Sign in to follow this  
NewfieLover

'Take down the bird feeder'

Recommended Posts

Got this e-mail today...pretty much says it all.

I bought a bird feeder. I hung

it on my back porch and filled

it with seed. What a beauty of

a bird feeder it is, as I filled it

lovingly with seed. Within a

week we had hundreds of birds

taking advantage of the

continuous flow of free and

easily accessible food.

But then the birds started

building nests in the boards

of the patio, above the table,

and next to the barbecue.?

Then came the poop. It was

everywhere: on the patio tile,

the chairs, the table

everywhere!?

Then some of the birds

turned mean. They would

dive bomb me and try to

peck me even though I had

fed them out of my own

pocket.

And others birds were

boisterous and loud. They

sat on the feeder and

squawked and screamed at

all hours of the day and night

and demanded that I fill it

when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even

sit on my own back porch

anymore. So I to ok down the

bird feeder and in three days

the birds were gone. I cleaned

up their mess and took down

the many nests they had built

all over the patio.

Soon, the back yard was like

it used to be.... quiet, serene

and no one demanding their

rights to a free meal.?

Now let's see.

Our government gives out

free food, subsidized housing,

free medical care, and free

education and allows anyone

born here to be an automatic

citizen.

Then the illegal's came by the

tens of thousands. Suddenly

our taxes went up to pay for

free services; small apartments

are housing 5 families; you

have to wait 6 hours to be seen

by an emergency room doctor;

your child's 2nd grade class is

behind other schools because

over half the class doesn't speak

English.

Corn Flakes now come in a

bilingual box; I have to

'press one' to hear my bank

talk to me in English, and

people waving flags other

than 'Old Glory' are

squawking and screaming

in the streets, demanding

more rights and free liberties.

Just my opinion, but maybe

it's time for the government

to take down the bird feeder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just put the bird feeder farther out into the yard and it solves the problem. I still get to enjoy the birds and they don't trash my porch, but that doesn't do much for the analogy does it? lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a bird feeder. Actually I bought 3. And a feeder for squirrels. Made out of recycled wood. Handcrafted in the USA. I filled them with seed grown locally right. I got corn from local farmers that I could put out for the squirrels. Within hours I had many birds, squirrels, and chipmunks happily munching in my backyard.

I had so many diffent types of birds and wondered where they all came from. Why were they all coming to my feeder? Why weren't they out in the woods and the fields working for their food. Oh yeah, the woods have been cut down. The fields have been plowed under. Buildings and potato fields where there were once forests and meadows.

They build their nests all around my property. What a privilege to see the cycle of life continue. I get to see the once endangered Bald Eagle and Bluebird on my own land!

The birds contribute to the health of my land. They fertilize it for me for free. And even if some gets on my boots or lands on my deck, well, sweeping it off seems to be a small price to pay.

And when the feeders would run dry, those silly birds would really squack to remind me. But they were not nearly as noisy as the constant barrage on my senses of the noise of the city life that I had left behind.

If I walked to close to their nests, those birds would swoop and dive at me, doing their best to save the life of their babies. Wouldn't any mother do the same??

I would never take those feeders down. While other segments of humanity take habitat away, this is my way of giving it back. How boring my backyard would be without my bird friends.

Now let's see.

Our government gives out

free food, subsidized housing,

free medical care, and free

education and allows anyone

born here to be an automatic

citizen.

Aren't we lucky? Think about some other countries where the people are dying by the thousands of famine and disease. Sure, we have a lot of folks that abuse our system - but consider the alternative.

Our country was founded by immigrants. Now our country is made of millions of people from all corners of the globe. Yes, it often puts a strain on our abilities to take care of everyone. But in return we are privileged to have the diversity of the world right here at home. I've learned some Spanish from street signs, French from instructions for barbeque grill, and even a little Vietnamese when I get my nails done.

How boring life would be if everything were the same. How interesting it is with QH people talking to Arabian people talking to Appy people!

Please, leave my bird feeder alone.

[Cool]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by TheHorseTeacher:

I bought a bird feeder. Actually I bought 3. And a feeder for squirrels. Made out of recycled wood. Handcrafted in the USA. I filled them with seed grown locally right. I got corn from local farmers that I could put out for the squirrels. Within hours I had many birds, squirrels, and chipmunks happily munching in my backyard.

I had so many diffent types of birds and wondered where they all came from. Why were they all coming to my feeder? Why weren't they out in the woods and the fields working for their food. Oh yeah, the woods have been cut down. The fields have been plowed under. Buildings and potato fields where there were once forests and meadows.

They build their nests all around my property. What a privilege to see the cycle of life continue. I get to see the once endangered Bald Eagle and Bluebird on my own land!

The birds contribute to the health of my land. They fertilize it for me for free. And even if some gets on my boots or lands on my deck, well, sweeping it off seems to be a small price to pay.

And when the feeders would run dry, those silly birds would really squack to remind me. But they were not nearly as noisy as the constant barrage on my senses of the noise of the city life that I had left behind.

If I walked to close to their nests, those birds would swoop and dive at me, doing their best to save the life of their babies. Wouldn't any mother do the same??

I would never take those feeders down. While other segments of humanity take habitat away, this is my way of giving it back. How boring my backyard would be without my bird friends.

Now let's see.

Our government gives out

free food, subsidized housing,

free medical care, and free

education and allows anyone

born here to be an automatic

citizen.

Aren't we lucky? Think about some other countries where the people are dying by the thousands of famine and disease. Sure, we have a lot of folks that abuse our system - but consider the alternative.

Our country was founded by immigrants. Now our country is made of millions of people from all corners of the globe. Yes, it often puts a strain on our abilities to take care of everyone. But in return we are privileged to have the diversity of the world right here at home. I've learned some Spanish from street signs, French from instructions for barbeque grill, and even a little Vietnamese when I get my nails done.

How boring life would be if everything were the same. How interesting it is with QH people talking to Arabian people talking to Appy people!

Please, leave my bird feeder alone.

[Cool]

You are a true patriot and one heck of a human! [big Grin]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Aren't we lucky? Think about some other countries where the people are dying by the thousands of famine and disease. Sure, we have a lot of folks that abuse our system - but consider the alternative.

Our country was founded by immigrants. Now our country is made of millions of people from all corners of the globe. Yes, it often puts a strain on our abilities to take care of everyone. But in return we are privileged to have the diversity of the world right here at home. I've learned some Spanish from street signs, French from instructions for barbeque grill, and even a little Vietnamese when I get my nails done

That's not the premise of this post-yes, we are founded by immigrants-immigrants that went to Ellis Island, became citizens...learned the language and were PROUD to be AMERICANS! Very few of them came for a handout as they do now. The ILLEGALS are the ones this is about. Depleting the system, keeping the schools 'dumbed down' because they don't know what is being said-and need a translator (at taxpayers cost!).

They have NO respect for our laws, for our sovereignty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by exes blue eyed devil:

You are a true patriot and one heck of a human!
[big Grin]

Amen to that! [Not Worthy]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps we can agree to disagree, Newfie. [Huggy]

I do not think our system is depleted.

I do not think our schools are dumbed down.

After living among thousands of illegals, I know that they DO respect our laws. Most of them work very hard and contribute to this country in many ways. IMO it is our shame that we AND their own country have made being in this country to work and/or to live so difficult for them.

[Cool]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by TheHorseTeacher:

I bought a bird feeder. Actually I bought 3. And a feeder for squirrels. Made out of recycled wood. Handcrafted in the USA. I filled them with seed grown locally right. I got corn from local farmers that I could put out for the squirrels. Within hours I had many birds, squirrels, and chipmunks happily munching in my backyard.

I had so many diffent types of birds and wondered where they all came from. Why were they all coming to my feeder? Why weren't they out in the woods and the fields working for their food. Oh yeah, the woods have been cut down. The fields have been plowed under. Buildings and potato fields where there were once forests and meadows.

They build their nests all around my property. What a privilege to see the cycle of life continue. I get to see the once endangered Bald Eagle and Bluebird on my own land!

The birds contribute to the health of my land. They fertilize it for me for free. And even if some gets on my boots or lands on my deck, well, sweeping it off seems to be a small price to pay.

And when the feeders would run dry, those silly birds would really squack to remind me. But they were not nearly as noisy as the constant barrage on my senses of the noise of the city life that I had left behind.

If I walked to close to their nests, those birds would swoop and dive at me, doing their best to save the life of their babies. Wouldn't any mother do the same??

I would never take those feeders down. While other segments of humanity take habitat away, this is my way of giving it back. How boring my backyard would be without my bird friends.

Now let's see.

Our government gives out

free food, subsidized housing,

free medical care, and free

education and allows anyone

born here to be an automatic

citizen.

Aren't we lucky? Think about some other countries where the people are dying by the thousands of famine and disease. Sure, we have a lot of folks that abuse our system - but consider the alternative.

Our country was founded by immigrants. Now our country is made of millions of people from all corners of the globe. Yes, it often puts a strain on our abilities to take care of everyone. But in return we are privileged to have the diversity of the world right here at home. I've learned some Spanish from street signs, French from instructions for barbeque grill, and even a little Vietnamese when I get my nails done.

How boring life would be if everything were the same. How interesting it is with QH people talking to Arabian people talking to Appy people!

Please, leave my bird feeder alone.

[Cool]

[Not Worthy][Not Worthy][Not Worthy]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by WarPony:

I just put the bird feeder farther out into the yard and it solves the problem. I still get to enjoy the birds and they don't trash my porch, but that doesn't do much for the analogy does it? lol.

Well, not unless we put the 'subsidized housing, free medical/education, citizenship and welfare birdfeeder' in Canada... [big Grin]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Heidi n Q:

quote:

Originally posted by WarPony:

I just put the bird feeder farther out into the yard and it solves the problem. I still get to enjoy the birds and they don't trash my porch, but that doesn't do much for the analogy does it? lol.

Well, not unless we put the 'subsidized housing, free medical/education, citizenship and welfare birdfeeder' in Canada...
[big Grin]
[ROTFL][ROTFL]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you dont live in southern cali, or utah or NW or arizona where it is getting hard to even manage to get a house on this market cause the illegals down the road baught it and distroyed it.. now someone else has to clean it back up cause they abandoned it after having 40 people live in a 2 bedroom house.. so now the governement has once again to clean up after them to resell the house cause they qualified for the home loan, but didnt want to pay for it.. had all these fancy expensive cars and toys int heir yard..but payig the bills to live there wasnt on the plans..

SOME are greatful and work hard like the rest of us, SOME ARE SELFISH AND DONT CARE... JUST LOOKING FOR THE FREE HANDOUT... LOOKING FOR GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIZED HOUSING THEY WONT PAY FOR.. AND SLEALING FROM THE PEOPLE THEY LIVE NEXT TO JUST CAUSE THEY WANT WAHT THE OTHER PERSON HAS..

now for hte opposite side of the coin.. I have known a lot of people in my life with a long history of working here and going back in the winter.. I have seem some illgals who give more respect and consideration to everyone around them cause they are trying to EARN their place.. they want ot make this a better place.. I know a gentleman he came here when he was 20 cause he learned that there were actually good jobs, and drinkable water.. he moved his family here 60 years ago.. he will tell you some of the new generations and younger people DONT GIVE A **** about the place they came to.. they want it all handed to them on a golden platter and not have to work for any of it.. those are the ones we should fight to reform or get rid of.. but the ones who are working and trying to help are the ones we should seek and encourage!

there are 2 sides to every coin, and there are differences in how people are raised and how they think as a result of that..

my sister is a lazy good fo nothing individual.. in fact she is worse than some of the illigals that come here.. so hmmm her and her generation are spoiled rotten give it to me brats.. maybe she and hers should go away.. maybe we chould consider them illegals cause they are not trying to do anything to help,. only asking for handouts.. she lies and steals and begs for more help... isnt she the same.. oh yeah and she was BORN HERE

I think a lot needs to be done to get disipline corrected in the young and get the new ones coming in every day to the right places to get the right start that things have to be worked for nothing is handed out.. maybe then things might change..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kitten - if you were referring to me not knowing about the illegal situation because I currently live in Minnesota, let me tell you a little of my history:

California 1976 - 1990

Arizona 1990-2003

Arizona - Texas 2003 -2006

El Paso, Texas/Las Cruces, NM 2006-2007

Spent a year in West Virginia and met a lot of caucasian Americans that were multi-generational welfare families. But lots of hard-working West Virginians, too.

All kinds in this world, huh!

[Cool]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kitten - we're cool! Just wanted you to know that I DO understand. I haven't always lived up here in the land of blonde hair and blue eyes (the little town I live outside of was settled by the Finnish).

[Cool]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Heidi n Q:

quote:

Originally posted by WarPony:

I just put the bird feeder farther out into the yard and it solves the problem. I still get to enjoy the birds and they don't trash my porch, but that doesn't do much for the analogy does it? lol.

Well, not unless we put the 'subsidized housing, free medical/education, citizenship and welfare birdfeeder' in Canada...
[big Grin]
What!! We have enough of those kinds of feeders. Thanks anyway. [Wink][big Grin]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will not go into specific details, but things have changed drastically in the past 20 years. For one thing, there are so MANY of them now.

The hardest thing is the LANGUAGE barrier. It's so FRUSTRATING! I deal with it everyday and it causes too much confusion and way too many problems!!

I LOVE Newfie's post!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Now let's see.

Our government gives out

free food, subsidized housing,

free medical care, and free

education and allows anyone

born here to be an automatic

citizen.


Funny, I pay out the @ss for health care and education, so I'm guessing the government doesn't hand this out to everyone, just welfare moms and convicts.

As for our schools being dumbed down-that happened in my school system and we didn't have any immagrants in it-just a bunch of stupid, spoiled, white kids.

BTW-the school system around here with the highest college acceptance rate and highest test scores has the smallest population of whites, it is mostly Indian and Asian families with off-the-boat parents that cannot speak English.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by Heidi n Q:

quote:

Originally posted by WarPony:

I just put the bird feeder farther out into the yard and it solves the problem. I still get to enjoy the birds and they don't trash my porch, but that doesn't do much for the analogy does it? lol.

Well, not unless we put the 'subsidized housing, free medical/education, citizenship and welfare birdfeeder' in Canada...
[big Grin]
Haha!!! [ROTFL][ROTFL]

Just a comment, and not towards the immigrant analogy, but i am really afraid of birds. i saw the Alfred Hitchcock movie when i was little and they just scare me to death!!! [Eek!]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know...the way things are going-that movie might be the 'perfect analogy' to the illegals coming into the country.

quote:

Funny, I pay out the @ss for health care and education, so I'm guessing the government doesn't hand this out to everyone, just welfare moms and convicts

That's the point...those of us who are 'hard working citizens' don't get a dime if we need help-yet those who 'cross the border, and have a child here' get food stamps, wic, welfare, etc.

That's why you pay out the @ss. Unless you want it to continue...we need to 'get rid of the bird feeder'

And those that do work...send it home to their family, and we wonder why the dollar is worthless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by NewfieLover:

And those that do work...send it home to their family, and we wonder why the dollar is worthless.

Huh? Wait, I thought the value of the dollar dropping was related to interest rates and inflation, due to the war spending and housing market crisis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by NewfieLover:

quote:

Funny, I pay out the @ss for health care and education, so I'm guessing the government doesn't hand this out to everyone, just welfare moms and convicts

That's the point...those of us who are 'hard working citizens' don't get a dime if we need help-yet those who 'cross the border, and have a child here' get food stamps, wic, welfare, etc.

That's why you pay out the @ss. Unless you want it to continue...we need to 'get rid of the bird feeder'


i don't know. it just doesn't make sense to me. i mean, who decided that the people who are working hard but still need it don't get it? although those who 'cross the border, and have a child here' may be benefitting from this, i'm sure they didn't think it up...

i don't know if that made any sense, hhaa. it made sense in my mind.

[ 06-20-2008, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: mygoldfish ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if you didn't want the birds you should have thought of that BEFORE you put up the bird feeder. [Razz]

My sister just put up a humming bird feeder for me. Hmmmm, I wonder how the cats are gonna like that?

[big Grin]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:

Originally posted by horse crazy inTX:

Well, if you didn't want the birds you should have thought of that BEFORE you put up the bird feeder.
[Razz]


brilliant! [Not Worthy][ROTFL]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am no bleeding heart, but I'll say this...I have huge compassion for the working and disabled poor and very little for the non-working/non disabled poor who exist, however miserably, on social assistance.

The working poor have no benefits and receive little help from any government agency. They slug it out at places like Tim Hortons/Mac Milk/ McDonalds for minimum wage, not quite enough to live on, but too much to be eligible for much assistance.

I do a lot of work with diabetics; it sure is sad when somebody can't afford the meds they need to stay healthy.

ETA: My views include legal/illegal immigrants, natural citizens, whoever. Don't care what language they speak or what colour their skin is.

[ 06-20-2008, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: DraftHorse ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this