Sign in to follow this  
horsecrazybvh

anyone want to critique?

ok so my mom told me not to put these on here cause of the way people bash them, but what she doesnt know doesnt hurt right? ok if u do critique, please be constructive and dont tell me that i just look horrible, say u look horrible, then maybe tell me what i can do to help, my show is in a month, and i basically taught me and my horse to jump with very few lessons...here are the pics, yes they suck, our camera is slow! thanks in advance!

-

looks like my leg is back to far but idk

-

-

very blurry

-

ok so my mom told me not to put these on here cause of the way people bash them, but what she doesnt know doesnt hurt right? ok if u do critique, please be constructive and dont tell me that i just look horrible, say u look horrible, then maybe tell me what i can do to help, my show is in a month, and i basically taught me and my horse to jump with very few lessons...here are the pics, yes they suck, our camera is slow! thanks in advance!

-

looks like my leg is back to far but idk

-

-

very blurry

-

I would reccomend putting your stirrups up a hole or two and really trying to sink into your heels. Open up your shoulders (pull your shoulders back, basically stick your chest out [Razz] ), look up and don't bury your hands into your horse's neck. Also scooch forward into your saddle so that you stay centered instead of being pushed back onto the cantle. Lastly, in the second pic, it looks like you need to give a little more release for maybe a little longer so that you don't catch his mouth and discourage him from wanting to jump. Good luck at your show [smiley Wavey]

I would reccomend putting your stirrups up a hole or two and really trying to sink into your heels. Open up your shoulders (pull your shoulders back, basically stick your chest out [Razz] ), look up and don't bury your hands into your horse's neck. Also scooch forward into your saddle so that you stay centered instead of being pushed back onto the cantle. Lastly, in the second pic, it looks like you need to give a little more release for maybe a little longer so that you don't catch his mouth and discourage him from wanting to jump. Good luck at your show [smiley Wavey]

Yep, definatley put your stirrups up a hole or two. Then once you fix that, spend a lot of time on the flat working in two point. Your lower leg looks a weak and the two point will help you build up your strength. It will take quite a bit of effort and determination on your part, but it will be beneficial for both you and your horse [big Grin]

Also, do you have half chaps or tall boots? They will help with your lower leg and give you more security in the saddle.

Also, what type of show are you going to? Is it going to be a jumping show, or what?

Best of luck to you and your horse!

Yep, definatley put your stirrups up a hole or two. Then once you fix that, spend a lot of time on the flat working in two point. Your lower leg looks a weak and the two point will help you build up your strength. It will take quite a bit of effort and determination on your part, but it will be beneficial for both you and your horse [big Grin]

Also, do you have half chaps or tall boots? They will help with your lower leg and give you more security in the saddle.

Also, what type of show are you going to? Is it going to be a jumping show, or what?

Best of luck to you and your horse!

I agree with what everyone has said but also out that KNEE ON THE KNEE ROLL and yes work on the flat work more often also invest in some tall boots or half chaps(less expensive only for local shows !!) also if you don't have paddok boots get some I got mine for 41.92 on stateline tack hleps your form so much also makes the jumps a tid wider to give more room just in case or faluire of something hope your shows goses GREAT you are your horse are so very pretty

[big Grin]

I agree with what everyone has said but also out that KNEE ON THE KNEE ROLL and yes work on the flat work more often also invest in some tall boots or half chaps(less expensive only for local shows !!) also if you don't have paddok boots get some I got mine for 41.92 on stateline tack hleps your form so much also makes the jumps a tid wider to give more room just in case or faluire of something hope your shows goses GREAT you are your horse are so very pretty

[big Grin]

i have half chaps and paddock boots, i just wasnt wearing them cause i was trail riding that day, and when i came in i did a little jumping practice, now i need a shirt and coat in less then a month!

i have half chaps and paddock boots, i just wasnt wearing them cause i was trail riding that day, and when i came in i did a little jumping practice, now i need a shirt and coat in less then a month!

quote:

Originally posted by Horsie_baby _16:

[big Grin]

Ditto! [big Grin]

I think you guys look great for being self taught. Shorten your stirrups and invest in some suede half chaps - they'll help keep your leg in place while you work on building strength. Also, I don't know that much about jumping but I think you need to put your hands up higher on the horse's neck and release more. But since no one's mentioned that yet (I don't think) you're probably doing fine. Good job!

quote:

Originally posted by Horsie_baby _16:

[big Grin]

Ditto! [big Grin]

I think you guys look great for being self taught. Shorten your stirrups and invest in some suede half chaps - they'll help keep your leg in place while you work on building strength. Also, I don't know that much about jumping but I think you need to put your hands up higher on the horse's neck and release more. But since no one's mentioned that yet (I don't think) you're probably doing fine. Good job!

Okay, first thing I noticed was that you need to really shorten your sturips. They are not supporting your leg, making it hard to get in a two point. What I would also like to see on you is a tighter lower leg, which working without sturips would help. Sit up, and give a more forgiving release, instead of burying your hands into your horses neck. Your horse is THE cutest little guy/girl ever, and he/she looks very willing to please you. A very good start with such few lessons, and congrats on teaching you and your horse how to jump properly. I like the way your elbows are in, and that you are keeping your heels down for the most part. As for the third pic, you are falling forward, and discourgeing him to jump. The jump itself is very small, and probably hard for him to see! You are your horse make a very good pair, and look like you both have lots of promiseing talent! Good luck at your show, and let us know how it goes!

Okay, first thing I noticed was that you need to really shorten your sturips. They are not supporting your leg, making it hard to get in a two point. What I would also like to see on you is a tighter lower leg, which working without sturips would help. Sit up, and give a more forgiving release, instead of burying your hands into your horses neck. Your horse is THE cutest little guy/girl ever, and he/she looks very willing to please you. A very good start with such few lessons, and congrats on teaching you and your horse how to jump properly. I like the way your elbows are in, and that you are keeping your heels down for the most part. As for the third pic, you are falling forward, and discourgeing him to jump. The jump itself is very small, and probably hard for him to see! You are your horse make a very good pair, and look like you both have lots of promiseing talent! Good luck at your show, and let us know how it goes!

thanks every one, i had my striups long cause they get uncomfrotable on trail rides when they are short, but i will shorten them, my trainer is pregnant so i cant really use her right now, she is due aug 24!! i cant wait to see her baby, and she needs someone to ride her ottb, so i might do that, but thank you guys for not bashing me so much, you guys are helping which is what i wanted, telling me how to fix my problems, and it helps so much!thanks again, i really appreciate it, that there are some nice people on here who dont yell at me!

thanks every one, i had my striups long cause they get uncomfrotable on trail rides when they are short, but i will shorten them, my trainer is pregnant so i cant really use her right now, she is due aug 24!! i cant wait to see her baby, and she needs someone to ride her ottb, so i might do that, but thank you guys for not bashing me so much, you guys are helping which is what i wanted, telling me how to fix my problems, and it helps so much!thanks again, i really appreciate it, that there are some nice people on here who dont yell at me!

You very much need to strengthen your leg- it's not "too far back" in that one picture- it's actually off the saddle and off the horse.

Because of this, you're in a very precarious situation when jumping. If something should happen, it may be difficult to stay on. Additionally, it looks like you get to the jump and sort of wait for it to happen- remember to keep contact with the reins and look up and stay active with your leg up to the jump [smile]

On the positive side, you don't interfere with your horse at all over the jumps- there's only one pic where your reins are a bit taut (and that's the one where you got left behind more than in the other pics, so strengthening the leg is KEY!)

I would suggest you do a lot of work on strengthening that leg and finding your balance- work on two point at the trot, practice standing in the stirrups at all gaits while reaching into your heel and keeping your lower leg on. Practice riding with no hands on a lunge line (maybe mom will help you). And yes, shorten the stirrups several holes.

Correct attire will also help- half chaps specifically. In pants, if you have your legs on properly, the stirrup leather can rub quite a bit- half chaps or boots will protect your legs so you can get it on more effectively.

Your horse is adorable and pleasant and you make a lovely team with him [smile]

You very much need to strengthen your leg- it's not "too far back" in that one picture- it's actually off the saddle and off the horse.

Because of this, you're in a very precarious situation when jumping. If something should happen, it may be difficult to stay on. Additionally, it looks like you get to the jump and sort of wait for it to happen- remember to keep contact with the reins and look up and stay active with your leg up to the jump [smile]

On the positive side, you don't interfere with your horse at all over the jumps- there's only one pic where your reins are a bit taut (and that's the one where you got left behind more than in the other pics, so strengthening the leg is KEY!)

I would suggest you do a lot of work on strengthening that leg and finding your balance- work on two point at the trot, practice standing in the stirrups at all gaits while reaching into your heel and keeping your lower leg on. Practice riding with no hands on a lunge line (maybe mom will help you). And yes, shorten the stirrups several holes.

Correct attire will also help- half chaps specifically. In pants, if you have your legs on properly, the stirrup leather can rub quite a bit- half chaps or boots will protect your legs so you can get it on more effectively.

Your horse is adorable and pleasant and you make a lovely team with him [smile]

quote:

Originally posted by DressagePrick01:

From the looks of it, neither of you know how to jump.

If you want your horse to learn how to jump, YOU need to learn how to jump first. Get a TRAINER and get some real LESSONS, starting on a school horse, and eventually on your own horse.

What is this business about a show? Over FENCES? Please tell me that was a joke that I was to stupid to understand...

Now, a critique of the pictures you posted.

You need to start by strengthening your lower leg (no stirrup work) and doing 2-point on the flat a W/T/C. Your leg is just pooping around there when it needs to come more in front of you. And for GOD'S sake, get your foot in the stirrup correctly.

Now, your horse..I don't think he's
jumping
these "fences". Looks to me like he's just trotting over them like they're poles. You need to move your horse forward and give him a kick before the fence to tell him what you want to do.

I'm sorry if you take offense, but can you not read? She asked for constructive critism(sp [Razz] ) and you down right tell her that she and her pony suck. I agree that she does need some work, but don't you think that you could have rephrased it a bit?

quote:

If you want your horse to learn how to jump, YOU need to learn how to jump first. Get a TRAINER and get some real LESSONS, starting on a school horse, and eventually on your own horse.

What is this business about a show? Over FENCES? Please tell me that was a joke that I was to stupid to understand...

You need to start by strengthening your lower leg (no stirrup work) and doing 2-point on the flat a W/T/C. Your leg is just pooping around there when it needs to come more in front of you. And for GOD'S sake, get your foot in the stirrup correctly.

jumping
these "fences". Looks to me like he's just trotting over them like they're poles. You need to move your horse forward and give him a kick before the fence to tell him what you want to do.

I'm sorry if you take offense, but can you not read? She asked for constructive critism(sp [Razz] ) and you down right tell her that she and her pony suck. I agree that she does need some work, but don't you think that you could have rephrased it a bit?

quote:

Originally posted by JumperChic182:

quote:

jumping

I'm sorry if you take offense, but can you not read? She asked for constructive critism(sp
[Razz]
) and you down right tell her that she and her pony suck. I agree that she does need some work, but don't you think that you could have rephrased it a bit?

alrighty then! some people on here are decent and some people on here are still a little on the rude side, yes a show on august 26th, you read right!! [Mad] we will be doing crossrails, and 2 fences at 2 ft, if you have a problem with that come up to PA and teach me how to jump, i have had one week in a english camp, my first time ever in an english saddle and she had me jumping the first day and she is the best trainer in my area, and my normal trainer is pregnant, due aug 24th, so yeah i will have her and her barrel stomach up here to give me some lessons, yeah right! i think of her safety and her babys before mine! i can handle a fall, im just going to the show to have fun, i could care less about my placings so kiss this! i guess your name says it all, *****, do you even now what a ***** is? hint hint- it is a part on a males body, dressage (inserts male body part here)haha thats haliraous!<-know i didnt spell that right but how freaking cares, if you aint got nothing half decent to say dont post on my post!!

JumperChic182: thanks for supporting me and my horse! I really appreciate it! dang i need anger management!

quote:

Originally posted by JumperChic182:

quote:

jumping

I'm sorry if you take offense, but can you not read? She asked for constructive critism(sp
[Razz]
) and you down right tell her that she and her pony suck. I agree that she does need some work, but don't you think that you could have rephrased it a bit?

alrighty then! some people on here are decent and some people on here are still a little on the rude side, yes a show on august 26th, you read right!! [Mad] we will be doing crossrails, and 2 fences at 2 ft, if you have a problem with that come up to PA and teach me how to jump, i have had one week in a english camp, my first time ever in an english saddle and she had me jumping the first day and she is the best trainer in my area, and my normal trainer is pregnant, due aug 24th, so yeah i will have her and her barrel stomach up here to give me some lessons, yeah right! i think of her safety and her babys before mine! i can handle a fall, im just going to the show to have fun, i could care less about my placings so kiss this! i guess your name says it all, *****, do you even now what a ***** is? hint hint- it is a part on a males body, dressage (inserts male body part here)haha thats haliraous!<-know i didnt spell that right but how freaking cares, if you aint got nothing half decent to say dont post on my post!!

JumperChic182: thanks for supporting me and my horse! I really appreciate it! dang i need anger management!

quote:

Originally posted by horsecrazybvh:

[JumperChic182: thanks for supporting me and my horse! I really appreciate it! dang i need anger management![/QB]

No problem [Wink] If you need anymore help, don't hesitate to ask. You can even PM them to me. Good Luck at the show!

quote:

Originally posted by horsecrazybvh:

[JumperChic182: thanks for supporting me and my horse! I really appreciate it! dang i need anger management![/QB]

No problem [Wink] If you need anymore help, don't hesitate to ask. You can even PM them to me. Good Luck at the show!