Sign in to follow this  
DressagePrick01

What type of bit do you ride in?

Herm Sprenger KK Ultra Loose Ring

What is different about the french link and that bit?

That's the bit that I use.

quote:

Originally posted by MightySinsation:

The French link makes the bit double-jointed, so it's good for horses who dislike the single-jointed nutcracker action of most snaffles. If that's what you were asking... if the Ultra has a French link then maybe the difference is in the width of the bits or the metals its composed of? I have no idea. lol.

quote:

The French link makes the bit double-jointed, so it's good for horses who dislike the single-jointed nutcracker action of most snaffles. If that's what you were asking... if the Ultra has a French link then maybe the difference is in the width of the bits or the metals its composed of? I have no idea. lol.

quote:

Originally posted by morgan horses:

i ride in a phelam on a brand new double bridle

But aren't pelhams different than double bridles? I thought with double bridles you ride off a bridoon and curb whereas a pelham is just a bit you use with two reins. Just wondering!! I could be wrong, but I'm interested in bits so I try to learn as much as I can about them [smile] .

quote:

But aren't pelhams different than double bridles? I thought with double bridles you ride off a bridoon and curb whereas a pelham is just a bit you use with two reins. Just wondering!! I could be wrong, but I'm interested in bits so I try to learn as much as I can about them [smile] .

quote:

Originally posted by Arrows:

quote:

But aren't pelhams different than double bridles? I thought with double bridles you ride off a bridoon and curb whereas a pelham is just a bit you use with two reins. Just wondering!! I could be wrong, but I'm interested in bits so I try to learn as much as I can about them
[smile]

You're absolutely right [smile]

A double bridle = two bits

Pelham = one bit, two reins.

[smile]

quote:

quote:

But aren't pelhams different than double bridles? I thought with double bridles you ride off a bridoon and curb whereas a pelham is just a bit you use with two reins. Just wondering!! I could be wrong, but I'm interested in bits so I try to learn as much as I can about them
[smile]

You're absolutely right [smile]

[smile]

quote:

quote:

The KK middle piece is "bean" shaped and at an angle to the horse's tongue that makes it slightly more comfortable than the french link (which is just a flat piece of metal shaped like a dog bone). The KK Ultra bits are also a different metal- aurigan- which is a bit softer and encourages salivation a bit more. [smile]

quote:

quote:

The KK middle piece is "bean" shaped and at an angle to the horse's tongue that makes it slightly more comfortable than the french link (which is just a flat piece of metal shaped like a dog bone). The KK Ultra bits are also a different metal- aurigan- which is a bit softer and encourages salivation a bit more. [smile]

quote:

Originally posted by goldentoes:

quote:

quote:

[smile]

You're absolutely right
[smile]

[smile]
Or one bit and one rein with roundings [Wink][big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by goldentoes:

quote:

quote:

[smile]

You're absolutely right
[smile]

[smile]
Or one bit and one rein with roundings [Wink][big Grin]

Thanks goldentoes!!!

Haha Naughty Neigh, roundings saved my life when I was a little kid riding hunter ponies [Roll Eyes] .

[ 07-31-2006, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Arrows ]

Thanks goldentoes!!!

Haha Naughty Neigh, roundings saved my life when I was a little kid riding hunter ponies [Roll Eyes] .

[ 07-31-2006, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Arrows ]