qhridinGA

Why I *extremely dislike* Boxers

quote:

Originally posted by HeartFeltFarm:

Or maybe you'd prefer...

-

I definitely prefer these. I had a pair just like that for lounging around the house in, same colour and everything. They didn't look nearly as good on me though.

[Frown]

I don't like boxers...

Mainly because I believe that they, like my opinion of the English Bulldog, are genetic disasters. So much in fact that Johns Hopkins University is currently doing a study on heart disease and Boxers... yes, exclusively Boxers. Last week alone I helped the cardiology tech disect 4 Boxers (3 of which were under the age of 5 years old, the other only 7) and remove and preserve the heart for transportation. Their increasing rates of hip dysplasia, cardiomyopathy, and cancer don't really speak to well of the breed in terms of longevity.

In terms of a pet, yes, I guess one could say that they are nice dogs, however in terms of medically, their disasters.

Nice post qhridinGA

same reasons Im starting to hate bernese mountain dogs, all because someone can't correctly train a dog.

But this dog sounds just like all of them boxers you talked about rolled into one.

yuck.

I have a boxer named Zoey. I've had a boxer before we got Zoey as well. His name was Dakota. They were both the friendliest dogs ever, they will be stubborn sometimes though. Boxers are very loyal, and loving pets. Everybody has different opinions but I mean All dogs should be loved. Whenever people say pitbulls are bad I get mad because there really not bad dogs. Boxers are really not bad dogs either.

Well, as long as we're here, I can see why someone with that screen name might want to defend her favorite breed.  ;)

I think, deep down, if it came to a choice between the OP's in-laws and the dogs, I think she might have picked the dogs....  I wonder if the annoying dogs are still alive?

Dogs do tend to reflect their owners.  Some people just ruin perfectly good dogs.  Other people make very poor decisions about where they buy their dogs.  If you buy a puppy through an online broker or pet store, it came from a puppy mill.  So, the dogs are annoying, but the owners are ultimately responsible.  

Edited by little cow