Sign in to follow this  

Looking At A New Horse....Sold Missile.

Yes, it's true. I sold Missile. I am now looking at a Packin' Sixes (on the top) and a Firewater Flit (on the bottom). I haven't actually seen him yet, but he sounds like he is what I'm looking for. He is 4 years old, dead broke and loping the barrels. He of course needs a bit of guidance at this point and that's what I'm looking for. He's sorrel and all chromed out. Big white blaze face.

I'll go and try him next weekend, so wish me luck.

I'll be sure and let you know how it works out...or not.....Missile...With...Wings...........

Hope this guy is all you are hoping for Missile! [Yay]

And if you all are a wondering, no it wasn't me that bought Missile the horse from Missile the human. Some lucky *** [Wink] got to him before I did!

He sounds B-E-A-U-T-iful, Missile!!

Best of luck with him!

Hey, I'm sending ya a PM about the fall, is it still on? Do you know anyone I could hitch a ride with? Or is it open to others?

Hey Y'all....thanks for the responses. I sold Missile to a guy in Weatherford, Oklahoma. He's roping on him. It was one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made in my life, and I'll leave it at that. Trust me when I say I didn't make the decision overnight. I, however, want to "pro rodeo" and it was time for a change. If, I get this Packin' Sixes colt, it will be a couple years to bring him on....especially the way I prefer to do it. Make them solid, sane, and totally trusting you and you have a mount for life. At the age of 4, he will probably be the last pro horse for me. Life is full of changes and it is amazing what one day to another can do. In any event, I know I sound like a broken record about these profiles, but I PROMISE I will finish them. There have been some very upsetting things that have happened with my health that I have been unable to control. Hopefully, we're getting a handle on it now. I fully expect to be around "here" everyday again (I've been "gone" for several months now). So, it's nice to be back and see all the familiar posters and I look forward to visiting with those of you I don't know. I will keep you posted about my horse shopping!........Missile...With...Wings...........

quote:

Originally posted by MissilesFlyin':

Hey Y'all....thanks for the responses. I sold Missile to a guy in Weatherford, Oklahoma. He's roping on him. It was one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made in my life, and I'll leave it at that. Trust me when I say I didn't make the decision overnight. I, however, want to "pro rodeo" and it was time for a change. If, I get this Packin' Sixes colt, it will be a couple years to bring him on....especially the way I prefer to do it. Make them solid, sane, and totally trusting you and you have a mount for life. At the age of 4, he will probably be the last pro horse for me. Life is full of changes and it is amazing what one day to another can do. In any event, I know I sound like a broken record about these profiles, but I PROMISE I will finish them. There have been some very upsetting things that have happened with my health that I have been unable to control. Hopefully, we're getting a handle on it now. I fully expect to be around "here" everyday again (I've been "gone" for several months now). So, it's nice to be back and see all the familiar posters and I look forward to visiting with those of you I don't know. I will keep you posted about my horse shopping!........Missile...With...Wings...........

Well I'm glad that you found Missile a nice new home to go to where he will be loved. My gelding Hank went to a lady in Weatherford. I'm glad that things are finally settling down for you...sounds like you deserve a break.

Thanks Salina....it's great to talk with you again. I was sorry to have missed you when I was in Oklahoma. I was busy the entire time. Not a moment of rest and I learned a lot and had a really nice time. How are you feeling after your accident? I've often wondered how your feeling and how your "juggling" your busy life. Take Care.

.............Love, Missile...With...Wings.........

Well, it sounds like you made the best choice for you and for Missle, even though I'm sure it was really difficult. I sold one of my good mares last winter to a guy for roping--her heart was not into barrel racing. It really sucked because I had put so much time into her, and she had the speed, but no desire. But she *loves* to chase cows, so the roping home was definately better for her too [smile]

Good luck with finding a new horse--it can be so fun! Especially right now where the market is flooded with opportunity!! Make sure you share pictures of your new prospect!!

JRT...Misery sure loves company....I mean me.....

As I said, it was extremely difficult and I had many months of soul searching. I had had him since he was 18 months old and to say I feel a huge "loss" and am "greiving" is the absolute truth. I would like to think that I am a sensible person and that I'm capable of making mature decisions in my best interest, but gosh some of those decisions sure do hurt. I almost don't want to get excited or attached for fear of loss. It's just where I am right now. So much has been going on in my life, and I've about had a belly full. In any event....I will pull my "big girl panties" up and get on with business. I intend to go see this Packin' Sixes colt next weekend. If he "fit's" me, I'll bring him home. I'm afraid I don't know how to post picture's, but I can usually get Salina (if she's not busy)or Run N Rate or Bugs1 to post. Thanks for sharing your story. It helped and I do appreciate it!

.................Missile...With...Wings...........

quote:

Thanks Salina....it's great to talk with you again. I was sorry to have missed you when I was in Oklahoma. I was busy the entire time. Not a moment of rest and I learned a lot and had a really nice time. How are you feeling after your accident? I've often wondered how your feeling and how your "juggling" your busy life. Take Care.

.............Love, Missile...With...Wings.........

Ya, I'm sure you stayed pretty busy the whole time, and I've been going nonstop since school got out. I've been feeling really good lately...no seizures or anything like they said would happen. Every great once in awhile I'll get a migrane, but not to often. A couple weeks ago I went through this stage where I would have bruised areas on my head for a few days, then they would go away for a few days. Off and on for about 3 weeks and now I've been bruise free for 2 weeks straight, so I don't know what was going on...As of May 27 it's been 6 months and that's how long they said it would take for all the bruising and swelling to go away, so I SHOULD be good to go from now on.

Missile old buddy it's never easy to sell one like that, but in the end you have to do what's best for YOU and for HIM. I wish you the best of luck in your search for a new one and WE WANT PICTURES!!!!

I sent Zephyr to the trainer...finally, round two...and hope to hear some GOOD news this week. Since she was such a witch at the trainer's in March i'm hoping her attitude is improved now.

HTTY & GBTUSA

BUMPER

Again, thanks y'all! I have really missed being around here....so, we should have a fun summer!

.............Missile....With....Wings.............

Bumper....you amaze me. I'm going to print off the information you gave on mules....etc. I never really got the truth of what was what and what could be bred to what. You're a wealth of knowledge. Thanks for sharing.........Missile.....

Sounds like me and you are in the same boat!

I am selling Riata and already lookin at a rope horse (barrelracer17 owns him actually). Riata is just not ready for college rodeo and never will be in my hands, so I think it is time to pass her on to someone who knows better.

But this colt you're lookin at sounds nice! Good luck with you and whatever you decide!

Thanks Saudi...let me know what you end up doing too!..............Missile....With...Wings.........

Missile sounds like you made the best choice for you and him. It's a tough thing to do. I had put Jet up for sale when I was down at OKC for BBR Finals. Luckily I had some people talk me out of it otherwise I'd have been missing out on a lot. If ya ever need someone to do some picture posting for ya I'm always around. Best of luck.

My jaw dropped when I saw the title of this thread! I know how tough that must have been for you. I tear up at the thought of not having my Jet around so I can only imagine what you're going through. But sometiems you just have to do whats best for the both of you.

I'll be praying for you with your heatlh issues. And I look foreward to updates with the new horse---you need to get us some pictures! I bet he'll turn out nice in your hands!!!

Shy Ky and Sugurbabe...thank you for the kind words. Everyone's support means a lot. This unfortunately is part of the game too....changing horse's. As I said, it was difficult. I sent Snicker's out to be started yesterday. I've got some pictures of him. I'll PM you Shy and see if you can post them for me. Thanks again ladies.

...........Missile....With....Wings...............

Yep I will do my best to get them posted for ya. PM me and if I can't get them from there I'll just have you email them to me.

quote:

Hey Missile. I'm really excited about this new horse. Maybe in a couple years we can hit up the rodeo trail together if both of our horses are running that good. I haven't been riding that much but hopefully everything will settle down that way I can keep my horses in shape and running.