Sign in to follow this  
DressagePrick01

What type of bit do you ride in?

quote:

Originally posted by Arrows:

I use Dr. Cook's Bitless Bridle, so none
[big Grin]

Same Here on both Shiloh and Ellinoir and will with both mules (until I get a bosal Hackamore).

quote:

Originally posted by Arrows:

I use Dr. Cook's Bitless Bridle, so none
[big Grin]

Same Here on both Shiloh and Ellinoir and will with both mules (until I get a bosal Hackamore).

First of all, if your horse is under 5, or if you only ride Western for fun, snaffles are okay to use(or at least that's how it is where I ride and show)

I was riding Sam in a snaffle with copper rollers to get the basics down, but he's moved up to the Pelham so I can give lighter cues. My question is, do you think it's ok to school in the Pelham(broken and copper-mouth) and show in it, as long as I don't use much hand on him?

First of all, if your horse is under 5, or if you only ride Western for fun, snaffles are okay to use(or at least that's how it is where I ride and show)

I was riding Sam in a snaffle with copper rollers to get the basics down, but he's moved up to the Pelham so I can give lighter cues. My question is, do you think it's ok to school in the Pelham(broken and copper-mouth) and show in it, as long as I don't use much hand on him?