Polygamy

51 posts in this topic

quote:

Originally posted by mydakota:

quote:

Originally posted by Jack Baumgartner:

quote:

Originally posted by Trinity:

...Back in the biblcal times, it was common and even the wisest man on earth supposedly Soloman had many wives and concubines......

Old King Solomon, he a hundred wives,

He bought a great big carriage and he'd take them out for drives.

One day the carriage broke down, and here's where the trouble starts,

His wives were waiting in the road, but the king had no spare parts!

I think a bigamist is a man who wants to have his Kate and Edith too.

Snort!!

Jack, where do you come up with all these little ditties you know?
[big Grin]
When you get as old as I you've probably heard it all! I have a very good memory. I remembered the King Solomon thing from hearing it on the Arthur Godfrey show back in the fifties.

I heard the Kate and Edith thing from a guy I worked with, Monte Hall, about forty years ago. I must have a warped mind! I still remember the dirty little ditties we used to sing as kids.

I have thought about it. And I think if the wives can have close relationships, and get along, and can share. It could be actually cool, like having your best friends always there all wokring together like a community.

But realistically, I don't think it happens like that very much. And I'm way too jelous to share. Like if it was my sisters night with my man... but then again, I wasnt brought up that way, and dont think that way. It's normal for them.

So im not against it as long as no ones forced, but its not for me.

I found this thread while searching on google for somethings. I have to say it amazes me the debate about what other people do with their lives. I've seen alot about how they get their money, how they could deal with sharing. Most of you people look down at your nose at them but do you know any? Have you ever met someone that practiced polygamy? In a day and age when divorice is in fashion and 80% of marriages doesn't make it past the first 5 years, you are going to pass judgment on a family dynamic that encourages not only staying together but staying together alot. It's more acceptable to cheat on your wife behind her back then to have a second partner. If you have a second partner you are an outcast, if you are cheating on your wife you are a rock star at the water cooler. I'm a polygamist.  I have one wife and one girlfriend that I'm hoping will be my wife soon. I have lived this way for 7 years. I've been with my first wife for 10 years. I have dated several women but as with other relationships not every single person you meet is a right fit. I take my family's safety in mind everytime i meet someone new. As for money all of us have jobs. And make decent money. We are not rich but we are not living poor either. We are all in this relationship because of our own choosing. And before you ask how my 1st wife can deal with it, she came up with the idea about 8 years ago. It took about a year for me to warm up to the idea, study on it and pray about it. Since then we have been doing this. And we live a very happy life completely packed full of love.

Unlike you, I'm not judging anyone. Not my place. Also unlike you, I'm not breaking any laws. And again unlike you, I don't claim to be christian. Go figure.

Blakhawk,  Live your life as you choose, but don't expect your life style to totally accepted by others,.  Not the type of relationship I would want my daughters in,.  But then life is a choice & you have to live your choices, & deal with the fallout. But Don't expect to find many converts here. PD

I really love how people dig up these old threads, comment once, then disappear.  What are they hoping to accomplish,  other than, causing trouble?

As for polygamy, as far as I'm concerned, it's just an excuse for the man being able to sleep with multiple women and, it being condoned by his wife.....wives?

The women, on the other hand, in my opinion, must have absolutely no self esteem or self worth, to share a man with multiple women.

Equi, its the only way the poor souls can get any real attention.

Why is it this always involves a man with multiple wives? Why don't the women have multiple husbands? Think of all the household projects that would get done!

Here is another voice from the far past.....Found the thread while just lurking, but I don't know if I would be able to keep another wife satisfied physically!!

Perhaps if I were using some kind of chemical stimulus, but at 70 yrs young, I am only up to the twice weekly stuff.

How many Women are up to regular physical attention?? Weekly? Daily, Hourly?........HMMMMM

Who said anything about physical attention? I'm looking for physical labor!  er  :P

2 hours ago, jubal said:

Who said anything about physical attention? I'm looking for physical labor!  er  :P

jubal, There are men that will work, for a good meal, & good conversation. . PD

14 minutes ago, jubal said:

^^^Really?! Never met one of those.

jubal,  They are probably few  & far between, but they are out there, especially men my age, as everytime we eat, it could be Our last Supper!!   Plus physical attention, requires comittment, & food & good conversation doesn't.   PD

45 minutes ago, Proud Dad said:

jubal,  They are probably few  & far between, but they are out there, especially men my age, as everytime we eat, it could be Our last Supper!!   Plus physical attention, requires comittment, & food & good conversation doesn't.   PD

LOL, PD.

I can relate to that, PD, for sure and certain! I'd do a LOT for a good biscuit!

5 hours ago, noponies said:

I can relate to that, PD, for sure and certain! I'd do a LOT for a good biscuit!

nuponies, Thanks for your support, 

jubal,  Now here is proof that some men will work for good food & good conversation.  Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but I was busy filling my stomach, & then taking in some conversation with my wife & grandaughter, & then a couple good old westerns, that I grew up watching back in the 60s & 70s. PD

I will preface this by saying i did not watch the videos as of yet.

I will say that I do not care what consenting adults do in their private lives. And mostly in their public lives as well. If 4, 5, 6 or more adults want to be in a romantic relationship, get married, have children, it is no business of mine. I wish them well.

That being said, there are some groups of people that seem to use this way of life as a means to control and ostracize others. I am talking about the FLDS. But polygamy/polyandry is not exclusive to the FLDS.

And then there is the situation with having more kids than can be adequately provided for. It's a touchy subject for as I am staunchly pro-choice and pro-reproductive rights. But having 20 or more kids seems a bit irresponsible to me. But again, thats not my decision to make. 

When I get a chance i will watch the videos.