Sign in to follow this  
webo124

English Chit Chat Thread for June! Introduce Yourself and Your Horses!

quote:

Originally posted by leah_autumn_2012:

WOW!!!!!!YOU DO JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING...DO YOU GET TO KEEP THAT ONE SADDLE????

hehe yea I get to keep the queen saddle....I'm SOOOOOO excited b/c now maybe I can sell a saddle and have some $$!!!!!! Mom keeps telling me I need to focus on just a few events....I keep telling her what's the fun in that?! If I can put in the time and do well in all of them why not?! [big Grin] Hopefully soon Raz will come home from the trainer's (she's learning what the saddle is, go, whoa, left, right and back...then it's up to me beyond that) so I can start working with her....plan to start teaching her the barrel & pole patterns at a walk & trot next year and start running her in 2-3 years! Then I can turn Dusty into a full time English horse and maybe hit the show circuit for awhile....haha I have so many big plans!

What are everybody else's plans for their horses???

quote:

Originally posted by leah_autumn_2012:

WOW!!!!!!YOU DO JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING...DO YOU GET TO KEEP THAT ONE SADDLE????

hehe yea I get to keep the queen saddle....I'm SOOOOOO excited b/c now maybe I can sell a saddle and have some $$!!!!!! Mom keeps telling me I need to focus on just a few events....I keep telling her what's the fun in that?! If I can put in the time and do well in all of them why not?! [big Grin] Hopefully soon Raz will come home from the trainer's (she's learning what the saddle is, go, whoa, left, right and back...then it's up to me beyond that) so I can start working with her....plan to start teaching her the barrel & pole patterns at a walk & trot next year and start running her in 2-3 years! Then I can turn Dusty into a full time English horse and maybe hit the show circuit for awhile....haha I have so many big plans!

What are everybody else's plans for their horses???

I have more pics to share...here goes!!!

Me & my buddy Eric on my birthday after we started out puddle jumping and ended up wrestling in the puddle...

-

Me after horsemanship at the SDHSRA queen contest

-

Running poles at the Rosebud 4-H rodeo on Dusty

-

Poles on Dusty at the Highmore HS practice rodeo

-

Dusty...isn't he sexy??? [Razz] LOL

-

Butt shot!!!!

-

Dusty & me

-

ETA.......wow sorry those pics are so big!!! I'm not sure how to make them smaller so anybody w/ dialup...I'm sorry!!!!!!!!!

[ 06-28-2006, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: adrenaline_junkie ]

I have more pics to share...here goes!!!

Me & my buddy Eric on my birthday after we started out puddle jumping and ended up wrestling in the puddle...

-

Me after horsemanship at the SDHSRA queen contest

-

Running poles at the Rosebud 4-H rodeo on Dusty

-

Poles on Dusty at the Highmore HS practice rodeo

-

Dusty...isn't he sexy??? [Razz] LOL

-

Butt shot!!!!

-

Dusty & me

-

ETA.......wow sorry those pics are so big!!! I'm not sure how to make them smaller so anybody w/ dialup...I'm sorry!!!!!!!!!

[ 06-28-2006, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: adrenaline_junkie ]

HI! My name is Kate and I'm 21. I own a 28 yr old Reg QH. Her name is Poco Lena Leo...aka "Midge"

-

I dont show her but she gives lessons to a little boy! She loves kids and women but HATES men and dogs!!!

My neice and I on Midge:

-

I also have 5 race standardbred race horses! I'll post a few:

This is one of my stallions, Terrific Jersey aka "Jersey Bear", he's 9

-

This is the bf jogging Teed Off aka "Teddy", he's 10

-

This is Ralph's Buddy aka "Ralph" dunking his food in his water..LOL Don't think that we're dirty just his feed pail is cause he dunks ALL THE TIME, trust me we clean it cause it stinks!! LOL he's 5

-

Enjoy!

[ 06-29-2006, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: Jersey_Bear ]

HI! My name is Kate and I'm 21. I own a 28 yr old Reg QH. Her name is Poco Lena Leo...aka "Midge"

-

I dont show her but she gives lessons to a little boy! She loves kids and women but HATES men and dogs!!!

My neice and I on Midge:

-

I also have 5 race standardbred race horses! I'll post a few:

This is one of my stallions, Terrific Jersey aka "Jersey Bear", he's 9

-

This is the bf jogging Teed Off aka "Teddy", he's 10

-

This is Ralph's Buddy aka "Ralph" dunking his food in his water..LOL Don't think that we're dirty just his feed pail is cause he dunks ALL THE TIME, trust me we clean it cause it stinks!! LOL he's 5

-

Enjoy!

[ 06-29-2006, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: Jersey_Bear ]

I don't post much here but I guess I can join in too. My name is Raechel, I'm 19 and I'm starting my sophomore year in college this fall. Right now I'm just doing basics, but hopefully when I get enough credits to transfer, I'll be on my way to becoming a Veterinarian! I really don't know how long I've been riding, I guess since I was about 6, but I really didn't do lessons or anything, it was just the occasional trail ride. I actually started taking lessons I guess at about 12 maybe 13 and I quit taking lessons last September because I didn't want to ride competitively and I couldn't stand the drama at the barn. During the summer last year I leased a 12 year old QH, Chowsky. I never showed him, just rode him in lessons and such. He was a MONSTER standing at 16.2 hands.

Chowsky:

-

I've always wanted a horse of my own and I kept my eye on the sale websites for anything that might come up. Finally, at the end of March (this year), I found a paint named Misty. I went to visit her on April 9th and just fell in love with her. I had planned on checking out a couple of horses but she was the one. When we were visiting, I found out that even though she is a paint, she's actually considered to be a Spotted Saddle Horse (to be technical). That means that she's got TWH somewhere in her lines. On that day we put a $100 deposit on her so that it would be guaranteed that she was mine. We went back on April 30th to pick her up and bring her here. I've had her for two months (today) and right now we're working on going over ground poles. I'm kinda working with one of my friends who used to teach lessons at a show barn. (She's training an Arabian mare right now at the barn that I board my horse at). We're hoping that maybe before the end of the summer we might be able to take them to a few small shows. But mostly they're just being used for english pleasure and trails. Whew, that was long. So here is Misty.

-

-

-

And here's one of me riding her last week. Sorry the quality sucks, but it was taken off of a phone. (AND NO FLAMING ME FOR NOT WEARING A HELMET! [big Grin] )

-

I don't post much here but I guess I can join in too. My name is Raechel, I'm 19 and I'm starting my sophomore year in college this fall. Right now I'm just doing basics, but hopefully when I get enough credits to transfer, I'll be on my way to becoming a Veterinarian! I really don't know how long I've been riding, I guess since I was about 6, but I really didn't do lessons or anything, it was just the occasional trail ride. I actually started taking lessons I guess at about 12 maybe 13 and I quit taking lessons last September because I didn't want to ride competitively and I couldn't stand the drama at the barn. During the summer last year I leased a 12 year old QH, Chowsky. I never showed him, just rode him in lessons and such. He was a MONSTER standing at 16.2 hands.

Chowsky:

-

I've always wanted a horse of my own and I kept my eye on the sale websites for anything that might come up. Finally, at the end of March (this year), I found a paint named Misty. I went to visit her on April 9th and just fell in love with her. I had planned on checking out a couple of horses but she was the one. When we were visiting, I found out that even though she is a paint, she's actually considered to be a Spotted Saddle Horse (to be technical). That means that she's got TWH somewhere in her lines. On that day we put a $100 deposit on her so that it would be guaranteed that she was mine. We went back on April 30th to pick her up and bring her here. I've had her for two months (today) and right now we're working on going over ground poles. I'm kinda working with one of my friends who used to teach lessons at a show barn. (She's training an Arabian mare right now at the barn that I board my horse at). We're hoping that maybe before the end of the summer we might be able to take them to a few small shows. But mostly they're just being used for english pleasure and trails. Whew, that was long. So here is Misty.

-

-

-

And here's one of me riding her last week. Sorry the quality sucks, but it was taken off of a phone. (AND NO FLAMING ME FOR NOT WEARING A HELMET! [big Grin] )

-

Nice to meet y'all. Looks like we've got more people on this board than we realized!

My plans for Nuala are pretty simple. This show season is light because my trainer is getting her new barn established and I've got to leave early for college. But we've got our last (we think) major show in a week or two, a little rated thing so Nuala can get the hang of 3'. Then my trainer is going to lease her from me while I'm away, I'll get her back for a couple days in November if we were accepted into the George Morris clinic. Then I'll show her next summer and after that will depend on whether I transfer or not and to where.

Nice to meet y'all. Looks like we've got more people on this board than we realized!

My plans for Nuala are pretty simple. This show season is light because my trainer is getting her new barn established and I've got to leave early for college. But we've got our last (we think) major show in a week or two, a little rated thing so Nuala can get the hang of 3'. Then my trainer is going to lease her from me while I'm away, I'll get her back for a couple days in November if we were accepted into the George Morris clinic. Then I'll show her next summer and after that will depend on whether I transfer or not and to where.

People have to start chatting. They are, it's just a couple posts every couple days. sooooo...

Its Sat morning, what are everyones plans for the weekend? I'm getting a new horse today!! [big Grin]

I'm sooo excited, his name is Blue (I'm not sure his reg name, I will get it today), he is OTTB, 16 hands, 9 years old and an awesome awesome horse. He's the type of horse you can ride every day or once a month, and he'll give you everything and listen to everything you say. He's a steel gray color, he's so gorgeous I am so excited.

I am just leasing him, as he is one of my horse's massage therapists horses. She recently split from her husband, forcing her to buy her own house (and the market here is wayy up), so she was going to get rid of him, but TOTALLY didn't want to. I told her, bring him to our barn, I will pay board, you pay vet and farrier and do one treatment a month on my horse and we will both ride him. Yay!! Works out for both of us.

Sooo... he's mainly just been pleasure ridden for a while, I am thinking about showing in equitation and pleasure, and start schooling for hunters or jumpers, he is such a dream to work with. I'll get pictures today but then I have to go to Battle of the Bands so I wont be able to post them until tomorow or late tonight. Im so excited!! My gelding is doing amazing, as well. He is becoming such a good guy to work with, and he is becoming so fit. We have our first jumper schooling show on July 15, then another one the following weekend. Here's a pic from our last show:

-

So, has anyone been tuning into the APHA World Show online? I've seen a few classes, its been interesting!!

People have to start chatting. They are, it's just a couple posts every couple days. sooooo...

Its Sat morning, what are everyones plans for the weekend? I'm getting a new horse today!! [big Grin]

I'm sooo excited, his name is Blue (I'm not sure his reg name, I will get it today), he is OTTB, 16 hands, 9 years old and an awesome awesome horse. He's the type of horse you can ride every day or once a month, and he'll give you everything and listen to everything you say. He's a steel gray color, he's so gorgeous I am so excited.

I am just leasing him, as he is one of my horse's massage therapists horses. She recently split from her husband, forcing her to buy her own house (and the market here is wayy up), so she was going to get rid of him, but TOTALLY didn't want to. I told her, bring him to our barn, I will pay board, you pay vet and farrier and do one treatment a month on my horse and we will both ride him. Yay!! Works out for both of us.

Sooo... he's mainly just been pleasure ridden for a while, I am thinking about showing in equitation and pleasure, and start schooling for hunters or jumpers, he is such a dream to work with. I'll get pictures today but then I have to go to Battle of the Bands so I wont be able to post them until tomorow or late tonight. Im so excited!! My gelding is doing amazing, as well. He is becoming such a good guy to work with, and he is becoming so fit. We have our first jumper schooling show on July 15, then another one the following weekend. Here's a pic from our last show:

-

So, has anyone been tuning into the APHA World Show online? I've seen a few classes, its been interesting!!

Hi everyone, I'm Kendall. I'm 14 and going into ninth grade. I have three lovely loves. Rick, Lucy and Neen. Rick and Luc are appaloosa's and Neen is a Quarter horse. I'm in the process of starting Rick over fences, and hopefully by the end of the summer we'll be able to show in some flat classes and low hunter classes. Neen's turning into quite the pony and if things work out she'll be my all around pony. Luc, has navicular and is pretty soar most of the time so I hop on her when she feels good enough.

-

L-R--Rick, Neen, Luc

Hi everyone, I'm Kendall. I'm 14 and going into ninth grade. I have three lovely loves. Rick, Lucy and Neen. Rick and Luc are appaloosa's and Neen is a Quarter horse. I'm in the process of starting Rick over fences, and hopefully by the end of the summer we'll be able to show in some flat classes and low hunter classes. Neen's turning into quite the pony and if things work out she'll be my all around pony. Luc, has navicular and is pretty soar most of the time so I hop on her when she feels good enough.

-

L-R--Rick, Neen, Luc

Hey there, my name is Kristin i am 16 years old and am in 11th grade this coming school year and live in Northern Cali. I have one horse a 7 year old TB/Appy. and we call him Bubba because we cant think of another name. he used to be a trail horse and now that i have him i turned him into a pleasure english horse and plan to start training in jumping.

-

-

and one for fun, this is me and my Boyfriend

-

this is just me

-

here's bubba and I last winter..

-

Hey there, my name is Kristin i am 16 years old and am in 11th grade this coming school year and live in Northern Cali. I have one horse a 7 year old TB/Appy. and we call him Bubba because we cant think of another name. he used to be a trail horse and now that i have him i turned him into a pleasure english horse and plan to start training in jumping.

-

-

and one for fun, this is me and my Boyfriend

-

this is just me

-

here's bubba and I last winter..

-