to the shows at like 7:30 and they'd start at 8. I'd still bathe and everything early in the morning when I got there a few hours before. I should be going early in a little bit. We're working on getting him to look cute over fences, but at 2'6" he's just kinda plopping over them lol. He'll pick his feet up at 3'.

What I do the day before really depends on the show. I'll usually hack them around, if I'm at the show then we'll school over fences sometimes and get them used to the place. Then I'll give my horse a bath, clip, clean tack. If it's a one day show I'll pack my stuff on the trailer. And I usually braid the night before as well unless we're staying at the show and there are a bunch of classes before mine.

And I am completely jealous of the late starts. I usually have to be ON by 5am to school... It's nuts.

Good luck at your show though! You have to come back and tell us EVERYTHING! Are pictures an option? Because we all LOVE pictures on HC!

What I do the day before really depends on the show. I'll usually hack them around, if I'm at the show then we'll school over fences sometimes and get them used to the place. Then I'll give my horse a bath, clip, clean tack. If it's a one day show I'll pack my stuff on the trailer. And I usually braid the night before as well unless we're staying at the show and there are a bunch of classes before mine.

And I am completely jealous of the late starts. I usually have to be ON by 5am to school... It's nuts.

Good luck at your show though! You have to come back and tell us EVERYTHING! Are pictures an option? Because we all LOVE pictures on HC!

LOL, you can have my late starts. I can't wait to be back at 3'!!

I'm just lazy and like to keep my friday's clear of hangage with people so I refuse to go on the barn. I'll go if my trainer says I need to, but unless then...no lol.

AND YES! WE LOOOOOOVE PICS!!

[ 06-15-2006, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Hallmark ]

LOL, you can have my late starts. I can't wait to be back at 3'!!

I'm just lazy and like to keep my friday's clear of hangage with people so I refuse to go on the barn. I'll go if my trainer says I need to, but unless then...no lol.

AND YES! WE LOOOOOOVE PICS!!

[ 06-15-2006, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Hallmark ]

Soooo.......I woke up this morning and it hasn't stopped pouring all nite. I made it to the barn to school last nite, because we have the show on Saturday, and I really couldn't afford to let Storm sit, and he has like, a lake in his paddock. I am sooo mad. Good thing he hates mud and hates rain even more, so was clean and dry when I got there, and probably will be again today. It was supposed to stop raining last nite, and now it's supposed to keep going until Saturday!!!! I better be able to show that's all I have to say. I am going to phone them today, because we have gotten ALOT of rain the last couple days, and while the classes are indoor, EVERYTHING else is outdoors.I'll have fun giving my horse a bathe outside in the pouring rain today.(we dont have indoor wash stall). Should I even bother, he will stay clean once he gets put in his paddock. If I do make it (which I better) I will have lots of pics. What's everyone else doing today?

Oh ya, every weekend there is a tournament at Spruce Meadows its raining. Boooo

Stef

Soooo.......I woke up this morning and it hasn't stopped pouring all nite. I made it to the barn to school last nite, because we have the show on Saturday, and I really couldn't afford to let Storm sit, and he has like, a lake in his paddock. I am sooo mad. Good thing he hates mud and hates rain even more, so was clean and dry when I got there, and probably will be again today. It was supposed to stop raining last nite, and now it's supposed to keep going until Saturday!!!! I better be able to show that's all I have to say. I am going to phone them today, because we have gotten ALOT of rain the last couple days, and while the classes are indoor, EVERYTHING else is outdoors.I'll have fun giving my horse a bathe outside in the pouring rain today.(we dont have indoor wash stall). Should I even bother, he will stay clean once he gets put in his paddock. If I do make it (which I better) I will have lots of pics. What's everyone else doing today?

Oh ya, every weekend there is a tournament at Spruce Meadows its raining. Boooo

Stef

My name is Trisha I am 25 and I just started taking English lessons this Feb. Up until this year I was all western all the time. Rodney is better suited for English so I decided to challenge myself and learn a new discipline.

This is me and Hot Rod Style(aka Rodney) he is my 3 year old QH Gelding that I show in Halter, Western Pleasure, and now Hunter Under Saddle and Hunt Seat Equitation.

-

-

-

-

-

-

My name is Trisha I am 25 and I just started taking English lessons this Feb. Up until this year I was all western all the time. Rodney is better suited for English so I decided to challenge myself and learn a new discipline.

This is me and Hot Rod Style(aka Rodney) he is my 3 year old QH Gelding that I show in Halter, Western Pleasure, and now Hunter Under Saddle and Hunt Seat Equitation.

-

-

-

-

-

-