qhridinGA

Why I *extremely dislike* Boxers

You know, I really dont think I care enough to tell you folks why I hate boxers, I guess I will.

And if you say I am not a dog person, cause I dont like a certain breed, I dont care either. I am a dog person, I love my dogs, I like most other peoples dogs. My dogs are well taken care of. So to me that is a dog person. And dogs like me. Even boxers. I just hate them. But I am not a huggie, fluffy, Oh, I love your puppies type person. Everything in moderation.

I have never really cared much for boxers, never gave them a second look before I was around them. But I have now been DRIVEN to hate them. My inlaws are on their second stupid boxer, my SIL has one. My dog trainer friend has several, I can tolerate hers cause they are well behaved, but training doesnt fix the fact that it is still and ugly boxer.

When I say driven, I mean it. My first personal experience was the stupid white one that my inlaws had. First the dog should have been culled. Boxers are not supposed to be white. But they had her spayed when she was young, so to me that made up for it. At least they didnt breed her. The dog was a monster. But since I lived close, she learned how to behave around me, so we came to terms, and I semi liked her. I dont miss her now that she is gone though. She died at 8 years old of Cushings disease. Oh and boxers are cancer factories, said by several of my veterinarians. For years this dog was an out of control monster. Is it the owners fault? YES. But it is the dogs breeding to act like an idiot. Even well behaved ones jump all over the place, box with their feet, and bounce. I hate dogs like that. They do not learn very well. They were always dragging her away and saying no. The dog never got it. We now own the house that they lived in. I am having to make several serious repairs on this house because of the dog. She clawed halfway thru a solid oak interior door. The house is very old, and it will be very expensive to find doors to match. So I am trying to see how I can fix this. No to mention all the trim ripped off the interior of the house. The hardwood floors are scratched to hades because of the dog always running all over the house and her sharp claws digging in the floor. Not to mention the dog always barking, and clawing my children to blood.

Enter my SIL getting a boxer. They made him behave for the most part, he was neutered and it stopped his discusting habit of what he was doing to people when they came over. But the dog will still climb all over you. And totally in your face. I consider that a very rude dog. Everyone says that is why boxers are so great.

Enter the third boxer. My inlaws got another one. This is worst of all. Besides the stupid animal jumping, and leaping all over you, you cannot even sit down. I did, and a 75 pound stupid animal leaped over the back of the sofa, beside me, then on top of my head. Leaving a bloody scratch down my face and neck. I was furious. I knocked the dog across the room. It had no regard for my personal space. Then the dog ran growling at a 4 year old child, leaped on him, clawed his face and knocked him into the kitchen table. Probably the owners fault, but they have taken her to private trainers, even went so far as to buy an electric collar. The stupid dog doesnt get it. It is the dumbest animal I have ever seen. My son had a migrane headache, he layed down on her sofa to watch TV. The dumb animal leaped on top of him, ripped his glasses off his head, and chomped them before he could get them from her. Cost me 300 bucks to replace his glasses and lens. The dog ripped the shoes from my daughters feet. Not to mention the bloody scratches all over my children from the dog 'playing'. And the way the dog plays is how boxers are. The jumping and pawing. That is how they are built and mindset. I cant tell you how many shoes I have had to replace, and my daughter coming home in tears cause the dumb dog ate her favorite shoes. Oh, and the new shirt I had to replace cause the dog, grabbed it by the bottom and ripped it.

I honestly do not think they can be taught. Because there is nothing in their heads. They are not good with children if all they do is jump all over them. A girl at work even has 2 here and they act the same way. You try to pet them and you end up with a claw in your arm. After it jumps all over the place like a fish out of the water. And she wants me to buy one of her pups. NO.

You tell me, after living around these animals if you will still love them? Because my hatred of those dogs, brings me to hate every single one. I even hate to see the calendars of them on sell at the pet store. The ones for sale, act like idiots when they bring them out. The way they flop around. They cannot be still for anything.

Even my favorite dog breed has bad reputation. Australian Cattle Dogs. But I will be the first one to tell someone to not get one. And I do not recommend them to familys with small children. And I see people recommending them to people with kids. Sure, if they dont want any skin on their kids.

[bang Head]

ETA: Sure have fun, bash away, I dont really care. And you will not change my mind. And I dont want to see pics of peoples kids hanging all over a boxer. It wont change my mind.

[ 10-25-2007, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: qhridinGA ]

And here I thought we were going to have a discussion about shorts. [Wink][Wink] You know does he look sexy in boxers or what kinda discussion. [ROTFL]

quote:

Originally posted by Mudder:

And here I thought we were going to have a discussion about shorts.
[Wink][Wink]
You know does he look sexy in boxers or what kinda discussion.
[ROTFL]

Yeah that!

I had my opinion all mapped out too............ [ROTFL]

No actually, I am in a worse mood. Cause it reminded me how much money I have lost on a dog that wasnt even mine.

I am waiting for all the pics to show up so I can delete this thread. Cause I seriously do not want pics of everyones dog on here.

But can we still discuss boxers vrs tighty whities. I wanna see pics of that for sure. [big Grin]

Umm, all I see from your post is a bunch of people in your family who have NO idea on how to properly train dogs and you blaming the entire breed for it. Hhmmm [Question] that makes alot of sense. Perhaps if they owned GSD dogs then you you passionatly hate them instead [Question]

I have had Boxers my entire life, and no I will not waste any pictures here to show you, and I have never encountered any problems training them.

Of course then again I do know how to properly train my dogs and know the breed very well.

Perhaps your family should have done some research before buying the boxer breed and bought a breed more suitable for their experience level.

Not all breeds are for everyone but for someone to bash an entire breed such as you have for no reasons other than lack of training is well, childish.

quote:

Originally posted by qhridinGA:

No actually, I am in a worse mood. Cause it reminded me how much money I have lost on a dog that wasnt even mine.

[Roll Eyes] Again, lack of training.

quote:

I am waiting for all the pics to show up so I can delete this thread. Cause I seriously do not want pics of everyones dog on here.

So if you don't care what anyone else says(in your first post) and you don't dare see pictures(not that I'd waste my time) then why the heck even start this thread?? I see it as immature and instigating. [Roll Eyes]

[ 10-25-2007, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Tatertots ]

Hmm, if Boxers can't be trained, how do you explain this?

Ch Sherwood?s Milesian, UDX, RAE, MX, AXJ, AXP, AJP

Sherwood?s Meghan In Motion, RAE, MX, MXJ

Sunchase's Suicide Blonde UDX, AX, AXJ, RN, AJP, OAP, BDA CD, BH, AD, CAN CD, TDI, HIC

INT'L CH. Sunchase's Zero to Hero UDX, MX, MXJ, RN, BDA CD, BH, AD, TDI, HIC

Sunchase's Caught Peeking UDX, AX, AXJ, TT, TDI, HIC

Sweet Georgie Girl UDX MX MXJ

Those are just a few. And if you don't know what any of those titles mean, then you have NO business talking about what breeds are and are not trainable.

You know what Tatertots. I agree. I begged them to not get another boxer. I even said, that it is probably the owners fault. But it has still led me to hate boxers. All of them. Just my personality. I would rather you keep your pictures of your boxers.

Funny you mention GSDs. I dont like or trust them either.

Oh, so now I am a bigot. [Roll Eyes] You dont have anything you are passionate about? Or passionately dislike?

Good Lord people. Go home and hug your boxer if it makes you feel better. Cause it may be the perfect dog for you.

Oh and to clear this up incase yall were having reading problems. It is my In Laws. Not my family. I am the only one in my family to have pets.

quote:

Originally posted by CanadianGolden:

Sunchase's Suicide Blonde UDX, AX, AXJ, RN, AJP, OAP, BDA CD, BH, AD, CAN CD, TDI, HIC

Those are just a few. And if you don't know what any of those titles mean, then you have NO business talking about what breeds are and are not trainable.

[Not Worthy][Not Worthy]

And how about the boxers that are trained as service dogs for the blind, handicapped and others?? Ohh I suppose those don't count huh. [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Originally posted by CanadianGolden:

Even a blind pig finds a hole every now and then.

[Eek!]

Here's my lovely Boxer who is great with all children at ANY age. These dogs are one of the few breeds that are the BEST family dogs!

-

[ 10-25-2007, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: Pamela ]

is it just me or could the o.p be a bored teenager just wanting to see how much she can rile people up?

if not, o.p. how about this; make a list of all the things you hate, print it out, set a match to it and i'm sure you'll feel better.

quote:

So if you don't care what anyone else says(in your first post) and you don't dare see pictures(not that I'd waste my time) then why the heck even start this thread?? I see it as immature and instigating.

If I recall..... you asked. I wasnt going to hijack someone elses thread.

Oh and how come yall feel the need to defend your breed so harshly? Is there the ring of truth?

If there was someone who disliked heelers and coonhounds, which is my breed of choice. I would just see their point, and say that they probably have valid reasons and havent seen good representatives of the breed. I wouldnt get all upset over it.

ANY BREED OF dog is ONLY as GOOD as the owner. I truely believe that you can judge a person by their dog... so if this dog was out of control and untrainable then that's the owner's problem NOT THE BREED. SAME GOES FOR the breeds of horses, they're only as good as the trainer.

quote:

AND I'll say one more dam thing about this thread... my boxer has been through thick and thin for me MENTALLY and PHYSICALLY. That dog IS my best friend...

I'm actually really ashamed that this is even a thread! [Mad]

Aw Pam, I dont want to have to delete this. I dont want a ton of pics.

I did forget to add something to my first post:

There probably are some good boxers. I have never seen one. But I have never seen a wolf, and I am pretty sure they exist.

Yeah Nick. I am a bored teenager.

Yall go ahead and bash some more. I have work to do. I will be back to check on your work.

[Roll Eyes]

i think op is just stateing her opinon to call her a bigot because she doesnt like a dog breed is plain stupid. I havent been around many boxers i think they're pretty and the only one i've been around was a excape artist and landed herself in the pound where she got out daliy. But i see where the op is comeing from she doesnt like the breed and she told you why. I can tell you why im not fond of minature pinchers my aunt has 4 and they never shut up ever no matter what they do so i dont like that breed they arent for me.

Boxers are not for the op just like ive seen topics about breeds of horses that are not for certain people i never saw one of them being called a bigot.

[ 10-25-2007, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: cowgurlup1983 ]

One more thing. Pam I agree. It probably is the owners. BUt it doesnt change my personal feelings.

ANd yours probably is well behaved. I have read enough of your posts to know you know how to handle an energetic animal.

Sorry you hate Boxers and you are entitled to your feelings.. [smiley Wavey]

I on the other hand have had dogs my whole life from Poodles, Labs, German shepards, Dobermans you name it I have had...got my first Boxer a couple of years ago and that was the BEST darn dog I ever owned...Smart as they come, sweet as could be to the grandkids and us and protective of his home...One heck of an animal...I miss him terribly ... [Me Cry]

quote:

Aw Pam, I dont want to have to delete this. I dont want a ton of pics.

I did forget to add something to my first post:

There probably are some good boxers. I have never seen one. But I have never seen a wolf, and I am pretty sure they exist.

Yeah Nick. I am a bored teenager.

Yall go ahead and bash some more. I have work to do. I will be back to check on your work.

[Roll Eyes]

If ya recall YOU are the one in the other thread that had stated your disdain for boxers, I simply asked if you were being sarcastic.

And if you did not think that you were going to get heated replies to this topic then why the heck even start it? [Roll Eyes]

[ 10-25-2007, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Tatertots ]

Hey SG. [smiley Wavey] I know there are some good ones. I still dont like them. But there are many more people who hate my breed of dogs. It doesnt bother me.

Tatertots, I did say that. Just for comparison. You wanted to know why. I told you.

Of course I expected folks to get mad. Why else would I post it? It still wont bother me. Why do you think I dont want heated responses?

But I didnt figure yall would be so maniac about it. How about telling me something that *might* change my view on it. A little more to where it makes sense. Cause the only person who has said anything to show them to me in a different light is Pam and SG. I will listen to them and see what they have to say.