Sign in to follow this  
webo124

English Chit Chat Thread for July!!!!!!

My trainer and I talked last night and decided not to show this morning. Nuala's the kind of horse that really needs one warm up course before she figures out "Oh, this is what I need to be doing,". If the fences were lower and she wasn't so green I would have been out there at six in a heartbeat, but with Nuala I really don't think it would have been worth it with just one class. Both my trainer and I know how Nuala would be and I decided it would be better to just go home and end on Tuesday's positive. We know what we need to work on so we'll fix those things and look for another show.

So next time... But Nuala's home now, very happy and comfortable. Lots of work with the draw reins in the future. Then Suzi wants me to start working with Oscar, a horse that someone sent to her for retraining. So I'll have a horsey to do some of the open shows with. He's really cute and has a good personality, just gets kind of nervous I guess. And yeah. That's that!

My trainer and I talked last night and decided not to show this morning. Nuala's the kind of horse that really needs one warm up course before she figures out "Oh, this is what I need to be doing,". If the fences were lower and she wasn't so green I would have been out there at six in a heartbeat, but with Nuala I really don't think it would have been worth it with just one class. Both my trainer and I know how Nuala would be and I decided it would be better to just go home and end on Tuesday's positive. We know what we need to work on so we'll fix those things and look for another show.

So next time... But Nuala's home now, very happy and comfortable. Lots of work with the draw reins in the future. Then Suzi wants me to start working with Oscar, a horse that someone sent to her for retraining. So I'll have a horsey to do some of the open shows with. He's really cute and has a good personality, just gets kind of nervous I guess. And yeah. That's that!

Good luck ridergirl!!!

Just_Ducky - that's too bad you didn't get to show, but at least you and your trainer know Nuala enough to know when not to push her. [smile]

SO I got my wisdom teeth removed on Wednesday, and it sucked. I'm hardly in as much pain as I was, but I'm still uncomfortable. I haven't seen Sally in a couple of days because I've been so dizzy. (Stupid steroids.) But hopefully I'll be able to see her this morning, once my mom gets back from the store! (lol, I'd drive myself, but my car blew a tire. [Roll Eyes] )

Good luck ridergirl!!!

Just_Ducky - that's too bad you didn't get to show, but at least you and your trainer know Nuala enough to know when not to push her. [smile]

SO I got my wisdom teeth removed on Wednesday, and it sucked. I'm hardly in as much pain as I was, but I'm still uncomfortable. I haven't seen Sally in a couple of days because I've been so dizzy. (Stupid steroids.) But hopefully I'll be able to see her this morning, once my mom gets back from the store! (lol, I'd drive myself, but my car blew a tire. [Roll Eyes] )

Where's everyone been?

Arrows - that sucks about your teeth. I remember having mine out, and it was horrible!! And the worst part is not being able to see the ponies! Not much you can do about it though, heh? Too bad, you'll feel better!

I have horrible news, I am soooo mad. I never got to show yesterday, because I spent the whole day in the hospital!! [Me Cry] I was soooo looking forward to our first jumping show, and I was really disappointed. However, I had my gallbladder removed a couple years ago, and keep getting these "surprise attacks" and always at the worst times!! So I wont have any pics until next week's show, but hopefully I will have lots!! I am taking a couple days off, tho, to recuperate.

I have a video of me and Storm doing a couple jumps, warming up for the show (on Friday), that we were supposed to go in. I would like to post it, I know what I am doing wrong, but I want everyones opinion. However, I still have to upload onto my computer then to photobucket, so I will hopefully have it up by tomorow!!

Also, I am so excited! Tomorow me and my friend Carson are going to meet a lady that breeds and trains show ponies!! She breeds or buys them as yearlings and 2 yr olds, turns them into show ponies, and sells them as 4 and 5 yr olds. Anyways, she wants Carson to show them at Spruce Meadows and on the ASJA and AHHA, and she needs a couple people for training. So, we are going to meet her and hopefully good things will come, even getting a foot in the door. They also have a really really good, reputable trainer (Larry Harris), and he only has select students, and my main goal is to maybe be able to go under him.

Talk to everyone later, sorry for rambling!

Where's everyone been?

Arrows - that sucks about your teeth. I remember having mine out, and it was horrible!! And the worst part is not being able to see the ponies! Not much you can do about it though, heh? Too bad, you'll feel better!

I have horrible news, I am soooo mad. I never got to show yesterday, because I spent the whole day in the hospital!! [Me Cry] I was soooo looking forward to our first jumping show, and I was really disappointed. However, I had my gallbladder removed a couple years ago, and keep getting these "surprise attacks" and always at the worst times!! So I wont have any pics until next week's show, but hopefully I will have lots!! I am taking a couple days off, tho, to recuperate.

I have a video of me and Storm doing a couple jumps, warming up for the show (on Friday), that we were supposed to go in. I would like to post it, I know what I am doing wrong, but I want everyones opinion. However, I still have to upload onto my computer then to photobucket, so I will hopefully have it up by tomorow!!

Also, I am so excited! Tomorow me and my friend Carson are going to meet a lady that breeds and trains show ponies!! She breeds or buys them as yearlings and 2 yr olds, turns them into show ponies, and sells them as 4 and 5 yr olds. Anyways, she wants Carson to show them at Spruce Meadows and on the ASJA and AHHA, and she needs a couple people for training. So, we are going to meet her and hopefully good things will come, even getting a foot in the door. They also have a really really good, reputable trainer (Larry Harris), and he only has select students, and my main goal is to maybe be able to go under him.

Talk to everyone later, sorry for rambling!

Ok, soooo....no one has been on here all week? I'm going to stop posting soon because I am almost the only posting here! Half Halt will be soo disapointed when she gets back! LOL [Razz]

So I have a show tomorrow (Sat). I am feeling much better now, and am looking forward to it. I am showing with my trainer, who is showing her 3 yr old QH (his first show). I will have results and lots of pics this time.

Ok, soooo....no one has been on here all week? I'm going to stop posting soon because I am almost the only posting here! Half Halt will be soo disapointed when she gets back! LOL [Razz]

So I have a show tomorrow (Sat). I am feeling much better now, and am looking forward to it. I am showing with my trainer, who is showing her 3 yr old QH (his first show). I will have results and lots of pics this time.