Sign in to follow this  
webo124

English Chit Chat Thread for June! Introduce Yourself and Your Horses!

My name is Stephanie. I live in Ohio, and just graduated high school. Im going to the university of Findlay next year to study dressage and get my teaching degree. I own an 8 year old pure arab mare, Misty, who will be going with me to college! Ive had her for three years now, and have been riding all my life....

Here are 2 pictures from a 4H show this past weekend we decided to do last minute!

-

-

[ 06-18-2006, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Khabreanna ]

My name is Stephanie. I live in Ohio, and just graduated high school. Im going to the university of Findlay next year to study dressage and get my teaching degree. I own an 8 year old pure arab mare, Misty, who will be going with me to college! Ive had her for three years now, and have been riding all my life....

Here are 2 pictures from a 4H show this past weekend we decided to do last minute!

-

-

[ 06-18-2006, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Khabreanna ]

i am 12 years old. im going into 7th grade.i got my first horse on fathers day. his name is Mr.Ed. he can get stubborn at some times but what horse doesnt. tomorrow morning im going to ride him for the first time. we are going to ride english. he loves to jump over things so im going to work on jumping when im out on the trail. he is a 6 year old paso fino/ missouri fox trotter. he is my proud and joy even though i only had him for a couple of days. oh i live in pennsylvania ---[ IMG]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j267/leah_autumn_2012/efa30c13.jpg[/img]

[ 06-25-2006, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: leah_autumn_2012 ]

i am 12 years old. im going into 7th grade.i got my first horse on fathers day. his name is Mr.Ed. he can get stubborn at some times but what horse doesnt. tomorrow morning im going to ride him for the first time. we are going to ride english. he loves to jump over things so im going to work on jumping when im out on the trail. he is a 6 year old paso fino/ missouri fox trotter. he is my proud and joy even though i only had him for a couple of days. oh i live in pennsylvania ---[ IMG]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j267/leah_autumn_2012/efa30c13.jpg[/img]

[ 06-25-2006, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: leah_autumn_2012 ]

Yah! I'm happy to see this board/thread is getting some traffic. [Crazy]

I agree with Just Ducky that this needs to be more a chat thread as well. So let's see.

I am so happy it's summer. I'm currently spending almost every day at the barn, working for my trainer, riding, and just hanging out. I'll be working at camps too, oh joy, bratty kids and ponies! But it's usually pretty fun to tell you the truth. My trainer is taking the week off starting tomorrow, so no lessons, but he deserves it. I rode a boarders horse today because my trainer wanted to see how he went for me and that was pretty fun.

Everyone has gorgeous horses!

Yah! I'm happy to see this board/thread is getting some traffic. [Crazy]

I agree with Just Ducky that this needs to be more a chat thread as well. So let's see.

I am so happy it's summer. I'm currently spending almost every day at the barn, working for my trainer, riding, and just hanging out. I'll be working at camps too, oh joy, bratty kids and ponies! But it's usually pretty fun to tell you the truth. My trainer is taking the week off starting tomorrow, so no lessons, but he deserves it. I rode a boarders horse today because my trainer wanted to see how he went for me and that was pretty fun.

Everyone has gorgeous horses!

hello hello!!! Everyone's horses are GORGEOUS!!! Can anybody tell me how to post pics? I haven't managed to figure that out yet [Razz] . Anyways...

My name's Kristina. I'm 16 and I'll be a junior this fall. I've been riding English for 5 years (I think...somewhere around there anyways!) and western for 13 years. My family breeds QH. I'm not sure how many we have right now...it's somewhere between 20 and 25, plus the donkey!!! The horses that I call *mine* are Dusty, Raz, and Lace. Dusty is an 8 year old seal brown QH/Paint cross gelding who looks like a TB. He's about 16.2, which is crazy b/c he has foundation QH blood!!! On the rare occasion we make it to a show, I use him in western showmanship as well as whatever English classes there are (usually none [Frown] ). I also run him in barrels and poles at 4-H and high school rodeos. Raz is a 4 year old bay Appendix QH filly. She's at the trainer's right now learning stop, go, left and right...then I get to finish her!!! She's going to be a barrel/pole horse so I can focus on English with Dusty. And finally, Lace. The biggest stall pig the world has ever seen!!! She's a really short (14.1 or 14.2) 12 year old sorrel Paint mare who thinks she knows how to do reining. And is very good at throwing shoes. VERY good. 2 within 2 weeks!!! She's the horse that I use for any western performance events at shows and I also use her when I compete in rodeo queen contests!

wow....sorry this is so long guys!!! [Embarrassed]

hello hello!!! Everyone's horses are GORGEOUS!!! Can anybody tell me how to post pics? I haven't managed to figure that out yet [Razz] . Anyways...

My name's Kristina. I'm 16 and I'll be a junior this fall. I've been riding English for 5 years (I think...somewhere around there anyways!) and western for 13 years. My family breeds QH. I'm not sure how many we have right now...it's somewhere between 20 and 25, plus the donkey!!! The horses that I call *mine* are Dusty, Raz, and Lace. Dusty is an 8 year old seal brown QH/Paint cross gelding who looks like a TB. He's about 16.2, which is crazy b/c he has foundation QH blood!!! On the rare occasion we make it to a show, I use him in western showmanship as well as whatever English classes there are (usually none [Frown] ). I also run him in barrels and poles at 4-H and high school rodeos. Raz is a 4 year old bay Appendix QH filly. She's at the trainer's right now learning stop, go, left and right...then I get to finish her!!! She's going to be a barrel/pole horse so I can focus on English with Dusty. And finally, Lace. The biggest stall pig the world has ever seen!!! She's a really short (14.1 or 14.2) 12 year old sorrel Paint mare who thinks she knows how to do reining. And is very good at throwing shoes. VERY good. 2 within 2 weeks!!! She's the horse that I use for any western performance events at shows and I also use her when I compete in rodeo queen contests!

wow....sorry this is so long guys!!! [Embarrassed]

Hello all !!! Great idea here. I can't post pictueres yet, no scanner, but My name is Beth and am much older than any of you !! I am 55 years old. I have 3 quarter horses, one I show, also have 2 rescue horses. Rio is my show horse ( Rio Sunsphere ) he is 6 years old, and I have done most all of his training. Gim is 18 years old, and spunky as can be. Would love to show him, but he is too spooky. But a wonderful jumper. Rebel is my old man, 20 years old, and just a wonderful horse, laid back and all. The two rescue horses are Jenny ( 10 years old ) Gotten from a boy who just did not care for her or want her ( she was boarding at my place at the time ) And then there is Kate, about 25 years old or so, was in horrible shape when I got her, but has put on alot of weight and is a real sweetheart. I hope to be able to post pics soon. I enjoy hearing about other peoples horses and seeing them.

Hello all !!! Great idea here. I can't post pictueres yet, no scanner, but My name is Beth and am much older than any of you !! I am 55 years old. I have 3 quarter horses, one I show, also have 2 rescue horses. Rio is my show horse ( Rio Sunsphere ) he is 6 years old, and I have done most all of his training. Gim is 18 years old, and spunky as can be. Would love to show him, but he is too spooky. But a wonderful jumper. Rebel is my old man, 20 years old, and just a wonderful horse, laid back and all. The two rescue horses are Jenny ( 10 years old ) Gotten from a boy who just did not care for her or want her ( she was boarding at my place at the time ) And then there is Kate, about 25 years old or so, was in horrible shape when I got her, but has put on alot of weight and is a real sweetheart. I hope to be able to post pics soon. I enjoy hearing about other peoples horses and seeing them.

Hey I'm Victoria, I come to HC on and off, depending on my schedule. I do eventing with my pony Raison.

I also enjoy grooming him for competitions (and at home. I would like to be a professional groom, among other things)

-

[ 06-22-2006, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: VOHOeventgirl ]

Hey I'm Victoria, I come to HC on and off, depending on my schedule. I do eventing with my pony Raison.

I also enjoy grooming him for competitions (and at home. I would like to be a professional groom, among other things)

-

[ 06-22-2006, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: VOHOeventgirl ]

Hi I'm Anna I'm gonna be a sophmore in HS this fall, I own a QH 8 yr old gelding that I've had for alittle over a year now. We mainly do Hunter Pleasure, Hunter Eq, and Halter. I've been riding for about 5 years at the barn we keep my horse at.

Ranger

-

At our 4H Fair last year.

-

Hi I'm Anna I'm gonna be a sophmore in HS this fall, I own a QH 8 yr old gelding that I've had for alittle over a year now. We mainly do Hunter Pleasure, Hunter Eq, and Halter. I've been riding for about 5 years at the barn we keep my horse at.

Ranger

-

At our 4H Fair last year.

-

Okey dokey now that I figured out how to post pics....I introduced myself earlier [Razz] but once again I'm Kristina, I'm 16 and I'll be a junior this fall. I compete in 4-H horse shows, 4-H rodeos, high school rodeos and rodeo queen contests. Here's some pics...

Jumping with Dusty

-

Showmanship with Dusty

-

Me after coronation at Watertown

-

Lace and me at Horse Camp (Michael Saterbak from Coon Rapids, MN was the instructor--I learned SO much!!!)

-

Lace

-

Me after the SDHSRA queen contest (I won!!! Yay!!! Nationals here I come!!!)

-

Running barrels on Dusty at the Rosebud 4-H Rodeo

-

Okey dokey now that I figured out how to post pics....I introduced myself earlier [Razz] but once again I'm Kristina, I'm 16 and I'll be a junior this fall. I compete in 4-H horse shows, 4-H rodeos, high school rodeos and rodeo queen contests. Here's some pics...

Jumping with Dusty

-

Showmanship with Dusty

-

Me after coronation at Watertown

-

Lace and me at Horse Camp (Michael Saterbak from Coon Rapids, MN was the instructor--I learned SO much!!!)

-

Lace

-

Me after the SDHSRA queen contest (I won!!! Yay!!! Nationals here I come!!!)

-

Running barrels on Dusty at the Rosebud 4-H Rodeo

-