qhridinGA

Why I *extremely dislike* Boxers

quote:

Originally posted by Spunkers Gal:

Sorry QH, but this is cause Mudder said you didn't want it..I was respecting you but not her...
[ROTFL][ROTFL]

If I had more I would post'em but this is the only one on my comp...I might just have to scan more just to agrivate Mudder...
[Razz]

THE BESTEST DOG THAT EVER WAS...............

-

Never mind Victor!! I'll use it myself.

[ROTFL] Spunker [Huggy]

Oh, I will be the first to tell you that with out proper training, a cattle dog is awful. That is why I do not recommend to everyone.

But I wont get all up in arms when someone tells me that they hate them. It just means more for me.

But there is still something else. I really, really, dont like them. If one comes in my yard, it will be removed by whatever means necessary. But that is how I treat any dog that is not ours that comes on our property.

Them theres fighten words .. [Mad] ..don't you dare use my beloved Tuff as your roach killer..I will send ya some raid if'n you need it...You know I ain't got none those things her...Might want to use a picture of PINKY instead... [ROTFL][ROTFL]

I want to kill not scare the beegeebers outta them. Come on Spunker you can do better than that can't ya? [ROTFL]

CG - Have you ever generalized anything? But, I still dont like them.

This reminds me of people that say they dont like deer meat. Then everyone wants to shove theirs down their throat and that sure doesnt make them want to eat it. What you can do is fix them something else, and makes yours the way you like it. Most of the time they will try it.

[Wink]

Okay..You got me PINKY just might scrare them, but her alter ego should kill'em [Crazy][Crazy]

-

So let my beloveded TUFF rest in peace... [ROTFL][ROTFL]

[ 10-25-2007, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Spunkers Gal ]

Oh SG! You dont like deer meat! How could you! I bet whoever fixed it for you didnt fix it right and had absolutely no idea what they were doing. Blame it on the cook, not the meat.

[ROTFL]

Your so funny...Look what you just said... [Wink] (blame it on the cook, not the meat) same as... Blame it on the owner not the breed... [Wink] I told hubby about this dicussion and he was heartbroken that anyone would think badly of his BABY...I explained to him, not his baby but QH's opinion...He told me to tell you that Tuff's only fault was his farting.... [ROTFL][ROTFL]

Tell hubby that I am sorry. But if you met the one I have to see every day....

I had to boot our Rottie outside because of his farts. It would wake me from a dead sleep. I have changed his food hoping that helps.

It's funny you should mention boxers being bad around kids....

One of the only childhood photos I have...me and my first "horse" Sarge.

-

Seriously though...my family has always had boxers. My best girlfriend has one too.

But I hear what you are saying. They are high energy dogs and they are very "paw" friendly--hence the name "boxer".

Obviously not for everyone. And I can respect your opinion. But I also think that idiot owners can ruin ANY breed for a person.

Me? I'm not a fan of GSD's. I know a LOT of well behaved ones now. But I have childhood memories of being tackled by ill-trained ones and I just can't get past it. I "like" them okay, but I'd NEVER EVER have one.

And a lot of little dogs. Got bit by so many as a vet tech that I'd sooner punt them than pet them.

I think everyone has a "personality" which is a best fit for one breed or another...but it's certainly true that if you run into one, two, three + of a breed that just don't jive that you're scarred for life.

quote:

Originally posted by BuddyRooShmancyNShy:

It's funny you should mention boxers being bad around kids....

One of the only childhood photos I have...me and my first "horse" Sarge.

-

Awwwww BRoo!!! Cute!! Now that is one cute picture! Oh and you too [Razz] LOL!! Just kidding, you were both adorable!! [Wink]

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I know for a fact most people think my dogs are disgusting and hideous (they are not boxers, I've met other peoples boxers I liked, and some I did not like, but they are not my cup of tea for my own dog). I don't care, I love them and if other people don't like them they are free not to have them. However, I will be honest and admit that if someone said they wouldn't try to avoid hitting my dog if they saw it by the side of the road simply because of it's breed that would get my dander up. Not that it would be likely that they would BE by the road, since in the 2 decades I've had dogs as an adult I've never had one get loose and end up in the road (*knock on wood*) but still...

Just to clarify..Miss QH did you say this really [Question] This brings back the old saying..."two sides to every story" or get it from the horses mouth... [ROTFL]

quote:

However, I will be honest and admit that if someone said they wouldn't try to avoid hitting my dog if they saw it by the side of the road simply because of it's breed that would get my dander up

quote:

WOW... this just kind of hit a nerve didn't it?!

Well I have to say "to each his own" There are alot of breeds I don't care for, horses... dogs... whatever. But I do have to say that I am a boxer person cause I HAVE seen them well trained and properly raised.

I currently have a "registered boxer" who we adopted cause his previous owners took him to several training classes and expected him to behave the same as their rottie and corgi. He is a wonderfully sweet willing dog, he just has ALOT of energy! They had a TINY back yard and never had time to make sure he got plenty of excersise.

Since we have had him we have determined that apparently daddy was a fence jumping pitt bull... he has a pitt head and boxer body. So he is actually a double trial! hahahaha We have worked with him for the 2 years we have had him to teach him to be a productive member of the family. We have taught him that our cats are not for chasing (the old owners use to encourage him to chase their cat cause he was fat and "needed to lose weight")

I have to say that EVERY thing he does that we have had to train him NOT to do were from poor training with his old owners... We have a big back yard and so he gets plenty of exerciser and when he comes in he is a nice calm well behaved boy!

Of course I also have a Pitt bull that we have had for 15 years. So I guess what I am trying to say... don't lump them all together. some are properly raised!

There are no bad dogs... just stupid owners! I do agree that they are an energetic breed and need alot of proper training... but that is true for alot of breeds! just remember that a well bred properly raised dog will always be a pleasure to be around!

Now if we kan just get people to be responsible with breeding then things would be better!

quote:

Originally posted by Spunkers Gal:

Just to clarify..Miss QH did you say this really
[Question]
This brings back the old saying..."two sides to every story" or get it from the horses mouth...
[ROTFL]

quote:

However, I will be honest and admit that if someone said they wouldn't try to avoid hitting my dog if they saw it by the side of the road simply because of it's breed that would get my dander up

quote:

It's on the second page of the JRT thread, rereading it she actually says if it ran out in front of her, not if it was by the side of the road. It would still get my dander up. Let me see if I can find the actual quote....

quote:

Originally posted by qhridinGA:

quote:

Originally posted by Tatertots:

quote:

Originally posted by qhridinGA:

Want to know what dog breed I really hate? BOXERS. Gag. There is not a single good thing about them.

I would seriously hope you were kidding or at least being sarcastic there
[Wink]
I've had Boxers my entire life and there is nothing "bad" about them.
[big Grin]

I never had a JRT so I honestly could not tell ya either way but I don't believe that all of them can be monsters. Perhaps a few inbred or such dogs but no breed is bad, it is only bad owners and improper or no training.

No Tatertots. I am DEAD serious. I hate them with a passion. I wont hijack her thread and tell why, but lets just say, if one ran out in the road in front of my truck, I would not go out of my way to miss it. If I NEVER see one again, it will be too soon. And I am a dog person.

OH for crying out loud. Hate, extremely dislike, who cares. It's just her lousy opinion. I dislike Victor so what's the dang difference. There I said it. It's out in the open now.

I have two Boxers, Haley and Trooper. I think they are gorgeous, sometimes noble, sometimes silly-cute creatures. They are half-siblings, they share the same father. My mom (their breeder) breeds them specifically for good temperments.

As far as underbites go, a Boxer should have a *slight* underbite, but if you saw one that couldn't pick objects up off the ground, then you saw one that was poorly conformed. It would be like seeing a TB with a parrot mouth and saying that you hate TB's because they all have parrot mouths. Just not true.

Why I love my Boxers:

They are smart. They sit, lay down, jump straight up in the air, back, and turn in circles on command. They shake hands from standing, sitting, or laying positions.

My dogs have been trained to be well behaved. They are never permitted to jump on or paw anybody at any time. They know from my tone of voice when they are getting too rambunctious. They immediately high-tail it to their favorite resting spots and take a "time out." They will not leave the "time out" areas until I go to them and pet them and tell them that I am not mad at them anymore.

When they want something from me, they will politely sit in front of my chair and look at me. If I don't notice they will whine softly. If I then ask them if they want to go outside, they will bark.

If the food or water bowl is empty, my male will pick it up and bring it to me. He will hold it in his mouth until I take him into the kitchen to get the food or water.

My dogs are always up for a trip to the barn. They are naturally inclined to chase things (especially stray cats), but if I call their name, they will stop immediately. Oh, you can see that they *really* want keep going... I will tell them to sit and their butts will hover about an inch above the ground, like they are ready to spring into action and chase the cats. But, they listen and wait for the command.

They never chase the horses. They learned early on what the electric fence was, and know not to go anywhere near it.

They are an endless source of amusement for me. I would never have a Boxer by itself. They really are too playful for a human to keep up with. Two or more together is perfect, because they really do keep each other occupied. I do play with them. They like to fetch their toys and play "tug of war." You can tell the female which toy you want and she will go find it. She knows the difference between a "baby" (a stuffed animal), a ball, and a tug. She will bring you whichever you request.

The absolute best thing about them in my book is their propensity to cuddle. I call them my Cuddlebugs. If I am sitting on the couch, my female will sit in front of me and wait for me to ask her to get on the couch. She will then lay in my lap and sleep there as long as I will let her. My male likes his cuddle at bedtime, he absolutely loves to have his ears gently pulled. He is so funny, he literally sighs with contentment. After his ear pulling, he goes off the the end of the bed and lays down. My female then snuggles up against me and keeps me warm.

Boxers are more expressive and sensitive than any other dog breed I have ever owned. Mine seem more "human" than animal. I do not hate other breeds of dogs, but I know that Boxers are the only ones for me!

I could probably go on forever about how sweet, smart, loving, cute, funny, and great my Boxers are, but this is way too long already. Kudos to anyone who actually read the whole thing!

actually i think boxers are lot better looking than great danes, i think great danes are lot better lookign than mastiffs, I think mastiffs are a lot better looking than bulldogs.....

Coonhounds, heelers just look homely to me..

thecollie.aussie, look classier,prettier than all above to me..

Myfavorite breed, cocker spanials, i owned two of them.

irishsettr, brittney spanials , are beautiful looking dogs as well ,but are just to big abreed for me.

lab..reteivers, are a nice hansome looking breed to me, but again, too much/too big for me.

rightnow we two have mini dauschunds, which are veryadorable, cute m ful of character, iheard about small breeds,being yippee ,ours arn't in fact they are very quiet..don'tyap.

as far as the JR and rat terriers just remind of monkeys ,funny looking and full of it...

We have an aussie, cross between a mini nad standard, she is in between...not as smal las the mini nor asalrge as the standard who is full of energy, she is our outside dog, talk about energy, but she is well behaved, agood watch dog.

out of all the breeds i think the poodle looks the wierdiest...

German shephard, doberman ,rots , - look very regal to me, again a breed not for me..

JDC--my GSD LOVES a gentle ear pulling too!! He wil groan and almost roll his eyes back in to his head. What a riot. I have 2 Goldens and 1 GSD and I just love them.

The dogs I choose to live my life with are as varied as pieces of sand on a beach. I have a 4 lb. Taco Bell dog, a 30 lb or so mixed breed and a 90 lb. GSD.

The one thing they all have in common is their temperment. They are all loving, obedient, quiet companions.

Breed doesn't have anything to do with my choices. It's all temperment for me.

My daughter has a boxer that I admit... ummmm is a bit much. Not mean... but justtttttttt sooooooooo dangggggggg happyyyyyyy all the time! But she has calmed down a lot in the last year and perhaps there is some hope for her. But don't let her out... she WILL NOT come back on her own. You will have to chase her for at least an hour. If you are lucky.

Char

[ 10-26-2007, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Char ]

JDC.. that's a riot.. My Boxer girl LOVES to have her ears tugged... She will lay her head in your lap UNTIL you stop the tugging... I swear she sighs...

BROO...now THAT was a Boxer. I haven't seen one built like that..well ever. He's a beauty!

It's nice to see this debate is turning more friendly [smile]

NC--that's what they USED to look like. That pic is nearly 30 years old.

My grandpa always had boxers. They were stout. Well behaved too. But I think as with all breeds, over time, (and with poor breeding practices) you can end up with some pretty nutso dogs with very different confo than the "old style".

Anyway...Sarge was a good boy. [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by Mudder:

No. She just hates boxers period. She doesn't want to see pictures either. And she hates the color purple.

Good thing there aren't purple boxers!

Oh, wait! I think I have seen purple boxers? Oh that is the wrong kind of boxers, wrong thread!

[Razz][ROTFL]

My mom's neighbor had a boxer, he was the sweetest dog. Maybe a little dumb but sweet. [Wink]