Sign in to follow this  
city-gal

What color is your car?

My TrailBlazer is 'Dark Pewter Metallic'

Basically, it's black. But if the lighting is right, it will take on the hue of whatever car is next to it [Confused]

Our dually is white. [smiley Wavey]

My car is royal blue. It was supposed to be an olive-y green, but there weren't any available. It's cute though. I have a VW rabbit. I love it.

My blazer was pewter. Boring. No more dirt colored cars/trucks for me!

Paula

Technically my truck is black- the one side is a matte and the other a gloss black. Half of my truck is rust... I have the town beater; when I drive in the rain, water comes up through the rust in my floorboards and makes my pant cuffs wet. heehee [big Grin]

I started out with a "sandrift metalic" (beige/gold) cavalier when I was in college. I traded that off for a dark grey 4-Runner a few years ago. Then I started hauling the horses more and needed my own truck. My criteria was it had to be at least 3/4 ton, I didn't want leather and nothing black. After a couple months of shopping I ended up buying a black & tan F250 with leather interior. I hate trying to keep black clean, but like how it looks when it is. We also have a black Toyota Celica we use as a work car and my husband drives a blue/silver Toyota Tundra.

[ 02-01-2008, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: eeyore4176 ]

Guest cowpony01

OOOh, OOOOh, these are my two, the New Dodge 6.7L is my main ride now, but ole Bertha has taken me farther with the horses.....Lots of miles her and I!

-

and Bertha.....

-

Dodge 3500 dually truck....White

Ford F350 dually truck.....Grey

Ford F550 dually truck.....White

Toyota FourRunner......Red

Corvette (SWEET) ....Monterey Red

Wanna take a guess WHICH is my favorite?????? [Wink]

My 03 Ram 2500 is royal blue.

Hubby's 04 Chevy 1500 is white.

And we have a beater car that is goldish??

I love my truck. [big Grin] I hate paying the gas. [Frown]

My Honda Accord is white.....less fading in the AZ sun [Wink] and hubby's GMC truck is pewter.

azgrulla [smiley Wavey]

quote:

Originally posted by city-gal:

I never wanted a red car until we have decided to move. I feel it will be safer for others on those snowy Utah roads to see me sliding down the highway!

My minivan is only one year old so I cannot trade it in yet. But next time...RED...WARNING!

Hey you would not hardly believe it but in the snow storms You can actually see the white cars better then yellow.

That surprises me. I just thought to warn other drivers that a winter novice was on the roads! Kind of like a fire engine. Red, loud & lights!

quote:

Originally posted by mtn_penny:

We have a white Mazda pickup and a pewter Hyundai Accent.

So I must be pale tooo.

But my dream car is a vw beetle bug Red with Black dots. then I would have a lady bug!
[big Grin]

I have seen a vw with that same paint job. It is actually nice looking.

I have a Chevy express van(Can't remember what it is at the moment) that is white. Around here people think it is invisible because they are always coming close to hitting me.

If I had an option I would get a red mini cooper but that will probably never happen.

[ 02-01-2008, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: painthorse77 ]

yup you would think red but really I could always see my mom's white car in the snow storm comming way before I could ever see dad's fire engine red pick up.

My truck is black.

Mom's Lexus is silver.

Dad's Denali is white.

Sister's Toyota Rav4 is black.

We kinda have a color scheme.

My truck is silver with a black pin stripe.

Hubbies truck is a maroonish color.

We have been looking a dodge chargers for hubby. Black or red.

I don't have it yet

(it's missing a side view mirror-- my brother, the previous owner-- and I sort of don't have my permit quite yet, either)

but when I do get it,

the truck is this color green.

Yum.

I think it's more how much people care (or don't) about their car's color, etc. that tells more about them than the actual color, though.

I work at a dealership and have to say that we sell a lot of silver and pewter type colors. Although with the new chrysler line there are a lot of burnt oranges and red types going out. Interesting tidbit, the most popular color for cars has been silver. As of 2007 white/white metallic took over as the most purchased vehicle color.